Crew training on prem tanks - this should be fixed

crew skills retraining crew skills premium tanks

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Pantzer #1 Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20270 battles

It was first today that I actually noticed this on my Cromwell B so bear with me here if I come across a bit clueless.

I have had my Cromwell B for some time now but it is first about two weeks ago that I started to go down the British medium line. I have managed to get one full skill and about half way through the second one.

I trained my crew from the Covenantor to the Cromwell with credits and after a few battles in my new tank, I went to the Cromwell B to get them up to 100% on their primary again.

But this is where the issue is. It prioritizes the skills on the crew and not how far they are on their primary... This means that my commander or gunner won't get to 100% as fast as possible in the primary as they should. I know they do get extra XP because of the prem tank but I would rather prioritize my commander over my radio operator in this case. It would be nice if I could choose between letting all the XP go to the primary or to the crew skills.

cromwell crew.JPGcromwell crew eksampel.JPG

(click on them to make them bigger)

as you can see the radio operator that is 36% on his second skills is prioritizes over the commander even though he is on 88% on is primary and the radio operator is on 92%

My loader is on 79% (need to retrain his skills but the point still stands) but his primary is not accelerated because it prioritizes skills over primary and that doesn't really make sense.

It would be nice if this could be changed or maybe an option to choose who I want to prioritize and if I want to train his primary or his skills.

Am I just slow because I haven't noticed before? What do you think about this?

Have a great day! :)

Edited by Pantzer, 11 August 2017 - 08:59 PM.

Pantzer #2 Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20270 battles
ugh pictures didn't work but now they do.

Edited by Pantzer, 11 August 2017 - 09:01 PM.

Chopchopchop #3 Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52090 battles
  • [IDI0T] IDI0T

I think the whole crews skills and training need a update to more near to WOWP and WOWS.

We have no skills for arty crews, most of them should have a set arty skills.

Max crew XP and skills and the extra XP pool (WOWS).

Update on how retraining works, Why should I have to paid for crews to forget their skill on a tank? Shouldn't it work more like once you paid for a member to learn to use a tank, he/she should retain that tank's training. 

Balc0ra #4 Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:06 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67348 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

So you want the other skills to go up. But not the base one? Why would you want your crew on sub 100% anyway if you had to choose? Slower reloads, and less view range is not gonna help for long vs other Cromwell's. Just so you can get your repair or snap shot up. As on that tank, every 0.01 seconds on the reload and every 1m of view range counts late game.

If you want their base XP to go back to 100% again. The cheap way is to drop their skills so the 2nd skill XP goes into the base one. As it don't take that long to get the second skill back up a few % to get those points back.

Then again.... it's based on a business model after all... to get your base % up with gold.

Edited by Balc0ra, 12 August 2017 - 12:10 AM.

Chopchopchop #5 Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52090 battles
  • [IDI0T] IDI0T

View PostBalc0ra, on 11 August 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

So you want the other skills to go up. But not the base one? Why would you want your crew on sub 100% anyway if you had to choose? Slower reloads, and less view range is not gonna help for long vs other Cromwell's. Just so you can get your repair or snap shot up. As on that tank, every 0.01 seconds on the reload and every 1m of view range counts late game.

If you want their base XP to go back to 100% again. The cheap way is to drop their skills so the 2nd skill XP goes into the base one. As it don't take that long to get the second skill back up a few % to get those points back.

Then again.... it's based on a business model after all... to get your base % up with gold.

I think you totally missing his point.

The extra (2X) XP always go to the crew has lowermost XP.  In this case , I think OP paid credit for the crews that need to changed to a tank. which will drop their primary tank skill to 90%.  At 90 % primary tank skill which mean you don't get to use their other skills.  Not all player use gold to retrain crews. 

Spurtung #6 Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:25 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 65929 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostPantzer, on 11 August 2017 - 09:56 PM, said:

It prioritizes the skills on the crew and not how far they are on their primary... 

It prioritizes the crew member with the least total XP. That's all.

And then each crew member will first get to 100% on primary and only then start training skills. I'm absolutely sure you won't see the skill's % move before the primary is at 100%.

Edited by Spurtung, 12 August 2017 - 12:30 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users