Jump to content


T26E5 matchmaking


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

timon2611 #1 Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:03 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 12737 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    01-03-2014

Hello,

 

This is probably my first post on this forum, but I've been playing WoT for some time.

 

Recently I've purchased premium tank T26E5.

I would like to refrain from discussing how strong tank is and how to play it and focus on something that actually makes me really mad about this tank - matchmaking.

 

Let me describe problem with this tank and note that I've played at least 100 battles in it.

While I am playing this tank I can hardly ever meet other tier battles than X and IX.

I was doing some notes.

After lunching the game I am usually playing different tanks to collect stars on them and grind these that I am still grinding. Sometimes I do play a premium tank to earn some more money.

During such afternoon my tank T26E5 meets tier X always. And I mean always!

 

Now we have something that theoretically will protect me from facing nonstop higher tiers when I am playing WoT.

So I've lunched the game and decided to play few games in a row only in this tank.

 

I met tier X tanks 3 games in a row, then I played one game at tier IX or VIII and again I will meet another 3 tier X fights.

So basically from my 100 games I don't think I've played more than 10 games on tier VIII.

 

I do have T34. Because of strong gun and tank has opinion that it lands on tier X too much but it cant even compare to T26E5.

I would like to see how many of my games were on tier X. If someone could tell me where I can find this statistic.

 

I admit I am nowhere near to a good player. And I don't complain about me loosing games or something.

But from my point of view. I took from my garage tier VIII heavy tank. Now I would like to play as heavy then.

But I end up meeting Jagdpanzer E100, Maus and many other tanks that I am not able to penetrate frontally or ding their shots no matter how much I angle and wiggle.

So instead of going city or some hill because I have no chance against tanks like Kranvagn I am forced to support my team from back lines. Which is not bad, but not effective with my impressive heavy tank cammo.

 

1. I do understand that tank is designed so it will meet tier X.

2. I do understand that playing against tier X doesn't mean I am useless.

3. But I would like to play my heavy tank as heavy at least 50% of games I play no matter if its city or hill or whatever.

 

I did wrote a ticket to Wargaming if they could provide me a statistics of me in this tank since I really am curious of these.

I wrote them that I did not but the tank with idea of hiding in a bush and waiting Type 5 heavy will show me his side. Then I will be

1. Able to penetrate him once.

2. I will be spotted.

3. Enemy will rotate his front to me.

4. Enemy will hit me for half of my hit points.

 

Well Wargaming informed me that there is nothing they can do.

1. They won't change matchaking because of one player. - fair enough

2. They won't give me money back. - well ok

3. They won't exchange this tank for any other premium or gold because I did play in it. - well, wait what?

 

How could I know I will face only tier X games before I tried tank out?

Where is this statistic on site when I am buying tank?

How is it that with tank like Scorpion G, where I would gladly play on tier IX or X nonstop, because you can make more damage to oponents that way I am playing mostly on tier VIII.

 

Also since I did check many videos of players like Quickybaby, describing the tank, and they are from before a new matchmaking patch made live.

So I guess it is new matchmaking fault. Insane amount of tier X in game forces many tanks VIII to face tier X.

But I don't understand why this particular tank have to fight them nonstop when other not so often.

 

So now I would like people to say if they agree with me and this tank is meeting tier X and IX to often or is it just me having insane and ridiculous bad RNG because seriously I know I bought a tank and many players despite this. But right now I bought a tank, forced myself to play 100 games in it and I wish I did never buy it.


Edited by timon2611, 14 August 2017 - 05:03 PM.


Cannes76 #2 Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:12 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 64526 battles
  • 1,615
  • [3V] 3V
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011
This is sadly the state of all tier 8 vehicles currently. There's some hope that the upcomin gpatch 9.20 will alleviate this with the new 30 vs. 30 gamemode which will remove alot of tier X vehicles from the queue.

Sfinski #3 Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:14 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 30958 battles
  • 2,366
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013
Yup, t8 is dead. Stay away from it until it's fixed. Sooo wont take long anymore, few years or so.

Junglist_ #4 Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:14 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35962 battles
  • 1,332
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013

It's MM is the same garbage as for all other tier 8 tanks at the moment.



lord_chipmonk #5 Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:19 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33226 battles
  • 10,211
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012
All tier 8 tanks have that problem at the moment. New patch might fix it. 

