Jump to content


Can anyone explain why does OBJ 140 gets a buff?


  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: OBJ 140 buff (97 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Does OBJ 140 deserve a buff?

  1. Yes (25 votes [25.77%])

    Percentage of vote: 25.77%

  2. No (72 votes [74.23%])

    Percentage of vote: 74.23%

Vote Hide poll

Toni112007 #1 Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:24 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9805 battles
  • 424
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013
Can anyone? It seems Wargaming has no idea what they are doing as usual. Whole balancing team in WG should have been fired long time ago.

overcorpse #2 Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:43 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21257 battles
  • 290
  • [BRTD] BRTD
  • Member since:
    10-16-2011
Because Russia.And they made the greatest Tanks of all time and stuff.

Edited by overcorpse, 11 August 2017 - 01:45 PM.


SenpaiErick #3 Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:55 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Clan Commander
  • 46496 battles
  • 523
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    06-08-2011

I actually can. The first Russian tier X medium was the T-62A. It had very strong turret, but quite weak frontal armor (I think even weaker than T-54).

When the Obj. 140 was introduced, it had God-tier frontal armor for a medium tank, but to offset it, developers gave it a weak top that could be overmatched. Otherwise it would have just been a better T-62A right? But now the playstyles were completely different.

 

When the Obj. 140 was converted to HD model, it's frontal armor got nerfed hard. It's quite soft now. So we were left with a tank that has both soft frontal plate AND a soft turret. That's bad, m'kay. It should have at least one clear strength in that department. Since WG wants to make the medium tank armor more situational, then it is logical to buff the turret armor a bit, instead of buffing the frontal plate a lot (that would make Obj. 140 rival some heavies, who atm have no problem penning it frontally if angles are OK).

 

Does it make sense? Yes. Do I personally like this change, having player Obj. 140 over 800 games and 3-marked it yesterday? No. I would like my superb frontal armor back. But in it's absence I will make do with the turret buff.



CoDiGGo #4 Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:57 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14997 battles
  • 569
  • [NEUR0] NEUR0
  • Member since:
    05-10-2015
Because russian. If they dont nerf Defender they will buff is3 for sure, just and example of russian bias

brumbarr #5 Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:03 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostSenpaiErick, on 11 August 2017 - 01:55 PM, said:

I actually can. The first Russian tier X medium was the T-62A. It had very strong turret, but quite weak frontal armor (I think even weaker than T-54).

When the Obj. 140 was introduced, it had God-tier frontal armor for a medium tank, but to offset it, developers gave it a weak top that could be overmatched. Otherwise it would have just been a better T-62A right? But now the playstyles were completely different.

 

When the Obj. 140 was converted to HD model, it's frontal armor got nerfed hard. It's quite soft now. So we were left with a tank that has both soft frontal plate AND a soft turret. That's bad, m'kay. It should have at least one clear strength in that department. Since WG wants to make the medium tank armor more situational, then it is logical to buff the turret armor a bit, instead of buffing the frontal plate a lot (that would make Obj. 140 rival some heavies, who atm have no problem penning it frontally if angles are OK).

 

Does it make sense? Yes. Do I personally like this change, having player Obj. 140 over 800 games and 3-marked it yesterday? No. I would like my superb frontal armor back. But in it's absence I will make do with the turret buff.

 

Not really true, check tanks.gg, the  frontal armor was nerfed by 3mm effective, its still 200mm+. 

So it has that over the T62a and the speed.  It was jsut fine the way it was. But now the obj140 is flat out better.



Aikl #6 Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:08 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25530 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

Probably because they're planning some "Яasha-rebalance" for the T-62A too. :trollface:

 

Judging from the proposed triple overmatch removal (part of the Swedish TDs and their thin, sloped armor), they don't want weak roofs as a part of the game, so probably that.



SenpaiErick #7 Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:10 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Clan Commander
  • 46496 battles
  • 523
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    06-08-2011

It may have gotten some nerf before HD model then, or maybe the avg pen in tier 8 and up has just climbed so much as to make it irrelevant. What I can tell you though is that I used to bounce all Tier X heavies without any issues on my angled frontal plate, something that is very hard to pull off nowadays.

 

Any Obj. 140 aficionado will tell you that its frontal plate now feels like cheese, whereas it used to feel quite strong before.


Edited by SenpaiErick, 11 August 2017 - 02:12 PM.


RamRaid90 #8 Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:22 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21398 battles
  • 6,459
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

Source?

