Please explain the rules.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Private_Pearts #1 Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21481 battles
  • [WOPR] WOPR
I am on the defending team in an assault game. The Enemy team begin to cap so I rush into the cap but they continue to cap out. Will the cap timer only stop in encounter mode if the defending team is in the cap as well? ?

Whatsoever #2 Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14515 battles

It won't even stop. Your only bet is to reset it via causing damage to the tank(s) in the cap circle. - Assault mode.

It will stop but not reset. - Encounter mode.

EDIT: Not sure what you meant by "defending team in encounter" because in this game mode there are not attacking or defending teams. Such roles are only assigned to the ally and enemy teams only if the game is Assault.

Tip: you can turn the battle modes off/on when you go to settings>general. Scroll down a bit and look to the left colomn.

Edited by Whatsoever, 19 August 2017 - 04:09 PM.

Private_Pearts #3 Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21481 battles
  • [WOPR] WOPR
Thanks......................

Spurtung #4 Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:05 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61586 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostPrivate_Pearts, on 19 August 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

I am on the defending team in an assault game. The Enemy team begin to cap so I rush into the cap but they continue to cap out. Will the cap timer only stop in encounter mode if the defending team is in the cap as well? ?

Cap only "stops" in encounter because it's a neutral base (hint: the color) and therefore both teams can cap it. Having members of both teams in it means neither is actively capping at the moment, and the cap's counter is frozen for the team that started capping first, until those tanks get reset, of course.

All other caps won't stop by just being in them, as they're being captured by the cap's enemy.

TungstenHitman #5 Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:17 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20700 battles
I also have a cap resetting question. Is the amount of time the cap reduced by effected by the amount of damage done and does the tank you shoot influence the amount of time cap is reset by? For example, sometimes you might pen a tank and it only gets reduced by 5 seconds yet other times it resets by a massive chunk of time so? Also if you shoot a tank was capping for ages vs a tank only just rolled into the cap, is there a bigger amount of time reset to be had by shooting the tank that was capping for ages or does it matter? Often it's impossible to know which tank was capping the longest so I just pick one and shoot it but I've often wondered in those battles where the cap was lost if I had only shot the other tank instead maybe would have got a much larger reset of time?

Emeraldweed #6 Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8788 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

View PostTungstenHitman, on 19 August 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

I also have a cap resetting question. Is the amount of time the cap reduced by effected by the amount of damage done and does the tank you shoot influence the amount of time cap is reset by? For example, sometimes you might pen a tank and it only gets reduced by 5 seconds yet other times it resets by a massive chunk of time so? Also if you shoot a tank was capping for ages vs a tank only just rolled into the cap, is there a bigger amount of time reset to be had by shooting the tank that was capping for ages or does it matter? Often it's impossible to know which tank was capping the longest so I just pick one and shoot it but I've often wondered in those battles where the cap was lost if I had only shot the other tank instead maybe would have got a much larger reset of time?

It depents on how long the capper is there i.e if am capping  for 60 points and someone else in my team enters the cap  and gets killed only the points he accumulated will get deduct from the cap bar

Thats why you give priority to the first who entered the cap since he will have the most points

Edited by Emeraldweed, 19 August 2017 - 04:20 PM.

Spurtung #7 Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:23 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61586 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostTungstenHitman, on 19 August 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

Each tank gets its own counter. When reset that tank loses all of its cap points.

Detracking will do, no need to even cause damage.

narHhallas #8 Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24273 battles
  • [BLUTE] BLUTE
Every tank in the cap cumulates cap points individually. The total cap points are calculated by summing up the cap points of the three tanks with the highest individual cap points.

If you damage a tank, the cap points of the tank are reduced to zero.

The total cap points are then again recalculated as the sum of the three tanks with highest cap points.

That means:
1 tank in cap: total cap points reduced to zero.
2 or 3 tanks in cap: total cap points reduced by the individual amount of cap points of damaged tank
4 or more tanks in cap: total cappoints reduced if damaged tank was in top 3 of cap points and reduction equals to difference between cappoints of damaged tank and new tank on top 3 position

TungstenHitman #9 Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:32 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20700 battles

View PostEmeraldweed, on 19 August 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

It depents on how long the capper is there i.e if am capping  for 60 points and someone else in my team enters the cap  and gets killed only the points he accumulated will get deduct from the cap bar

Thats why you give priority to the first who entered the cap since he will have the most points

View PostSpurtung, on 19 August 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

Each tank gets its own counter. When reset that tank loses all of its cap points.

Thanks gentlemen 

Edit- Yes I am aware I am touching 14k battles and should know this stuff but it's some of the finer points are always no harm getting cleared up.. it's worse to be unsure about the finer details and NOT ask.. that would even more stupid that not knowing lol

Edited by TungstenHitman, 19 August 2017 - 04:34 PM.

