New Foch tier X?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Noivilbo #1 Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13216 battles
  • [STS_] STS_

So I've been reading that the old Foch 155 tier X French TD will become a "special-tier X premium tank" and there will be a new tier X tank introduced to the game as a replacement..

I am personally happy that people will not be losing their hard-earned or money-through-gold earned tank. But I can't but feel a little sad about the fact that when I grinded the WT Auf E100 tier X German TD and Wargaming decided it got completely changed that they didn't make the same move with it as well... Others like me also spent time playing the German line to grind the then tier X tank (WT Auf E100) because it was a good tank (Yes it was OP) but nerfs took place and could still take place. 

So at the end of the day i will go ahead and say that yes, people will use the word "butthurt" and that's what I am. Because this discrimination amongst players/customers shows that Wargaming doesn't care about everyone. I'm sure there are other players out there that might feel the same discrimination.

roachex #2 Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20261 battles
  • [RIGA] RIGA
Not another topic, gee...

Then grind F155 line. Trust me, its not chocolate and candies like WT line.

Junglist_ #3 Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35980 battles
Difference is that WT E100 was a absolutely broken tank while the current Foch is a mediocre tank at best

Balc0ra #4 Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64400 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

155 is not something most think of when they hear the word "broken" or "OP". It's "meh" at best in it's current state. And lets be honest, the WT auf E100 was beyond broken, even after the nerfs. And it had 3000 burst damage with the 15cm, even after the nerfs. And that's not ideal for any tank. That and the 15cm gun it had, unlike the 155 that takes 10 seconds to get his 3 shots out. The WT used 8 seconds to get 4 out. That's a full HP Maus gone in less then 10 seconds. Not something you want around.

That and the WG staff when the WT auf E100 was removed, is not the same as the one that is removing the 155. As just about everyone, even the lead dev of WOT has left the game for other projects since then. And the new staff thought this was a better way of doing it, vs just removing it. Or making it a tier 8 premium like the British medium.

Noivilbo #5 Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13216 battles
  • [STS_] STS_

View Postroachex, on 15 August 2017 - 05:40 PM, said:

Not another topic, gee...

Then grind F155 line. Trust me, its not chocolate and candies like WT line.

Why would I wanna grind anything when there is a discrimination going on?

i.e: I grind IS-4 then IS-4 gets redesigned to a completely different tank. Old IS-4 gets removed...

Few months later, E-100 gets redesigned but instead of being completely removed, it becomes a premium tier X tank that they get to keep. Also, they get the new tank.

Do you feel the injustice? Especially if for IS-4 you've spent real money to pay for premium account and/or convert experience.

View PostJunglist_, on 15 August 2017 - 05:40 PM, said:

Difference is that WT E100 was a absolutely broken tank while the current Foch is a mediocre tank at best

Foch 155 was an absolutely broken tank for a long time. Though through good maneuvering they made it a mediocre tank. Same could of happen with WT

Noivilbo #6 Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13216 battles
  • [STS_] STS_

View PostBalc0ra, on 15 August 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

155 is not something most think of when they hear the word "broken" or "OP". It's "meh" at best in it's current state. And lets be honest, the WT auf E100 was beyond broken, even after the nerfs. And it had 3000 burst damage with the 15cm, even after the nerfs. And that's not ideal for any tank. That and the 15cm gun it had, unlike the 155 that takes 10 seconds to get his 3 shots out. The WT used 8 seconds to get 4 out. That's a full HP Maus gone in less then 10 seconds. Not something you want around.

That and the WG staff when the WT auf E100 was removed, is not the same as the one that is removing the 155. As just about everyone, even the lead dev of WOT has left the game for other projects since then. And the new staff thought this was a better way of doing it, vs just removing it. Or making it a tier 8 premium like the British medium.

Fair, why didn't they give the option to change a line? When you pay for stuff  and they get taken away you tend to get mad. Maybe you don't, but I do. I like this game and I want to support it. Not when the company shows that they don't care though

Junglist_ #7 Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35980 battles

View PostNoivilbo, on 15 August 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

Foch 155 was an absolutely broken tank for a long time. Though through good maneuvering they made it a mediocre tank. Same could of happen with WT

They did try to rebalance the WT and failed. That's why it got removed. Unless they would nerf it to the ground it ain't gonna happen.

Noivilbo #8 Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13216 battles
  • [STS_] STS_

View PostJunglist_, on 15 August 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

They did try to rebalance the WT and failed. That's why it got removed. Unless they would nerf it to the ground it ain't gonna happen.

So when you take one policy when you completely change a tank, that's what you should do always.

You don't discriminate because people (me included) feel like trash compared to those who have the Foch. It's like we (I) don't matter. I believe that's humane

1ucky #9 Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 68191 battles

View PostNoivilbo, on 15 August 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

So I've been reading that the old Foch 155 tier X French TD will become a "special-tier X premium tank" and there will be a new tier X tank introduced to the game as a replacement..

I am personally happy that people will not be losing their hard-earned or money-through-gold earned tank. But I can't but feel a little sad about the fact that when I grinded the WT Auf E100 tier X German TD and Wargaming decided it got completely changed that they didn't make the same move with it as well... Others like me also spent time playing the German line to grind the then tier X tank (WT Auf E100) because it was a good tank (Yes it was OP) but nerfs took place and could still take place. 

So at the end of the day i will go ahead and say that yes, people will use the word "butthurt" and that's what I am. Because this discrimination amongst players/customers shows that Wargaming doesn't care about everyone. I'm sure there are other players out there that might feel the same discrimination.

