Jump to content


7 years and 3 game modes ... shame on you WG


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

JaffaStar #1 Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:45 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 45860 battles
  • 282
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

In 7 years you did not manage to create anything else then random and some clan battles divided in clan wars and strongholds?!? This is all ?!? 

The player base is that weak that can not play anything else ?!? Or you can not develop something else ?!? 

 



hson_hson #2 Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:59 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 6487 battles
  • 154
  • Member since:
    08-19-2014
There have been several which have been removed (rampage, historical, confrontation) and frontline has been showcased, so they have made more than 3 modes...

1ucky #3 Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:15 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 68266 battles
  • 451
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013
Also, there was tank football and space balls, chaffee racing, WW1 armored car mode, 8bit arty mode, ranked battles, team battles, etc...

30v30 coming soon btw.

Eaglax #4 Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:19 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18973 battles
  • 3,481
  • Member since:
    01-12-2012

View Posthson_hson, on 16 August 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

There have been several which have been removed (rampage, historical, confrontation) and frontline has been showcased, so they have made more than 3 modes...

 

they all failed...rampage mainly because of the f* up economy, historical and confrontation because of massive balance problems. So maybe they were able to create new gamemodes, but no one wanted to play them. And I wouldn't say that confrontation was a so hard to develop, it was just nation vs nation..

 

I hope they will finally learn from their mistakes and make 30vs30 a good gamemode.



leggasiini #5 Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:19 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12434 battles
  • 6,081
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012
There was tons of gamemodes like Historical battles, Confontration, Steel Hunt/Rampage/whatever, but all of those failed quite badly. There has always been ocassional fun gamemodes like Chaffee racing.

Testa_Rossa #6 Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:23 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 966 battles
  • 19
  • Member since:
    05-23-2016
Be careful what you wish for, more game modes mean fewer players in Random battles, longer wait times, and an increased liability for players to become frustrated and leave because novelty modes could stop them working at the things that make the main game enjoyable.

Laatikkomafia #7 Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:04 AM

    Brigadier

  • Beta Tester
  • 21315 battles
  • 4,228
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P
  • Member since:
    12-27-2010

7 years, and people still go to valley of Lakeville?

 

I wonder why we don't get nice things...



TungstenHitman #8 Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:30 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 20724 battles
  • 3,825
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

I'd like a famous battles mode where up to 100 players get to play out these historically important battles on a huge map. For example I would love a Battle of Kursk mode where you can use just the tank that were featured during such battles like lots of T34 and Panzer4s with a few Tigers, Panthers and KV1 in there too along with a few of the lessor mentioned TDs of the battle. Ah but you might say, that would not be fair because a Tiger and Panther are superior tanks to the T34 and the KV1. True but I would suggest the teams made of 100 battles in total would be split as to be somewhat realistic and fun lets say 65 Russian tanks vs 35 German tanks. I'd happily take my chances popping T34's at range in my Tiger or Panther as they race towards me in numbers, equally I would I'd be happy to chose the T34 or KV1 and try to close the distance with the lemming train(using them for shields lol). 

I'd like some European clashes too where Shermans and Cromwells etc take on German tanks. It would need a bit of thought but I think these historical large scale battles would be great fun and not expensive either as these tanks are tier5-7. Should they include gold rounds? Ideally no



OneSock #9 Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:31 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33964 battles
  • 1,666
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    06-06-2011

IMO they should open 30x30 to tier 8+9+10. this would take some pressure off the random MM at tier 8. 

Most evenings if you play tier 8, then most games will be full tier 8 or as bottom tier  in 9/10.

 

Plus I dont see why 30x30 should be limited to tier 10. why should a game mode be limited to only those people who can afford to run tier 10 loss making tanks ? we don't all have premium accounts you know.



kaer_pol #10 Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:51 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15812 battles
  • 42
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011

View PostOneSock, on 16 August 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

why should a game mode be limited to only those people who can afford to run tier 10 loss making tanks ? we don't all have premium accounts you know.