 

I heard rework, not buff or nerf.

 

The playstyles of the two tanks were being changed to make them as different as possible.

 

AFAIK they want the 140 to be a close up mean brawler and the T62-A as a support tank.



Beltalowda #9 Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 61943 battles
  • 769
  • Member since:
    03-02-2011

View PostSenpaiErick, on 11 August 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

When the Obj. 140 was converted to HD model, it's frontal armor got nerfed hard. It's quite soft now. So we were left with a tank that has both soft frontal plate AND a soft turret. 

 

And that is why we can see so many Obj 140's in tier X battles, because they are so under powered. 140 is already one of the most played tier X mediums and it is a great tank as it is now. They are only making it even stronger, maybe they should give it T-22's hull so we can have another super strong tank in the game. 

It does have a great DPM, superb soft stats, amazing accuracy on the move, it's fast and now it will have bouncy T-62A's turret as well. Just remove the copulas and it will be a great addition to current meta.

 

PS: 440 alpha gun would not hurt either


Edited by TrewSx, 11 August 2017 - 02:30 PM.


TIGERMARK3 #10 Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:29 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 16476 battles
  • 69
  • [RO-SR] RO-SR
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011
I like how people scream 'Russian Bias', meanwhile a ton of other medium tanks are buffed and ISU is getting nerfed

RamRaid90 #11 Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:31 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21398 battles
  • 6,459
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostTrewSx, on 11 August 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

 

And that is why we can see so many Obj 140's in tier X battles, because they are so under powered. 140 is already one of the most played tier X mediums and it is a great tank as it is now. They are only making it even stronger, maybe they should give it T-22's hull so we can have another super strong tank in the game. 

It does have a great DPM, superb soft stats, amazing accuracy on the move, it's fast and now it will have bouncy T-62A's turret as well. Just remove the copulas and it will be a great addition to current meta.

 

Yet the Bat Chat 25t, which is the second most played tier X tank behind the 140, everyone claims is "not as great as you think" Caused an uproar when everyone thought WG was "nerfing" it.


Edited by RamRaid90, 11 August 2017 - 02:32 PM.


brumbarr #12 Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:32 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostSenpaiErick, on 11 August 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

It may have gotten some nerf before HD model then, or maybe the avg pen in tier 8 and up has just climbed so much as to make it irrelevant. What I can tell you though is that I used to bounce all Tier X heavies without any issues on my angled frontal plate, something that is very hard to pull off nowadays.

 

Any Obj. 140 aficionado will tell you that its frontal plate now feels like cheese, whereas it used to feel quite strong before.

 

Its the exact same, so its just imaginary. And we shoulndt balance to that, fact is, obj140 has a much better upper plate that T62a.  So the turret buff is unneeded and only makes the 2 more imbalanced and the same, not the otehr way around.

SABAOTH #13 Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:40 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36793 battles
  • 2,914
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View PostToni112007, on 11 August 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

Can anyone? It seems Wargaming has no idea what they are doing as usual. Whole balancing team in WG should have been fired long time ago.

 

They actually do: the 2 tanks are too similar, so they plan to differentiate in obj 140 as a front line brawler and t62A as a sniper.

 

However they will change 62A later on.

Yes until both changes are implemented 140 will be the best of both. We don't know yet if the influence on the game will be positive or negative. We'll see :girl:

 

But please refrain to tell employees must be fired for such bs. It's simply stupid. :facepalm:



Yakito #14 Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:50 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18872 battles
  • 1,349
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011
Because it may struggle a tiny bit when fighting centurion ax. And it should be able to fight 2 of them at the same time.



Beltalowda #15 Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:54 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 61943 battles
  • 769
  • Member since:
    03-02-2011

View PostRamRaid90, on 11 August 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

 

Yet the Bat Chat 25t, which is the second most played tier X tank behind the 140, everyone claims is "not as great as you think" Caused an uproar when everyone thought WG was "nerfing" it.

 

Nerfing a tank is a completely different thing then buffing a tank. Why would you compare these two examples, they are not relevant at all.   



SenpaiErick #16 Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:55 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Clan Commander
  • 46496 battles
  • 523
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    06-08-2011

View PostTrewSx, on 11 August 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

 

And that is why we can see so many Obj 140's in tier X battles, because they are so under powered. 140 is already one of the most played tier X mediums and it is a great tank as it is now. 

