xvm zoom mod

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

SABAOTH #1 Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:55 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36318 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

Out of curiosity, I am curious if there is some mod that helps you with snapshots.

I am experiencing from time to time some really bad players, completely oblivious, sitting in the open that I am pounding behind cover unspotted, when all of a sudden got spotted by one of their teamates and they immediatly turn the turret and snapshot weakspots in my turret.

I usually feel pretty confident of T 62 A, Obj 140, T 54 or Is 4 turrets, however if I see a gun pointing at me I don't sit still so the weakspots are easy target, even when the player is really really bad I don't like to give him chances. 

Nevertheless I have experinced this from bad players enough often to think there could be some Mod out there that helps with getting a good snapshot in such a short time. I am excluding the player skill because I am referring to those stereotypical 600 WN8 IS -3 / IS - 7 drivers that keep sitting in the open after you take out 75% of their hp even having a nice rock 2 m away. They never move so they are easy kill, but placing 2-3 snapshots 300 m away on the best turrets in game, while continuously wiggling their turret to find targets indicates they might have some helpful mod to make up for their lack of awareness.

I know I can do the same even if Russian guns are a bit derpy, but I need to pre aim were the tank will appear when spotted. I cannot succeed if I am targeting in front, turning the turret 90 dregrees and snapshot a cupola 300 m away like that.

I suspect it could be some mod as these things disappear for a short period after every patch, so in vanilla game they tend fail to score such epic snapshots. And even when I am facing very good players those hits are hard (and they are always preaiming)

I use XVM and Yasen Krasen session statistics, what other mod could help in performing such tasks reliably? Some zoom mod or performance tweaker?

Any idea would be appreciated. :honoring:

Jigabachi #2 Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:01 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17746 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Too much tinfoil involved to write a proper post, so just a little hint:
You should also count how often they miss you.

Kleist_ #3 Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32438 battles
  • [NERVA] NERVA

Yep. Happening to me also. Doesn't depend on tier, class, nation, whatever. 

Was thinking the same thing. Could be a rather large streak of bad luck, but it's rather suspicious coming from your usual tomatoe enemies.

Srsly jigabachi, it is happening more and more. If I'm in Leo or BC or anything I don't care. But when someone snapshots me while in E5 or a Maus, yes I get a bit suspicious. For me, it's the opposite. Cant hit a barn and for the last couple of days, my first shots on target result in a critical hit. Yep tinfoil all over the place.

Edited by Kleist_, 19 August 2017 - 10:03 AM.

ZlatanArKung #4 Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:03 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
Explainable by confirmation bias and accuracy distribution.

When the reticule of that turning tank is as big as your whole tank, a shot taken by him can hit a weakspot.
After all, I have landed shots in KV-2 at 400m with a turning turret.

And you only remember the hits and not the misses.

Enforcer1975 #5 Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:03 AM

General

• Player
  • 18361 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Well there is that matter of aimbot that snaps onto certain spots of a tank when they are visible and i doubt they already have something that blocks that function, that has nothing to do with snapshot then there's the matter of knowing where to shoot and last but not least....lucky shot(s).

ricoBenitez1 #6 Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 506 battles

OMG he killed me he must be using a mod cuz i am too god for him to snapshot and kill me.

So all in one  another missing tinfoil hat topic.

CoDiGGo #7 Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14715 battles
  • [MOARR] MOARR
Replay or didnt happen

SABAOTH #8 Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:09 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36318 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostJigabachi, on 19 August 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

Too much tinfoil involved to write a proper post, so just a little hint:
You should also count how often they miss you.

Why is that tinfoil? Could you elaborate a bit?

I am asking if there are mods that help you to perform a snapshot on turret weakspots behind cover.

You should know is pretty hard to nail those one when preaiming, and when that is coming from bad players that are completely oblivious of your direction even if you shoot them 3 times, keeping their turret straight and not moving, and they immediatly react once you are spotted and snapshot, and that is repeating 2-3 times, I imagine they got some mod that allows them a better visual at least, or highlighting where to shoot to have a chance.

If I get hit in a high tier medium I am doing something wrong, so obviously I am not referring to accuracy or hits, I am referring to mods helping to increase the chance of nailing hull down weakspots.

But I can tell you how much I miss those shots: a lot if the target moves or wiggles, even when preaiming.

Is just too small on my screen to point the target accurately

AliceUnchained #9 Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:13 AM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322
Wasn't there some kind of belief that instantly zooming out after shooting would result in shots going center all the time? I recall hearing/reading about this quite some time ago, and whenever I see replays with players instantly zooming at right at/after firing makes me think of that.

SABAOTH #10 Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:13 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36318 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostricoBenitez1, on 19 August 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

OMG he killed me he must be using a mod cuz i am too god for him to snapshot and kill me.

So all in one  another missing tinfoil hat topic.

I never told about being killed by those guys, I usually finish them off. I might not be that great but definitely better than your 33% WR and 28 WN8. That could explain why you don't get at all what I am asking.

Please refrain to reply if you are clueless and you mistake a question about mods for whine.

Jigabachi #11 Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17746 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSABAOTH, on 19 August 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

I am asking if there are mods that help you to perform a snapshot on turret weakspots behind cover.

You aren't only asking, you are also claiming lots of stuff:

"but placing 2-3 snapshots 300 m away on the best turrets in game, while continuously wiggling their turret to find targets indicates they might have some helpful mod to make up for their lack of awareness."

-> This suggests that you have a replay you watched using a free camera mod. Can we see it, too?

"I suspect it could be some mod as these things disappear for a short period after every patch"

-> Tinfoil.

Edited by Jigabachi, 19 August 2017 - 10:16 AM.

