Do you HONESTLY believe that the in-game report system works?

Suiciding Blocking Insults etc.

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you believe in the in-game report system? (190 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you use the in-game reporting system?

1. Never (12 votes [6.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.32%

2. When I see something that I REALLY cannot abide (90 votes [47.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.37%

3. Voted Every day I use many of my reports (40 votes [21.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

4. Voted Can I have more reports, please? (48 votes [25.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.26%

Do you believe that the in-game reporting system works?

1. Voted No. I think it is utterly pointless (67 votes [35.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.26%

2. Voted No, but it makes me feel better (70 votes [36.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.84%

3. Yes. But it will take a LOT of reports to have an effect (41 votes [21.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.58%

4. Yes. If sufficient players report the activity. (11 votes [5.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.79%

5. I am going to get everyone banned for something (1 vote [0.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.53%

Do you know anyone that has been banned using this system?

1. Voted Yes: Chat ban (32 votes [14.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.41%

2. Yes: for Unsportsmanlike behaviour (26 votes [11.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.71%

3. Yes: for Inaction/bot (8 votes [3.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.60%

4. Yes: other reason (10 votes [4.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.50%

5. A friend of a friend I know through another clan got banned (6 votes [2.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

6. Voted No. Not one. (140 votes [63.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.06%

Do you believe that WG should look at more seriously at certain problems?

1. Voted Yes: AFKing, Suiciding and persistent interferance with another player's experience (138 votes [52.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.47%

2. Voted Yes: More extreme insults of a racist or Nazi nature, for example (88 votes [33.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.46%

3. I really don't let it bother me. (26 votes [9.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.89%

4. No. The system is fine as it is. (11 votes [4.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.18%

Do you think that WG actually cares?

1. Yes. Definitely (7 votes [3.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.68%

2. I'd like to think so (27 votes [14.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.21%

3. Voted Somehow, I doubt it. (67 votes [35.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.26%

4. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. ROTFPMSL (89 votes [46.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.84%

Vote Hide poll

PowJay #1 Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:54 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35628 battles

I have used the customer support ticket system a handful of times over the last few years. Like many forumites I believe that they don't even read half of what is written. This gives a bad impression when a reasonable player with a reasonable attitude creates a ticket with a genuine issue and gets fobbed off with a copy/paste answer.

I have created a ticket regarding extreme Nazi insults referring to certain events that happened many years ago. It did not affect me, personally, one jot, but I felt that it was serious enough to be reported. Fair play to WG, they appeared to take it seriously, but the copy/paste answer that I received did not give me much hope that they had really read my report.

I created a ticket last year to highlight a T29 in a tier VIII battle parking in a corner and claiming "I like to watch". WG CS replied that players are "free to play as they choose".

This morning, a tier V medium declared "I don't play +2" and drove off a cliff. We won that match- but only just. I reported him but I was going to create a ticket. Of course, there is the tick-box that tells you that CS will take NO notice whatsoever of tickets regarding "Unsportsmanlike conduct" as well as insults and a few others.

So, what do you REALLY think? Do you HONESTLY believe that the in-game reporting system really works, or is it a way for WG to fob you off and make you feel better about having reported something?

Take note. When I had a genuine problem with a Premium tank code, WG support sorted it immediately and I cannot fault them. I also understand- especially from the forums- that CS must get bombarded with utter crap from many players so I forgive them. THIS poll refers to the alternative to CS: the IN-GAME reporting system.

Thanks.

Edited by PowJay, 13 August 2017 - 10:56 AM.

Jigabachi #2 Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:59 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The reportsystem is entirely useless (When did we have the last thread where a random moron complains about getting banned for being a moron?) and the support is only there to deal with technical and financial problems.

gunslingerXXX #3 Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:02 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 11187 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

I don't think it works. Does make me feel a little better to report a player for all 4 reasons if he annoys me. Or if it's arty and I get shot by them.

I'm quite toxic (no racism or diseses) in chat myself and have never got a chat ban...

PowJay #4 Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:03 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35628 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 13 August 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

The reportsystem is entirely useless (When did we have the last thread where a random moron complains about getting banned for being a moron?) and the support is only there to deal with technical and financial problems.

I'd like to think that is not the case, but you make a very valid argument. We do have complaints about chat-bans now and again, but they often appear to be from the "General chat" channel.

Considering how frequently we see threads from the team-killers, it is quite true that we don't see those from players banned for general bad behaviour.

SABAOTH #5 Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:12 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36802 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

Is just a gate keeper to blow off some steam.

I fear the day the try to make it work better, they will sure screw it up :B:coin:

Cannes76 #6 Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:26 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 67734 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE
The only people I know of who have been banned through the report system have been because of targeted harrasment from enemy clans during stronghold and company battles and such. So yeah the system is utterly useless.

