Jump to content


9.20 Climbs removed? Nope...


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Press2ForSkill #1 Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:43 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14593 battles
  • 689
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
  • Member since:
    06-01-2016

I'm not trying to promote this guy's channel but I thought climbing on Mines, Sacred Valley, Arctic Region.. was removed?? WG Can't even remove really common climbs... 

https://www.youtube....h?v=FFG6jV0dv50

Seems like the only thing WG can do consistently is doing stupid crap.



Spurtung #2 Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:02 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60081 battles
  • 5,474
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

:D

 

Waiting for Ph3lan to come say there's a system in place for this too, and it's all working as intended.


Edited by Spurtung, 11 August 2017 - 03:13 PM.


CaptainThunderWalker #3 Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:03 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18937 battles
  • 1,297
  • Member since:
    09-25-2015

If anyone really thought Wargaming would remove all climbs, they were naive.

 

There are just too many for WG to remove all in one patch.



STRAPATONI #4 Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:08 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 20436 battles
  • 183
  • [-GODS] -GODS
  • Member since:
    09-05-2013
:facepalm:

Press2ForSkill #5 Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:14 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14593 battles
  • 689
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
  • Member since:
    06-01-2016

View PostCaptainThunderWalker, on 11 August 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

If anyone really thought Wargaming would remove all climbs, they were naive.

 

There are just too many for WG to remove all in one patch.

 

All climbs? I didn't expect that, but all climbs on SPECIFIC maps i did expect, why fix half the climbs on Arctic region but not the other half? I don't really think it is that hard to actually do, just look at El Halluf on test server, those rocks they put up looks like Minecraft garbage, could swear they used MS Paint to add those blocks.. oh i mean "rocks". 

Spurtung #6 Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:15 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60081 battles
  • 5,474
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostCaptainThunderWalker, on 11 August 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

If anyone really thought Wargaming would remove all climbs, they were naive.

 

There are just too many for WG to remove all in one patch.

 

That's not the real problem here. The problem is that they listed 9 maps that would have the climbs removed and Mines and Arctic Region are 2 of them...

Edited by Spurtung, 11 August 2017 - 03:19 PM.


Spurtung #7 Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:17 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60081 battles
  • 5,474
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostPress2ForSkill, on 11 August 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

just look at El Halluf on test server, those rocks they put up looks like Minecraft garbage, could swear they used MS Paint to add those blocks.. oh i mean "rocks". 

Now now, we all know HD rocks are being worked on, soon you'll see them blocking those places instead of those pesky MS Paint ones.


Edited by Spurtung, 11 August 2017 - 03:19 PM.


CmdRatScabies #8 Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:19 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 35178 battles
  • 3,541
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015
I'd imagine it's a quick and dirty fix ahead of the HD maps that are delayed.  Not quite sure why they couldn't just put up invisible walls all round the climb though.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:46 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62779 battles
  • 14,388
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Well I've never seen anyone dominate using that hill on mines anyway. So not to fuzzed about that. Then again there are channels on youtube. That's soul purpose is to find spots like these. Even if WG removed every single one that we know of, and razed the hill side on scared valley. It would take them 2 seconds to find a new way up there anyway.

 

But are we 100% sure all the map changes are on CT? But considering 100% of their map team is working on HD maps. I was amazed to hear they would take time to sort this out. But it seems they only had the one guy do a quick fix on it without testing it.


Edited by Balc0ra, 11 August 2017 - 03:47 PM.


Bora_BOOM #10 Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:58 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 20204 battles
  • 2,494
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

I had a stomach for few first minutes.

Multiple climbs to a single position.

FFS hire this guy to show you how and where if you can't see yourself. 

What to say... 

WG is insolent, ignorant or stupid.


Edited by Bora_BOOM, 11 August 2017 - 04:06 PM.


Dr_ownape #11 Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:27 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 40613 battles
  • 5,143
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013
Oh Jesus and now we will have another 75,000 nabs trying this in randoms come 9.20 :facepalm:

Press2ForSkill #12 Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:14 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14593 battles
  • 689
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
  • Member since:
    06-01-2016

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 11 August 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

I'd imagine it's a quick and dirty fix ahead of the HD maps that are delayed.  Not quite sure why they couldn't just put up invisible walls all round the climb though.

 

Yeah, i doubt invisible walls are that hard.... 

View PostBalc0ra, on 11 August 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

Well I've never seen anyone dominate using that hill on mines anyway. So not to fuzzed about that. Then again there are channels on youtube. That's soul purpose is to find spots like these. Even if WG removed every single one that we know of, and razed the hill side on scared valley. It would take them 2 seconds to find a new way up there anyway.

