Jump to content


The Balancing department is acting inadequatly and Miss-Evaluating needed nerfs/buffs


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

hedi2222 #1 Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:37 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 29517 battles
  • 7,829
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    08-12-2013
For the past  2 years or so Not only we have been seeing badly balanced Straight out OP premuims but also we've been noticing a "trend" in how things go. The balancing departement is far from doing a good job and its only making the game worse by the day.

First of all , the badly balanced premuims that can't be nerfed , That shouldn't have made it out from the first place , only because the guys in the office thought its Okay to put it out in that state.... ( or you can argue than they value income more than game balance , it's bussiness afterall)
Second , The stupid Overbuffing that has been going on lately , release or overbuff a certain line , Keep it like that for a year or so so that people grind their butts for it and then nerf it , there's always that one line Overdoing any of the others. Each time a different tank appears to be so, First it was grille , then E5 , now maus , next up we'll see what they do , maybe the chinese TDs will follow the same pattern
Third point , Chinese TDs , balanced around appealing to the chinese audiance and we all know how things go there , simply transported into our server like that....
Fourth , The test server , acting just like the elections in most countries , Only 1% of the time it actually makes a difference , its the illusion of participation and helping provide better feedback.... which is not true. How did the maus and type 5 heavy make it to live ?


Fifth and most important , the wave of Missplaced Buffs , starting with the IS7 , a breakthrough dogfighting tank , what do they give it ? MORE ACCURACY BOIS ! BOHO PERFECT DONE THE TANK IS GOOD NOW . when in reality the problem with this tank is the crap DPM/reload time coupled with penable armor at any angle , ending battles with 0 blocked armor because HAHA russian Bias they said.
then we're seeing the armor buffs here and there to british Meds , I'm not against buffing those trashcans on tracks , But shouldn't the buff be more throughout and made around the fact they're MEDUIMS ? Not heavies ?

i have been only seeing bad decisions from these guys and they have failed to deliver , always with the same excuse " we'll monitor the statistics" etc... When the actual things that need to be done can be found out by a small stroll into the forums or a small quiz. But what do we know , us the players ? all we do is whine and cry and ask for a balanced game right ?

a_noob_in_his_ #2 Posted 15 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 46878 battles
  • 310
  • Member since:
    09-29-2013

WG either don't know what they're doing or don't care

or both

 

i think both

 

peace



SABAOTH #3 Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:10 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36437 battles
  • 2,914
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

The question is:

 

How did the sales of fort knox and free exp went?

 

After 2 years I came back, now the game forces you to shoot gold, before I could do the same with no gold.

 

They are doing a great job business wise. :girl:



leggasiini #4 Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:14 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12441 battles
  • 6,081
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012

Tbh good that they didnt buff IS-7's armor, would have made it just retarded; also what would you even buff on its armor? side armor? LUL buff lower side armor and it can angle like superheavy. turret? would only matter VS JP E100 HEAT. LFP? no, just no. I had close to 1.0 armor use effiency which is far from bad for such tank. They shouldnt megabuff the tank because the tank is not even as bad as Maus was, and definitely not even close as terrible like Type 5 Heavy was. Heck, I actually liked IS-7 even before buffs and dont think its that bad (just go medium flanks).

 

I like the current buffs, I maybe would have buffed the mobility further slightly but curious to see how it goes. Giving it high DPM and mobility buff makes it too similar to the wz 11111111111111111111111111111 5A anyways, tho a small DPM buff wouldnt be too bad I guess.

 

As for others, Chinese TDs are actually one of the best balanced lines they have released in last 3 years so there is that. Just look at every single line they released in last 3 years. I already posted it on the bar and its really balanced compared to what we got in last 3 years. Every single line introduced in last 3 years is either OP or terrible tanks, has horrible low-midtiers but good hightiers (free XP bait), tanks that are terrible to play against and terrible to play or just all broken, and often many of those.

 

 

 

 



hedi2222 #5 Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:16 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 29517 battles
  • 7,829
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    08-12-2013

View PostSABAOTH, on 15 August 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

 

They are doing a great job business wise. :girl:

exactly they are , but at the cost of game's popularity

@Legga : balanced means better than others :) and you know that



ZeFeKa #6 Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:18 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Community Contributor
  • 79166 battles
  • 593
  • Member since:
    09-10-2010

You know, game balancing can be an hard task (that the only non sarcastic part here)...

 

You can have shocking revelation after some changes...

 

 

Who could guess that...! I mean... WHO !?

Hopefully they are helped with the communication team who clearly handle thing right... :sceptic:



hedi2222 #7 Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:19 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 29517 battles
  • 7,829
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    08-12-2013

View PostZeFeKa, on 15 August 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

You know, game balancing can be an hard task (that the only non sarcastic part here)...

 

You can have shocking revelation after some changes...

