RNG is not random at all – losing streaks, strange non-penetrations etc explained

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
270 replies to this topic

SABAOTH #261 Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30287 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostAliceUnchained, on 14 August 2017 - 09:22 PM, said:

Still better than the madness last week though, even on the bike the 'breeze' felt like the damp, hot, humidity of a sauna... As for the popcorn, can't help you there. Once moderators get rid of this sad case Vanezza, hopefully thread will pick up again. Perhaps Dacheimflug will thrill us with his enlightened brilliance.

I am just happy I did not go to camp in the woods considering what happened. (Not in WoT, where wood camping is a must)

AliceUnchained #262 Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 34986 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostSABAOTH, on 14 August 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

I am just happy I did not go to camp in the woods considering what happened. (Not in WoT, where wood camping is a must)

One should never go camp in the woods... Any (low budget) horror movie will tell you that. Then again it also clearly shows to stay away from blondes, and we all know how much we tend to adhere to that advise... 

Small potential anecdote: Looking at the word 'blondes' it just seemed off somehow, so decided to verify using 'the internet' (read: Google is your friend). For whatever reason I decided to use 'One blonde two blondes?' as search term. I am absolutely sure that for a split second it showed some result pointing at a movie, but now all I have is pages full of 'blondes' jokes. Yet I'm still not convinced it's the correct spelling, and none of the blondes seem capable of helping.

I did come across some amusing jokes through images.

Attached Files

• Attached File   467a2abaae7138cc83593bcbf3b6a0ef--two-blondes-disneyland.jpg   27.12K
  • Attached File   98586256926e47ab523057e2b61a265a--humor-funny-lmfao-hilarious.jpg   28.55K

CmdRatScabies #263 Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26685 battles

View Postbrumbarr, on 14 August 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

If they rig rng it should be really easy to figure out. Just note down all dmg rolls and if it doesnt form a bell curve around the avg then they are prob rigging it. ( with big enough sample and not in the margin of error)

Hypothetically, they might take you through periods of + and - that would even out over a large sample size but take you on a roller coaster.

View PostMerton15, on 14 August 2017 - 08:13 PM, said:

But then it would cease to be random! Just think of the memory needed to track and record the millions of RNG rolls daily and assign them to individual players. The usual problem with conspiracy theories is even if they could, why would they?

Wouldn't have to store all that - just a single +/- for the player to make his aim god like or noob like and maybe a "do it until" condition.

I think they could technically do it but it comes down to whether they have a motive to do it, whether it's legal (people have paid to play & not to be manipulated), whether they might get caught and what the fallout might be.  A disgruntled Ex employee could land them in a lot of trouble so I'd assume that the risks would be too great to manipulate it.

Velvet_Underground #264 Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:40 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22243 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 14 August 2017 - 10:09 PM, said:

I think they could technically do it but it comes down to whether they have a motive to do it, whether it's legal (people have paid to play & not to be manipulated), whether they might get caught and what the fallout might be.  A disgruntled Ex employee could land them in a lot of trouble so I'd assume that the risks would be too great to manipulate it.

Personally I think it's astonishing that people would believe a company with the track record (pretty much excluding arty from random games for some time, breaking platoon invites etc) of WG would be able to integrate such an algorythm into the game without any malfunctions that apparently can't be proven despite it being as obvious as claimed time and time again.

BravelyRanAway #265 Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:48 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 21131 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostVelvet_Underground, on 14 August 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

Personally I think it's astonishing that people would believe a company with the track record (pretty much excluding arty from random games for some time, breaking platoon invites etc) of WG would be able to integrate such an algorythm into the game without any malfunctions that apparently can't be proven despite it being as obvious as claimed time and time again.

....and also by a company who many call too lazy to fix maps, tanks, RNG, arty, derps, MM, servers,(add your own gripe here) etc......have invested lots of time and money on an algorithm to rig everyone's WR to make it look random....when random will do the same job for free.

_EXODUZ_ #266 Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26080 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postjabster, on 14 August 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

Honestly I'm interested in these links.

