• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

lord_chipmonk #21 Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:28 PM

General

• Player
  • 29671 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View Postjaptank, on 13 August 2017 - 06:54 PM, said:

Reason why I often watch Zefeka's twitch channel: no premium ammo.

French streamer though.

Foch is well known for not using premium and (although much smaller) I don't tend to use prem. either. So, such people do exist. 

Hedgehog1963 #22 Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:47 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47246 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View PostMatcorr, on 13 August 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

Using it on paper tanks is pointless and when streamers do it they encourage other people to do it too. I've always said there needs to be a limit on how much gold ammo people can take into battles just to force them to actually aim and learn weakspots. AKA learning to play the game instead of just pointing and clicking.

And using premium ammo on enemy tanks you can't penetrate otherwise?

You obviously haven't been paying much attention to the way the game has gone lately.  Ridiculous armour at Tier VIII? You can bet your high horse that I'll hit "2" when I choose to.

If you don't like premium ammo, don't ever use any.  That's your choice.  Don't try to impose that on others.

WotPizza #23 Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:51 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19408 battles
  • [OLDG] OLDG
Are they?

Yeah if I want to spam gold its up to me. Sometimes its a must. So kv5 and others should not be able to fire gold??? Hahaha

Sir_Bad #24 Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 41542 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

People complaining about the lack of teamwork in random battles. Meanwhile, they have a moral problem with using premium ammo, so that they intentionally sabotage their own team by not using their respective tanks to their full potential, when engaging heavily armored enemy tanks.

Really makes you wonder....:hiding:

signal11th #25 Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:59 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 30868 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
You lot need to stop worrying and learn to love the gold.

IncandescentGerbil #26 Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26533 battles
My main problem with QB is his modpack. His perennial claim that XVM "enriches the game" when for many it does nothing but toxify it, leaves a bad taste. And it's the obsession with WN8, incidentally, which is one of the drivers for excessive gold usage.

speedphlux #27 Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38369 battles
  • [GEN] GEN
Point is, this game is mostly played by solo players. And you first need to learn how to take care of yourself and your own tank before making a break into team/clan orientated stuff. Noone is going to babysit you in a clan wars game and tell you how to angle your tank, or in which dip you need to try play hull-down from, or teach you how to aim and penetrate tanks. So I don't see it as "streamers or youtubers ruining the game". I see it as - git gud or gtfo scrub :trollface: Whenever there happens to be a good teamplay game in WoT, it's usually one of those where everyone does X amount of damage, plus-minus 20% and that's it. Those games are not entertaining to watch. As reference, trying to watch FAME playing Stronkholds or Advances or whateverdafaq it's called nowdays, is simply educational from tactical point of view and has nothing to do with flair, determination and composure. It has only class of outstaging your opponents or watching them fight the map features and campers.
Teamplay is rarely entertaining. 1 in a 1000 at most.

OneSock #28 Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27955 battles
  • [FUB4R] FUB4R

I do agree to an extent. There is some focus from the YouTubers on high damage games and epic medals, most of which are solo.

However, you do also have to blame the game to an extent, there is no real reward for teamwork except crucial contribution platoon medal.

Jigabachi #29 Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17242 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postbrumbarr, on 13 August 2017 - 07:26 PM, said:

Congrats, you arent using a gamemechanic because you find it moraly wrong. 

You find yourself so great for  takign the moral high ground in an online game. Congrats.

Now let me farm you next time I see you.

That doesn't have much to do with a moral highground, some people just don't like to use broken gamemechanics. It's about the very reason why we play games. Some like to play games WITH other people, some prefer to play games AGAINST other people.

And in this game it's kinda weird. We mostly agree that statspadding, sealclubbing and alike are "low", but excessively using obvious balancebreaking gamemechanics is ok somehow. 

Yes, yes, I know - "but overbuffed heavies and p2w premiums". When talking about premammospam in general and the tendency of people to press 2 when they might ding a shot, that's just a bad excuse. Nobody complains about it being used against those few tanks - it's about the rest.

That's like discussing the problems of arty and trying to excuse everything with "but hulldown tanks".

SlyMeerkat #30 Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13165 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
I really enjoy watching these known streamers go about their day in tanks and help to teach us how to play and such but my concern with these said streamers is also, that because they have such a huge follow base that anything they hate on or say than rubs off on the viewers and they too follow like sheep and that is what causes the hate and such i feel..... For example arty, i have seen so many streamers whine and complain about them just because they want to protect their stats or dislike them in general and say what ever but because people with no brains just follow without their own proper and general opinions that is where all the hate comes from and its that which annoys me the most.

Edited by SlyMeerkat, 14 August 2017 - 10:56 AM.

1ucky #31 Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 64929 battles

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 14 August 2017 - 10:53 AM, said:

I really enjoy watching these known streamers go about their day in tanks and help to teach us how to play and such but my concern with these said streamers is also, that because they have such a huge follow base that anything they hate on or say than rubs off on the viewers and they too follow like sheep and that is what causes the hate and such i feel..... For example arty, i have seen so many streamers whine and complain about them just because they want to protect their stats or dislike them in general and say what ever but because people with no brains just follow without their own proper and general opinions that is where all the hate comes from and its that which annoys me the most.