ZlatanArKung #12 Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:15 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostSABAOTH, on 19 August 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

You should know is pretty hard to nail those one when preaiming, and when that is coming from bad players that are completely oblivious of your direction even if you shoot them 3 times, keeping their turret straight and not moving, and they immediatly react once you are spotted and snapshot, and that is repeating 2-3 times, I imagine they got some mod that allows them a better visual at least, or highlighting where to shoot to have a chance.

If I get hit in a high tier medium I am doing something wrong, so obviously I am not referring to accuracy or hits, I am referring to mods helping to increase the chance of nailing hull down weakspots.

But I can tell you how much I miss those shots: a lot if the target moves or wiggles, even when preaiming.

Is just too small on my screen to point the target accurately

Yes there are mods which can put your reticule over said part of the tank.

No, such mods would not increase accuracy and make hits while turning tank/turret more common.

Unless they plays Maus.

There are no mods that makes your gun more accurate, reduces rng or otherwise impact server calculations.

SABAOTH #13 Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:17 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36318 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostJigabachi, on 19 August 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

You aren't only asking, you are also claiming lots of stuff:

"but placing 2-3 snapshots 300 m away on the best turrets in game, while continuously wiggling their turret to find targets indicates they might have some helpful mod to make up for their lack of awareness."

-> This suggests that you have a replay you watched using a free camera mod. Can we see it, too?

Yes, I cannot do it reliably, maxed x8 zoom still is a pretty small taget at that distance. I recall there was some zoom out/in mod long ago, I am asking if that is the case or could help (or if you know any other mod improving the odds).

I don't have a free camera mod (I did not even know there was one), I simply pull back and check where the hit penetrated while I am safe, to make sure I was covering the tank correctly. There is where I see the holes in both cupolas. I only run XVM and Yasen Krasen, as I stated.

Can a free camera mod help with aiming?

Edited by SABAOTH, 19 August 2017 - 10:23 AM.

jabster #14 Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostSABAOTH, on 19 August 2017 - 08:55 AM, said:

Nevertheless I have experinced this from bad players enough often to think there could be some Mod out there that helps with getting a good snapshot in such a short time. I am excluding the player skill because I am referring to those stereotypical 600 WN8 IS -3 / IS - 7 drivers that keep sitting in the open after you take out 75% of their hp even having a nice rock 2 m away. They never move so they are easy kill, but placing 2-3 snapshots 300 m away on the best turrets in game, while continuously wiggling their turret to find targets indicates they might have some helpful mod to make up for their lack of awareness.

Well if they're bad players then the mod is really helping much surely?

SABAOTH #15 Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:26 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36318 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View Postjabster, on 19 August 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

Well if they're bad players then the mod is really helping much surely?

I have problem in aiming small targets at that distance. They are smaller that this _

I am sure there should be a way to improve you odds of hitting it, I used melty maps and that gave a very nice zoom, but it does not exist anymore.

Jigabachi #16 Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17746 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSABAOTH, on 19 August 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

maxed x8 zoom still is a pretty small taget at that distance.

The vanilla game has more zoom. 25x, I think...

Block Quote

I don't have a free camera mod (I did not even know there was one), I simply pull back and check where the hit penetrated while I am safe, to make sure I was covering the tank correctly. There is where I see the holes in both cupolas.

But how exactly can you see your tomato enemy wiggling his turret like an aimbot 300m away then?

SABAOTH #17 Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:44 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36318 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostJigabachi, on 19 August 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

The vanilla game has more zoom. 25x, I think...

But how exactly can you see your tomato enemy wiggling his turret like an aimbot 300m away then?

Vanilla goes x8 maximum.

If the enemy is sitting in the open, completely exposed and you are behind cover, shooting at him and still unspotted (that is obviously more than 300m or you would get spotted after the first shot, not several) is easy to see all the flank of his tank, that is definitely bigger than the hatch on T62A turret.

And aren't aimbots banned? This should not be the case, I was imagining some zoom or hit skin could be the help to score those hits.

Balc0ra #18 Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62764 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Even if they have aim mods, the mods can't control the RNG factor of it, as in where in the dispersion area the shell hits etc. So even with vanilla auto aim turning it for you... you still have a "chance". That and as Jigabachi said... how often do they miss after that first shot?

That said I know there are mods that makes it way faster and easier to turn on the vanilla auto aim. So could be that they use that to increase their "reaction" time. That was allowed on RU back in the day, but not NA. No idea what their stance is on that now tho after they got a more common set of rules.

That and lag and delays can make it seem that some turn their turret faster then they do, as in they had started to turn in 2 seconds ago, your client did not get the memo for it instantly. Just like your shots can go out of the side of the turret on your end etc.

View PostSABAOTH, on 19 August 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

Yes, I cannot do it reliably, maxed x8 zoom still is a pretty small taget at that distance. I recall there was some zoom out/in mod long ago, I am asking if that is the case or could help (or if you know any other mod improving the odds).

View PostSABAOTH, on 19 August 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

Vanilla goes x8 maximum.

In the settings menu now you can turn on 16x and 25x on top of the 8x. So if you have that off, it might explain why some are hitting you better at long distance then you can.

Edited by Balc0ra, 19 August 2017 - 10:52 AM.

ricoBenitez1 #19 Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 506 battles

View PostSABAOTH, on 19 August 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

I never told about being killed by those guys, I usually finish them off. I might not be that great but definitely better than your 33% WR and 28 WN8. That could explain why you don't get at all what I am asking.

Please refrain to reply if you are clueless and you mistake a question about mods for whine.

What 33% see you cant even read numbers and yet you complain about aim mods now i know its weekend so you better stay in bead ubtill you are sober.

SuedKAT #20 Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:54 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSABAOTH, on 19 August 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

Vanilla goes x8 maximum.

Login, press settings, enable this: 

Also tagged with xvm, zoom mod

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users