Jump to content


I'd like this game to have "compliment" system much like "complain" is now

suggestion compliment

  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Tiera_Nieranpoika #1 Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:09 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 20341 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    03-02-2015

Hello,

 

Second post here so I'm not very active when it comes to these forums...

I've seen suggestions before about the ability to give compliments for good playing before but I'd like to write about it in a more fleshed-out way. Feel free to add comments and further suggestion.

This game and it's community needs to have some sort of incentives to be more...friendly, more supportive. It is possible to support these kind of attitudes and it has to come from the game itself.

There is a "complain" system already in the game - it would be simple to add a new section underneath it - "compliment".

Such as the "complain" menu, there could be several sections, such as, for examples sake:

"well played"

"thanks for the help" (could be used after helping overturned vehicle, after getting saved from some tricky situation, etc)
"good chat support" (gives good tips, and / or is polite, reads map well, gives info about where a shot came from after getting shot (Eg. Grille at J5)
"Hero" (this would be kind of a token of appreciation, when someone makes a move that requires personal sacrification - but helps the team in a meaningful way - decapping but ending up dying for example)

There are just some from top of my head now. Why so many? Partly because there can be different kind of situations - but also because as many different ways there are to compliment, there more it gives incentive to play in such ways. Also- this small menu could then be a counter-balance to the "complain"-section, hence I'd like to see as many different ways to compliment -as there are to complain.

More incentives to use this system:

I'd like it if in the end of the match, you'd get a tally of received compliments. Each of them could give an XP bonus - very small, but still something. Or a credit bonus. If it's a XP bonus, it shouldn't be counted in the team score, as that score should only represent XP gained by simply playing.

In order to avoid misusing the system- you cant give compliments to platoon mates. You're already in a platoon, you're probably communicating and are on good basis as it is.
Some sort of limit of how many compliments you can give for a single player.

10 compliment tokens per day. A small XP bonus for using them maybe? Not as big as the receiving end, but something that encourages using them?

Comments, ideas, suggestions, critic? I don't know could it work, I'm sure it wouldn't completely negativity of course, I'm not that naive - but this game is lacking an in-game system for compliments. Sure you can send a message afterwards, but when it would be built-in function, it would send a message as a whole.



 


Edited by Tiera_Nieranpoika, 19 August 2017 - 05:09 PM.


SABAOTH #2 Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:19 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36420 battles
  • 2,908
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View PostTiera_Nieranpoika, on 19 August 2017 - 05:09 PM, said:

Hello,

 

Second post here so I'm not very active when it comes to these forums...

I've seen suggestions before about the ability to give compliments for good playing before but I'd like to write about it in a more fleshed-out way. Feel free to add comments and further suggestion.

This game and it's community needs to have some sort of incentives to be more...friendly, more supportive. It is possible to support these kind of attitudes and it has to come from the game itself.

There is a "complain" system already in the game - it would be simple to add a new section underneath it - "compliment".

Such as the "complain" menu, there could be several sections, such as, for examples sake:

"well played"

"thanks for the help" (could be used after helping overturned vehicle, after getting saved from some tricky situation, etc)
"good chat support" (gives good tips, and / or is polite, reads map well, gives info about where a shot came from after getting shot (Eg. Grille at J5)
"Hero" (this would be kind of a token of appreciation, when someone makes a move that requires personal sacrification - but helps the team in a meaningful way - decapping but ending up dying for example)

There are just some from top of my head now. Why so many? Partly because there can be different kind of situations - but also because as many different ways there are to compliment, there more it gives incentive to play in such ways. Also- this small menu could then be a counter-balance to the "complain"-section, hence I'd like to see as many different ways to compliment -as there are to complain.

More incentives to use this system:

I'd like it if in the end of the match, you'd get a tally of received compliments. Each of them could give an XP bonus - very small, but still something. Or a credit bonus. If it's a XP bonus, it shouldn't be counted in the team score, as that score should only represent XP gained by simply playing.

In order to avoid misusing the system- you cant give compliments to platoon mates. You're already in a platoon, you're probably communicating and are on good basis as it is.
Some sort of limit of how many compliments you can give for a single player.

10 compliment tokens per day. A small XP bonus for using them maybe? Not as big as the receiving end, but something that encourages using them?

Comments, ideas, suggestions, critic? I don't know could it work, I'm sure it wouldn't completely negativity of course, I'm not that naive - but this game is lacking an in-game system for compliments. Sure you can send a message afterwards, but when it would be built-in function, it would send a message as a whole.



 

 

Well... you can simply write it.

 

Of course not everyone speaks english but it should be easy to get a "Bravo / GG / Well done".

 

On the other hand it would be nice to have some sort of system the opposite of reporting, where you can give some good rep to team players. Considering that lots of players get salty when outplayed or killed and report randomly.

 

That would not be a bad idea... but I am afraid we will never get this; and consider the risk that they frack up the entire game for implementing it.



Tiera_Nieranpoika #3 Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:25 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 20341 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    03-02-2015

View PostSABAOTH, on 19 August 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

 

Well... you can simply write it.

