tajj7 #1 Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 24849 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

POPULAR

Super test information has come out about changes to the British heavy tanks. -

https://thedailybounce.net/2017/08/11/supertest-uk-heavy-tanks-changes/

We all know the Caernarvon needs some love, and we know changes have been coming at the top (where is Chieftain?) (also the tier 5-7 as well) but why change the stand out tank of the line? 

The Conqueror is fine, it's got a great gun, a good turret and decent mobility.  Even in the Maus/Type 5 spam era it;s been performing fine -

Posted Image

Sure noobs don't do great in it, but the Type 4, the VKB etc. are noob friendly heavies on tier 9, we don't need every tank the same, the Conqueror is a tank that rewards a player that knows what he's doing. But it seems that WG want to make it noob proof -

Block Quote

The British HT-9 Conqueror was used as a benchmark when changing the top branch. It’ll have significantly increased armor – making it a balanced heavy tank, one that’s able to take a punch and skillfully return it. As a trade-off, the improved armor will be balanced by a decrease in mobility and rate of fire during Supertest.

So it loses some of it's better traits of good mobility and DPM (hope gun handling is not touched as that would ruin it even more).  Conqueror has more than enough armour to work with, I just don't get why a balanced and fun tank, that is different to the other tier 9 heavies is getting changed. 

Leave it alone, re-balance the line that is fine, but the Conqueror doesn't need changing, 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'. 

Derethim #2 Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17135 battles
I agree, conqueror shouldn't be changed, it's pretty good atm.

Edited by Derethim, 12 August 2017 - 02:51 PM.

_Anarchistic_ #3 Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36715 battles
not a buff worth a loss to the rate of fire, don't bother wg

Velvet_Underground #4 Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 22243 battles
This is WG we are talking about, heavy tanks that actually need skill to perform decent are totally overrated:trollface:

brumbarr #5 Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

yeah, no need to change the conqueror, we dotn need to make more tanks the same, the britsh heavy tank  is unique , its all about gunhandling and dpm.

Reducing that is just making it less unique and just more of the same and makes it jsut an m103.

Ankara_Aatu #6 Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33043 battles
  • [RIOD] RIOD
I don't get it either. Why change something that nobody complains about and that is perfectly balanced in light of performance statistics?

roachex #7 Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20261 battles
  • [RIGA] RIGA
Changes to Conq are strange. It is a good tank.

Though Caern change is also strange. I am not sure, why everyone wants 32 pounder baddly. The gun handling was Caern strenght. Just increase DPM, ammo count and tweak ammo cost.

Well its good that they are doing something. And prob FV215b as free tank is the compensation for all those players who made grind for the gun.

DaSmith #8 Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:47 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 45997 battles
Because WG has been sucking at balancing their game since the beginning. 
Also this game is tailored for noobs, not good players.

Gkirmathal #9 Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8125 battles

Yep, armor power creep, is seems WG's balance department newest and current meta.

But that what you get when they refuse (for years) to address the actual 'causes' (several, one of which is part of their monitization) and focus their fixes on fixing the consequences.

A DPM increase would have suited most reworks more so than just blatantly over buffing turret armors left and right because...insert above reasoning.

suvicze #10 Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19297 battles
  • [CS-TB] CS-TB

Honestly, that's one of a few tanks in the game that doesnt need any real changes. Turret was already strong enough especially with some gun depression at work. It has 300mm+ effective in most places and weak parts are hard to hit at distance. There is no need to add some armor especially when you compensate it with reduction of what was good about it, namely dpm and mobility. Just add that super conqueror or whatever there were talks about and leave this one alone and maybe increase its top speed a bit when it doest have that much armor except turret.

The balancing department just cant make more things right than wrong. If we are seriously lucky one good thing is balanced with one bad like in this case... They make good changes to caern which needed some love for years but screw it with conqueror. Sure it is not hit that hard in terms of dpm but without seeing the exact values of changed armor and mobility it is very hard to judge. Seriously why touch a conqueror no one really complained about when there is dozens of tanks which need it much more.

HundeWurst #11 Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67756 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Well as I said in my thread about these changes: Wargaming is implementing what failed so hard year back on their Sandbox, only now they try to soften the blow and introduce this step by step.

Yet they did not realize that the complaints back then were more than valid.

So what will WoT look like in the future: A shallow boring game perfect for the casual player but nothing for the hardcore players.

But boring shallow game will die sooner than later. Perfect example would be Diablo III - designed to please the casual player. Today the Diablo II LoD community is bigger that the Diablo III RoS community. Diablo II was for hardcore player, D3 for casuals.

Edited by WunderWurst, 12 August 2017 - 04:25 PM.

