Why is Team Damage allowed?

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

fryster_12 #1 Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41608 battles
  • [U-L] U-L

If anyone can answer that question with a logical answer, that would be great because for the last few months I have been wondering why is team damage an actual feature, in WoT Blitz it is not possible to damage your team mates and from what I have heard it is also not possible to do team damage in the console versions of world of tanks either, so why is team damage a thing? I can understand that if someone is being an a**h*** they need a shell up the backside but what if that shell just does not damage that player.

There is also the fact that if you lose hp by some idiot not even being able to leave the spawn properly its annoying, and the fact that someone accidentally shooting you and you losing some health is also not helpful, so once again what is the reason for team damage being possible?

Here is a replay of a battle don't focus on my terrible gameplay just on the T49 on my team.

http://wotreplays.co...675f610512d7960

cro001 #2 Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27878 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
Because that brigs your attention when you're being dumb.

AliceUnchained #3 Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:34 PM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322

Then by all means, go play Blitz.

So why not focus on your terrible game play? Why do you play terribly? Why are you allowed to play? Why would someone feel compelled to team damage you? Try to answer all those questions first, before demanding an answer for the next question.

laulaur #4 Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46450 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

Please go play Blitz and stop with those stupid ideas to numb this game even more.

WoT is already too much idiot proof, i wand at least some trace of realism in it.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #5 Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44888 battles

View PostAliceUnchained, on 17 August 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

Then by all means, go play Blitz.

So why not focus on your terrible game play? Why do you play terribly? Why are you allowed to play? Why would someone feel compelled to team damage you? Try to answer all those questions first, before demanding an answer for the next question.

What the hell are you talking about??? Did you even watch the replay???

@OP I have no idea why team damage is still a thing but it's one of the stupidest things in this game. The idea of doing team damage 3 times then you turn blue and the fourth shot gets you banned is just dumb. Sorry for your loss and you did what you can with the team you got.

CmdRatScabies #6 Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:59 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35188 battles
Accidental team damage adds to the game.  Players that make a habit of it are rare and don't last long.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #7 Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44888 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 17 August 2017 - 10:59 PM, said:

Accidental team damage adds to the game.

Sure it adds to the game, it adds more stupidity as going to the beach on overlord or the pass in lakeville.

PointZero #8 Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41647 battles

Gameplaywise a few scenarios quickly pop into my mind:

So there can't be 4 tanks effectively snapping shots in the same corner since there is no risk of dealing dmg to the guy driving in front of you to snap his shot, so people think twice before snapping a shot when there's allies inside their aim circle, so there isn't 5 derp shots flying your way when you are brawling with someone, so you can use tanks that pose no danger to you frontally as a shield against guys who can pen you since they risk hitting him.

Because of the people who play this game:

Blocking, troll platoons boxing other tanks in, using the tanks gun to block every shot friendly SPG tries to take, using your hull/turret/barrel to "catch shots" so that your platoonmate gets the kills, ramming others to mess their aim for kills, permatracking allies in the open so they get shot by the enemy team, tracking a player behind hard cover so a platoonmate gets the kill.

AliceUnchained #9 Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:19 PM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 17 August 2017 - 09:51 PM, said:

What the hell are you talking about??? Did you even watch the replay???

@OP I have no idea why team damage is still a thing but it's one of the stupidest things in this game. The idea of doing team damage 3 times then you turn blue and the fourth shot gets you banned is just dumb. Sorry for your loss and you did what you can with the team you got.

If you have no clue, start by reading the opening post you simpleton. And why would I need to watch the replay? I'm guessing at some point OP with get shot by a team mate? Am I close? 

As for team damage mechanics, give it a try. See if it's always 3 shots before you turn blue and 4 for the suspension. The only dumb thing here is your response. Feel free to sprout more nonsense, but stop quoting me as I'm not interested in reading more of your incoherent, unrelated bull feces.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #10 Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44888 battles

View PostAliceUnchained, on 17 August 2017 - 11:19 PM, said:

If you have no clue, start by reading the opening post you simpleton. And why would I need to watch the replay? I'm guessing at some point OP with get shot by a team mate? Am I close? 

As for team damage mechanics, give it a try. See if it's always 3 shots before you turn blue and 4 for the suspension. The only dumb thing here is your response. Feel free to sprout more nonsense, but stop quoting me as I'm not interested in reading more of your incoherent, unrelated bull feces.

Still no clue OMG!!!