Pass my resume to the HR please. I wanna be an employee too. :coin:

brumbarr #267 Posted Yesterday, 12:16 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 33205 battles

View Postjabster, on 14 August 2017 - 08:50 PM, said:

Why would rig the game in a training room?

Idk, why would they rig the game in a random battle?

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 14 August 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

Hypothetically, they might take you through periods of + and - that would even out over a large sample size but take you on a roller coaster.

That should be visible aswell in the data though.

Mike_Mckay #268 Posted Yesterday, 04:35 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6448 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
Well to be fair even without the "balancing" you wouldn't expect to get 0% or 100% players anyway even if constantly AFK

What people seem to miss is that if you have a mixed team in terms of skill, knowledge and understanding of the mechanics of the game their impact on the outcome wont be 1/15th each. The lowest skilled player or one in an extremely crappy underpowered tank might contribute 1/100th or less towards their teams chance of winning, especially as newish players and those learning the game will tend to need to spend silver faster than they make it on upgrades and new tanks, will be less likely to have premium equipment, especially at lower tiers where it makes little to no sense to have 1800 silver in equipment plus cammo on a tank you will have finished with in a matter of games and chances are their crews have zero skills having unlocked the next tank often before even recompleting mastery

Whereas the better players who still play lower tiers will generally have better equipment, cammo, more premium ammo and well trained crews at 100% and a fully upgraded or premium vehicle

So they might contribute almost any percentage to the outcome of the game especially if everyone else on their team and the enemy team is a red player for both tank and overall with a sub 5k games total when they are a purple both overall and for the current vehicle with 30k games under their belt and they could be as much as 99% of the outcome of which team will win

So my point is that someone who is only likely to contribute 1-2% to the possible outcome can pretty much play their best game ever OR not even touch the mouse and its unlikely to impact on the outcome of the game whatsoever

And even if every single player on both teams was "equally" matched then each player would still only have a 6.7% statistical impact on the game

there is random variables like which tanks go where, whether pushing forwards or setting up a defensive line overlooking a kill zone works best for a given map and tank mixture which in itself will vary depending on which tanks go where as the same team swapping places can influence how a flank plays and so on as well as the games where one team has 2/3rds of the healthpool of the other meaning the weaker team effectively is having to kill 20 tanks to win, not just 15 etc etc

But as far as players and the vehicle they are in is concerned, the impact any single player has on a game is far from even and in games where one or both teams have a few purples, several greens, some yellows and then the rest of the team are reds those reds are almost a trivial irrelevance on the outcome of the game even if they comprise half of the team in almost every instance

jabster #269 Posted Yesterday, 05:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 11935 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postbrumbarr, on 14 August 2017 - 11:16 PM, said:

Idk, why would they rig the game in a random battle?

I can see reasons why they would but I think the real problem is doing it in such a way that it makes a difference while not being that easy to detect. If you can only modify someone's win-rate by 1% what's the point of doing it?

brumbarr #270 Posted Yesterday, 08:07 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 33205 battles

View Postjabster, on 15 August 2017 - 05:25 AM, said:

I can see reasons why they would but I think the real problem is doing it in such a way that it makes a difference while not being that easy to detect. If you can only modify someone's win-rate by 1% what's the point of doing it?

Assuming they rig the game to force people to have 50% wr. Then all that does is show that good players are even better and 49% or less are even worse players. 

Jbnn #271 Posted Yesterday, 08:56 AM

Lance-corporal

• 2837 battles

Hello everybody.

This thread started from RNG rigged mechanics, then passed MM, players stats, Wg ¨employees¨ and who knows what else...

Whats the conclusion after these 14 pages of posting?  There were a lot of answers of different questions, however we haven´t conclude anything of all these conversations. :facepalm:

This thread is pointless and as most of you already know, the main topic of it has already been discussed several times, time ago. It has never had an answer that would solve it.

I will close this thread and all this future rage that will come with it.

Have a nice day :great:

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users