Crew training event puzzle

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Mike_Mckay #1 Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:18 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18713 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

Is the mission where you get x amount of 100% XP boosts supposed to run daily?

I read it initially as being a single completion "per day" until the 15th, and yesterday and today the counter has come up to get the 10 battles but after completion no free PRs have appeared

Is this just yet another example of WG being incapable of getting the most simplistic aspects of an event to work (IE either it vanishes after its ONLY completion, or resets and actually works for EACH daily completion),

But I guess them not being capable of even displaying a 4x XP first win bonus and also being incapable, or not bothered enough to manage to correct it in a three day period kind of sets the bar for this kind of thing and probably holds the key to the answer lol :)

Testa_Rossa #2 Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:05 AM

Private

• Player
  • 966 battles

View PostMike_Mckay, on 15 August 2017 - 04:18 AM, said:

Is the mission where you get x amount of 100% XP boosts supposed to run daily?

Missions run from 7.00am on the start date to 7.00 am on the finish date, a day counts as consecutive 24 hour periods within the start and end dates. It is thus because of varying time zones on the EU server, and because a cut off time at midnight would be penalising a lot of players. So for example assuming a 'day' covers exactly the same Saturday, Sunday, and Monday time periods in the U.K. as in the Ukraine is not the fault of WG.

Edited by Testa_Rossa, 15 August 2017 - 07:11 AM.

Spurtung #3 Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:30 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 61582 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostTesta_Rossa, on 15 August 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

Missions run from 7.00am on the start date to 7.00 am on the finish date, a day counts as consecutive 24 hour periods within the start and end dates. It is thus because of varying time zones on the EU server, and because a cut off time at midnight would be penalising a lot of players. So for example assuming a 'day' covers exactly the same Saturday, Sunday, and Monday time periods in the U.K. as in the Ukraine is not the fault of WG.

Congrats on not knowing anything.

@OP: on the first day I got 1 when completing the 10, I got another when logging in on the 2nd day and then did the 10, and same on 3rd day, got it when logging in, before doing the 10.

TungstenHitman #4 Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:35 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20662 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 15 August 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

You can add me to that list, I didn't have a clue why I kept getting X100% crew boosters when I logged in but knew it was a "focus on crew training" weekend so just played away while gracefully accepting such related gifts for whatever reason I got them... I didn't care (chucks another one on the heap)

Spurtung #5 Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:51 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 61582 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostTungstenHitman, on 15 August 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

You can add me to that list, I didn't have a clue why I kept getting X100% crew boosters when I logged in but knew it was a "focus on crew training" weekend so just played away while gracefully accepting such related gifts for whatever reason I got them... I didn't care (chucks another one on the heap)

Different things. The guy I quoted was rambling about time zones, and how a day in WoT is, and all that had absolutely nothing to do with this discussion.

TungstenHitman #6 Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:59 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20662 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 15 August 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

Different things. The guy I quoted was rambling about time zones, and how a day in WoT is, and all that had absolutely nothing to do with this discussion.

Well I think his comment was an attempt to answer the OP's question about how the free crew booster being stated as running to the 15th(today) and he didn't get it today after completing the requested whatever it was you had to do so this guy was suggesting that different time zones bring events to a close sooner than other locations..

Mike_Mckay #7 Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:28 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18713 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostTesta_Rossa, on 15 August 2017 - 06:05 AM, said:

​Eh? Maybe I haven't had enough cups of tea yet but that read like gibberish lol

The mission RESTARTED on the second day, it counted up another 10 wins then vanished, that has NOTHING to do with varying time zones, or anything else. If the mission should ONLY run once in the 72 hour period then it shouldn't have started to count up to ten more than once during the entire period if it was coded properly

​If on the other hand it WAS supposed be available to complete once per day, then it SHOULD have restarted the count each day, but on completion SHOULD then have paid out the reward each time, but again, that's only if it was coded properly

​Instead I have so far had two full (and separate) counts up to 10, but it only paid out the reward once which has nothing whatsoever to do with different time zones

Mike_Mckay #8 Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:31 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18713 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostSpurtung, on 15 August 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

@OP: on the first day I got 1 when completing the 10, I got another when logging in on the 2nd day and then did the 10, and same on 3rd day, got it when logging in, before doing the 10.

