• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Ph3lan #41 Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:32 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 17104 battles

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 12 August 2017 - 11:19 PM, said:

1) They do occasionall show teamplay orientated games

2) To show teamplay orientated games, you need people to send in replays of such games. How often do you think that happens?

As someone who has a fairly large YouTube channel and has done a lot of gameplay videos based on replays the above is completely true. Also, don't forget that content creators are doing videos to satisfy their audiences, it is about supply and demand, and the audience wants to see flashy high damage games. A lot of streamers showcase matches showing nice team play in a seperate playlis/series or as part of their instructional/training videos. 

That being said I am not sure that these flashy videos will have a negative effect on the community and even if they do have a negative effect, ultimately it is offset by the positive effect of teaching people how to play better, which positions  to take, etc.

IncandescentGerbil #42 Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28656 battles

View PostDurtiArry, on 14 August 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

There, fixed a misconception for you.

Don't fix things that don't need fixing.

lord_chipmonk #43 Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:08 PM

General

• Player
  • 30556 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostPh3lan, on 14 August 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

As someone who has a fairly large YouTube channel and has done a lot of gameplay videos based on replays the above is completely true. Also, don't forget that content creators are doing videos to satisfy their audiences, it is about supply and demand, and the audience wants to see flashy high damage games. A lot of streamers showcase matches showing nice team play in a seperate playlis/series or as part of their instructional/training videos. 

That being said I am not sure that these flashy videos will have a negative effect on the community and even if they do have a negative effect, ultimately it is offset by the positive effect of teaching people how to play better, which positions  to take, etc.

Agreed. If people want to see team play, a better bet would be to tune into someone's stream, especially if they are platooning. There will be moments of teamwork among those games. 

tajj7 #44 Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 22555 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Let's also be honest, a team that all does it's job, works together and comfortably wins does not make for very interesting viewing or memorable results.

Who's going to send in a 15-5, where everyone on their teams does a decent amount of damage and the top player get like 3k damage? The best youtube replays are where people are fighting against the odds, some crazy stuff happens and there is a lot bad play that allows that to happen. 

RedlineRailgunningRemmel #45 Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40647 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Use minimap and just support where needed, its that simple.

Don't be sitting in a TD in the back when team is pushing. Get into drawrange of enemies.

Don't be sitting in a full hp TD and be afraid to use your HP to gain the upper hand.

Don't be a chicken let low hp tanks go around a corner first to push.

Shield but don't block others.

You see an autoloader going for a teammate? Track and block him. God how many times i drive away behind my so called teammates and they just let them finish me off.

Don't be braindead and look at your surroundings and at the map after each shot.

Junglist_ #46 Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33040 battles

View Posttajj7, on 14 August 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

Let's also be honest, a team that all does it's job, works together and comfortably wins does not make for very interesting viewing or memorable results.

Who's going to send in a 15-5, where everyone on their teams does a decent amount of damage and the top player get like 3k damage? The best youtube replays are where people are fighting against the odds, some crazy stuff happens and there is a lot bad play that allows that to happen. 

This. Exactly what I think. As if the said streamers care about showing teamwork and promoting teamplay. No and why would they. Obviously some crazy high dmg game with a click bait title is gonna generate more views. Why bother doing some teamplay video like tajj said or like QB used to do those tactics videos when it just takes too much effort for the same amount of views.

Matcorr #47 Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21750 battles

View PostHedgehog1963, on 14 August 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

Irrelevant.  Never understood why people even care about thin armour and premium rounds. Shooter will have loaded premium rounds to penetrate heavily armoured targets.  Soft skinned target pops up what do you expect them to do?  Not shoot? 

I shouldn't even have to explain this.

You like ignoring words don't you, "spamming gold" which means continuously firing gold.

Slind #48 Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46830 battles
Yeah, team play. When your top tier heavy tanks are 80% of the time some 42% WR cows whose only job in the battle is provide the enemy with XP and credits, team work doesn't exist. Ban bad players from high tiers, lets say tiers above 5 and we can start talking about team work. And anyone who just fails battle after battle should be ignored on this topic too. First learn to play, then cry when some unicum wins the game alone and doesn't even try to support the team.