They might develop a new WT auf E 100 version that's not OP, and make it a reward tank. 

That'd be nice...

Also a great bonus for people who had the old version, they'd get it for free... 

Just an idea still, it'd be cool though if it really happens some day. :)

But even if they don't make up for such mistakes of the past (tank removal without compensation for owners), I guess they won't make those kinds of mistakes again.

Reward tanks in place of removed tanks are a change for the better, no doubt.

Noivilbo #10 Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:29 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13216 battles
  • [STS_] STS_

View Post1ucky, on 15 August 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

They might develop a new WT auf E 100 version that's not OP, and make it a reward tank. 

That'd be nice...

Also a great bonus for people who had the old version, they'd get it for free... 

But even if they don't make up for such mistakes of the past (tank removal without compensation for owners), I guess they won't make those kinds of mistakes again.

Reward tanks in place of removed tanks are a change for the better, no doubt.

I hope they don't(the mistakes part). i.e I'm going for STRV 103B now, imagine instead of doing changes to it, they completely remove it, give us a new tank and say "now go play". That's what happend with the WT, like we were dogs.

Edited by Noivilbo, 15 August 2017 - 05:30 PM.

1ucky #11 Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 68191 battles

View PostNoivilbo, on 15 August 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

I hope they don't(the mistakes part). i.e I'm going for STRV 103B now, imagine instead of doing changes to it, they completely remove it, give us a new tank and say "now go play". That's what happend with the WT, like we were dogs.

Dude, I hope so, too.

And like I said, it makes sense to believe they've changed their policy for the better, because they did.

And yes, you are right that the old policy was not fair, just taking away the tank you worked for.

Of course that sucks.

But, it also sucks to obsess over it, it doesn't make anything better...

There is still hope though, that they might rework old tanks and bring them back in a more balanced form, perhaps.

Maybe years into the future, who knows...

Junglist_ #12 Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35980 battles

View PostNoivilbo, on 15 August 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

So when you take one policy when you completely change a tank, that's what you should do always.

You don't discriminate because people (me included) feel like trash compared to those who have the Foch. It's like we (I) don't matter. I believe that's humane

But this is a new policy tho and luckily for the state of the game it doesn't act retrospectively.

No reason to feel like trash since like I said before the current Foch is not a good tank while you just want your broken PoS back

brumbarr #13 Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:51 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostJunglist_, on 15 August 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

But this is a new policy tho and luckily for the state of the game it doesn't act retrospectively.

No reason to feel like trash since like I said before the current Foch is not a good tank while you just want your broken PoS back

Although i am pretty sure that with the same policy in place they would not have given you th wtfe100.

That tank was replaced because it was broken and too good, the foch is replaced because it sucks. They even said in their recent video that they will give you a free tier10 UNLESS the tank being replaced is too good/broken.

Noivilbo #14 Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:18 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13216 battles
  • [STS_] STS_

View Postbrumbarr, on 15 August 2017 - 06:51 PM, said:

Although i am pretty sure that with the same policy in place they would not have given you th wtfe100.

That tank was replaced because it was broken and too good, the foch is replaced because it sucks. They even said in their recent video that they will give you a free tier10 UNLESS the tank being replaced is too good/broken.

On that note we shouldn't skill up to any new tank until enough time passes and they make up their minds wether it's OP or not. 

Also, Foch 155 users get a premium tank were the "OP" WT auf players get nothing, only a less than a mediocre tank which I have no intention of discussing. This thread was made purely for the reason that some people get something "even a mediocre tank" (something which might change in the future through buffs or w/e) and some got absolutely nothing.

1ucky #15 Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 68191 battles

View PostNoivilbo, on 16 August 2017 - 07:18 AM, said:

On that note we shouldn't skill up to any new tank until enough time passes and they make up their minds wether it's OP or not. 

Also, Foch 155 users get a premium tank were the "OP" WT auf players get nothing, only a less than a mediocre tank which I have no intention of discussing. This thread was made purely for the reason that some people get something "even a mediocre tank" (something which might change in the future through buffs or w/e) and some got absolutely nothing.

No, this thread was created for perma-whining about the same thing over and over again.

Keep going, GL.

brumbarr #16 Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:09 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostNoivilbo, on 16 August 2017 - 07:18 AM, said:

No, you had a tier10 tank and now you have a tier10 tank aswell. No injustice was done here, just you being a whiny [edited]who wants his OP machine back.

Spurtung #17 Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:05 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61586 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostNoivilbo, on 15 August 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

The Centurion AX took FV4202's place, and the latter became a tier 8 premium.

Can you write a similar story? Just want to check if you can keep butthurt about everything in a similar fashion.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #18 Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27537 battles

View PostNoivilbo, on 15 August 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

discrimination.

You clearly don't understand what the word means. Come back when you do.

Spurtung #19 Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:09 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61586 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostNoivilbo, on 15 August 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

View PostBalc0ra, on 15 August 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

Fair, why didn't they give the option to change a line? When you pay for stuff  and they get taken away you tend to get mad. Maybe you don't, but I do. I like this game and I want to support it. Not when the company shows that they don't care though

You know EULA, that thing you agree with every time there's a new patch? Try reading it. If you're still mad at WG and not at yourself, get a lawyer and go lose some more money in a Cypriot court.

Spurtung #20 Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61586 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Post1ucky, on 15 August 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

That'd be nice...

Just like they did with Lorr 40t? :rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users