• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

Kayi4ek #1 Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:10 PM

WoT Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 17676 battles

POPULAR

Fellow tankers!

With great scrutiny we studied the document with Clan Wars Community suggestions that you had posted on the forum.

We'll state it straight off: the upcoming season will undergo significant changes, following analysis of your suggestions. Some of them can be implemented at this point, while others unfortunately cannot—they either require a more in-depth research than it seems at a first glance or do not fit into the new season, details on which are below.

The Concept of the Season

The core idea of the season will be the return to the pattern when gold is earned for possession of provinces and main battles take place on the strategical level.

Let's take a look at how we aim to achieve the above.

Profitability Zones

As per your suggestions, we divided the Tier X front into three virtual profitability zones, from east to west, with increasing amounts of gold earned. We had to provide all profitability rates for all four Prime Time zones. As a result, profitability zones are placed vertically, while Prime Time zones go horizontally. The number of provinces also conforms to what you suggested. Let's take a look at the image below to get a better understanding of the changes:

Tier X Front

Spoiler

Tier VIII Front

Spoiler

Sadly, at this moment it is impossible to join Tier VIII and X fronts. So Tier VIII front will be separate. 

Landings

We placed landing zones at the edges of the map, as you described. Now there are no landings at the center of the front area, and the only way to get to the center of the map at once is through mutinies.

Here we encountered difficulties when trying to accommodate the number of landings required to satisfy the needs of the community into each of the Prime Time zones, and because of this some of the front borders are comprised of landings exclusively.

Moreover, the map will have no auctions at all. This is how landings will be placed across Prime Time zones:

Tier X Front

Spoiler

Tier VIII Front

Spoiler

Tasks

We removed all tasks that rewarded with Victory Points and significantly cut tasks that rewarded with gold, both in income and the number of repetitions. Remaining gold was redistributed as income for holding provinces.

Now even if a clan completes all monthly tasks available on the map, it will earn less than province income in the least profitable zone of the Tier X front. Besides, most tasks are aimed at victories and capturing landings.

In general, now tasks hold most value for clans that are new to the Global Map and should not distract veteran clans from the main objective of Global Map: battle for provinces.

What We Cannot Do Now

Primarily, we cannot abandon profitability limits and add restrictions on the number of Divisions. This requires additional development and we will only be able to get back to this issue in one of the future seasons.

We also need to give such changes a careful consideration. Currently the main issue is seen in the fact that even with limited number of Divisions, a strong clan could be able to hold a lot of provinces because no opponents would dare to attack such clan.

We should also mention penalties for missed battles, which will also remain effective in the current season. First of all, given removal of tasks that earn Victory Points, their negative consequences will diminish significantly, because the only penalty that will remain is increased Division cost. However, Divisions are obtained for Influence, and everyone has it in abundance (Influence will require a separate consideration whether to remove it entirely or change it somehow).

Besides, as we see it, the best way-out would be to combine the mechanics of  limiting profitability or Divisions with penalties. For example, if you do not defend your provinces, you have fewer Divisions available or decreased profitability. But this requires extensive elaboration and cannot be implemented for the upcoming season.

Season Timeline

To implement all the changes described above, we need more time. The start of the season will shift a bit, and with a confidence degree of 90% we can say that it will be August 28. The exact date will be announced a bit later.

Moreover, during the season, the Global Map will only be frozen for one day when game updates are released—other than that, the Map will always be available.

We will also try to minimize the duration of breaks between seasons.

Large-Scale Event 

Once the Sixth Season on the Global Map ends, a large-scale event for hardcore Clan Warriors is planned at Tier X, with new mechanics and awards. We are considering starting it in November. At the moment, we cannot share all details—the event is still in development, and its features may undergo changes.

Silas001 #2 Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47589 battles
  • [JUST] JUST

However disgruntled we are with WG EU, I have to admit good job on this one and I think it is totally worth the delay compared to other servers when we get a better version of CW.

And WG EU being the only office to go significantly out of line to provide us with a better version of CW gives me back some faith into the WG-staff. Special props for that.

Of course I look forward to read the full rules to see whether something still got screwed up. ;)

Disclaimer: What I do not appreciate is the continuing complete refusal of you (WG) to engage in any communication with players. That definetely needs to change. Even after asking for questions (Gepard) the community and their questions were ignored.

Continue this style of work, keep your players/customers informed and do not fall back into old patterns of ignoring the community and we will be a much happier community. :)

Best would be right now to improve the communications with players.

- Silas

Edited by Silas001, 18 August 2017 - 02:15 PM.

Hooshee #3 Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35397 battles
  • [VAD-V] VAD-V

Thanks for the information. The only thing I'm sceptical about is the landings-only-on-edge, as I personally think it will lead to multi clan alliances in the Centre of the map, which cannot be moved after a short amount of time, while if they risk losing a landing, and not able to have it back by attacking from ground made a healthy rotation, but let's give it a try, I assume it's not a big deal to rearrange the landings if it's not going to be working well.

Appreciate the job done, actually cannot wait to start CW again, too bad that the whole summer is gone :(

Hooshee #4 Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35397 battles
  • [VAD-V] VAD-V
One more question, what about tank locking?

Gepard_PH #5 Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:35 PM

Publishing Producer

• WG Staff
  • 20029 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostHooshee, on 18 August 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

One more question, what about tank locking?

Tank locking will be back on (with simplified rules).

xvmConfigError404_StatNF #6 Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3486 battles

Congratulations, guys.

This is only a first step, but it is definitely a step in the right direction. And the delay in season launch was used well - there are features that were not introduced on RU server because of shortage of time.

We will monitor what happens on your map with a great interest. In RU region Contras sieged the map, but in EU the dynamics will be clear. 