Igor_BL #7 Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40287 battles
  • [GX] GX

I got chat ban several times... Almost all were deserved. But last one was not...
I really tracked what i wrote, and didnt insult not even one player. (ii hope we dont count word "noob" as insult)
But still got 3 day ban. I conclude that i annoy people a lot. And that is probably true. Cause i just enjoy arguing on and on.
could even argue this.

then again, i know a lot of players that are way more toxic then me, and use far worse insults when pissed of... and didnt get ban, not even once.
I played a lot in platoon with 2-3 players with those... properties... must be i catch a bullet for those too.

laulaur #8 Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46878 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED

I was chat banned 2 times. I don't know if i got banned because of in-game reports or some guy/guys made ticket to WG - they said that are going to do that.

Indeed i was damn salty/angry and bullied them quite well.:izmena:

*edited*

*edited* i was called 'toxic' in a game just for saying ''omfg''. Like really guys, is a [edited] online PvP game, people get angry sometimes. If you are so sensible and need your 'safe space' so bad just turn off chat...

Edited by Daxeno, 14 August 2017 - 06:50 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

gunslingerXXX #9 Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:38 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 11187 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

:teethhappy:

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:40 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29884 battles
You aren't going to get a personalised response from the in-game reporting system, it simply gets fed into the 'bad behavior' metric for a player and until they exceed that threshold no-one will even look at them. Given the volume of idiots spamming complaints for dumb reasons like 'hit me with arty' it's the only way they can do it.

DracheimFlug #11 Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:41 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 9095 battles

View Postlaulaur, on 13 August 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

I was chat banned 2 times. I don't know if i got banned because of in-game reports or some guy/guys made ticket to WG - they said that are going to do that.

Indeed i was damn salty/angry and bullied them quite well.:izmena:

*edited*

*edited* i was called 'toxic' in a game just for saying ''omfg''. Like really guys, is a [edited] online PvP game, people get angry sometimes. If you are so sensible and need your 'safe space' so bad just turn off chat...

Ah, another confused person. Snowflakes are just frozen water and have no gender. However, if they were sentient, why would they not have equal rights? :B

PowJay #12 Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:49 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35628 battles

View PostIgor_BL, on 13 August 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

I got chat ban several times... Almost all were deserved. But last one was not...
I really tracked what i wrote, and didnt insult not even one player. (ii hope we dont count word "noob" as insult)
But still got 3 day ban. I conclude that i annoy people a lot. And that is probably true. Cause i just enjoy arguing on and on.
could even argue this.

then again, i know a lot of players that are way more toxic then me, and use far worse insults when pissed of... and didnt get ban, not even once.
I played a lot in platoon with 2-3 players with those... properties... must be i catch a bullet for those too.

I get annoyed often. I don't comment without reason- such as "OMG, noob Pz IIIJ" at the start of battle just because he has 10 Wn8, but I will point out what a tool he is when he starts trying to dictate tactics to the team and then calls everyone "idiot" because he YOLOd to his death without support.

I tend to make more ambiguous comments. Some of my favourites are "Impressive. It is amazing how quick this team folded". "GJ. No, really. GJ" and "Good plan, Do you have any more great ideas?"

Occasionally I will write something quite salty and I have to say that after five years I am surprised that I haven't received a chat-ban even once. I NEVER use racist, sexist, LGBTG or disease insults. N E V E R, but I cannot abide players who don't even try and noob, idiot, tomato, tool, and "go play with your Lego" are frequent words and phrases in my vocabulary.

I would like to point out that this is balanced by the fact that I do actually contact players in-game and after battle to offer a "GJ" and "Thanks" when they have truly carried a game: especially when I have done well and appreciate the win.

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 13 August 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

You aren't going to get a personalised response from the in-game reporting system, it simply gets fed into the 'bad behavior' metric for a player and until they exceed that threshold no-one will even look at them. Given the volume of idiots spamming complaints for dumb reasons like 'hit me with arty' it's the only way they can do it.

I am not expecting one. I have referred to the fact that Customer Support often seem to give copy and paste answers that suggest that they haven't truly digested the context of the report. Much like the forums. Often this answer refers to using the in-game reports.

Igor_BL #13 Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40287 battles
  • [GX] GX

powjay, I would say we have same chat-style.

never insulted low-skill players or xvm-reasons... or nations, nicknames, etc... or insulting mothers, sisters, etc..
GJ is my favourite insult :D

Chuwt #14 Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27288 battles
Trouble is, I think, so many people send invalid reports (I don't like the tank somebody is playing, I don't like artillery, I don't like the way you play) that it swamps the system, such as it is. When somebody is genuinely cheating, or really unbearable, it generates at best a few responses, but somebody who has been disconnected by no fault of their own gets waves of them, it seems.

For an automatic system to work, it needs far more attention to detail..for example, it should be possible for an automatic system to actually detect whether somebody has been disconnected or is actually a bot (something I think that is, in fact, rare).

