Is it worth buying the Centurion again?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

markthekiller #1 Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16868 battles
  • [EMOJI] EMOJI

I am thinking about buying the Centurion 7/1 again because I liked it back when I had it a couple of months ago. With the top speed buff it got a week after I sold it :angry:, and also the turret buff coming soon, it is even better as when I still had it. But I'm not sure if it's worth buying the 7/1 even with all these buffs. Or is it a better idea to get the Centurion AX? The Centurion 1 is also an option but with the current MM it will probably see a lot of T10 so it won't be as fun. :arta:

I do not have a premium account or a high tier premium tank to get credits quickly (as long as WG keeps releasing broken premiums and overbuffing tanks I won't spend any money :coin:), which means getting those 3.5m credits takes a while for me, so it has to be worth it. 

Villan1 #2 Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23253 battles
  • [PZUNI] PZUNI

I rebought the 7/1 after all the recent buffs. I must say, it's a great fun tank. I loved it before but it's even better now, real beast with the better speed and dpm. I've got the AX as well which is also good fun. I think it's better to get the 7/1 first though as tier-for-tier it's definitely stronger. I found that the increased speed of the 7/1 made it much better than it was before as now you can really adapt to how battles develop. The dpm buff isn't that noticable but it definitley helps.  Especially with the upcoming turret buffs the Centurions will be really good. Definitely recomend getting the 7/1 now, and the AX later :) 

And as the premium of the 7/1 is the HESH, you won't be heatspamming and losing tons of money, like you end up doing in the AX when it's a single tier t10 battle full of Type-5s and Mauses. The only issue with not having HEAT in the 7/1 is penning a Type-4 and 5 when you can't flank, but with the upcomming addition of weakspots to those tanks, your APCR should be enough to pen them. 

Edited by Villan1, 18 August 2017 - 06:21 PM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #3 Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39185 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Go for it, ultimately lead to the CAX, so it's all good :)

kripton69 #4 Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1208 battles
  • [-UM] -UM
The only reason why anyone plays the tier 8-9 Centurions is because of national pride or "because they are real tanks". Unless you're grinding through, gameplay-wise there's no reason whatsoever to touch either one of them even with a 10 feet pole.

markthekiller #5 Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16868 battles
  • [EMOJI] EMOJI

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 18 August 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

Go for it, ultimately lead to the CAX, so it's all good :)

I already unlocked the CAX, It's just because the Centurion 7/1 is my favourite tank (in real life and ingame) and it doesn't have any weaknesses (not after the buffs at least). 

View Postkripton69, on 18 August 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

The only reason why anyone plays the tier 8-9 Centurions is because of national pride or "because they are real tanks". Unless you're grinding through, gameplay-wise there's no reason whatsoever to touch either one of them even with a 10 feet pole.

It's not for grinding, the only reason I'm considering buying them again is because I like them more than any other tank (as explained above). If it was for grinding I would get the M46, which is probably the next tank I'll buy.

Edited by markthekiller, 18 August 2017 - 06:43 PM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #6 Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:41 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39185 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postkripton69, on 18 August 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

Care to explain why? (I'm guessing it's purely a 'stats' thing).

Or is it just that you don't like them?

Solstad1069 #7 Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:45 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41019 battles
Are they doing anything with the dpm?

markthekiller #8 Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:48 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16868 battles
  • [EMOJI] EMOJI

View PostSolstad1069, on 18 August 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

Are they doing anything with the dpm?

No, they only get better frontal turret armor.

kripton69 #9 Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1208 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 18 August 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

Because they're much worse than similar same tier tanks.

SuedKAT #10 Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 18 August 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

I finished the grind of the Cent I and unlocked the 7/1 a couple of days before the most recent buffs and sure it might be better now, but the tier 8 Cent I ain't exactly something I would recommend to anyone, ever, can't comment on the 7/1 though. However if someone enjoy the gameplay of a certain tank and don't care about stats I would recommend that the player picks it up just for the sake of having fun playing the game, heck I played the Chi-Ri for 300+ games since I enjoyed it and only sold it since I needed the credits at the time.

Erwin_Von_Braun #11 Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:20 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39185 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postkripton69, on 18 August 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

Because they're much worse than similar same tier tanks.

in terms of.............

Erwin_Von_Braun #12 Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:22 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39185 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSuedKAT, on 18 August 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

I finished the grind of the Cent I and unlocked the 7/1 a couple of days before the most recent buffs and sure it might be better now, but the tier 8 Cent I ain't exactly something I would recommend to anyone, ever, can't comment on the 7/1 though. However if someone enjoy the gameplay of a certain tank and don't care about stats I would recommend that the player picks it up just for the sake of having fun playing the game, heck I played the Chi-Ri for 300+ games since I enjoyed it and only sold it since I needed the credits at the time.

To this day I have no real idea of what does & doesn't make a good tank.

If I have fun playing it, then that's all that matters :)

HERESEY!!! say the stat whores:izmena:

He prefers FUN to NUMBERS???

Burn the witch!!!:izmena:

kripton69 #13 Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1208 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 19 August 2017 - 12:20 AM, said:

in terms of.............

Everything. Terrible gun handling, bad DPM, unreliable armor and decent mobility. Awful camo. If you want to play a good British tier 9 play the Conqueror.

Erwin_Von_Braun #14 Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:45 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39185 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postkripton69, on 18 August 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

Everything. Terrible gun handling, bad DPM, unreliable armor and decent mobility. Awful camo. If you want to play a good British tier 9 play the Conqueror.