 

Obj. 140 is top of the tree at the moment (complete the mission and get 20 free personal reserves), you think that maybe has something to do with why the randoms are full of middling Obj. 140 drivers?

 

What I can tell you is that almost no super unicum plays Obj.140 atm for fun. I just had a run of 195 games in it for 3-marking it, I think I saw maybe 5 super unicums in Obj. 140s in all that time.



Beltalowda #17 Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:08 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 61943 battles
  • 769
  • Member since:
    03-02-2011

View PostSenpaiErick, on 11 August 2017 - 01:55 PM, said:

 

1) Obj. 140 is top of the tree at the moment (complete the mission and get 20 free personal reserves), you think that maybe has something to do with why the randoms are full of middling Obj. 140 drivers?

 

2) What I can tell you is that almost no super unicum plays Obj.140 atm for fun. I just had a run of 195 games in it for 3-marking it, I think I saw maybe 5 super unicums in Obj. 140s in all that time.

 

1) Sure, if a tank is Top of Tree you'll see them more often in Random slaughters. I agree.

 

2) I would not know about that, since I do not use xvm and don't bother with stalking players. But what I do know is that I could see a hell of a lot more Obj 140's in Ranked then let's say Leopard's, or STB's or 121's. The same goes for CW a lot more 140's then any other mediums.

 

For CW BatChat is used as well + TVP but these are autoloaders so different story with these two.



TankkiPoju #18 Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:45 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20270 battles
  • 6,196
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostSenpaiErick, on 11 August 2017 - 01:55 PM, said:

When the Obj. 140 was converted to HD model, it's frontal armor got nerfed hard. It's quite soft now. So we were left with a tank that has both soft frontal plate AND a soft turret. That's bad, m'kay. It should have at least one clear strength in that department. Since WG wants to make the medium tank armor more situational, then it is logical to buff the turret armor a bit, instead of buffing the frontal plate a lot (that would make Obj. 140 rival some heavies, who atm have no problem penning it frontally if angles are OK).

 

Are you actually saying Object140 has at the moment somehow "soft" frontal armor and turret? Sure Object907 is even stronger, but that doesnt mean Object140 is somehow "soft". It has amazing armor for such a mobile tank. Also, saying the frontal armor got nerfed "hard"... lol k.

 

I guess some people wont be happy until Russian meds have same armor as IS-7. It's especially funny people cried about the E5 cupola, but at the same time want Object140 turret to be basically invincible.

 

Also... clear strengths? How about the fact Object140 and T62A have great gun handling AND over 3k DPM? Aren't those already clear strengths enough, do they also have to have fantastic armor as well.


Edited by TankkiPoju, 11 August 2017 - 03:57 PM.


SenpaiErick #19 Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:52 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Clan Commander
  • 46496 battles
  • 523
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    06-08-2011

View PostTankkiPoju, on 11 August 2017 - 04:45 PM, said:

 

Are you actually saying Object140 has at the moment somehow "soft" frontal armor and turret? Sure Object907 is even stronger, but that doesnt mean Object140 is somehow "soft". It has amazing armor for such a mobile tank. Also, saying the frontal armor got nerfed "hard"... lol k.

 

I guess some people wont be happy until Russian meds have same armor as IS-7. It's especially funny people cried about the E5 cupola, but at the same time want Object140 turret to be basically invincible.

 

I cannot argue this with people who just haven't advanced far enough in their gameplay to feel these differences. You have your own, blunicum point of view. If you have recently played Obj 140 and feel that its frontal armor is sufficient, congrats. I played it for 400 games when it was very strong, and now recently for almost 200 games, and I can tell you it is crap at the moment.

 

Let me illustrate what playing the old Obj 140 was like (excuse the hardcore mods I had on back then):

 

 

I dare you to try to repeat this performance today.


Edited by SenpaiErick, 11 August 2017 - 03:52 PM.


TankkiPoju #20 Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:04 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20270 battles
  • 6,196
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostSenpaiErick, on 11 August 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

What I can tell you is that almost no super unicum plays Obj.140 atm for fun. I just had a run of 195 games in it for 3-marking it, I think I saw maybe 5 super unicums in Obj. 140s in all that time.

 

It's because Object140 is flat out boring. Seriously, even IS7 is more fun to play. Not because IS-7 is better but because it feels like a real tank and not a hovercraft with a laser pen. I would guess also most super unicums like tanks that are actually FUN.

 

But buffing Object140 wont make it more fun to play.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users