Jump to content


Primo Victoria // Strv 81 "Sabaton"


  • Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

_EXODUZ_ #1 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:21 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35403 battles
  • 1,941
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    11-05-2014

What do you guys think about this new prem tank? Is there some talk of the Swedish MT line that I've missed?

 

230 avg dmg, thanks no... :facepalm:

 

That crew tho... :teethhappy:

 

 

Spoiler

 



lord_chipmonk #2 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:21 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34389 battles
  • 10,259
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012
As a fan of the band, I am sorely tempted...

qpranger #3 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:23 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 33677 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
Just a Centurion rehash with some rock band faces, I sure hope the crew voices are normal and not stupid rock groans.

lord_chipmonk #4 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:24 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34389 battles
  • 10,259
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

View Postqpranger, on 16 August 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

Just a Centurion rehash with some rock band faces, I sure hope the crew voices are normal and not stupid rock groans.

 

I just hope they got the band to do the voices. 

_EXODUZ_ #5 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:27 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35403 battles
  • 1,941
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    11-05-2014

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 16 August 2017 - 02:24 PM, said:

 

I just hope they got the band to do the voices. 

 

They did. It's confirmed.

qpranger #6 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:27 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 33677 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 16 August 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

 

I just hope they got the band to do the voices. 

 

Dear God please no,

those guys sound so corny,

worse than Manowar even.

 

 



Aikl #7 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:31 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25950 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 16 August 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

View Postqpranger, on 16 August 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

Just a Centurion rehash with some rock band faces, I sure hope the crew voices are normal and not stupid rock groans.

 

I just hope they got the band to do the voices. 

 

They did indeed. Not badly done, but quite bland. I expected it to be far more cheesy, even if it adds a little bit to the feeling.

 

I extracted the voices from the client and put them into a 5MB (!) .rar if you're curious.

https://goo.gl/TpwwEU

 

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 16 August 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

What do you guys think about this new prem tank? Is there some talk of the Swedish MT line that I've missed?

 

230 avg dmg, thanks no... :facepalm:

 

Haha, doubtful. The 81 is a cheap tank to make and balance, though, seeing as it's a Centurion I. The branding is there to make it more appealing - like you said there's no real reason to get it.

 

The real solution is replacing British crew voices with the Sabaton ones and applying the skin to the Cent I and 7/1. 20-pounder doesn't really make me excited either, so.

 


Edited by Aikl, 16 August 2017 - 02:34 PM.


_EXODUZ_ #8 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:37 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35403 battles
  • 1,941
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    11-05-2014

View PostAikl, on 16 August 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

 

They did indeed. Not badly done, but quite bland. I expected it to be far more cheesy, even if it adds a little bit to the feeling.

 

I extracted the voices from the client and put them into a 5MB (!) .rar if you're curious.

https://goo.gl/TpwwEU

 

 

Haha, doubtful. The 81 is a cheap tank to make and balance, though, seeing as it's a Centurion I. The branding is there to make it more appealing - like you said there's no real reason to get it.

 

The real solution is replacing British crew voices with the Sabaton ones and applying the skin to the Cent I and 7/1. 20-pounder doesn't really make me excited either, so.

 

 

Here's the model, mate. Already available.

 

https://yadi.sk/d/s-iHgZIb3M4PWj

https://wot.express/...trv-81-sabaton/



JocMeister #9 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:37 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 23864 battles
  • 2,177
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015

Love the band. Seen them 4 or 5 times now. Not going to buy a tier 8 prem with the current MM though. 



Sfinski #10 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:38 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 32198 battles
  • 2,734
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013

There would be so many better Swedish bands... Sabaton is just meh. Inaccurate lyrics about wars 'n stuff is enough I guess...

 

I even prefer todays In Flames over Sabaton. 

 

I want Bloodbath themed tank next!:



Aiston #11 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:47 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 19184 battles
  • 1,409
  • Member since:
    03-26-2013
They've used the wrong tank in the advertisement video.

qpranger #12 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:49 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 33677 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

Sabaton should really work harder on their song titles.

