Suggestion: Randomizer in Garage

garage random battle surprise

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Randomizer in garage (14 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

An asset to the game?

1. yes (4 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. no (10 votes [71.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

Vote Hide poll

Frantique #1 Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:00 AM

Private

• Player
  • 48109 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

Hello Fellow Tankers and devs,

As i have played many battles already, I sometimes stare in my garage turning my tanks around not knowing what to play next. I wouldnt say bored, but tired of grinding tech trees

What I would like to see is a randomizer for picking tanks. You hit Battle, and MM picks any tank in your garage. Filters available for tiers and classes.

How do you guys feel about it, or maybe this has been tested already?

Jigabachi #2 Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17297 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
If I don't know what tank to play, it's a good sign that I should quit WoT and do something else.
Besides that, I fear that it would make the game more... "complicated" for special players.

"Lulululz, my arty dead, I thought them game choose hevy tenk!"

Edited by Jigabachi, 13 August 2017 - 11:05 AM.

SABAOTH #3 Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:04 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 31589 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostFrantique, on 13 August 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

As i have played many battles already, I sometimes stare in my garage turning my tanks around not knowing what to play next. I wouldnt say bored, but tired of grinding tech trees

What I would like to see is a randomizer for picking tanks. You hit Battle, and MM picks any tank in your garage. Filters available for tiers and classes.

Not good, it would mess things up and some tanks share crews.

You can do it manually however, just click the menu on the carousel, scroll and click randomly, then press battle with the first tank you get selected on the list. :girl:

Testa_Rossa #4 Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:12 AM

Private

• Player
  • 962 battles

View PostFrantique, on 13 August 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

The game doesn't need any more options for allowing players to disengage their brain. 

PowJay #5 Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:40 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31316 battles

I take on board what the OP is saying, as it affects me sometimes.

There was a time when it was grind, grind, grind. At the lower tiers there was always something due to be researched- module or tank- so that I could move onwards and upwards. Now I have everything researched up to tier VI, and higher on many lines, grinds can take days and days for a module, and weeks- even months- for the next tank.

Although I did generally try to play daily doubles on every tank, I simply don't bother any longer. The fact that I struggle in higher tiers has put me off grinding tanks like crazy. I am more comfortable in tiers V to VII, with a smattering of tier III and IV tanks that really perform for me.

I presently have to grind the Tiger P again, for the new HT that matters so much to me that I don't even know what it is called. I played the AMX 13 90 for the Lorraine 40T and then had to turn off "Accelerate crew training" to grind the AMX 30 and now I have to grind it again if I am to get the AMX 13 105 (which I don't really want either).

I am playing the upgraded Centurion I... and not enjoying it much... and I have the E50- which I pretty much suck in as well. I have a number of new-to-me vehicles which are ALL waiting for half-price crew training. Some of them are even FULLY upgraded with Free XP, but I can't play them yet as I am not spending that much Gold if I can help it. So that leaves them in "Reserve".

So- what is my motivation to play?

1. I have recently been working toward getting 6th sense on all of my Commanders. All that is left now is the Pz I C, (recently re-purchased) the Chi-Nu (94%), the Hellcat, Achilles and KV-3. I have been playing the two TDs with some enjoyment, but the other two less so.

2. Missions. I have pretty much given up playing specifically for the T-55a, but I thought I'd try for the Heavy Tank no VI. Now that I have got to "The best of the best" and obtained not a single experience point from at least 20 battles, I have all but completely given up.

3. Fun. LOL. That's a good one. I decide to pick one of my favourite keeper tanks that carries hard and watch as I am bottom tier to a team of amoebas.

I am so masochistic that I am even looking to play some of my underperforming tanks to get them down to 50% and sell them. I can't even do that. This makes sense when you realise that I have not bought a single new Chinese tank in about two years and if I sell the Type 58, then I will have a good crew to put in a new tank. But the darned thing keeps winning (just about)

A random tank selector would not be the worst idea ever, but I can live without it.

Pansenmann #6 Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31544 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
roll 1d10 for the nation and again for the tier.

Also tagged with garage, random, battle, surprise

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users