No the OP didn't get hit by a teammate. Watch the replay before you start writing nonsense in a topic you don't understand. Also try to to converse like a human being your only and last warning buddy.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 17 August 2017 - 10:31 PM.

unhappy_bunny #11 Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17409 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Postfryster_12, on 17 August 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

If anyone can answer that question with a logical answer, that would be great because for the last few months I have been wondering why is team damage an actual feature, in WoT Blitz it is not possible to damage your team mates and from what I have heard it is also not possible to do team damage in the console versions of world of tanks either, so why is team damage a thing? I can understand that if someone is being an a**h*** they need a shell up the backside but what if that shell just does not damage that player.

There is also the fact that if you lose hp by some idiot not even being able to leave the spawn properly its annoying, and the fact that someone accidentally shooting you and you losing some health is also not helpful, so once again what is the reason for team damage being possible?

Here is a replay of a battle don't focus on my terrible gameplay just on the T49 on my team.

http://wotreplays.co...675f610512d7960

I would guess the answer is that when the game was devised, Team Damage was seen as a way of identifying trouble makers and being able to punish them. It also reflects reality where "friendly fire" occurred. It also give players a reason to think before acting, i.e. driving in front of another vehicle without looking. 

The console and Blitz versions are a different ball game. They are aimed at the 'shoot-em up' audience, and as they were newer than the PC version, they could be designed differently, running on different engines, on different platforms, so the "extras" like Team Damage may have made those versions less appealing and there may have been other restriction to the programming that meant something had to be left out. 

Of course you cannot legislate for everything, and there are some players who try to find ways around everything. There will always be idiots in the game, those whose idea of fun is to ruin the game for others. That is not a reason to remove Team Damage, it is a reason to remove some players. 

Most players, I think, manage fine with the way this part of the game is constructed. 

If it was removed, would that stop the idiots? No, they would have just as much fun, pushing you out into enemy fire, blocking you in, stopping you from playing. 

anyway, that is just my guess. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #12 Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44888 battles

@unhappy_bunny

Do you think in all honesty, with some of the people responses in this forum, you are safe with current team damage algorithm? :)

unhappy_bunny #13 Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17409 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 17 August 2017 - 10:30 PM, said:

Still no clue OMG!!!

No the OP didn't get hit by a teammate. Watch the replay before you start writing nonsense in a topic you don't understand. Also try to to converse like a human being your only and last warning buddy.

So what is the "or else"? Assuming that giving a last warning means some form of penalty should he ignore it. 

And I am not in a position to watch the replay, so let me into the secret, what happened with the T-49? 

And you also could do with acting/conversing like a human being. Jumping down another players throat like that is hardly the epitome of human behaviour. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #14 Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44888 battles

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 17 August 2017 - 11:38 PM, said:

So what is the "or else"? Assuming that giving a last warning means some form of penalty should he ignore it. 

And I am not in a position to watch the replay, so let me into the secret, what happened with the T-49? 

And you also could do with acting/conversing like a human being. Jumping down another players throat like that is hardly the epitome of human behaviour. 

"else" is answering him in his own vulgar way as you can read his post. As for the replay watch it yourself make an effort.

laulaur #15 Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46450 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 17 August 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

Still no clue OMG!!!

XxKuzkina_MatxX #16 Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44888 battles

View Postlaulaur, on 17 August 2017 - 11:54 PM, said:

What??? i hate bullys :)

Jigabachi #17 Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17753 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

1. Use the search function. We already answered the same question many times.
2. Try to actually THINK about it yourself before you ask. It doesn't need many bouncing braincells to come up with at least two major reasons as to why teamdamage is required in pretty much every borderline "serious" game.
3. Blitz doesn't have it because it's a crappy mobile game.
4. The console version doesn't have it because it's a console game. It's about PC supremacy and stuff.

@ Alice: I actually have no idea what you are on about, either.

Edited by Jigabachi, 17 August 2017 - 11:06 PM.

CmdRatScabies #18 Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:23 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35188 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 17 August 2017 - 10:07 PM, said:

Sure it adds to the game, it adds more stupidity as going to the beach on overlord or the pass in lakeville.

It adds to the complexity of the game & requires more thought.  It's a good thing.

Captain_Kremen0 #19 Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36222 battles
Team damage because its world of badass fighting machines not world of [edited]bunnies.

PowJay #20 Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:46 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33840 battles

Picture this scenario. LT runs into a small group of enemy and three arty drop shells on said group at once. Four dead enemies and the LT runs off completely undamaged. That seems a bit silly to me.

PointZero has covered just about everything: including some I hadn't given much thought to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users