heavy vs the rest

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

RockyRoller #1 Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28281 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

I read a thread about heavy tanks (tiger 1) being killed faster in 1 on 1 fights by autoloading light tanks and well it does seem wrong a tank with less armour survives whilst a tank with more hp and protection won't.

I don't think you can rebalance the guns or armour, but how about just heavy thanks having an innate one shot kill percent opportunity against mediums, lights and TD's? TD's already do a large hit so I wouldn't give them this added chance. The only question is what % would be fair and balancing against being out performed by dps and do all heavies need that chance to win 1 on 1?

NervosCuNervii #2 Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21833 battles
  • [D57T] D57T
You already have that, it's called RNG and ammorack detonations. Also, try to imagine your idea in all tiers. Yeah, as Maus, Type 4/5 and other such tanks need any more help.

Kozzy #3 Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:29 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 38512 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2
You want MORE RNG in this game?  Like 25% on damage and pen isn't enough already... that's a 'no' from me.

RockyRoller #4 Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28281 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

You have a point that some heavy tanks don't suffer from always being beaten up by the wimps on the beach, but welllll, ammo racking is not really the same thing as lets say doing that would depend on you seeing the rack area, then the rng to hurt it. 

So yes maybe this is a not all heavies need this survival balance, or even a sliding scale % for the few that do and positive or negative bonus for certain tanks when defending. 

-

View PostKozzy, on 21 August 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

You want MORE RNG in this game?  Like 25% on damage and pen isn't enough already... that's a 'no' from me.

so your only objection is more rng in the heavies defence vs an assured heavy kill by a light spotting tank

would a nerf to light tanks guns aim reticle, or increasing their auto loading fire times between shots but reducing magazine load times be more appropriate to you? 

Suurpolskija #5 Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16575 battles
  • [URHO] URHO
Well, as I read the post about a tiger losing to T71, he only fought him when T71 had a clip loaded.

That's not how you should fight autoloaders.

Anyway, Tiger l is a bad example when you talk about balancing heavy tanks.

tajj7 #6 Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 24362 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Heavies need no more buffing.

That thread you read was down to the player in question playing very very badly, we already have enough dumbing down of the game and most heavies are already stupidly forgiving of mistakes, it does not need to be any easier giving them some sort of luck one shot ability.

If you are losing in a heavy tank to light tank, it is because the light tank outplayed you, simple as that.  

ebasii #7 Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:41 AM

Private

• Player
  • 21699 battles
  • [_BNB_] _BNB_
For lower tiers it makes sense, actually, they really lack any armor and gun handling compensating for the usual downsides of a heavy tank (low speed, maneurability and bad gun handling). But tiers 8+ are quite okay about it. Its just tier 7 (excluding T29) and below who suck hard against meds and lights.

ZlatanArKung #8 Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:43 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostRockyRoller, on 21 August 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

I read a thread about heavy tanks (tiger 1) being killed faster in 1 on 1 fights by autoloading light tanks and well it does seem wrong a tank with less armour survives whilst a tank with more hp and protection won't.

I don't think you can rebalance the guns or armour, but how about just heavy thanks having an innate one shot kill percent opportunity against mediums, lights and TD's? TD's already do a large hit so I wouldn't give them this added chance. The only question is what % would be fair and balancing against being out performed by dps and do all heavies need that chance to win 1 on 1?

First off, a Tiger I will win a 1v1 shoot out against every T7 light in the game.

The reason why that guy lost is because he just stood in the open waiting for the T71  to finish reloading his clip and come back for a 2nd round.

A 1% chance is bad, it is just putting more rng into the game for no reason at all.

Kozzy #9 Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:43 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 38512 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View PostRockyRoller, on 21 August 2017 - 08:35 AM, said:

so your only objection is more rng in the heavies defence vs an assured heavy kill by a light spotting tank

would a nerf to light tanks guns aim reticle, or increasing their auto loading fire times between shots but reducing magazine load times be more appropriate to you? 

You can't make this game into even more of a lottery, just think a full HP T71 could get one-shotted by a 10% HP Tiger in your system just because the symbol above the Tiger player's tank is a 3-striped diamond. 

I feel light tanks should not be able to face-smash other tanks at all, I think variety in play styles is a good thing though.  And so, I would like fewer corridors/bottlenecks (thus less forcing of light tanks to fight frontally).  Lights to get less pen and accuracy (so they can't use their great camo to just redline snipe) but MUCH better view range (to be useful to their team mates but not so much to themselves), and better firing on the move stats, less bloom on turret rotation and hull traverse (so they can be better at run & gun).  I would also like premium ammo removed, all other ammo re-balanced and all tanks to have frontal weakspots.

That's a lot of stuff that will never be implemented, unfortunately.

jabster #10 Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostRockyRoller, on 21 August 2017 - 08:13 AM, said:

It seems perfectly sensible that the Tiger played badly and lost. What will you want next, heavies being immune to other classes?

Geno1isme #11 Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:55 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 40053 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
Arty was rebalanced because one-shots apparently frustrated people massively. And now you want to add one-shot capabilities to another class just because in another thread someone got stupidly wrecked by an autoloader?

SilentFear #12 Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:12 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 24909 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postjabster, on 21 August 2017 - 08:46 AM, said:

It seems perfectly sensible that the Tiger played badly and lost. What will you want next, heavies being immune to other classes?

Reading the forums i must say - that exactly what he and plenty of other players want.

Hell not too long ago we had topics how the Type 5 needs buffs .....

OP.

Thats just stupid. Also Tiger H is one of probably the best tier 7 heavy tanks. 

commer #13 Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:22 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38080 battles
I have a great solution for increasing the survivabiliy of heavies - learn to play.

Browarszky #14 Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:42 AM

Major

• Player
  • 14904 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
At extreme close ranges LT's have a huge advantage over HT's. Their mobility and gun handling negates any armor advantage a HT might have. Having a functional MG might help in those situations but basically, the LT's should IMO never get that close in the first place...

UrQuan #15 Posted 21 August 2017 - 04:28 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19049 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

This feels like a bad comparision imo. Lights & heavies fill very different roles. When i get caught alone in my heavies & a light finds me, I don't expect to survive, even tho I will do my best to be a pain to kill. Heavies are not meant to be alone in battle. Sure they got the HP, they got the gun & the armor, but they lack the one thing needed to be a solo pwn mobile: mobility.

Stay with the crowd, make sure you got support at all times & you can rock the battlefield with your awesome heavy. Forego the support and a lone light will end you, or at the very least make it hard to play your tank.

Heavies as class already got a ton of advantages, no need to add more. When you give a heavy mobility without trading it for armor/gun/HP, you get a Defender/ O-I / T110E5 (pre-nerf). Absurdly strong tanks that are a pain to fight.

jabster #16 Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostSilentFear, on 21 August 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

Reading the forums i must say - that exactly what he and plenty of other players want.

Hell not too long ago we had topics how the Type 5 needs buffs .....

There also seems to be a prevalence of it's unfair to heavies if other classes play to their strengths. 

Edited by jabster, 22 August 2017 - 04:57 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users