​I "think" I have got the single ones on logging in, but to be honest although there has been the message I am not 100% sure the numbers went up. But the actual reward if I recall was 5 of them wasn't it? Not just one

​Unless its more of WOTs "chinglish" descriptions and what you actually win is one being doled out per day for 5 days rather than 5 as a block on completion

​EDIT: Actually it cant be that thinking about it, I thought it ran from the 11th to the 15th but it started Saturday and ended this morning, so that's only 3 days/72 hours

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 15 August 2017 - 09:33 AM.

Spurtung #9 Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:34 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 61582 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostMike_Mckay, on 15 August 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

But the actual reward if I recall was 5 of them wasn't it? Not just one

​EDIT: Actually it cant be that thinking about it, I thought it ran from the 11th to the 15th but it started Saturday and ended this morning, so that's only 3 days/72 hours

Total reward was 3 2h, 100% crew XP per day, for 3 days.

RaxipIx #10 Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28463 battles

I noticed this too. On the first day there was a daily mission thing that rewarded you with a couple of  boosters.

On the 2-3 day the counter was still there like a daily mission but you did, or at least i didn't get any of those booster after completing the daily mission.

Spurtung #11 Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:56 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 61582 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostRaxipIx, on 15 August 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

I noticed this too. On the first day there was a daily mission thing that rewarded you with a couple of  boosters.

On the 2-3 day the counter was still there like a daily mission but you did, or at least i didn't get any of those booster after completing the daily mission.

Because you got it before.

Basically, they messed it up so badly that the counter never reset (even though it still only added 10 per day), and on the end of the event I had 30/10. Which means that I rightfully got the rewards for the first day, then when logging in on the second day, and since I already had 10/10, I got the reward again, fulfilled the requirements anyway and ended with 20/10 and finally on the third day got the reward again when logging in because I had 20/10, finishing the day with 30/10.

So...if you completed it on the first day, you really only needed to login on the following days and still get the reward.

Testa_Rossa #12 Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:02 AM

Private

• Player
  • 966 battles

View PostMike_Mckay, on 15 August 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

​Eh? Maybe I haven't had enough cups of tea yet but that read like gibberish lol

lol, and here's me naturally thinking you were the imbecile for getting your days mixed up! But I got two sets of PR's for the two days I played over the weekend. I admit I wasn't anally counting down the numbers of battles and hardly noticed when they appeared, but I didn't do anything else to get them other than play.

Mike_Mckay #13 Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:15 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18713 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostSpurtung, on 15 August 2017 - 08:34 AM, said:

Total reward was 3 2h, 100% crew XP per day, for 3 days.

​Ahh my bad then, that's why I wasn't even sure I got them on the first day, I could have sworn it was XP boosts not crew XP boosts

​I thought the crew XP boosts we got was just for logging in as there was one reward just for playing a battle and the other that needed 10 victories if I recall

So its just the "win ten battles in a day" "once per day" bit they seem to have screwed up this time then

Actually, to be fair to WG, it "might" have been working properly as I did misread it and thought it was just XP boosts not crew XP, so they could have been added and I wouldn't have noticed as I was watching the 100% XP boosts and not seeing them increase

So its quite possible I was just mistaken with this

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 15 August 2017 - 10:21 AM.

RaxipIx #14 Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28463 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 15 August 2017 - 09:56 AM, said:

Because you got it before.

Basically, they messed it up so badly that the counter never reset (even though it still only added 10 per day), and on the end of the event I had 30/10. Which means that I rightfully got the rewards for the first day, then when logging in on the second day, and since I already had 10/10, I got the reward again, fulfilled the requirements anyway and ended with 20/10 and finally on the third day got the reward again when logging in because I had 20/10, finishing the day with 30/10.

So...if you completed it on the first day, you really only needed to login on the following days and still get the reward.

I understand, but on the first day i got like 3-4, don't remember exactly.

On the 2-3 day  only got one, when i logged in.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users