• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

ohlongjohnson003 #261 Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34076 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostCeeb, on 22 August 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

Its a bad idea, Read up on statistics,   What would happen is stats would normalise to 50% over a number of games, 

I'm not suggesting Skill Based MM, but make the teams equal, Make equal number of shlt with middle to decent to good players per side

just explain me how would you make that happen ? do you have any idea how Fked up would be to make the code that will find players who perform the same in certain tank and to match them one against another.... and do that for 15 players ?

you cant just go for XVM because its 3rd party stat which isnt WGs and they cant use it for something like balancing the MM.... the PR is also useless because you can just play TBs 24/7 and get high PR w/o actually being good at the game or you get it high enough just by playing the randoms since it goes up every time you hit certain battle amout / tanks bought / unlocked / marked etc etc... the WR is also useless since overall stats are THE most useless crap in this game ( you can have someone with 2.5k wn8 with 5k recent and someone with also 2.5k overall wn8 with 2.5k recent  - this applies to WR as well, recent is only thing that matters )

so, for WG to make the balanced MM they would have to look into players recent tanks played, how he performs in those and to match them against someone who does 95% similar to them 

gl hf with that kind of MM and waiting in the Q for 3-10 mins on average since the system would not be able to load all that info as fast as it can now, similar to skill MM in SH, except it would take even longer :)

edit : in short, there is no rating  good enough via which WG could actually make the skill MM a thing in this game

Edited by ohlongjohnson003, 22 August 2017 - 04:59 PM.

Ceeb #262 Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:45 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 25798 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostKozzy, on 22 August 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

Using your 'split by %' you would actually get shoved in the 'best players' bracket and would get WAY more games with purples and blues NOT less.

I'm not fussed what bracket im in.  As long as its equal with the other side.  

tajj7 #263 Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 22032 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Post__Ed__, on 21 August 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

I play for the team first

If this was true you'd win more games. 

Coldspell #264 Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17480 battles

View Posttajj7, on 22 August 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

If this was true you'd win more games. 

Try again.... he never said which team he played for, maybe he is roleplaying a spy.

laulaur #265 Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 42824 battles

View PostColdspell, on 23 August 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

Try again.... he never said which team he played for, maybe he is roleplaying a spy.

Baldrickk #266 Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:19 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26436 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostHeidenSieker, on 21 August 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

You haven't had many battles

Actually, about 5k puts him in the minority already:

Posted Image

View Post__Ed__, on 21 August 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

Being bad after 4k games I'm so terribly sorry.I don't have 5+ years experience at wot.

I'm no super-unicum but I was at 52%wr after 3 months (and about 3k battles) 

View Post__Ed__, on 22 August 2017 - 12:22 AM, said:

I occasionally shoot local comps at Bisley and some local clubs in the UK.

Oh neat, I'm close enough to hear those going on.

Small world. 

View Post__Ed__, on 21 August 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

Well I'm not that bad play a game with or against me to find out.

Many thanks for the positive feedback from the more considerate players.

I'd be glad to.

Feel free to send me a PM to arrange a time. 

jabster #267 Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:29 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12004 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostBaldrickk, on 23 August 2017 - 05:19 AM, said:

Posted Image

I'm no super-unicum but I was at 52%wr after 3 months (and about 3k battles) 

Oh neat, I'm close enough to hear those going on.

Small world. 

I'd be glad to.

Feel free to send me a PM to arrange a time. 

You missed the thread were he flounced out of the room leaving his account details for others to use.

Blubba #268 Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47588 battles

Only read the first few pages of this one.

OP, you need to change the title of this thread from Winrate, Who cares? to Reading, who cares? because clearly many seem incapable and when it's pointed out, still can't manage it.

I believe them when they say English exams are getting easier to pass because comprehension is clearly no longer a factor.