AvengerOrion #6 Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:28 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25351 battles
  • 1,036
  • Member since:
    12-21-2013

Just give the T26E5 a little mobility buff and it will pass as a decent tier IX medium tank.:trollface:

 

Edit: oops, did I just gave WG an idea? :hiding:


Edited by AvengerOrion, 14 August 2017 - 05:29 PM.


ZlatanArKung #7 Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:31 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View Posttimon2611, on 14 August 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

Hello,

 

This is probably my first post on this forum, but I've been playing WoT for some time.

 

Recently I've purchased premium tank T26E5.

I would like to refrain from discussing how strong tank is and how to play it and focus on something that actually makes me really mad about this tank - matchmaking.

 

Let me describe problem with this tank and note that I've played at least 100 battles in it.

While I am playing this tank I can hardly ever meet other tier battles than X and IX.

I was doing some notes.

After lunching the game I am usually playing different tanks to collect stars on them and grind these that I am still grinding. Sometimes I do play a premium tank to earn some more money.

During such afternoon my tank T26E5 meets tier X always. And I mean always!

 

Now we have something that theoretically will protect me from facing nonstop higher tiers when I am playing WoT.

So I've lunched the game and decided to play few games in a row only in this tank.

 

I met tier X tanks 3 games in a row, then I played one game at tier IX or VIII and again I will meet another 3 tier X fights.

So basically from my 100 games I don't think I've played more than 10 games on tier VIII.

 

I do have T34. Because of strong gun and tank has opinion that it lands on tier X too much but it cant even compare to T26E5.

I would like to see how many of my games were on tier X. If someone could tell me where I can find this statistic.

 

I admit I am nowhere near to a good player. And I don't complain about me loosing games or something.

But from my point of view. I took from my garage tier VIII heavy tank. Now I would like to play as heavy then.

But I end up meeting Jagdpanzer E100, Maus and many other tanks that I am not able to penetrate frontally or ding their shots no matter how much I angle and wiggle.

So instead of going city or some hill because I have no chance against tanks like Kranvagn I am forced to support my team from back lines. Which is not bad, but not effective with my impressive heavy tank cammo.

 

1. I do understand that tank is designed so it will meet tier X.

2. I do understand that playing against tier X doesn't mean I am useless.

3. But I would like to play my heavy tank as heavy at least 50% of games I play no matter if its city or hill or whatever.

 

I did wrote a ticket to Wargaming if they could provide me a statistics of me in this tank since I really am curious of these.

I wrote them that I did not but the tank with idea of hiding in a bush and waiting Type 5 heavy will show me his side. Then I will be

1. Able to penetrate him once.

2. I will be spotted.

3. Enemy will rotate his front to me.

4. Enemy will hit me for half of my hit points.

 

Well Wargaming informed me that there is nothing they can do.

1. They won't change matchaking because of one player. - fair enough

2. They won't give me money back. - well ok

3. They won't exchange this tank for any other premium or gold because I did play in it. - well, wait what?

 

How could I know I will face only tier X games before I tried tank out?

Where is this statistic on site when I am buying tank?

How is it that with tank like Scorpion G, where I would gladly play on tier IX or X nonstop, because you can make more damage to oponents that way I am playing mostly on tier VIII.

 

Also since I did check many videos of players like Quickybaby, describing the tank, and they are from before a new matchmaking patch made live.

So I guess it is new matchmaking fault. Insane amount of tier X in game forces many tanks VIII to face tier X.

But I don't understand why this particular tank have to fight them nonstop when other not so often.

 

So now I would like people to say if they agree with me and this tank is meeting tier X and IX to often or is it just me having insane and ridiculous bad RNG because seriously I know I bought a tank and many players despite this. But right now I bought a tank, forced myself to play 100 games in it and I wish I did never buy it.

 

Yes. But it is not just Patriot, it is EVERY T8 medium/heavy tank.

The other 3 classes gets slightly 'better' MM.

 

When I played my Liberte (before I took a vacation from WoT due to this MM) I had been too tier (seeing T6 tanks) less then 1% of the battles, with like 200 battles played.

~44% where against T10

~44% where against T9

~9% where full T8 battles.

 



Sfinski #8 Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:52 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 30958 battles
  • 2,366
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013

View PostZlatanArKung, on 14 August 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

 

Yes. But it is not just Patriot, it is EVERY T8 medium/heavy tank.

