• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

WindSplitter1 #1 Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:06 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15938 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

Hello.

After 1.2K battles on my Chaffee, I think it's time to give it a rest and step up the game. Generally speaking LTs and SPGs are complete opposites and often destroy each other frequently, while cutting off the rest from the equation.

I have so-so stats in Churchill III and since I have a good crew in it, I'll leave it at that and focus on another class.

The M4 Sherman looks good enough trainer. It has 5 crew members, so I can put my Chaffee crew there, train for gold to skip the initial grind and go from there but...

Does anyone have advice for playing Medium Tanks seriously?

I intend to get...

>B-C 25t

>T-62A or Obj. 140 (haven't decided because they're too similar)

>T95E2

>T-55A

Edited by WindSplitter1, 10 August 2017 - 05:16 PM.

GalmTwo #2 Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:13 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7415 battles
  • [F-A-D] F-A-D
It just depends on what medium were you thinking of playing.

WindSplitter1 #3 Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:14 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15938 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostGalmTwo, on 10 August 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

It just depends on what medium were you thinking of playing.

B-C 25t

EDIT: Updated the OP. I just need good trainer(s).

Edited by WindSplitter1, 10 August 2017 - 05:17 PM.

GalmTwo #4 Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7415 battles
  • [F-A-D] F-A-D

View PostWindSplitter1, on 10 August 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

B-C 25t

Here's is an excerpt from the WoT wiki website : "Keep in mind that once your shell drum is depleted (5 or 6 shells, depending on the gun), the gruesome reloading time will make you a very easy prey, and the very thin armor will not save you from any kind of shell as it relies on its mobility as a sort of protection. It also has rather poor aim time so you need to get close while moving or stay hidden to fully utilize its awesome cannon. While it can hold ground on its own, it is best used on high-risk high-gain encounters in the mid-late part of the round, preferably with another medium tank as support."

Another one: "The Batchat really comes into its own during the mid-game and late-game, especially if it still has a substantial amount of hitpoints left. By this stage, enemy positions should be known and many tanks will already have taken damage and have spread out across the map."

Last one: "Like other autoloaders, the batchat is a favorite target due to its combination of high burst damage and soft armor. A batchat should use its combination of speed burst to find vulnerable opponents and avoid unfavorable encounters."

WindSplitter1 #5 Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15938 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostGalmTwo, on 10 August 2017 - 04:18 PM, said:

Here's is an excerpt from the WoT wiki website : "Keep in mind that once your shell drum is depleted (5 or 6 shells, depending on the gun), the gruesome reloading time will make you a very easy prey, and the very thin armor will not save you from any kind of shell as it relies on its mobility as a sort of protection. It also has rather poor aim time so you need to get close while moving or stay hidden to fully utilize its awesome cannon. While it can hold ground on its own, it is best used on high-risk high-gain encounters in the mid-late part of the round, preferably with another medium tank as support."

Another one: "The Batchat really comes into its own during the mid-game and late-game, especially if it still has a substantial amount of hitpoints left. By this stage, enemy positions should be known and many tanks will already have taken damage and have spread out across the map."

Last one: "Like other autoloaders, the batchat is a favorite target due to its combination of high burst damage and soft armor. A batchat should use its combination of speed burst to find vulnerable opponents and avoid unfavorable encounters."

Well... of course. I've read the wiki as well. I guess I should L2P by P... but I'd like to know if there was a trainer for them. I don't like relying on armour because the "2" key.

GalmTwo #6 Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7415 battles
  • [F-A-D] F-A-D
Ah I see. Well, I really can't help you, but I hope someone will be. Good luck playing with mediums!

Sessine #7 Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27103 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Get the Sherman and the T-34. If you can play the Chaffee you can play mediums then just train in the tanks (and matching premiums...like T-34-85M).

SnowRelic #8 Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22820 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Just checking, but the T95E2 is a special award tank. You can get it by inviting friends and having them collect a million XP while they platoon with you, or if you don't have any friends, you can make second account and get a tier 10 tank in order to unlock the T95E2. If you take the former route I believe you also get some special crew. As a tank, on its own merits, it isn't very special.

The tier 9 and 10 Pattons are getting buffed next patch and grinding out that medium tank line is pretty enjoyable. The M4A3E8 (Easy 8) might feel somewhat behind the times. The T20 following that is pretty good; but it's not well suited to frontal engagements and brawling. It's got a relative slow reload and next-to-no armour.

The T-55A is another special tank, the reward for finishing the third set of personal missions. You need at least 4 out of 5 vehicle classes to complete those. It's also a German tank. (From the DDR.) Basically, it doesn't differ a lot from the T-54... which is the Russian tank that can unlock both the 140 and T62-A. I'd say go for the T-54. It's fun enough to use it to unlock both tanks. Then later on you can decide between those two (if you only want one).

So, if you want to retrain your Chaffee and Churchill crews for the Patton and 140/T-62A lines... that's not bad idea. There are far worse lines in the game and having an experienced crew helps.

Lastly, when grinding out the French line, consider unlocking the AMX30 line as well. Just in case WG slams the Bat-Chat with the nerf-bat or perhaps if you'd discover the BC-line's playstyle isn't to your liking, in either case you'd have a nice alternative back-up plan.

Suurpolskija #9 Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

There are some low tier french mediums that are non premium. I suppose Lorraine 40t as a premium autoloader suits your crew training needs the best, but afaik the crew layout doesn't match that of the batchats. I could be wrong though.

Edit: it seems the crews match 

Edited by Suurpolskija, 11 August 2017 - 06:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users