 

 

Like yeah exactly ! i wish they had a supertest version and an open test server to help them with such cases right !



NiemandXL #8 Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:08 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 37955 battles
  • 2,934
  • Member since:
    01-30-2013

View Posthedi2222, on 15 August 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

The balancing departement is far from doing a good job

 

That's like saying one cell organisms are far from being the most intellectual lifeforms. I guess we should be happy that those balancing guys are only balancing digital tanks instead of doing import tasks like working in a nuclear power plant or directing air traffic^^

brumbarr #9 Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:09 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostNiemandXL, on 15 August 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

 

That's like saying one cell organisms are far from being the most intellectual lifeforms. I guess we should be happy that those balancing guys are only balancing digital tanks instead of doing import tasks like working in a nuclear power plant or directing air traffic^^

Ironicly, guys like that are exactly in charge of nuclear weapons...



1ucky #10 Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:12 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 68271 battles
  • 451
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

View Posthedi2222, on 15 August 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

For the past  2 years or so Not only we have been seeing badly balanced Straight out OP premuims but also we've been noticing a "trend" in how things go. The balancing departement is far from doing a good job and its only making the game worse by the day.

First of all , the badly balanced premuims that can't be nerfed , That shouldn't have made it out from the first place , only because the guys in the office thought its Okay to put it out in that state.... ( or you can argue than they value income more than game balance , it's bussiness afterall)
Second , The stupid Overbuffing that has been going on lately , release or overbuff a certain line , Keep it like that for a year or so so that people grind their butts for it and then nerf it , there's always that one line Overdoing any of the others. Each time a different tank appears to be so, First it was grille , then E5 , now maus , next up we'll see what they do , maybe the chinese TDs will follow the same pattern
Third point , Chinese TDs , balanced around appealing to the chinese audiance and we all know how things go there , simply transported into our server like that....
Fourth , The test server , acting just like the elections in most countries , Only 1% of the time it actually makes a difference , its the illusion of participation and helping provide better feedback.... which is not true. How did the maus and type 5 heavy make it to live ?


Fifth and most important , the wave of Missplaced Buffs , starting with the IS7 , a breakthrough dogfighting tank , what do they give it ? MORE ACCURACY BOIS ! BOHO PERFECT DONE THE TANK IS GOOD NOW . when in reality the problem with this tank is the crap DPM/reload time coupled with penable armor at any angle , ending battles with 0 blocked armor because HAHA russian Bias they said.
then we're seeing the armor buffs here and there to british Meds , I'm not against buffing those trashcans on tracks , But shouldn't the buff be more throughout and made around the fact they're MEDUIMS ? Not heavies ?

i have been only seeing bad decisions from these guys and they have failed to deliver , always with the same excuse " we'll monitor the statistics" etc... When the actual things that need to be done can be found out by a small stroll into the forums or a small quiz. But what do we know , us the players ? all we do is whine and cry and ask for a balanced game right ?

Well whined, comrade!!!

GJ!

 

One constructive criticism though:

Try use more caps.

And question marks!

GL

 



hedi2222 #11 Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:19 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 29517 battles
  • 7,829
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    08-12-2013

View Post1ucky, on 15 August 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

Well whined, comrade!!!

GJ!

 

One constructive criticism though:

Try use more caps.

And question marks!

GL

 

 

Glad you liked it  , Honored you've read it all.

ZlatanArKung #12 Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:25 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View Posthedi2222, on 15 August 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

For the past  2 years or so Not only we have been seeing badly balanced Straight out OP premuims but also we've been noticing a "trend" in how things go. The balancing departement is far from doing a good job and its only making the game worse by the day.

First of all , the badly balanced premuims that can't be nerfed , That shouldn't have made it out from the first place , only because the guys in the office thought its Okay to put it out in that state.... ( or you can argue than they value income more than game balance , it's bussiness afterall)
Second , The stupid Overbuffing that has been going on lately , release or overbuff a certain line , Keep it like that for a year or so so that people grind their butts for it and then nerf it , there's always that one line Overdoing any of the others. Each time a different tank appears to be so, First it was grille , then E5 , now maus , next up we'll see what they do , maybe the chinese TDs will follow the same pattern
Third point , Chinese TDs , balanced around appealing to the chinese audiance and we all know how things go there , simply transported into our server like that....
Fourth , The test server , acting just like the elections in most countries , Only 1% of the time it actually makes a difference , its the illusion of participation and helping provide better feedback.... which is not true. How did the maus and type 5 heavy make it to live ?