The other 3 classes gets slightly 'better' MM.

 

When I played my Liberte (before I took a vacation from WoT due to this MM) I had been too tier (seeing T6 tanks) less then 1% of the battles, with like 200 battles played.

~44% where against T10

~44% where against T9

~9% where full T8 battles.

 

 

My Charioteer sees only t10 though. Maybe once has there been full tier 8 match...

 

Also, were*



Yakito #9 Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:07 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18802 battles
  • 1,320
  • [-FCC-] -FCC-
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011

For the time being, I suggest you get yourself a Panther/M10 tier VII.

 

And yes, t8 MM is garbage. My STA-2 and Revalorise mostly collect dust until better times for them.



GaryThomasBolton #10 Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:56 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 31980 battles
  • 389
  • Member since:
    05-12-2013

View Posttimon2611, on 14 August 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

Hello,

 

This is probably my first post on this forum, but I've been playing WoT for some time.

 

Recently I've purchased premium tank T26E5.

I would like to refrain from discussing how strong tank is and how to play it and focus on something that actually makes me really mad about this tank - matchmaking.

 

Let me describe problem with this tank and note that I've played at least 100 battles in it.

While I am playing this tank I can hardly ever meet other tier battles than X and IX.

I was doing some notes.

After lunching the game I am usually playing different tanks to collect stars on them and grind these that I am still grinding. Sometimes I do play a premium tank to earn some more money.

During such afternoon my tank T26E5 meets tier X always. And I mean always!

 

Now we have something that theoretically will protect me from facing nonstop higher tiers when I am playing WoT.

So I've lunched the game and decided to play few games in a row only in this tank.

 

I met tier X tanks 3 games in a row, then I played one game at tier IX or VIII and again I will meet another 3 tier X fights.

So basically from my 100 games I don't think I've played more than 10 games on tier VIII.

 

I do have T34. Because of strong gun and tank has opinion that it lands on tier X too much but it cant even compare to T26E5.

I would like to see how many of my games were on tier X. If someone could tell me where I can find this statistic.

 

I admit I am nowhere near to a good player. And I don't complain about me loosing games or something.

But from my point of view. I took from my garage tier VIII heavy tank. Now I would like to play as heavy then.

But I end up meeting Jagdpanzer E100, Maus and many other tanks that I am not able to penetrate frontally or ding their shots no matter how much I angle and wiggle.

So instead of going city or some hill because I have no chance against tanks like Kranvagn I am forced to support my team from back lines. Which is not bad, but not effective with my impressive heavy tank cammo.

 

1. I do understand that tank is designed so it will meet tier X.

2. I do understand that playing against tier X doesn't mean I am useless.

3. But I would like to play my heavy tank as heavy at least 50% of games I play no matter if its city or hill or whatever.

 

I did wrote a ticket to Wargaming if they could provide me a statistics of me in this tank since I really am curious of these.

I wrote them that I did not but the tank with idea of hiding in a bush and waiting Type 5 heavy will show me his side. Then I will be

1. Able to penetrate him once.

2. I will be spotted.

3. Enemy will rotate his front to me.

4. Enemy will hit me for half of my hit points.

 

Well Wargaming informed me that there is nothing they can do.

1. They won't change matchaking because of one player. - fair enough

2. They won't give me money back. - well ok

3. They won't exchange this tank for any other premium or gold because I did play in it. - well, wait what?

 

How could I know I will face only tier X games before I tried tank out?

Where is this statistic on site when I am buying tank?

How is it that with tank like Scorpion G, where I would gladly play on tier IX or X nonstop, because you can make more damage to oponents that way I am playing mostly on tier VIII.

 

Also since I did check many videos of players like Quickybaby, describing the tank, and they are from before a new matchmaking patch made live.

So I guess it is new matchmaking fault. Insane amount of tier X in game forces many tanks VIII to face tier X.

But I don't understand why this particular tank have to fight them nonstop when other not so often.

 

So now I would like people to say if they agree with me and this tank is meeting tier X and IX to often or is it just me having insane and ridiculous bad RNG because seriously I know I bought a tank and many players despite this. But right now I bought a tank, forced myself to play 100 games in it and I wish I did never buy it.