MrClark56 #269 Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:37 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4885 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post__Ed__, on 22 August 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

have you seen me play 

do you want me to ???  i can if you want but I do not need to see you play, like i do not need to see any unicum or tomato play, i can do that if i want by watching youtube.

one thing to remember THIS IS GAME clearly many of you guys are not having fun and are taking all of this far too seriously.

Thanks for letting me know it is a game. i am sitting on a comfy chair at home and not in a real tank.... but thanks... the VR here is strong...

The not having fun part has been debated before. thanks again for telling me i am not having fun... specially when i win... i must delete game now.... no for real.

I like the way you put words into my mouth of course i want to get better my post was simply about not caring for stats.READ it properly instead of jumping to conclusions

I did not put any words in your mouth but If i had the choice id GAG you with a dirty sock because the amount of rubbish you say is astounding. CEEB has the same POV as you but puts his views down with sense.. unlike you. The point is, to get better you have to have better stats... you cannot get better in WOT by praying, or drinking.. you can help your team and win (if that is interesting to you) by getting better. ok how do you get better? there are guides for that... go read,

how do you know you are getting better... DING!!!! you watch your [edited]stats.... if you see them improve then you know you are on the right track. it is not perfect but it shows a good trend. Does that make you a statwhore? nope, it is how you use the device.. do not track stats, but analyse them after battle and see where it shows you failed or succeeded. Your stats are a means to see if you are improving. there are other means, but for the simple people out there, there is a color code. easy no?

Its a GAME

Yeah i forgot that, thanks for reminding me

let me make this clear

You have made it clear enough, no need to be an [edited]by showing a link, and since you are...  it is spelled 'it's a game',

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/game

also remember this as other wiser posters have said the forum is small part of the community.

Most players dont even bother looking at the forum unless its a game guide or equipment layout for a tank.

i merely have a point of view.

the attitude in game is closer to mine to be honest most people dont care for stats they play for fun otherwise why would they play at all?

I do not have any problems with the flock of tomatoes in game, everyone plays as he wishes. same for stats... same for your thread, or even you being such an [edited]trying to justify all your points and actions on pubs, lack of  experience, stats whores targeting you etc...

But your attitude? oh man.... seriously...

you sound like you are a 15 years old.... little girl...

Man the [edited]up.

Edited by MrClark56, 23 August 2017 - 06:41 AM.

Baldrickk #270 Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26436 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View Postjabster, on 23 August 2017 - 06:29 AM, said:

You missed the thread were he flounced out of the room leaving his account details for others to use.

Oh no, I actually saw that one first. But he replied here after he began that thread... so, who knows.

I was also making the point that all people with that number of battles are still more dedicated to the game than the average player.

Edited by Baldrickk, 23 August 2017 - 12:52 PM.

HeidenSieker #271 Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:52 PM

Major

• Player
  • 7383 battles

View PostBaldrickk, on 23 August 2017 - 06:19 AM, said:

Posted Image

That's for all players, by the look. What's the forum avearge?

TungstenHitman #272 Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 13765 battles
You do realize if you are now answering the OP he actually quit the game yesterday evening in a poorly disguised rage? Turns out the OP cared so little about winning that he uninstalled amidst the barrage of flak he from all this so while he didn't think he cared, you guys made him realize he should, he therefore felt terrible and left a "f*** this game, life's too short" thread before giving his account away.. I think some scumbag from the WSAT clan was first to plunder and pillage his gold.. should have been me.. damn it! 

Baldrickk #273 Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26436 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostHeidenSieker, on 23 August 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

That's for all players, by the look. What's the forum avearge?

No idea, but i could find out the forumite average tonight

commer #274 Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35046 battles

View PostBaldrickk, on 23 August 2017 - 06:19 AM, said:

Posted Image

It depends how you view minority. Off all accounts yes. Of active players defined by having over 250 battles and having reached at least t5 it's probably different. Counting people who have installed the game, tried it and went naah is a bit biased. 

Also tagged with winrate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users