 

Of course not everyone speaks english but it should be easy to get a "Bravo / GG / Well done".

 

On the other hand it would be nice to have some sort of system the opposite of reporting, where you can give some good rep to team players. Considering that lots of players get salty when outplayed or killed and report randomly.

 

That would not be a bad idea... but I am afraid we will never get this; and consider the risk that they frack up the entire game for implementing it.

 

What would the risks be if it would be implemented?

I'm not saying that there couldn't be any, I'm just curious to hear ideas about what could go wrong.


I remember that in some point platooning in the same tier started producing small XP bonuses - this system wouldn't really change any game play mechanics no more than that - and getting the compliment would only show after the battle, so no additional messages / clutter that could distract the gameplay.



SABAOTH #4 Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:41 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36420 battles
  • 2,908
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View PostTiera_Nieranpoika, on 19 August 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

 

What would the risks be if it would be implemented?

I'm not saying that there couldn't be any, I'm just curious to hear ideas about what could go wrong.


I remember that in some point platooning in the same tier started producing small XP bonuses - this system wouldn't really change any game play mechanics no more than that - and getting the compliment would only show after the battle, so no additional messages / clutter that could distract the gameplay.

 

They can't introduce a tank without breaking something in the game.

 

I fear what they could break by changing a system so diffused as the reporting a player into compliment a player



jack_timber #5 Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:00 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31214 battles
  • 1,610
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

Yes it would be of benefit. Will, if someone has helped or played well, pm them after the battle.

Reckon it's good to be friendly.



Jigabachi #6 Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:03 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17753 battles
  • 17,648
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

The game attracts so many "questionable kinds of people" that, as soon as you add rewards, people will abuse the system.

So I'm absolutely against every kind of reward linked to that. But the idea around some additional commands is as old as the game, so don't hold your breath. Won't happen anytime soon.

 

If you want to praise someone, do it via the chat. Or a PM. If he doesn't speak very very basic English at least or has the chat off, he obviously doesn't deserve any praises and you can just move on.


Edited by Jigabachi, 19 August 2017 - 06:04 PM.


Gavrilac #7 Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:04 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 30059 battles
  • 71
  • [-WBZ] -WBZ
  • Member since:
    04-05-2014

View PostTiera_Nieranpoika, on 19 August 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

Hello,

 

Second post here so I'm not very active when it comes to these forums...

I've seen suggestions before about the ability to give compliments for good playing before but I'd like to write about it in a more fleshed-out way. Feel free to add comments and further suggestion.

This game and it's community needs to have some sort of incentives to be more...friendly, more supportive. It is possible to support these kind of attitudes and it has to come from the game itself.

There is a "complain" system already in the game - it would be simple to add a new section underneath it - "compliment".

Such as the "complain" menu, there could be several sections, such as, for examples sake:

"well played"

"thanks for the help" (could be used after helping overturned vehicle, after getting saved from some tricky situation, etc)
"good chat support" (gives good tips, and / or is polite, reads map well, gives info about where a shot came from after getting shot (Eg. Grille at J5)
"Hero" (this would be kind of a token of appreciation, when someone makes a move that requires personal sacrification - but helps the team in a meaningful way - decapping but ending up dying for example)

There are just some from top of my head now. Why so many? Partly because there can be different kind of situations - but also because as many different ways there are to compliment, there more it gives incentive to play in such ways. Also- this small menu could then be a counter-balance to the "complain"-section, hence I'd like to see as many different ways to compliment -as there are to complain.

More incentives to use this system:

I'd like it if in the end of the match, you'd get a tally of received compliments. Each of them could give an XP bonus - very small, but still something. Or a credit bonus. If it's a XP bonus, it shouldn't be counted in the team score, as that score should only represent XP gained by simply playing.

In order to avoid misusing the system- you cant give compliments to platoon mates. You're already in a platoon, you're probably communicating and are on good basis as it is.
Some sort of limit of how many compliments you can give for a single player.

10 compliment tokens per day. A small XP bonus for using them maybe? Not as big as the receiving end, but something that encourages using them?

Comments, ideas, suggestions, critic? I don't know could it work, I'm sure it wouldn't completely negativity of course, I'm not that naive - but this game is lacking an in-game system for compliments. Sure you can send a message afterwards, but when it would be built-in function, it would send a message as a whole.



 

 

Yes, you are right. The actual focus on criticisim is part of eastern european cultures influenced by socialist/comunist ideas and french culture. It will be very dificult to change our culture.

Congratulations for this open idea and for showing another type,  and better type, of communication!



qpranger #8 Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:06 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 30751 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

There should be "likes" in the game, just as on this forum.

And if you get a lot of "likes", you get a small consumables prize.



ApocalypseSquad #9 Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:10 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 26142 battles
  • 1,981
  • Member since:
    07-31-2011

I messaged a guy after a game last night to compliment him on a game well played.  I would do it more often if it was quicker and simpler.  It might help de-toxify the game somewhat.



Gavrilac #10 Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:12 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 30059 battles
  • 71
  • [-WBZ] -WBZ
  • Member since:
    04-05-2014

View Postqpranger, on 19 August 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

There should be "likes" in the game, just as on this forum.