CmdRatScabies #12 Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35894 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Most likely stats show it doesn't get played that much & they want to make the line more popular.  Could have turned up it's good points though and retained it's distinctiveness.

MR_FIAT #13 Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19005 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_

Conqueror is my absolute favourite tank in the game, seeing these changes makes my heart bleed. WG once again displaying their inconpetence. Its such a nicely balanced tank that is fun to play yet requires some brains to get good games. 

please for the love of god leave the conqueror alone. 

AngelofAwe #14 Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:14 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 39030 battles
Conq was one of my favorite HTs. Up there with E-75 back when I played that one. Never bought the T10 though.

JocMeister #15 Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21882 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

WG at its best. Take something that is actually nice and works well and no one wants changed and ruin it. Then ignore the things people actually want changed like Types and Maus. Because vodka. 

Sad news indeed. I love the Conq and I really don´t want to trade DPM and speed for armor just because bad players cant play it in its current state. 

kripton69 #16 Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1208 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Come on guys these changes are totally necessary. A heavy tank that takes skill to play is just not good and the way to make the game more fun and diverse is to buff the armor of everything so nobody is going to feel bad that they grinded a tank they heard was great only to find out that it only works for good players. Imagine the disappointment of not only grinding a tank all the way up to tier 9, but having to also learn how to play. 

I think when a player with 30k battles and 47% win rate puts in the effort of botting grinding himself a tier 9 he definitely needs to get a tank he is going to enjoy, so every tank needs to be similar and forgiving. It would be unfair and racist to tell him that he should do research before starting tank lines to know what to expect, or that not every tank plays like Defender. If the Defender playing style doesn't work in some heavy tank, the tank is bad and urgently needs to be buffed or reworked. This is how it is.

Good changes as always WG. The game needs more [edited]sitting hulldown behind their impenetrable turret armor, fully aimed and killing all the interaction from the game. How about a new TD line next? Oh right, we're getting the new Foch which effectively gives the camper bots back their WT E100 that they can sit in base with and ruin the game for anyone who is trying to play and leaves the base. That's another great addition. There's definitely too much skill involved in the game and there's still some interaction between the player going on. These severe problems need to be addressed.

Edited by kripton69, 12 August 2017 - 04:35 PM.

Quintuss #17 Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25545 battles
  • [DIVA_] DIVA_

Seems WG found a new way to get cash fast: fixing up old lines.

Just look at it: Foch line was forgotten for ages, now? tons of people grind it. And all it took for WG was a small change to the guns and some armour values AND to opffer a free tierX reward tank - probably 1-2 days work.

Now they want to do the same to British HTs and to some extend to the turetted-TDs.....

Frankly after the "lets make E5 OP to people grind it", lets make Maus OP so people grind it",.... the logical evolution. I guess with China-TDs now and a Polnish tree by end of the year WG is settled for a while but i wonder what old, less popular line will be made "grind-worthy" by march next year. Maybe STB1? O430?

CptBarney #18 Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:47 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18996 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

This is about as useful as changing the E75, pointless and doesn't make and sense whatsoever.

im guessing they are going to buff the line so that people can spend money playing the next poorly balanced tank line.

oh well.

CptBarney #19 Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:50 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18996 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostQuintuss, on 12 August 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

Seems WG found a new way to get cash fast: fixing up old lines.

Just look at it: Foch line was forgotten for ages, now? tons of people grind it. And all it took for WG was a small change to the guns and some armour values AND to opffer a free tierX reward tank - probably 1-2 days work.

Now they want to do the same to British HTs and to some extend to the turetted-TDs.....

Frankly after the "lets make E5 OP to people grind it", lets make Maus OP so people grind it",.... the logical evolution. I guess with China-TDs now and a Polnish tree by end of the year WG is settled for a while but i wonder what old, less popular line will be made "grind-worthy" by march next year. Maybe STB1? O430?

Probably the 121 since that has lots of underpowered or obsolete tanks.

roachex #20 Posted 12 August 2017 - 04:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20261 battles
  • [RIGA] RIGA
British HT are all about best GH gun coupled with great DPM on decent platform.

Caern has poor DPM, but it is not a bad tank. If it had best in class DPM for that pea shoote.. But it has the same as IS-3..

Conq gun is epic. It points and shoots. Hesh round is usefull as well, despite stupid cost per shell.

FV215b has its awkwardness, but it keeps the great gun. Ammo count, engine tinderbox, rear mounted turret coupled with weak side scrape potential are downsides. Well pure fantasy as well.

There is no need to make every single tank line in WoT as noob friendly. There are plenty of them already.

But as I said in previous post - a free tier X tank as a compensation for having a chance to rebalance a game is ok.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users