 

Bare in mind you're not the only Tier 8 premium that gets placed in T10 matches a lot. I drive the medium FV4202 British premium and get put in a lot of T9 and T10 matches, far more so than I play T8 matches. This tank is nowhere near as OP as the one you use. So you're not that bad off really compared to other premiums getting stuck in T10 matches a lot.

 

T10 takes a bit of getting used to playing in, it's nothing like T8 matches. I would just avoid using that tank as a front-line heavy charging in first, it isn't good enough for T10 level to do that in it. But reading what you said, it's a similar situation here, I tend to get see mostly T9 and T10 matches.


Edited by GaryThomasBolton, 14 August 2017 - 07:05 PM.


CmdRatScabies #11 Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:02 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 35822 battles
  • 3,806
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015
Welcome to the new "improved" matchmaker.  Patriot may have a strong turret but tier IX and X guns don't usually have much of a problem with it.  I've stopped playing mine for a while.

Press2ForSkill #12 Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:14 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 1 battle
  • 689
  • Member since:
    06-01-2016

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 14 August 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

Welcome to the new "improved" matchmaker.  Patriot may have a strong turret but tier IX and X guns don't usually have much of a problem with it.  I've stopped playing mine for a while.

Sold mine..



CmdRatScabies #13 Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:22 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 35822 battles
  • 3,806
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostPress2ForSkill, on 14 August 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

Sold mine..

 

Blimey I wouldn't go that far.  WG will make the Patriot great again one day - when they want to sell a few.  :)

GaryThomasBolton #14 Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:23 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 31980 battles
  • 389
  • Member since:
    05-12-2013
Avoid the premium heavies with no preferential MM treatment. Get a medium instead, they are still fun even stuck in T10 matches. The trouble with heavies is that you're expected to lead the charge with other T10 stock heavies (boom, epic fail for a premium heavy)

Edited by GaryThomasBolton, 14 August 2017 - 07:25 PM.


timon2611 #15 Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:32 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 12737 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    01-03-2014

I didn't realize that problem occurs in other tier 8 premium tanks because as I said I didn't notice this on other tanks myself.

T34

Scorpion G

But if so many ppl say it is not only for this tank, I will play Scorpion G untill they fix it when I want earn some money.



GaryThomasBolton #16 Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:37 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 31980 battles
  • 389
  • Member since:
    05-12-2013
It's not a problem as such. You'll still get stuck in plenty Tier 9/10 matches (either way). I had the Lowe tank for a year playing it, sold it about 6 months ago. That was a tier 8 premium heavy and got stuck in plenty T9/10 matches. So it's something that's always going to happen with that heavy premium you own - but maybe it's (as mentioned, no idea) getting worse MM than normal because WOT have classed it as a slightly OP tank. As it wouldn't really be fair to stick an OP tank like that in too many T8 matches all the time, it would just outclass everything else and end up with people crying your tank keeps getting put in too many T8 matches (as an OP tank). Which it is one, same as the Chrysler GF and Defender

Edited by GaryThomasBolton, 14 August 2017 - 07:40 PM.


NUKLEAR_SLUG #17 Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:40 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27537 battles
  • 1,970
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
Patriot is arguably one of if not the the most OP premiums so pardon me if I don't feel your pain.

timon2611 #18 Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:53 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 12737 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    01-03-2014

As I stated please refrain from posts suggesting that "you got what you deserve for playing OP tank".

These are pointless and toxic. You can have it too it's not designed and sold only for chosen ones.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:27 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27537 battles
  • 1,970
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View Posttimon2611, on 14 August 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

As I stated please refrain from posts suggesting that "you got what you deserve for playing OP tank".

These are pointless and toxic. You can have it too it's not designed and sold only for chosen ones.

 

 So what do you want? If you're in a tier 10 game then at worst you are facing 3 tier 10's. Why are YOU fighting Maus and Type-5? Go fight all the other tier 8's and let your tier 10 deal with Maus.

CmdRatScabies #20 Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:54 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 35822 battles
  • 3,806
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View Posttimon2611, on 14 August 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

I didn't realize that problem occurs in other tier 8 premium tanks because as I said I didn't notice this on other tanks myself.

T34

Scorpion G

But if so many ppl say it is not only for this tank, I will play Scorpion G untill they fix it when I want earn some money.

 

Some tanks cope with the Tier 9/10 matchmaking better than others - Skorpion G, Defender, STRV S1 seem to cope okay.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users