WoT in NA last step before dying...

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Murro_the_One #1 Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33242 battles

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/east-west-server-merge/

i think they might skipped this step and go directly to last one....

Edited by Murro_the_One, 15 August 2017 - 01:49 PM.

ricoBenitez1 #2 Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 506 battles

maby its smart of them to merge so that they have 1 server with people online than 2 servers with allmost nobody online.

But still it is NA servers we talk about and frankly who here gives a darn about them.

Cobra6 #3 Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Yep, what they meant to say was:

Block Quote

Why are we doing this merge, what is the benefit for players?

Because player numbers have dropped *SO MUCH* that it’s no longer financially viable for us to maintain two servers.

Your lag will increase by this merge because the distance will be greater, but we don’t care and you’ll have to just suck it up.

That is what they really mean and should be saying, not that fancy PR [edited]that is sugarcoating only

WoT is fun because you can see quite a clear distinction between how it's received in the West and how it's received in the East. This is also why it's less popular in the West/Western Europe than it is in the East/Eastern Europe.

This is a combination of game design but also the way it's managed. Where Western companies try to achieve a perfect balance between classes, Wargaming (Eastern company) is deliberate creating imbalance by over-buffing tanks on purpose and making others XP sinks (the compulsory T7 in most new lines) all for short term financial gain instead of creating a stable and predictable game.

People tend to not like being deliberately screwed over and that is a difference in mentality I would hazard.

In the longer run it results in people leaving the game as we see in the US but also here on the EU server. How many old hands do you still around? How many of your friends have stopped playing because they are sick and tired of the bullcr@p WG is shovelling and pulling time and time again.

Cobra6

Edited by Cobra6, 15 August 2017 - 02:03 PM.

Murro_the_One #4 Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33242 battles

View PostricoBenitez1, on 15 August 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

maby its smart of them to merge so that they have 1 server with people online than 2 servers with allmost nobody online.

But still it is NA servers we talk about and frankly who here gives a darn about them.

well, some folks from EU used to play on NA and now they need to ping couple hundred KM's further away

+ its kind of entertaining to observe WG in the dying phase of the game (ikr, they have their plane crap)

tbh, i was expecting them to fall in EU also but since there is no real competition to speak of, they are still holding

CmdRatScabies #5 Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:59 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35172 battles

View PostMurro_the_One, on 15 August 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

tbh, i was expecting them to fall in EU also but since there is no real competition to speak of, they are still holding

No competition in the US either.  I guess they just aren't into tanks.

qpranger #6 Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:04 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30697 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 15 August 2017 - 02:59 PM, said:

No competition in the US either.  I guess they just aren't into tanks.

WG should have developed World of Hamburgers for them.

psychobear #7 Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18475 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN
Last step is when they put Type 59 back in the shop, so there's still time for the NA.

Gkirmathal #8 Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8125 battles

Why am I at all not surprised...the causal consequences of a company for years not listing to actual and worthwhile feedback and only acting upon the lesser important group and their 'screaming' feedback...and then player retention starts to fall as more and more vets (+clans) move on.

Maybe it is just easy to see when looking at it from the side line, but it is impossible to see when you're (WG) in the middle of it.

psychobear #9 Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18475 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN

View PostGkirmathal, on 15 August 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

Why am I at all not surprised...the causal consequences of a company for years not listing to actual and worthwhile feedback and only acting upon the lesser important group and their 'screaming' feedback...and then player retention starts to fall as more and more vets (+clans) move on.

Maybe it is just easy to see when looking at it from the side line, but it is impossible to see when you're (WG) in the middle of it.

I really hope EU server is next to drastically drop player retention. Maybe that would make WG to finally wake the fk up and really listen.

RockyRoller #10 Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28259 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

View PostricoBenitez1, on 15 August 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

America is where the real money is but its fickle money.

But 1 locality = 1 set of wages rather than 2, and it covers 2 time zone = more money

WoT will be dying over there when Americans are merged with Asian or Euro servers

DracheimFlug #11 Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:28 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 8925 battles

View Postpsychobear, on 15 August 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

I really hope EU server is next to drastically drop player retention. Maybe that would make WG to finally wake the fk up and really listen.

You do realize that it if that happens it is more likely they will just pack it in, right? Less money to work with more often leads to "Well it was good while it lasted" conclusions than to "what can we try that would fix things?"

