YouTube streamers are contributing to deterioration of gameplay quality

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

JOHN_HOLLYWOOD #61 Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:03 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13394 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
where exactly was the connection between lack of teamplay awareness and premium ammo usage? I must have missed it

Mike_Mckay #62 Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9594 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostJOHN_HOLLYWOOD, on 16 August 2017 - 02:03 AM, said:

where exactly was the connection between lack of teamplay awareness and premium ammo usage? I must have missed it

​I did wonder that too, as some of the worst offenders for shooting nothing but skill rounds are unicums and rerolls working on MOEs or padding their stats by seal clubbing at lower tiers at higher tiers you have the premium "premiums" and super buffed tanks to contend with that cant even be penned WITH skill rounds by many of the tanks they can meet on the battle field

JOHN_HOLLYWOOD #63 Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:34 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13394 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostMike_Mckay, on 16 August 2017 - 03:08 AM, said:

​I did wonder that too, as some of the worst offenders for shooting nothing but skill rounds are unicums and rerolls working on MOEs or padding their stats by seal clubbing at lower tiers at higher tiers you have the premium "premiums" and super buffed tanks to contend with that cant even be penned WITH skill rounds by many of the tanks they can meet on the battle field

dudewhat

Kurat666 #64 Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:00 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26347 battles
  • [BB4] BB4

I am not agree with OP. Streamers do good videos about playing your tank. There can not be any teamplay, if the team member do not have a basic understanding how this game works.

There are times when a bad player helps me, there are times I help them too. But most of the times teamplay comes to their mind after yoloing or going to idiotic position and when they die.

I always try to play for the team, because that makes winning easier, but in most of the games I have to carry my ar*e myself.

signal11th #65 Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:01 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31097 battles
  • [TTFE] TTFE

View PostZelar_Wicked, on 14 August 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

If wargaming could add an counter for goldammo so its clearly shown in stats if you rely on gold for your WN8/PR. Adjustments to PR and WN8 calculations for goldusage and the spam will stop.

What difference is that going to make, gold ammo doesn't make you a good player being a good player does.

thestaggy #66 Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12057 battles

Teamplay in WoT?

The game where saying ''please don't go to the beach'' gets met with ''stfu''.

Baldrickk #67 Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27394 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 12 August 2017 - 11:19 PM, said:

1) They do occasionall show teamplay orientated games

2) To show teamplay orientated games, you need people to send in replays of such games. How often do you think that happens?

Your IS-3 friend from Sunday comes to mind.

He didn't have a great game (between 700 and 800 dmg iirc) but he took the time to help out a teammate who had flipped their tank onto the side - without said teammate having to spam the help key - and that action won the game.

AND it's on YouTube!

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 14 August 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

Agreed. If people want to see team play, a better bet would be to tune into someone's stream, especially if they are platooning. There will be moments of teamwork among those games. 

You mean like charging down a T95 because even though you are a one-shot after it removed over half your HP because even if you die it'll allow your team to get in close and be able to flank it?

Or sacrificing potential damage done to keep said T95 tracked in order for the first player to be able to take it out?

Also on YouTube!

... Yeah, I probably will keep coming back to that battle. 

It's not often I'm laughing out loud on a loss.

lord_chipmonk #68 Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:18 PM

General

• Player
  • 30556 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostBaldrickk, on 16 August 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

Your IS-3 friend from Sunday comes to mind.

He didn't have a great game (between 700 and 800 dmg iirc) but he took the time to help out a teammate who had flipped their tank onto the side - without said teammate having to spam the help key - and that action won the game.

AND it's on YouTube!

You mean like charging down a T95 because even though you are a one-shot after it removed over half your HP because even if you die it'll allow your team to get in close and be able to flank it?

Or sacrificing potential damage done to keep said T95 tracked in order for the first player to be able to take it out?

Also on YouTube!

... Yeah, I probably will keep coming back to that battle. 

It's not often I'm laughing out loud on a loss.

Exactly! But those glorious little moments may not have made it to a special video on their own. If you watcha stream, you get the good, bad and the deeply mediocre all at once. And it is here that most of the teamwork content can be found IMO. 

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users