Jump to content


Type 61 and STI getting buffed/changed soon?

type 61 balance

  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

sir_wizington #1 Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:23 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 26845 battles
  • 144
  • [11RHS] 11RHS
  • Member since:
    07-14-2013

A few weeks ago I got the Type 61 and i like it however it does not have a HD model yet like most high tier tanks do with the exception of the: ST-I, BC25t, FV215b, Type 61.

 

The FV215b is soon to be replaced by a Conqueror with some sheet metal welded to it that will probably suck just as much as the FV215b does/did and the BC25t is getting a rework next patch BOTH of them are finally getting HD models.

 

Anyone think that the Type 61 and STI might get a rework soon to due to their HD models being withheld.

 

I own both the STI and the Type, I think the STI is well balanced but the Type could do with a bit of an all round buff seeing as it isn't the best at anything and tanks like the AMX30/leo-pta are just clearly better than it. Id suggest a  47 -> 55 speed limit buff, and better gun soft stats because so many shots just fly of in random directions (Still seems more accurate the the cent 7/1 though even with its 0.28 accuracy) 

 

Compare the amx30 to the Type

 

The AMX30 Is faster by far, has much higher DPM, better armour especially on the turret, it's just better than the Type61. All the Type61 has over it is -2 better depression and 10 more pen with standard ammo.

 

Anyone know weather these two tanks are getting changed, ive heard stuff about the STI and IS4 being swapped around and i like it but what about the Type 61 which just seems to be the tank that time forgot.

 

 



HundeWurst #2 Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:02 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 70196 battles
  • 4,379
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS
  • Member since:
    02-06-2012

Type 61 most likely will be rebalanced when the STB-1 gets its HD rework and most likely also the new suspension.

 

ST-1 most likely will switch places with the IS4 and the be replaced by the ST-2, which features a twin barrle gun - a new mechanic Wargaming has been promising for ages now.

 



brumbarr #3 Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:08 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostWunderWurst, on 13 August 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

Type 61 most likely will be rebalanced when the STB-1 gets its HD rework and most likely also the new suspension.

 

ST-1 most likely will switch places with the IS4 and the be replaced by the ST-2, which features a twin barrle gun - a new mechanic Wargaming has been promising for ages now.

 

 

yeah, I think the same, they do seem to syncronise rewords with HD models. The fact that both STB1 and type61 arent HD is a pretty good indication they are planning something with that line.

 

ST1 IS4 switch has already been rumoured to happen.



Hammerhead20 #4 Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:24 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25370 battles
  • 1,834
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

I really hope that someday Type 61 will receive some "adjustments" + new and "shiny" HD model...

 

Now it looks really ugly...



WindSplitter1 #5 Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:37 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 16600 battles
  • 2,571
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016
I'd really like to see the twin gun concept in action.

Bennie182 #6 Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:21 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54882 battles
  • 1,773
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View PostWindSplitter1, on 13 August 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

I'd really like to see the twin gun concept in action.

I only think of other things when you speak of "twins" XD



WindSplitter1 #7 Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:31 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 16600 battles
  • 2,571
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostBennie182, on 13 August 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

I only think of other things when you speak of "twins" XD

 

You mean like these two?


Spartiat777 #8 Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:04 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35984 battles
  • 1,553
  • Member since:
    01-01-2016

View PostWindSplitter1, on 13 August 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

 

You mean like these two?

 

I guess something like that: post #6 on http://forum.worldof...is-4-with-st-i/

ExclamationMark #9 Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:14 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16775 battles
  • 3,727
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013

IMO the ST-I is fine. One of the better T9 heavies, especially with that dank turret, great gun performance, -8 depression so you actually get to use that dank turret, and decent mobility. Excellent sidescraper.

 

Type 61 is also fine, only thing I felt that it needed a buff in was ammo cap.



sir_wizington #10 Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:31 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 26845 battles
  • 144
  • [11RHS] 11RHS
  • Member since:
    07-14-2013

View PostExclamationMark, on 13 August 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

IMO the ST-I is fine. One of the better T9 heavies, especially with that dank turret, great gun performance, -8 depression so you actually get to use that dank turret, ans decent mobility. Excellent sidescraper.

 

Type 61 is also fine, only thing I felt that it needed a buff in was ammo cap.

Decent mobility? STI? really? watching this thing drive around is like watching an obese old woman trying to ride a bike up a hill



TankkiPoju #11 Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:41 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20993 battles
  • 6,417
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

ST-I has decent mobility for the amount of armor it has. It still gets around.

 

It's also pretty well balanced IMHO, because the lower plate is cheese and gun handling is terrible even by Russian standards.

 

IMHO one the sluggish high tier heavies that is actually fun to play, as the armor not only requires skill to make it work but also rewards good play.

 



ZlatanArKung #12 Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:43 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,118
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
Well. Type 61 and STB-1 will probably get the T9/T10 medium change aswell.
Which is something like.

Good/almost impenetrable turret armour.
Lowered Penetration.
Better dpm.
Lower accuracy.



Hammerhead20 #13 Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:01 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25370 battles
  • 1,834
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View PostZlatanArKung, on 15 August 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

Well. Type 61 and STB-1 will probably get the T9/T10 medium change aswell.
Which is something like.

