The Beer(s) thread!

IPA APA Lambic allthebeers cider too

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Derethim #1 Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17266 battles

I've noticed in this thread a while ago... http://forum.worldof...-before-battle/ ... that people on WoT forums know their beer!

I was surprised people knew that pilsner is a lager, because most people just find the first bar, order either one beer if they want to talk and go, or they order 8 beers, some hard alcohol and get drunk off their butt without a care for what they drink.. Or better! They drink Bud Light. The foamless beer... yuck.

I love beer and I enjoy it a lot. I'm not the kind of guy to drink 14 light lagers a night, but, where I live, there are 3 beer-oriented bars, where I try out beers every friday or so ... hehe

One is called "On the 7th step" and the other "Beervana". It's the kind of bar, where they order 12 different kinds of beer(s) every week , either from small breweries here in Slovakia/Czechia, or from Belgium, Germany, Ireland etc. every week. And every week the beer menu is different. And the best thing - it's not expensive.

Does anyone else enjoy or know his beer or likes different kinds of beers, like IPA (the really bitter one) or stouts and so on? 

Aria_Company #2 Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4774 battles
  • [ZEON] ZEON
I do really enjoy tasting different kinds of beers and i'm a huge fan of weizenbier.

Derethim #3 Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:54 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17266 battles

View PostAria_Company, on 20 August 2017 - 01:08 AM, said:

I do really enjoy tasting different kinds of beers and i'm a huge fan of weizenbier.

I love weizens, all the kinds :3

Sweet. refreshing beer.

qrwot #4 Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:35 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39654 battles
Craft beers produced by what are now called "micro-breweries" (in my day they were just called independent brewers) provide an expansive world of interest for the beer drinker who's interested in beer, not getting drunk.  However, I gave up these soft drinks in favour of the king of spirits, whisky (and not, not ever, those things that call themselves 'whiskey' ).

Edited by qrwot, 20 August 2017 - 06:36 AM.

Sessine #5 Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27103 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

In my town there is a cafe called "België" which specializes in Belgian beers. I am partial to those. Also long long ago we did this silly drinking game starting at the top of their menu and trying to see how far down we could go which was not that far before there was some serious intoxication.

The friend i was with usually did not use the toilets in bars but after 5 or 6 strong beers he went to use theirs. Now if you wanted toiletpaper you had to get it at the bar before you went but he did not know.

He gets back and says: those 2 girls there like me i think. They kept looking at me and smiling at me.

I asked him if it was a nr1 or nr2. He replied he took a dump so i asked him about the TP and it turns out he used his underwear.

And then he forgot to close his zipper which was the reason the girls were laughing at him. :trollface:

Derethim #6 Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17266 battles

View Postqrwot, on 20 August 2017 - 06:35 AM, said:

Craft beers produced by what are now called "micro-breweries" (in my day they were just called independent brewers) provide an expansive world of interest for the beer drinker who's interested in beer, not getting drunk.  However, I gave up these soft drinks in favour of the king of spirits, whisky (and not, not ever, those things that call themselves 'whiskey' ).

I think "whiskey" is just an american way of saying "whiskey".

View PostSessine, on 20 August 2017 - 10:05 AM, said:

In my town there is a cafe called "België" which specializes in Belgian beers. I am partial to those. Also long long ago we did this silly drinking game starting at the top of their menu and trying to see how far down we could go which was not that far before there was some serious intoxication.

The friend i was with usually did not use the toilets in bars but after 5 or 6 strong beers he went to use theirs. Now if you wanted toiletpaper you had to get it at the bar before you went but he did not know.

He gets back and says: those 2 girls there like me i think. They kept looking at me and smiling at me.

I asked him if it was a nr1 or nr2. He replied he took a dump so i asked him about the TP and it turns out he used his underwear.

And then he forgot to close his zipper which was the reason the girls were laughing at him. :trollface:

I don't tend to get drunk out of my mind in there, not so much I use my underwear as a toilet paper :teethhappy:

I don't know how, but I keep a sober piece of mind even when I'm blackout drunk drunk... like "Don't do this, you're drunk"... but beer never gets me drunk enough, I have to drink something hard to get wasted.

In one of the bars in my town, they had "Sessler stout °22", which is a pretty strong beer.. and they had a little blackboard, where they kept records of "who drank most of these".

I was pretty wrecked after four, but one guy drank like 7 of them and four guys had to carry him upstairs :trollface:

qrwot #7 Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:08 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39654 battles

View PostSessine, on 20 August 2017 - 10:05 AM, said:

There should be a word for the reaction where somebody simultaneously goes "OMG!" and laughs. :D

Edited by qrwot, 20 August 2017 - 04:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users