I mean when you see a title like "The Ballad of Bull",

it kind of undermines the seriousness of the actual song.



Ceeb #13 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:50 PM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 30823 battles
  • 5,387
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View Postqpranger, on 16 August 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

Just a Centurion rehash with some rock band faces, I sure hope the crew voices are normal and not stupid rock groans.

 

Well, its not technically a rehash, the Swedes had this tank and it served them well for years. 

 

I want it but without the band crap on it as it will have the post buffs that were promised to the centurian line, And the fact after selling a watch on line, I have money ready in my PayPal account for this  (again, not with the band crap on it) 

 

 



anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #14 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:53 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,451
  • Member since:
    10-12-2018

I hope they'll release a Swedish medium line in the future, it'll make my Strv autoloading premium useful. Other than that I'm not interested in this tank even though I like the band. It's obvious WG is cashing in on Sabaton's popularity among its fanbase.

 

EDIT: If they let Joakim do voice acting for the crew I might buy this..  lol.


Edited by Tr0gledyte, 16 August 2017 - 02:55 PM.


Karasu_Hidesuke #15 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:54 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16170 battles
  • 3,975
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

Does it come with loudspeakers?

 

Why is it called 'Primo Victoria'? Sounds more like a Toyota family car than a tank...


Edited by Browarszky, 16 August 2017 - 02:57 PM.


SABAOTH #16 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:56 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36802 battles
  • 2,915
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View PostTr0gledyte, on 16 August 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

I hope they'll release a Swedish medium line in the future, it'll make my Strv autoloading premium useful. Other than that I'm not interested in this tank even though I like the band. It's obvious WG is cashing in on Sabaton's popularity among its fanbase.

 

EDIT: If they let Joakim do voice acting for the crew I might buy this..  lol.

 

Indeed it's a moneygrab.

 

I might buy it if it is shameless overpowered. TO go through the paint of the centurion I once again ... no thanks. :coin:



Aikl #17 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:57 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25950 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostSfinski, on 16 August 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

There would be so many better Swedish bands... Sabaton is just meh. Inaccurate lyrics about wars 'n stuff is enough I guess...

 

I even prefer todays In Flames over Sabaton. 

 

I want Bloodbath themed tank next!:

(...)

 

It's a bit about picking 'accessible' bands, I guess, else they could use Marduk, which on the original cover of Panzer Division Marduk even used a Stridsvagn (a 104, but close enough):

 

 

 

 


Edited by Aikl, 16 August 2017 - 02:57 PM.


Balc0ra #18 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:58 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 67308 battles
  • 17,039
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Well going by the music video..... It seems to be superior at fighting vs tier 4 German tanks. 

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #19 Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:59 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,451
  • Member since:
    10-12-2018

View PostAikl, on 16 August 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

 

It's a bit about picking 'accessible' bands, I guess, else they could use Marduk, which on the original cover of Panzer Division Marduk even used a Stridsvagn (a 104, but close enough):

 

 

 

 

 

Marduk is too extreme. Sabaton is easier on the ears and has a more "mainstream" sound that will appeal to more people, even those who don't really like metal. Also, Sabaton is very popular.

Aikl #20 Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:00 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25950 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostSABAOTH, on 16 August 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

 

Indeed it's a moneygrab.

 

I might buy it if it is shameless overpowered. TO go through the paint of the centurion I once again ... no thanks. :coin:

 

Won't be OP, but at least it has good shell velocity and turret armor. On the other hand, the Centurion I and 7/1 are likely to get that soonTM too, so...

 

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 16 August 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

 

Here's the model, mate. Already available.

 

https://yadi.sk/d/s-iHgZIb3M4PWj

https://wot.express/...trv-81-sabaton/

 

 

Oh, thanks, saves me the trouble. Modified the audio file myself, might be a 'in action' clip of the 7/1 later (if I can manage).






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users