Just What Makes Sacred Valley And Ensk So Annoying?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:31 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20671 battles

And they are annoying but what is it exactly? I think I feel more confident on them noways but still clumsy and awkward at times, if I never saw either again that wouldn't be a bad thing!!

lord_chipmonk #2 Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:34 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33210 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
Well, Ensk is very small, so if you're in anything other than a heavy...

RaxipIx #3 Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28495 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I find ensk so so, playable . But sacred valley is one of the worst maps ever. And abbey, even kharkov is better then those 2.

Lycopersicon #4 Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:52 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10600 battles
I always feel totally lost in these maps (and in Fjords). Somehow these maps seem to lack obvious good positions; the player has to be very flexible and react to the game very quickly in order to be even remotely useful while avoiding immediate disaster, and I'm just much too slow for this.

Enforcer1975 #5 Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:56 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20559 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 16 August 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

Well, Ensk is very small, so if you're in anything other than a heavy...

It can be interesting when you are in a fast tank. To my susprise there were many games where the town area was almost empty because everybody and his dog seems to find the railyard area where the buildings are more interesting than anything else. I could flank through the town and shoot them in the sides and rear.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:58 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64364 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Enks is one of those maps that really should not be on high tiers. But when you play a slow HT on high tiers, you are suddenly reminded that it's not the worst. As it don't take 3 min to get to the front then.

Kupsztas #7 Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20533 battles
  • [PUNKS] PUNKS

The real problem with Ensk is that tanks with poor camo are insta-spotted when moving across the railway, unless they take a longer trip and go as close to red line as possible. 

That's why high tiers shouldn't see Ensk. 

Of course, if one has any brain he will ride further from the trains (more than 445m from enemy), but fellow teammates often quickly vanish and can't serve as a meatshield later.

FluffyRedFox #8 Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:02 PM

General

• Player
  • 22569 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

Ensk is tiny and extremely annoying if you're in anything but a well armoured heavy tank. 

What makes Sacred Valley annoying for me is the boosting [edited]you get on it, wasting half the game mountain goating being useless.

Enforcer1975 #9 Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20559 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKupsztas, on 16 August 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

The real problem with Ensk is that tanks with poor camo are insta-spotted when moving across the railway, unless they take a longer trip and go as close to red line as possible.

Of course, if one has any brain he will ride further from the trains (more than 445m from enemy), but fellow teammates often quickly vanish and can't serve as a meatshield later.

Same with Mines. You can easily spot a few tanks in Encounter mode when they try to cross from west to get to the hill. The enemy lost 2 tanks in one game because i went to the bushes on 3 line on the south end.

The maps should be a lot bigger than what your render distance can cover. f.e. the Redshire hill is dominating quite a bit with a good 360° area of fire when you have it. Only the obstacles like the castle or the obviously artifial ridgeline found on almost every open map protect players from sideshots.

Edited by Enforcer1975, 16 August 2017 - 01:10 PM.

PowJay #10 Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34938 battles
Ensk is the lemming off to town and largely ignoring the rail yard and field. It's like only 25% of the map is being used at any one time.

NervosCuNervii #11 Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21833 battles
  • [D57T] D57T
I like Ensk regardless of the tank I play. I find it more attractive than Mines and Erlenberg.

However, the maps you listed also have a snowball effect, as in if a flank fails it will bite you in the a** real soon. But I agree that Mines, Ensk and other small maps (small as in playable area or overall dimensions) shouldn't be present at tier 7+.

thestaggy #12 Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14841 battles

None of them are as bad as Paris. Paris is the one map I can't actually ever recall having a good game on. I've tried everything and it all goes badly.

suvicze #13 Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19297 battles
  • [CS-TB] CS-TB
Well sacred valley I dont mind that much, mostly because it is big enough and with current design there really arent any proper td camping spots at the base except through boosting and only at one side and most td cant even get there anyway, maybe swedish and e25 so you can somewhat move around and you dont feel helpless in anything but heavy armored tank like on Ensk though its main problem is simply the size, why they havent removed it from  high tiers yet is beyond me when they did it with few other maps. Make it for T6 max and it is fine but with t10 able to spot people on the other side of the map while only need to move like 20m from spawn it is stupid.

lord_chipmonk #14 Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33210 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostEnforcer1975, on 16 August 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

It can be interesting when you are in a fast tank. To my susprise there were many games where the town area was almost empty because everybody and his dog seems to find the railyard area where the buildings are more interesting than anything else. I could flank through the town and shoot them in the sides and rear.