Fifth and most important , the wave of Missplaced Buffs , starting with the IS7 , a breakthrough dogfighting tank , what do they give it ? MORE ACCURACY BOIS ! BOHO PERFECT DONE THE TANK IS GOOD NOW . when in reality the problem with this tank is the crap DPM/reload time coupled with penable armor at any angle , ending battles with 0 blocked armor because HAHA russian Bias they said.
then we're seeing the armor buffs here and there to british Meds , I'm not against buffing those trashcans on tracks , But shouldn't the buff be more throughout and made around the fact they're MEDUIMS ? Not heavies ?

i have been only seeing bad decisions from these guys and they have failed to deliver , always with the same excuse " we'll monitor the statistics" etc... When the actual things that need to be done can be found out by a small stroll into the forums or a small quiz. But what do we know , us the players ? all we do is whine and cry and ask for a balanced game right ?

 

Well, here at the forums, the changes proposed are changes that doesn't bring immediate revenue.



hedi2222 #13 Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:27 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 29517 battles
  • 7,829
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    08-12-2013

View PostZlatanArKung, on 15 August 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

 

Well, here at the forums, the changes proposed are changes that doesn't bring immediate revenue.

 

except in such investments Immediate revenue shouldn't be the main concern....

ZlatanArKung #14 Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:28 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View Postbrumbarr, on 15 August 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

Ironicly, guys like that are exactly in charge of nuclear weapons...

 

Nah, I think Trump is a far worse human being than those at balance department. 



1ucky #15 Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:35 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 68271 battles
  • 451
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

View Posthedi2222, on 15 August 2017 - 06:19 PM, said:

 

Glad you liked it  , Honored you've read it all.

No problem mate, thanks for the huge input.

 

One more constructive thing though, no joke:

In regards to "just a small stroll in the forum / small quiz would suffice":

Nope.

 

Reasons:

There's a very small group of players posting here, and a lot do it out of frustration, or to provoke comments, i.e. to get off some steam or to troll.

Any small quizes/polls are bound to have a similarly small turn-up of avid forum/news readers.

But they represent only a very small and biased part of the player population.

Hence WG has to rely on statistical data, instead of opinion-makers, followers, trolls, and the like.

 

Just so you know why you are wrong with your balancing department criticism.


Edited by 1ucky, 15 August 2017 - 06:37 PM.


brumbarr #16 Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:40 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,326
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostZlatanArKung, on 15 August 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

 

Nah, I think Trump is a far worse human being than those at balance department. 

No question about that.



leggasiini #17 Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:43 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12441 battles
  • 6,081
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012

View Posthedi2222, on 15 August 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

@Legga : balanced means better than others :) and you know that

 Better than others? Nah.

 

The only tank that might be too good is the tier 8 and even that has crap health pool, is big and is fairly slow. And its not minmaxed abo ination like quite a few recent tanks. I didnt even get very good results with it, tho might be test server and very small sample size. T9 is quite strong too but its slow and has terrible accuracy and I dont see it being tooo good. Its bulkier than 704 and has slightly better GH but its noticeably slower and gun has worse acc and reload. T10 doesnt seem too good. Its strong like T9 but cant snipe properly at all and it can be HEAT spammed. Sure its flatout better than 268 but its not because the WZ is too good but because the 268 is simply terrible (even with buffs its terrible).

 

Tier 2-7 all seem pretty average.

 

Its maybe not the best line balance wise but much better than lets say Czech meds that is freeXP blackhole for broken-ish tier 9/10, new tier 10 french TD, entire Jap HT line, or the Swedish TDs and HTs that are just awful to play with and awful to play against.



SABAOTH #18 Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:17 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36437 battles
  • 2,914
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View Posthedi2222, on 15 August 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

 

except in such investments Immediate revenue shouldn't be the main concern....

 

Shareholders don't see it that way.

 

Every year is "Squeeze more". Besides, this is a 6 years old digital good, how many years do you think will last?

Not that long, probably, the market is saturated and the most sensible decision is to hold the dominant position for as long as it's possible and milk it the most. :girl:


Edited by SABAOTH, 15 August 2017 - 07:17 PM.


Folau #19 Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:19 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 15254 battles
  • 2,560
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    05-19-2013
WG's balancing department is either laughablely incompetent or purely motivated by money. Either way the language I would use to describe them isn't really appropriate for this forum.

Pansenmann #20 Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:25 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33678 battles
  • 12,393
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

View Post1ucky, on 15 August 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

No problem mate, thanks for the huge input.

 

One more constructive thing though, no joke:

In regards to "just a small stroll in the forum / small quiz would suffice":

Nope.

 

Reasons:

There's a very small group of players posting here, and a lot do it out of frustration, or to provoke comments, i.e. to get off some steam or to troll.

Any small quizes/polls are bound to have a similarly small turn-up of avid forum/news readers.

But they represent only a very small and biased part of the player population.

Hence WG has to rely on statistical data, instead of opinion-makers, followers, trolls, and the like.

 

Just so you know why you are wrong with your balancing department criticism.

 

good point.

 

a valid option would be an in-game poll.

you would still get something like 10-25% "invalid" answers but the sample size would be much higher.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users