Emeraldweed #10 Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8788 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

View PostTungstenHitman, on 19 August 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

Thanks gentlemen 

Edit- Yes I am aware I am touching 14k battles and should know this stuff but it's some of the finer points are always no harm getting cleared up.. it's worse to be unsure about the finer details and NOT ask.. that would even more stupid that not knowing lol

Nothing to bash on, we bash people who THINK they know but they don't or are just ignorant and persistent. Genuine questions are always welcome no matter the amount of battles, we WANT YOU to know :)

Spurtung #11 Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:40 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61586 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostTungstenHitman, on 19 August 2017 - 05:32 PM, said:

some of the finer points are always no harm getting cleared up.. it's worse to be unsure about the finer details and NOT ask.. that would even more stupid that not knowing lol

Of course! Not knowing and looking for knowledge beats an ignorant know-it-all in my book.

Another thing that you may have noticed when both teams are capping and it's close: there's a 5s window that means there may be a draw. Capping first doesn't always cut it, and if the other team caps within 5s of it, there's a draw.

Also, if a tank gets killed during that time window, there's an extension of 5s after the tank was destroyed. I've personally suicided this way to ensure a draw, and I've also witnessed enemies rushing their cap trying to reset and when they got destroyed, enabled their team to "catch up" on the cap timer, even though their plan was to reset in the first place.

Edited by Spurtung, 20 August 2017 - 10:05 AM.

jack_timber #12 Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32454 battles

Very useful information...

Tried to decap a whiles back, timer was on 90+ shot didn't pen, so reds won if only I had loaded HE..... 

Balc0ra #13 Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64400 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTungstenHitman, on 19 August 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

Thanks gentlemen 

Which is why you jump from target to target when resetting, not staying on the same one. Lost so many games when there are 3 in cap, and the focus on one at the time. Giving the 3rd one time to get to 100.

That and you would be amazed on how many with 15K + battles learned something new with each "how things work" video WG made last year. Like the fact that your gun spots to etc. Heck I still picked up new stuff now and then after 20K.

Edited by Balc0ra, 19 August 2017 - 07:18 PM.

Enforcer1975 #14 Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20646 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postjack_timber, on 19 August 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

Tried to decap a whiles back, timer was on 90+ shot didn't pen, so reds won if only I had loaded HE.....

I did a 0s reset a few days ago, the enemy team must have been pissed with 3 tanks in the cap. Then i came back taking another path and burned down another tank but died when our team capped out...doing 1164 damage with a hit and fire was worth it though.

Chopchopchop #15 Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 52049 battles
  • [IDI0T] IDI0T

View PostTungstenHitman, on 19 August 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

Thanks gentlemen 

Sometimes it is a lot better to use HE shell when heading to decap, for reasons :)

Aikl #16 Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postjack_timber, on 19 August 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

Depends how much time you have, but HE is hardly reliably against many heavy tanks. Going for a track shot is, in my opinion, often a safer option than outright switching to HE. Depends on the situation, but if your need to decap and it wouldn't matter if you dealt 0 or 100 damage to a target (but an AP shell would kill him), it's kind of obvious that you go for the AP in case you can get a solid penetrating shot on the enemy.

1ucky #17 Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 68191 battles

View PostAikl, on 19 August 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

Depends how much time you have, but HE is hardly reliably against many heavy tanks. Going for a track shot is, in my opinion, often a safer option than outright switching to HE. Depends on the situation, but if your need to decap and it wouldn't matter if you dealt 0 or 100 damage to a target (but an AP shell would kill him), it's kind of obvious that you go for the AP in case you can get a solid penetrating shot on the enemy.

True, but if you don't have too much time/HP left for prolonged aiming, an HE shot to the tracks can work, too.

(Easier to hit them with some HE splash in the first place, than having to land a perfect AP shot.)

HeidenSieker #18 Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 19 August 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

It's pretty disheartening to know that when the siren goes off that someone is very likely to steam in to the base to shoot what's there and be destroyed instanter, rather than just shoot the spotted target in the circle even for 1hp to achieve the reset.

Spurtung #19 Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:52 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61586 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostHeidenSieker, on 20 August 2017 - 12:50 AM, said:

View PostSpurtung, on 19 August 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

It's pretty disheartening to know that when the siren goes off that someone is very likely to steam in to the base to shoot what's there and be destroyed instanter, rather than just shoot the spotted target in the circle even for 1hp to achieve the reset.

Depends on how open is the path they chose to steam in.

Pansenmann #20 Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33678 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

addition:

Detracking an enemy tank is also counted as dealing damage

for the cap reset logic

Tracks have hitpoints too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users