 

But are we 100% sure all the map changes are on CT? But considering 100% of their map team is working on HD maps. I was amazed to hear they would take time to sort this out. But it seems they only had the one guy do a quick fix on it without testing it.

 

I've actually seen a lot of people dominate those hills on Mines, including me, I did it with T100lt on test server a few months ago and did 5.6k dmg quite fast. And actually if WG just had the damn brain to put invisible walls everywhere... then 0 climbs are possible quite easily.. I wouldn't really be surprised if WG actually make mistakes in their HD maps and there will be completely new climbs.

 



CaptainThunderWalker #13 Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:19 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18937 battles
  • 1,297
  • Member since:
    09-25-2015
Me neither. I wouldn't be surprised if there are even sillier climbs in the HD maps. Maybe one even more broken than the one on Sacred Valley? :trollface:

WindSplitter1 #14 Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:51 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14289 battles
  • 1,718
  • [RYNO] RYNO
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostPress2ForSkill, on 11 August 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

I'm not trying to promote this guy's channel but I thought climbing on Mines, Sacred Valley, Arctic Region.. was removed?? WG Can't even remove really common climbs... 

https://www.youtube....h?v=FFG6jV0dv50

Seems like the only thing WG can do consistently is doing stupid crap.

 

Well... Looks that they press 2 for skill and then some.

 

Then again, invisible walls are really the wisest choice here? I would think adding a large pile of rocks or a visible obstacle to be more deterrent, since people would know from the start they would not be able to traverse large obstacles, no matter how much power their vehicle had.

 

I mean if THIS is as much of a problem that people portray, we should let players know that this is no longer possible from the get go, than risking having a tank going astray and bump into a place they cannot longer go to and be useless and exposed.



Bordhaw #15 Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:18 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9559 battles
  • 1,200
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostBalc0ra, on 11 August 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

Well I've never seen anyone dominate using that hill on mines anyway. So not to fuzzed about that. Then again there are channels on youtube. That's soul purpose is to find spots like these. Even if WG removed every single one that we know of, and razed the hill side on scared valley. It would take them 2 seconds to find a new way up there anyway.

 

But are we 100% sure all the map changes are on CT? But considering 100% of their map team is working on HD maps. I was amazed to hear they would take time to sort this out. But it seems they only had the one guy do a quick fix on it without testing it.

 

You can get mods that show you exactly where and how to climb to these points. 

Homer_J #16 Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:21 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27045 battles
  • 27,667
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostPress2ForSkill, on 11 August 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

I'm not trying to promote this guy's channel but I thought climbing on Mines, Sacred Valley, Arctic Region.. was removed?? 

 

Did they say that all climbs were removed or did they say some had been removed?



Press2ForSkill #17 Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:11 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14593 battles
  • 689
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
  • Member since:
    06-01-2016

View PostHomer_J, on 11 August 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

 

Did they say that all climbs were removed or did they say some had been removed?

 

Their direct words were: 

Removed the boosts (a.k.a. ‘mountaingoating’ spots) on following maps:

Pretty sure any normal person will understand that sentence as "all" the boosts, "removed the boosts" sounds more like  all boosts .. not just certain



CmdRatScabies #18 Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:28 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 35178 battles
  • 3,541
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostPress2ForSkill, on 11 August 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

 

Their direct words were:

Removed the boosts (a.k.a. ‘mountaingoating’ spots) on following maps:

Pretty sure any normal person will understand that sentence as "all" the boosts, "removed the boosts" sounds more like  all boosts .. not just certain

 

Patch notes say - "Made terrain-related changes for difficult-to-access areas on the following maps:"  Where does your quote come from?

Shivvering #19 Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:40 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28313 battles
  • 246
  • Member since:
    09-24-2011

Luckily some guy has made a video and put it on YouTube showing WG exactly where they need to fix.

 

Oh that's right, information provided by the community goes straight in the recycle bin....



Swoopie #20 Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:07 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 27994 battles
  • 2,526
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    01-15-2011

View PostPress2ForSkill, on 11 August 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

 

Their direct words were: 

Removed the boosts (a.k.a. ‘mountaingoating’ spots) on following maps:

Pretty sure any normal person will understand that sentence as "all" the boosts, "removed the boosts" sounds more like  all boosts .. not just certain

 

That is only a translation from a non official news source. Iirc the original wotexpress article never mentioned that "all boosts" were removed but it was translated a such.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users