For money.



gullungen #11 Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:59 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24495 battles
  • 411
  • [NTRS] NTRS
  • Member since:
    12-10-2011

View PostTungstenHitman, on 16 August 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

I'd like a famous battles mode where up to 100 players get to play out these historically important battles on a huge map. For example I would love a Battle of Kursk mode where you can use just the tank that were featured during such battles like lots of T34 and Panzer4s with a few Tigers, Panthers and KV1 in there too along with a few of the lessor mentioned TDs of the battle. Ah but you might say, that would not be fair because a Tiger and Panther are superior tanks to the T34 and the KV1. True but I would suggest the teams made of 100 battles in total would be split as to be somewhat realistic and fun lets say 65 Russian tanks vs 35 German tanks. I'd happily take my chances popping T34's at range in my Tiger or Panther as they race towards me in numbers, equally I would I'd be happy to chose the T34 or KV1 and try to close the distance with the lemming train(using them for shields lol). 

I'd like some European clashes too where Shermans and Cromwells etc take on German tanks. It would need a bit of thought but I think these historical large scale battles would be great fun and not expensive either as these tanks are tier5-7. Should they include gold rounds? Ideally no

 

aka "historical battles" which failed completly. Yea it was only 15x15 on a normal map but still

Kung_Fu_Chicken #12 Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:33 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 2579 battles
  • 13
  • [TAC-2] TAC-2
  • Member since:
    05-11-2016
They can't even patch a game correctly, this game will not improve with WG in charge of it.

FAME_skill4ltu #13 Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:41 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29920 battles
  • 997
  • [FAME] FAME
  • Member since:
    09-23-2012

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 16 August 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

7 years, and people still go to valley of Lakeville?

 

I wonder why we don't get nice things...

 

why do people still think going valley is not working

Vanezza #14 Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:58 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 38403 battles
  • 360
  • Member since:
    03-06-2012

Of course it's a shame.

Check out WOT Console Game maps

 


Edited by Vanezza, 16 August 2017 - 10:59 AM.


StinkyStonky #15 Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:18 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 26977 battles
  • 1,921
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC
  • Member since:
    11-02-2015

So apart from clan wars, strongholds, rampage, historical, confrontation, frontline, tank football, space balls, chaffee racing, WW1 armored car mode, 8bit arty mode, ranked battles, team battles and 30v30 coming soon ...

 

WHAT have the Romans WG ever done for us ?

 

 



Balc0ra #16 Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:36 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64429 battles
  • 15,452
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

You do know there have been more then 3 modes? But most modes fail badly and were more or less removed rather fast. Historical battles was failure since everyone wanted to play the Tiger II, that was limited to 2 pr team, vs mostly stock Hellcats and Easy 8's. And when 90% of the people in wait is in a Tiger II, the battle won't start. Then you had rampage that was full of rigging for the reward tank. So that was dead rather fast to as most left the mode when they noticed that. Then you had Confrontation that was nation vs nation. But when one team is full of ISU-152's and IS-3  vs Cent 1 and Caernarvon's. Or Stug's vs T67's. You kinda did see fast why that did not work either.

 

It's like new maps. Everyone complains they are not getting any. Then everyone complains about the new maps being crap when they finally get it. And then the same people rage when they remove them. New modes have more or less been the same.



gullungen #17 Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:38 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24495 battles
  • 411
  • [NTRS] NTRS
  • Member since:
    12-10-2011

View PostStinkyStonky, on 16 August 2017 - 11:18 AM, said:

So apart from clan wars, strongholds, rampage, historical, confrontation, frontline, tank football, space balls, chaffee racing, WW1 armored car mode, 8bit arty mode, ranked battles, team battles and 30v30 coming soon ...

 

WHAT have the Romans WG ever done for us ?

 

 

 

Provided you with a game that you've played 18k games on, and continues to play even when you whine about stuff.

Edited by gullungen, 16 August 2017 - 11:38 AM.


unhappy_bunny #18 Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:05 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17926 battles
  • 2,463
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View Postgullungen, on 16 August 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

 

Provided you with a game that you've played 18k games on, and continues to play even when you whine about stuff.

 

I don't think he was whingeing at all. I think that was a humorous remark based of Life of Brian, prompted by the ill-thought out OP claiming WG have given nothing.

I suggest you go and watch the film, in particular the scene where they are discussing"what have the Romans ever done for us". 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users