Exactly.

More exposure => more responsibility.

But who's to say if they're doing it on purpose or not?

(They do have the right to push whatever opinion they like, I guess...)

And the manipulated masses don't care about being manipulated anyway.

Edited by 1ucky, 14 August 2017 - 11:15 AM.

Zelar_Wicked #32 Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 38932 battles
  • [SV2] SV2

View Postsignal11th, on 14 August 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

If wargaming could add an counter for goldammo so its clearly shown in stats if you rely on gold for your WN8/PR. Adjustments to PR and WN8 calculations for goldusage and the spam will stop.

DurtiArry #33 Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:34 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 50082 battles
  • [ANG3L] ANG3L

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 14 August 2017 - 08:12 AM, said:

My main problem with QB is his modpack. His perennial claim that XVM "enriches the game" when for many the few on this forum it does nothing but toxify it, leaves a bad taste. And it's the obsession with WN8, incidentally, which is one of the drivers for excessive gold usage.

There, fixed a misconception for you.

Matcorr #34 Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21011 battles

View PostHedgehog1963, on 13 August 2017 - 11:47 PM, said:

And using premium ammo on enemy tanks you can't penetrate otherwise?

You obviously haven't been paying much attention to the way the game has gone lately.  Ridiculous armour at Tier VIII? You can bet your high horse that I'll hit "2" when I choose to.

If you don't like premium ammo, don't ever use any.  That's your choice.  Don't try to impose that on others.

You seem to be ignoring the words "paper armour"

Kozzy #35 Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35849 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 14 August 2017 - 08:12 AM, said:

My main problem with QB is his modpack. His perennial claim that XVM "enriches the game" when for many it does nothing but toxify it, leaves a bad taste. And it's the obsession with WN8, incidentally, which is one of the drivers for excessive gold usage.

I think you, and others maybe over thinking this.  When I use premium ammo it's because standard ammo is the poorer choice in the current circumstance.  When I am facing an enemy my goal is (usually) to kill him as quick as I can and then to move onto the next target to do the same and so on.  For me, it is NEVER to worry about stats of any kind (other than by extension, win rate) I just want to win the battle I am in and to have been a part of the reason why my team won i.e. not be carried.

Sir_Bad #36 Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 41542 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostZelar_Wicked, on 14 August 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

If wargaming could add an counter for goldammo so its clearly shown in stats if you rely on gold for your WN8/PR. Adjustments to PR and WN8 calculations for goldusage and the spam will stop.

That means, I can pad a second metric by spamming even more gold? Sweet.

Hedgehog1963 #37 Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47246 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View PostMatcorr, on 14 August 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

You seem to be ignoring the words "paper armour"

Irrelevant.  Never understood why people even care about thin armour and premium rounds. Shooter will have loaded premium rounds to penetrate heavily armoured targets.  Soft skinned target pops up what do you expect them to do?  Not shoot? 

I shouldn't even have to explain this.

Jigabachi #38 Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17242 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHedgehog1963, on 14 August 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

I shouldn't even have to explain this.

True. I couldn't care less if someone wastes silver to penetrate one of my paper tanks, but there aren't only paper tanks and overbuffed heavies. There are many tanks in between who get completely wrecked by premammo.

And if a toptier heavy tank spams premammo from the start to the end of the match that rarely is an accident.

tajj7 #39 Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 22032 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

For the average WOT player 'teamwork' is you coming to suicide to save them, or going to the stupid sides of the map or a flank alone because they did it, or suicide scouting for them whilst they camp in base, or going to the city 'because you are a heavy' even though you are in a 50b or gong forward to spot when you are one shot and their TD is still full HP. 

Basically most players don't know what teamwork means, so what good would highlighting it to them. Most WOT players are scrubs, terrible at the game, but think they are the best and only held back because of cheats, bad MM, premium ammo, platoons, stat-padders, OP tanks, etc.  

You can't reason with or teach scrubs, they basically have the ego of Cristiano Ronaldo but the ability of a sunday league player. 

I had a game over the weekend on Erlenberg. I said to the team at the start, don't cross the river, stick together and work from our side, wait for the enemy to come, that is how you need to play this map. 5 tanks cross the river right into the whole enemy team and die. It is then my fault they died because I didn't suicide with them, our T-10, when we are 5 tanks down then yolos across the other side into a camp of about 5 tank and dies, he then accuses me of not being a 'teamplayer'. 

In another game I'm working the mid area of Fishermans bay shooting into the town in my T34, I've been there for a good 2 minutes firing in the same spot and then out of nowhere a Skorpion just parks in front of me as I fire so I team damage him. Of course he instantly shoots me, and then when I say it's his fault he Tk's me and says I'm not a teamplayer. 

That is your 'team play' WOTs and what your average player thinks teamwork is, they think it's you throwing away your HP and tank to help them. 

Ceeb #40 Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:39 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 25798 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View Postsignal11th, on 14 August 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

And the transition is complete.... you are a Dinger 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users