traverse speed tracked vehicle

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Angel_Arrow #1 Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20204 battles
  • [WOTI] WOTI

Today we had a conversation about vehicles who get a damaged track and the speed reduction that vehicle has. Neither of us could find an exact answer to that question.

On wiki I could find this:

Block Quote

If a track is damaged, the vehicle will move at a reduced speed.

And now the question: how much reduction? Are there numbers about this? I can't find anything and I already checked different sources (tanks.gg, gamemodels3D.com, etc.) On wiki and all the other websites we can find the traverse speeds of all vehicles in the game but there isn't mentioned anything about the reduction when the track gets damaged.

Anybody?

SABAOTH #2 Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:48 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36793 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostAngel_Arrow, on 19 August 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

Today we had a conversation about vehicles who get a damaged track and the speed reduction that vehicle has. Neither of us could find an exact answer to that question.

On wiki I could find this:

And now the question: how much reduction? Are there numbers about this? I can't find anything and I already checked different sources (tanks.gg, gamemodels3D.com, etc.) On wiki and all the other websites we can find the traverse speeds of all vehicles in the game but there isn't mentioned anything about the reduction when the track gets damaged.

Anybody?

No Idea.

It's actually interesting, you could test if the traverse is reduced or the speed or the ground resistance.

It would make sense as different suspension has differente traverse a damaged one might be counted as less effective.

brumbarr #3 Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
Pretty sure it has 0 effect. Just like a dmg viewport has no effect at all.

Eaglax #4 Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:01 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18992 battles

wiki also states

Battle mechanics

Yellow: This state signifies that a module has taken considerable damage (≥50%) but is still operational. Crew members have no yellow state.

• Tracks: No negative effect.

From my personal experience, I don't think there is an actual negative effect...If you wanna be sure you could test it in the training room with your friends

Angel_Arrow #5 Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20204 battles
  • [WOTI] WOTI

View Postbrumbarr, on 19 August 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

Pretty sure it has 0 effect. Just like a dmg viewport has no effect at all.

View PostEaglax, on 19 August 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

wiki also states

From my personal experience, I don't think there is an actual negative effect...If you wanna be sure you could test it in the training room with your friends

But why do we have the possibility then to repair them??? We can test this out but it would be easier if WG could comment on this one.

Eaglax #6 Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:21 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18992 battles

View PostAngel_Arrow, on 19 August 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

But why do we have the possibility then to repair them??? We can test this out but it would be easier if WG could comment on this one.

yellow tracks are much more likely to be destroyed since they lost more than 50% HP, if you *would* repair them, they would have 100% HP again, and will probably take another hit or two before you are detracked.

It's very unlikely that a WG official will answer, at best it would be a community coordinator or a community manager anyway, and I highly doubt that they have any knowledge of detailed ingame physics...

Edited by Eaglax, 19 August 2017 - 02:22 PM.

Angel_Arrow #7 Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20204 battles
  • [WOTI] WOTI

View PostEaglax, on 19 August 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

yellow tracks are much more likely to be destroyed since they lost more than 50% HP, if you *would* repair them, they would have 100% HP again, and will probably take another hit or two before you are detracked.

You've got a point there. 

Block Quote

It's very unlikely that a WG official will answer, at best it would be a community coordinator or a community manager anyway, and I highly doubt that they have any knowledge of detailed ingame physics...

Hmm ... that also could be true but nevertheless really a shame if it was. I don't think answering to this one is the same as revealing classified information. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users