Good luck and good fight.

Edited by xvmConfigError404_StatNF, 18 August 2017 - 03:04 PM.

Dont_HEAT_Me__Its_A_Trap #7 Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18918 battles
  • [-FREI] -FREI
Great Job, WG *THUMBS UP!* Love u *Kiss* ;)

Silas001 #8 Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47589 battles
  • [JUST] JUST

Just a little question. It kinda looks like the map got smaller in terms of total amount of provinces since a year ago.

It feels like we used to have a lot more space - even without the Tier6-front that got removed this season (not saying thats bad)

So could someone do the effort and compare the developement of the amount of provinces/tier (tier 10 is what Im most interested in)?

Edited by Silas001, 18 August 2017 - 03:07 PM.

juzzixx #9 Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:06 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30070 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Looks interesting, happy of removing importance of tasks!

FireflyDivision #10 Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:08 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24134 battles
  • [ARKT] ARKT

WG, I have got three words for you: I LOVE YOU

Thank you very much for listening to the community! I cannot wait to play CWs again! It's going to be alot of fun! :)

mango91 #11 Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 41336 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

I don't play competitive CW since 2013-early 2014.

Back on those days there were the "chips" (1 for each private, 15 to be deployed to place an attack, you got what I mean I hope) to determine how many battles a clan could fight in a certain amount of time

is this thing still working?

04ahgy #12 Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43223 battles
  • [VTEPS] VTEPS
Seem to be interesting even now, just keep pushing it as it is now WG guys, we can't wait to have further, more detailed informations! Probably there will be an interesting, fun to play CW season!

Silas001 #13 Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47589 battles
  • [JUST] JUST

View Postmango91, on 18 August 2017 - 03:13 PM, said:

I don't play competitive CW since 2013-early 2014.

Back on those days there were the "chips" (1 for each private, 15 to be deployed to place an attack, you got what I mean I hope) to determine how many battles a clan could fight in a certain amount of time

is this thing still working?

Kinda related to this:

View PostKayi4ek, on 17 August 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

What We Cannot Do Now

Primarily, we cannot abandon profitability limits and add restrictions on the number of Divisions. This requires additional development and we will only be able to get back to this issue in one of the future seasons.

We also need to give such changes a careful consideration. Currently the main issue is seen in the fact that even with limited number of Divisions, a strong clan could be able to hold a lot of provinces because no opponents would dare to attack such clan.

We should also mention penalties for missed battles, which will also remain effective in the current season. First of all, given removal of tasks that earn Victory Points, their negative consequences will diminish significantly, because the only penalty that will remain is increased Division cost. However, Divisions are obtained for Influence, and everyone has it in abundance (Influence will require a separate consideration whether to remove it entirely or change it somehow).

Besides, as we see it, the best way-out would be to combine the mechanics of  limiting profitability or Divisions with penalties. For example, if you do not defend your provinces, you have fewer Divisions available or decreased profitability. But this requires extensive elaboration and cannot be implemented for the upcoming season.

So the amount of divisions/battles is not limited by the amount of members [or anything else] ... for now.

Edited by Silas001, 18 August 2017 - 03:20 PM.

Hooshee #14 Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35397 battles
  • [VAD-V] VAD-V

View PostSilas001, on 18 August 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

Just a little question. It kinda looks like the map got smaller in terms of total amount of provinces since a year ago.

It feels like we used to have a lot more space - even without the Tier6-front that got removed this season (not saying thats bad)

So could someone do the effort and compare the developement of the amount of provinces/tier (tier 10 is what Im most interested in)?

248 T10 territories, if I counter well. I dont Know the current number.

mango91 #15 Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 41336 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

View PostSilas001, on 18 August 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

So the amount of divisions/battles is not limited by the amount of members [or anything else] ... for now.

I read those lines but didn't make the link between Divisions and "chips"

Thanks

DestR_on_T1LT #16 Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 50313 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
Finally the good old tank locking is back :honoring: 

Hooshee #17 Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35397 battles
  • [VAD-V] VAD-V

Two more questions:

-as there are no landings, will there be revolts in the centre of map?

-What time zones will we have?

brumbarr #18 Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
GJ WG EU, tnx for listening to our feedback, lets hope it works in practice as well as in theory.

brumbarr #19 Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostHooshee, on 18 August 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

Two more questions:

-as there are no landings, will there be revolts in the centre of map?

-What time zones will we have?

I quote:

Block Quote

Now there are no landings at the center of the front area, and the only way to get to the center of the map at once is through mutinies. ( revolts)

Daggerheart #20 Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 38331 battles
  • [UNICA] UNICA

Huh? If a good clan hold many areas it can get attacked by several clans and cant field enough teams to defend (= will lose areas), WG... you understand this??  And... if they dont field enough teams to defend all their provinces they get penalty?? EHHHH? The penalty is of course that they lose their province (and a stack if they have chips there).

One of the main things about CW is that it should be shaped in such a way that it gives status to the best/hard working clans. Status is really the most interesting to fight for, since the gold income would not "cover" the time spent either way... Getting new tanks is not the most fun for skilled clans... its getting some gold and status!

I really think the EU map should have only 3 time zones. The eastmost time zone was too early for most EU clans. Its better that the battles are abit later on the evening than too early... the old four time zone system excluded the majority of the EU clans from the eastern most time zone...

I also believe in fog of war, but you must know how many tanks that the enemy have. The reason for fog of war is that it opens more tactic approaches to maps.

The other thing WG have to change is Stronghold 10 min battles for tier X to 15 min, 10 min can works on tier 8... but not for tier 10. WG tried to fight on Mountain pass with enemy camping with 15 mauses? and only 10 min battle time..???

Edited by Daggerheart, 18 August 2017 - 05:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users