And if you get a lot of "likes", you get a small consumables prize.

I would not give any prize for likes or good words/behavior. It is enough to have more nice/positive words and attitude buttons than negative ones, as it is now.



SABAOTH #11 Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:18 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36420 battles
  • 2,908
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View PostJigabachi, on 19 August 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

The game attracts so many "questionable kinds of people" that, as soon as you add rewards, people will abuse the system.

So I'm absolutely against every kind of reward linked to that. But the idea around some additional commands is as old as the game, so don't hold your breath. Won't happen anytime soon.

 

If you want to praise someone, do it via the chat. Or a PM. If he doesn't speak very very basic English at least or has the chat off, he obviously doesn't deserve any praises and you can just move on.

 

I am afraid you are right. We could witness the rise of bots giving "likes" to other bots if there is some prize involved.

qpranger #12 Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:21 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 30751 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostSABAOTH, on 19 August 2017 - 07:18 PM, said:

 

I am afraid you are right. We could witness the rise of bots giving "likes" to other bots if there is some prize involved.

 

But there are no bots left in WOT ? :)

Balc0ra #13 Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:07 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62839 battles
  • 14,439
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

WOWS has it. So why not? You get a notification later how many you got for each battle now and them. It's usually just for played well & helped others etc. Even WOT Blitz has it. Tho WOWS don't show it in your service record, and show it only to you.

 

Blitz has it as a star system. As they also have negative votes. So basically anyone you kill gives you neg reps. As I have one average pr battle there more or less. So my account there has 1 out 5 stars. As 90% I've seen has to. So that clearly don't work. 



Chopchopchop #14 Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:30 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 52009 battles
  • 688
  • [IDI0T] IDI0T
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013
That is open to clans and players doing count downs on team of players, not a true play "Compliment"!! WG might as well save time with this.

15JG52Brauer #15 Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:08 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 73144 battles
  • 509
  • [WHO] WHO
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011
In theorey a nice to have, in practice I wouldn't hold your breath, and although it is in WoWs I have yet to see what the "karma" system actually does to/fpr you, so I cant see it unfluencing behaviour really - however if you do see someone playing well, just PM them after - usually I dread opening those PM's after games as it's usually someone you killed raging at you - but those times when someone messages you and says GG can be quite uplifting and change your mood - and in a similar way it's quite uplifting to think you have cheered someone else up with a "well played dude". I'm just as guilty as anyone else of getting into rage mode(though never yet to the point of a chat ban, as I might get angry but I dont use some of the choicer language ou see in some PM's or team chat) , but a chance to do something positive shouldn't be passed up either.

lord_chipmonk #16 Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:34 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 32183 battles
  • 10,166
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012
WoWS has it (minus the prizes). I always support these kinds of topics, and they come around every 6 months or so. WG have thus far shown no signs of willingness to put it into WoT however. 

Yakito #17 Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:54 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18031 battles
  • 1,193
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011
It is a great idea. But unlike wows I wish the points stayed permanently without anybody taking them away by giving -.



Aikl #18 Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:03 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25141 battles
  • 4,042
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View Post15JG52Brauer, on 20 August 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

(...) I dread opening those PM's after games as it's usually someone you killed raging at you - but those times when someone messages you and says GG can be quite uplifting and change your mood - (...)

 

I open all PMs with joy and delight - I've yet to see 'toxic' PMs from someone who actually did allright in a battle, which is a brilliant opportunity to give them a verbal beatdown, and bathe in the glory of having done good enough to piss someone off (or having called them on their whining, in which the PMs just confirm the truth).

 

Anyway, sending a positive PM is nice, even if it is for small things - it deserves praise if someone actually bothers to contribute to teamplay, or simply bringing their TD out of the base and close to the frontlines. Yes, that's quite rare at times.



CarelessOne #19 Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:31 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4339 battles
  • 129
  • Member since:
    02-22-2015
Would be nice, but also easy to abuse, just as negative rep that was on forums. I don't believe in peoples honesty and integrity, especially on net. People are envious, even if you carry a game you won't hear anything good from your team, instead you will hear crap from enemy team.

Yakito #20 Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:46 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18031 battles
  • 1,193
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011

Uh. Every time somebody mentions "it would be abused" I lose hope in humanity.

Abused how? If there are no rewards other than ego boost? And even if it gave something, so what? You can't give it to platoon mates. If you couldn't take them away nobody would take them away from you when they got angry at you. 

And saying "people would program bots to do it" is even more ridiculous. Honestly, who would give a player with 300 wn8 a single + point? And you'd have to have bots syncing joining into battle. And with so many players they MIGHT eventually get a battle together, but so what? The points that you can give away to other players would be limited so you couldn't spam it on everyone. 

 

World of warships has this and there's no abuse. Russian server even gives rewards for big amounts of the points accumulated, as far as I remember. I don't ever see anybody complaining about it.

 

Lastly, why would YOU care that somebody else got a reward that probably doesn't affect you in the slightest? Do you care that some bot got 1 day premium or a free emblem/camo? If you do, you have a bigger problem to deal with than this. 







Also tagged with suggestion, compliment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users