Already do - it's lots of fun:)

I'm guessing ur one of those 'numbers' people?

kripton69 #15 Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1208 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 19 August 2017 - 12:45 AM, said:

Already do - it's lots of fun:)

I'm guessing ur one of those 'numbers' people?

Whats' wrong about that? In some cases a tank gets away with being "unique" like the Ravioli but that just doesn't apply here - the Centurions are very bland. When recommending a tank to someone and it isn't unique where should we start from if not the "numbers"?

The guy is asking if Centurion I or the 7/1 is worth buying back. The biggest favor I can do for the guy is to "be the numbers guy" and tell him how it performs and that it doesn't really do well in any department compared to its peers. This is especially true in tier 9 which is the premier medium tier of the game and you just have so many better options available. Objectively speaking the 7/1 just a bad tier 9 medium with nothing to offer over the other, more powerful tier 9 mediums of which many do the same thing.

The biggest anti-favor I can do is to post a "numberless" opinion with arguments like "it existed in real life unlike e50" or "i liked it, my first tier 9 medium :)" that bring nothing to the table. How can I recommend a tank to someone with reasoning like that? Any post in a discussion like this is worthless if people don't have any facts to back up their opinions. People have different tastes and discussing tastes isn't going anywhere, so it's better that we stick to the objective data such as its gun stats, its armor, its mobility and so forth. The best way to improve the quality of this forum would be punishing people for zero content posts because they are essentially spam. Unfortunately that's probably not going to happen and the people who bring actually valuable content to the forum are seen as the bad guys because they bring up flaws and numbers while the "all tank is as good, only player skill matter :) " guy is allowed to keep posting stuff that not only fails to help anyone, but also harms developing players by planting stupid mantras like that into their heads.

Edited by kripton69, 19 August 2017 - 12:34 PM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #16 Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:37 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39185 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postkripton69, on 19 August 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

Whats' wrong about that? In some cases a tank gets away with being "unique" like the Ravioli but that just doesn't apply here - the Centurions are very bland. When recommending a tank to someone and it isn't unique where should we start from if not the "numbers"?

The guy is asking if Centurion I or the 7/1 is worth buying back. The biggest favor I can do for the guy is to "be the numbers guy" and tell him how it performs and that it doesn't really do well in any department compared to its peers. This is especially true in tier 9 which is the premier medium tier of the game and you just have so many better options available. Objectively speaking the 7/1 just a bad tier 9 medium with nothing to offer over the other, more powerful tier 9 mediums of which many do the same thing.

The biggest anti-favor I can do is to post a "numberless" opinion with arguments like "it existed in real life unlike e50" or "i liked it, my first tier 9 medium :)" that bring nothing to the table. How can I recommend a tank to someone with reasoning like that? Any post in a discussion like this is worthless if people don't have any facts to back up their opinions. People have different tastes and discussing tastes isn't going anywhere, so it's better that we stick to the objective data such as its gun stats, its armor, its mobility and so forth. The best way to improve the quality of this forum would be punishing people for zero content posts because they are essentially spam. Unfortunately that's probably not going to happen and the people who bring actually valuable content to the forum are seen as the bad guys because they bring up flaws and numbers while the "all tank is as good, only player skill matter :) " guy is allowed to keep posting stuff that not only fails to help anyone, but also harms developing players by planting stupid mantras like that into their heads.

And that, right there, is the major problem with public forums and other human beings!

You just cannot punish people for speaking because you don't like what they say - that, my good man, is called fascism - a few people tried that once & it didn't work out too well ;)

somegras #17 Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:02 PM

General

• Player
  • 49765 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 19 August 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

And that, right there, is the major problem with public forums and other human beings!

You just cannot punish people for speaking because you don't like what they say - that, my good man, is called fascism - a few people tried that once & it didn't work out too well ;)

You just totally ignored his valid argument by calling him a fascist. GG.

JocMeister #18 Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 23995 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 19 August 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

You don´t happen to work as a journalist do you?

Ignore all the facts and arguments and just accuse anyone not agreeing with you of being a "fascist". :child:

The_Georgian_One #19 Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38053 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN

Back on topic...I have all 3 Cents, actually re-bough Mark I and 7/1 after buying AX with a plan to 3-mark them. I'm on 90% with Mark I now.

Both tanks have their flaws. There are better meds on tier 8 and 9. Does this make them bad? Hell no! Should you re-buy them? If you enjoy the playstyle - hell yes! 

If you only have credits for one of them, I'd go for 7/1. Mostly due to the matchmaking, but also because of gun pen and alpha. And it looks sexier too.

kripton69 #20 Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1208 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 19 August 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

Fascism? Sorry man, must be the aryan genes.

The reason why writing zero value content should be penalized is because spamming is against the rules and that's exactly what it is. Posting content that's not relevant, constructive or helpful in any way and that fills threads with posts that are either complete waste of time to read, or in some cases even damaging for the guy who started the thread.

I think a much bigger problem with public forums and other human beings than "fascists" like me are the people who have zero critique about anything, who think every opinion is equal regardless of the merits, who take everything at face value, who stick to their opinion forever no matter how many times it's shown to them to be wrong, yet who are happily sharing these opinions time after time. You know the "its my opinion :)" people who never have any "whys" or "hows" or any factual or objective basis for their arguments. Just "my opinion :) "

The thing with people like you is that I can show you all the numbers and objective data but you'd just ignore it all and say "its ur opinion, i have mine :) " without any counter-arguments and not learn a thing from it. So it's pointless.

Edited by kripton69, 19 August 2017 - 05:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users