RockyRoller #12 Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28259 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

View Postpsychobear, on 15 August 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

I don't see the economy tanking for 60% of the Euro market, so it is WG fault if they keep costs so high that the other 40% can't spend for entertainment... they know this already it is basic economics and WG choice

Balc0ra #13 Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62761 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

It's a logical step. They have 2 servers. East that has a fairly decent server population at above 20K at peak hours. And West that has 4K at peak hours.. if that. Keeping upkeep on two servers with those numbers is not ideal anyway. That and East has been fine for the last 2 years unlike West. NA's issue is not in keeping players there. But getting new players to the game. As new accounts have dropped way more then anything.

That and the most common requested thing in NA is not related to balance or MM. It's about getting a center server. As most US NA players are in the middle of the US, not along the coast line.

View PostRockyRoller, on 15 August 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

I don't see the economy tanking for 60% of the Euro market, so it is WG fault if they keep costs so high that the other 40% can't spend for entertainment... they know this already it is basic economics and WG choice

As long as most here makes a new alt account and buy's 3 tier 8 premiums for it. It will remain the same. As long as at least 20% of the players on EU spends money on the game each month. Wg says it's fine to keep going. And 20% is not much tbh. But we all know that some spend more then others ofc. And new players and alt accounts are a source of better income vs a long time player with 60 premium tanks. And if the new player income drops like it has on NA... WG might notice it on EU to. But as it stands now. We are far from that here still I suspect.

Edited by Balc0ra, 15 August 2017 - 02:45 PM.

jack_timber #14 Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31141 battles

I remember getting 1.5€ to the pound now it's nearly parity so yes cost in UK has skyrocketed with wages also stagnating it now becoming an expensive hobby for some.

But I will still buy my premium account out of my pension, just have to shop at the discounters for my baked beans rather than Waitrose to fund my habit:)

Three_Rounds_Rapid #15 Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32687 battles
  • [W__F] W__F
Can I transfer servers if my ping gets worse?

Block Quote

We are working on a customer support plan to allow users to transfer servers. More information to follow shortly on this topic, and we will update this thread with links and details this week.

East Coast NA players transfer to EU. Next step EU1 and EU2 merge. EU and NA merge. Type 59 goes on sale....

Edited by Three_Rounds_Rapid, 15 August 2017 - 02:54 PM.

Spurtung #16 Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:57 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60054 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postjack_timber, on 15 August 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

I remember getting 1.5€ to the pound now it's nearly parity so yes cost in UK has skyrocketed with wages also stagnating it now becoming an expensive hobby for some.

Oh well, you did vote for it.

Browarszky #17 Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:59 PM

Major

• Player
  • 14901 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostThree_Rounds_Rapid, on 15 August 2017 - 01:54 PM, said:

Can I transfer servers if my ping gets worse?

East Coast NA players transfer to EU. Next step EU1 and EU2 merge. EU and NA merge. Type 59 goes on sale....

Why not EU/RU merge then?

FireflyDivision #18 Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:08 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23602 battles
  • [RANGI] RANGI

View Postpsychobear, on 15 August 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

If they don't reintroduce CW soon, clan life will collapse and thousands of players will leave EU.

Dr_Oolen #19 Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20231 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
Ill be able to transfer my NA alt to EU without hassle then. NA specials have been weaker than EUs this year anyway, so that part of having NA account (all kinds of ez missions/bonuses/rewards) is kinda moot anyway. inb4 they start spamming free prem tonks and stuff again after i move the account to EU :XD

Tidal_Force #20 Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:28 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16000 battles

View PostCobra6, on 15 August 2017 - 12:54 PM, said:

Yep, what they meant to say was:

That is what they really mean and should be saying, not that fancy PR [edited]that is sugarcoating only

WoT is fun because you can see quite a clear distinction between how it's received in the West and how it's received in the East. This is also why it's less popular in the West/Western Europe than it is in the East/Eastern Europe.

This is a combination of game design but also the way it's managed. Where Western companies try to achieve a perfect balance between classes, Wargaming (Eastern company) is deliberate creating imbalance by over-buffing tanks on purpose and making others XP sinks (the compulsory T7 in most new lines) all for short term financial gain instead of creating a stable and predictable game.

People tend to not like being deliberately screwed over and that is a difference in mentality I would hazard.

In the longer run it results in people leaving the game as we see in the US but also here on the EU server. How many old hands do you still around? How many of your friends have stopped playing because they are sick and tired of the bullcr@p WG is shovelling and pulling time and time again.

Cobra6

As if power creep doesn't happen in games by what you call "western" companies... :facepalm:

FYI: in it's conduit and practices WG has embraced american-style capitalist practices to the fullest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users