Hedgehog1963 #49 Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:18 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47778 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View PostMatcorr, on 14 August 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

You like ignoring words don't you, "spamming gold" which means continuously firing gold.

Well if you're going to criticise me for not even acknowledging your tired and worn out clichés we're not going to get along.  

wsatnutter #50 Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:21 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 23060 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

that's my wot career finished

I just liked a post by Qpranger

Hedgehog1963 #51 Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:36 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 47778 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View Postwsatnutter, on 14 August 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

You can unlike it you know...

Villan1 #52 Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21626 battles
  • [PZUNI] PZUNI

View Postwsatnutter, on 14 August 2017 - 06:21 PM, said:

Oh my... You're lost to the madness. 

@ the actual discussion: It's not really a debate that premium ammo can have a bad effect and can break the balance of a tank. (Say T-54 spamming HEAT means it's good gun handling and DPM aren't balanced out by low pen anymore.) The problem is that currently because of the several broken overarmoured heavies - OI, Maus, etc.. - you have to use it. premium ammo needs to be removed/reworked at the same time as overarmoured tanks are rebalanced, otherwise the broken heavies become unkillable. And we all know how slow WG is to nerf OP heavies...

Matcorr #53 Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21750 battles

View PostHedgehog1963, on 14 August 2017 - 05:18 PM, said:

Well if you're going to criticise me for not even acknowledging your tired and worn out clichés we're not going to get along.  

We're never going to get along anyway since your idea of arguing is just ignoring what the other person says.

qpranger #54 Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27228 battles

We need more replays like this: 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #55 Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:59 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36103 battles
  • [_MVR_] _MVR_

View Posttajj7, on 14 August 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

And in all honesty i prefer the concept of team play more.

Solo, quartet and an orchestra. Which one sounds better???

Mike_Mckay #56 Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:03 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9594 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
I have to disagree with this, yeah theres those replays, but so what?

Who would watch a football highlights show that didn't show goals, just mediocre series of passing the ball from player to player? What stands out is things that are above average, average is, well, "average"

But aside from those they also do countless guides, reviews, weakspot guides, map guides and even in many of the gungho battles there will be commentary about teamplay

But objectively how many people actually play as a team-except in platoons? And its not something that only plagues lower skilled players the better players are far more likely to use lightly armoured team mates as cover, push them out into the line of fire or stop them reversing and join lemming trains that grind to a halt because of just a couple of enemy tanks that might scratch the paint on their pixel tank leaving the other flanks completely exposed because some will be more focused on their WN8 and others will be working on MOEs and I doubt their going to be watching or learning from the videos on youtube half as much as the people trying to learn the game anyway. So it cant really be blamed on youtube vids, if anything its got more to do with things like WN8 and how MOEs work

But as I cant really think of a way to alter that and still have them worth doing or serve much of a purpose its just something that will just have to be lived with instead of trying to blame it on irrelevancies like youtube vids

MudSlug #57 Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:05 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6246 battles
If you want to see team play watch Dakillzor on twitch.

brumbarr #58 Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:10 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35168 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostMudSlug, on 15 August 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

If you want to see team play watch Dakillzor on twitch.

Not sure that helps, after that you will never want to teamplay again.

MudSlug #59 Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:21 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6246 battles

View Postbrumbarr, on 15 August 2017 - 07:10 AM, said:

Not sure that helps, after that you will never want to teamplay again.

The original poster bemoaned the lack of team play.  A tier X stronghold match with FAME is the pinnacle of team play in WOT.

brumbarr #60 Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:32 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35168 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostMudSlug, on 15 August 2017 - 08:21 AM, said:

The original poster bemoaned the lack of team play.  A tier X stronghold match with FAME is the pinnacle of team play in WOT.

I didnt deny that, just pointed out that after watching that stream teamplay wont look so fun anymore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users