At times it seems harsh..I have been sanctioned several times for "inaction in battle" after 2-3 loss of connection in an hour or two, and turned blue after somebody shot me twice and tried to push me into the water, ending with him drowning instead (and I never shoot team mates on purpose, nor do I ever start anything, so it is not as if i am a serial offender), but most of the time the automatic system seems to do very little.

laulaur #15 Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46878 battles
  • [FUSED] FUSED

View PostDracheimFlug, on 13 August 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

Ah, another confused person. Snowflakes are just frozen water and have no gender. However, if they were sentient, why would they not have equal rights? :B

*edited* 

In russian army a woman can't be a tanker, because the law prohibits women lifting weight over 25kg (law applies to private sector jobs as well). Loading the ammo in tank would require lifting more than that, and all crew participate in that process.

*edited*

P.S.: I never use disease or family insults. In my opinion those who wish you/your family get cancer are just plain retarded morons, that have no idea about life in general. I despise that kind of people.

If you want to insult someone because that person is stupid, then stick at just insulting their ''intellect''

Or if you like diseases so much, you can wish them to get ''hemorrhoids'', it is a embarrassing non lethal disease:trollface:

Edited by Jbnn, 19 August 2017 - 07:58 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Chopchopchop #16 Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52080 battles
  • [IDI0T] IDI0T

View PostPowJay, on 13 August 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

I have used the customer support ticket system a handful of times over the last few years. Like many forumites I believe that they don't even read half of what is written. This gives a bad impression when a reasonable player with a reasonable attitude creates a ticket with a genuine issue and gets fobbed off with a copy/paste answer.

I have created a ticket regarding extreme Nazi insults referring to certain events that happened many years ago. It did not affect me, personally, one jot, but I felt that it was serious enough to be reported. Fair play to WG, they appeared to take it seriously, but the copy/paste answer that I received did not give me much hope that they had really read my report.

I created a ticket last year to highlight a T29 in a tier VIII battle parking in a corner and claiming "I like to watch". WG CS replied that players are "free to play as they choose".

This morning, a tier V medium declared "I don't play +2" and drove off a cliff. We won that match- but only just. I reported him but I was going to create a ticket. Of course, there is the tick-box that tells you that CS will take NO notice whatsoever of tickets regarding "Unsportsmanlike conduct" as well as insults and a few others.

So, what do you REALLY think? Do you HONESTLY believe that the in-game reporting system really works, or is it a way for WG to fob you off and make you feel better about having reported something?

Take note. When I had a genuine problem with a Premium tank code, WG support sorted it immediately and I cannot fault them. I also understand- especially from the forums- that CS must get bombarded with utter crap from many players so I forgive them. THIS poll refers to the alternative to CS: the IN-GAME reporting system.

Thanks.

This is what I think happen.

When you issue a ticket, you have to fill in what the ticket is about.  Now, there must be a software filler to take out blanks, spams, insults etc. Next there is a set lines of answers for each type of areas, ie if it is about other bad players, the usually line is " I am sorry....etc... that is why our for ticket is always seem not have answer you and like a copy and paste. All they need now is a time delay to email us back, usually 24 hours, weekend a little longer.  The so call answered tickets then closed. Us, we have 2 chooses, one re-open and ask the same questions again, or given-up because the time was taken and what mattered might not matter anymore. That waiting time would have cool a person down or "can't be bother anymore" .   Of course if it is about money they will get to look at by their staffs right away.  Thank about it, they must have deal will tons, and tons useless tickets.   :)

Bennie182 #17 Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54297 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

View PostPowJay, on 13 August 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

Here's some nice contradiction from WG. Their rules say that everyone has to do their best to make the team win. Not playing=instant report.

There a certain boundaries when it's about "free to play as they choose". As long as you support the team, it's fine, but a lot of players don't do this and just ruin it for others (and I see enough examples where people ruin it on purpose for others, just to farm more damage themselves). Don't pick a team game when you only care about yourself! Yes I know you can't expect everyone to play as a pro on your team, but the least they can do is try to support the team, instead of camping in the back etc.

Shivvering #18 Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:31 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29746 battles

Yes, I 100% to believe that the In game reporting system works.

No, I don't believe anyone at WG looks at a single report.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29884 battles
The reason for the copy-paste auto-answer is because the majority of tickets are just useless ranting by an angry player who wants to think his pointless complaint is being dealt with. Ignoring those filters out a lot of the crap and those players don't have a real issue that needs addressing so they won't pursue it. Players that actually do have a valid issue will pursue it and if you follow up you'll get a proper response.

malachi6 #20 Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:42 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 50249 battles
Friday a guy was on this forum complaining of being chat banned, twice.  No end people come here whining about sanctions they can easily avoid or accept as part of how they play.  The system is very far from perfect but it does work.

Also tagged with Suiciding, Blocking, Insults, etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users