Good/almost impenetrable turret armour.
Lowered Penetration.
Better dpm.
Lower accuracy.
 

 

I hope they won't "nerf" penetration of the 105 mm cannon even more...

 

258 mm of penetation is not that much, but also not too low.



Cobra6 #14 Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:38 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16343 battles
  • 15,991
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

ST-1 is fine and the Type 61 is a great tank as it is now. Tier for tier it's actually better than the STB-1 to be honest mostly because the gun is not full potato (for no valid reason) like on the STB-1.

 

The Japanese medium line is a unique line that blends elements from two other nations:

-It has the gun depression and DPM of the American tanks but none of the turret armour.

-It has the gun handling/accuracy and penetration of the Germans.

 

This is why this line appealed a lot to me and really the only one in the line that needs buffing is the gun handling on the STB-1. The STA-1 and Type 61 are good solid tanks that perform well and I know because I ground through the whole line without skipping any tank or using free XP.

 

In the end I managed:

Type 61, 162 battles until elite, 67,90% win ratio and 2380 wn8 average.

STA-1, 125 battles until elite, 60% win ratio and 2469 wn8 average.

Chi-Ri, 141 battles until elite, 52% win ratio and 1928 wn8 average.   => This guy just needs a penetration buff!

Chi-To, 49 battles until elite, 53% win ratio and 2686 wn8 average

 

 

Cobra6


Edited by Cobra6, 15 August 2017 - 01:53 PM.


brumbarr #15 Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:09 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostCobra6, on 15 August 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

ST-1 is fine and the Type 61 is a great tank as it is now. Tier for tier it's actually better than the STB-1 to be honest mostly because the gun is not full potato (for no valid reason) like on the STB-1.

 

The Japanese medium line is a unique line that blends elements from two other nations:

-It has the gun depression and DPM of the American tanks but none of the turret armour.

-It has the gun handling/accuracy and penetration of the Germans.

 

This is why this line appealed a lot to me and really the only one in the line that needs buffing is the gun handling on the STB-1. The STA-1 and Type 61 are good solid tanks that perform well and I know because I ground through the whole line without skipping any tank or using free XP.

 

In the end I managed:

Type 61, 162 battles until elite, 67,90% win ratio and 2380 wn8 average.

STA-1, 125 battles until elite, 60% win ratio and 2469 wn8 average.

Chi-Ri, 141 battles until elite, 52% win ratio and 1928 wn8 average.   => This guy just needs a penetration buff!

Chi-To, 49 battles until elite, 53% win ratio and 2686 wn8 average

 

 

Cobra6

Tbh, the type61 was fine, but one thing really anoyed me, it was too slow. 48kph for a big tank with no armor just feels so slow, they could atleast give it the speed of the sta2.

 



Cobra6 #16 Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:44 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16343 battles
  • 15,991
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View Postbrumbarr, on 15 August 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

Tbh, the type61 was fine, but one thing really anoyed me, it was too slow. 48kph for a big tank with no armor just feels so slow, they could atleast give it the speed of the sta2.

 

 

Hmmmm that's peculiar, I've never felt that it was slow but I guess giving it a slight speed boost would not make it overpowered.

 

Cobra 6



lord_chipmonk #17 Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:51 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34409 battles
  • 10,259
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

Am I the only one who think s the Type has basically no redeeming features?

 

Sluggish

No armour (with added top hat that everyone can shoot if you use your gun depression)

Potato thrower for a gun



ExclamationMark #18 Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:20 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16775 battles
  • 3,727
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013

View Postsir_wizington, on 15 August 2017 - 08:31 AM, said:

Decent mobility? STI? really? watching this thing drive around is like watching an obese old woman trying to ride a bike up a hill

 

For a tank with that armour, yes it has decent mobility.

Cobra6 #19 Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:34 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16343 battles
  • 15,991
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 15 August 2017 - 01:51 PM, said:

Am I the only one who think s the Type has basically no redeeming features?

 

Sluggish

No armour (with added top hat that everyone can shoot if you use your gun depression)

Potato thrower for a gun

 

It has great gun depression.

258mm pen *AND* APCR ammo as standard (so better shell velocity).

Quite nice gun handling.

Nice DPM.

 

It doesn't excel in any area particularly but it's a solid all-rounder with a very nice (and usable) gun.

 

Cobra 6



lord_chipmonk #20 Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:04 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34409 battles
  • 10,259
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

View PostCobra6, on 15 August 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

It has great gun depression.

 

Yep, but not that special at the tier. 

 

258mm pen *AND* APCR ammo as standard (so better shell velocity).

 

Yes, but so do the Centurion, PTA, Skoda, AMX 30, you get the drift. 

 

Quite nice gun handling.

 

Not, it isn't. In fact, of the tanks I mentioned above, only the Centurion has worse gun handling. 

 

Nice DPM.

 

Again, DPM is alright, but not spellbinding. With the buffs to the Leopard and Centurion, the DOM disparity has shrunk. 

 

It doesn't excel in any area particularly but it's a solid all-rounder with a very nice (and usable) gun.

 

Not a fan of the gun I must say. 

 







Also tagged with type 61, balance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users