True, especially in encounter, though always risky. 

TungstenHitman #15 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:29 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20671 battles

View PostLycopersicon, on 16 August 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

I always feel totally lost in these maps (and in Fjords). Somehow these maps seem to lack obvious good positions; the player has to be very flexible and react to the game very quickly in order to be even remotely useful while avoiding immediate disaster, and I'm just much too slow for this.

Same, Fjords I don't know what the hell I'm doing most the time.. I just go to the middle regardless of which side I start from. If I start from the right, arty and TDs go to the peninsula overlooking the the two choke points and some of the the middle, heavies go to south choke point and you get a few tanks go up the north flank, not sure how that usually plays out. I got the the bushes in the middle with the big bolder and usually snipe a few tanks as they head towards the bushes that overlook the pond and village, then see how it goes from there, usually bad tbh lol!

Starting from the left side the arty goes behind the cap at the other side of that bay thingy, heavies usually move to that choke point south while most head up and around the map. If the heavies win the south choke point battle they push on through only to get wrecked by the arty and TD nest on the peninsula. I usually go to the middle again and to the bushes between the hills that overlook the lake and can catch some heavies making their way through the town towards the south choke point but I am at the mercy of the other teams tank distribution and it can go really well or horribly wrong fast. Sometimes starting from the left side I might take a chance on that north corridor passage around the back of the map that goes all the way to the enemy cap. sometimes the opposing team might have no tanks heading that way at all and you can really cause big problems taking out the arty and td peninsula, other times you will be met right at the opening of that north passage by several tanks and it can go horribly wrong with no support.

What I have noticed about Fjords is that mountain goating around that hill in the middle near the lake seems to very popular now so my choices are even more limited and you will regularly encounter a Cromwell mountain goating the north passage regularly enough too.. its always a Cromwell.. wonder if it's the same guy lol

Edited by TungstenHitman, 16 August 2017 - 02:33 PM.

TungstenHitman #16 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:40 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20671 battles

View PostKupsztas, on 16 August 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

omg that always happens lol!! starting north I usually either try an land a few shots from that raised pile of rubble that just about makes your gun clear the tops of the ridges and bumps in the field while farming a few tanks that make their way up through that series of buildings on the right side of the train tracks beside the field. I may also go to that sniping point on the far left that looks straight down all the way to the other side of the map uninterrupted where I hopefully land a few shots and kills until I get shot in the face once too many times and move off into the crazy mess of buildings where I invariably get shot through one of the gaps and always wonder how the hell he managed that shot that I thought was not on or else I wouldn't have driven across that way but I ALWAYS get clipped lol. the worst thing to do is stop or go back to get even because this leads to more pain, getting tracked and killed 99 times out of 100 

Browarszky #17 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:53 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15980 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostLycopersicon, on 16 August 2017 - 10:52 AM, said:

I know the feeling.

You have to ask yourself what kind of incompetent commander would send his tanks into the kind of terrain that many maps have.

Hammerhead20 #18 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25370 battles

What makes it so annoying?

That moment when you see how your team's HT's getting wrecked in the first 3 mins. of the battle.

Once it happens, the battle most of the times will be lost...

Edited by Hammerhead20, 16 August 2017 - 03:00 PM.

Tr0gledyte #19 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18596 battles
Sacred Valley is okay, but Ensk should stop at tier 6. It's just too small..  everyone has enough viewrange to spot the entire map, this screws over lightly armored vehicles that rely on camo/viewrange.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users