Jump to content


Gun marks are broken, 20% gained in ONE game?


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

AkashiKunWOT #1 Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:38 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1597 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    12-27-2015

I have been inactive for a year i come back and play my ELC, gun mark is on 59%. I then play one game and do horribly, 0 dmg and 51 assist and my mark goes way up to 70% and i got my first moe.... someone explain

 

Edit: This isn't a shitpost or troll. this genuinely happened and i'm concerned at how bad people play the ELC


Edited by AkashiKunWOT, 22 August 2017 - 03:42 AM.


Balc0ra #2 Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:54 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62747 battles
  • 14,348
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

MOE's takes your 100 lasts games in said tank into consideration when calculating it. So if a 0 damage, 0 assist game left the last 100, as your 51 assist game came in. Your average still goes up on the last 100. And it's also compared to others in the ELC the last 14 days. Mix those two together, even if you haven not played the tank in ages. It might jump a bit. As the ELC is a tank most have left after the LT changes. So it's requirements is even easier vs before. I mean I played my Chaffee for the first time in a month a few days ago. It went from 84.95% to 99.40% in one game. Doing 900 damage and 1K assist. As most left that as well after the changes.

 

Then again.. Some have had it easier.

 

Spoiler

 


Edited by Balc0ra, 22 August 2017 - 03:57 AM.


AkashiKunWOT #3 Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:00 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1597 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    12-27-2015

View PostBalc0ra, on 22 August 2017 - 03:54 AM, said:

MOE's takes your 100 lasts games in said tank into consideration when calculating it. So if a 0 damage, 0 assist game left the last 100, as your 51 assist game came in. Your average still goes up on the last 100. And it's also compared to others in the ELC the last 14 days. Mix those two together, even if you haven not played the tank in ages. It might jump a bit. As the ELC is a tank most have left after the LT changes. So it's requirements is even easier vs before. I mean I played my Chaffee for the first time in a month a few days ago. It went from 84.95% to 99.40% in one game. Doing 900 damage and 1K assist. As most left that as well after the changes.

 

Then again.. Some have had it easier.

 

Spoiler

 

 

i did 0 dmg.



Balc0ra #4 Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:06 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62747 battles
  • 14,348
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostAkashiKunWOT, on 22 August 2017 - 04:00 AM, said:

 

i did 0 dmg.

 

But you did 51 assist. Assist counts to. Not just damage alone. So if your game in it 101 games ago was a 0 damage 0 assist game, your average still goes up in those 100 games. As 51 assist is better then 0. As it fully takes your last 100 games into account when calculating your % gain or loss.

AkashiKunWOT #5 Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:08 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1597 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    12-27-2015

View PostBalc0ra, on 22 August 2017 - 04:06 AM, said:

 

But you did 51 assist. Assist counts to. Not just damage alone. So if your game in it 101 games ago was a 0 damage 0 assist game, your average still goes up in those 100 games. As 51 assist is better then 0. As it fully takes your last 100 games into account when calculating your % gain or loss.

 

Still a tad bit ridiculous... 

Balc0ra #6 Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:13 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62747 battles
  • 14,348
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostAkashiKunWOT, on 22 August 2017 - 04:08 AM, said:

 

Still a tad bit ridiculous... 

 

Like I said. Not many are playing the ELC now vs before after the LT changes. So it's even easier to mark it now.

Sfinski #7 Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:57 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29704 battles
  • 1,960
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013
Also, the requirements change every 2 weeks according how people play. You were away a lot, requirements changed, you gained MoE. Circon got 3rd mark with Hellcat or something with a game without any damage or assists...

Spurtung #8 Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:20 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60039 battles
  • 5,428
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostAkashiKunWOT, on 22 August 2017 - 05:08 AM, said:

 

Still a tad bit ridiculous... 

 

You know how averages are calculated, right? If it uses the results of the last 100 battles and you were decent in those 99 pre-nerf battles, why would 0 in a single match after the nerf do any difference anyway?

FAME_skill4ltu #9 Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:26 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29555 battles
  • 869
  • [FAME] FAME
  • Member since:
    09-23-2012
had the same with my batarty after the nerf cuz the ecpected values went down that much

Maauru #10 Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:04 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 17980 battles
  • 653
  • [WIFI] WIFI
  • Member since:
    03-29-2014

Didn't play my Pz.Kpfw T25 for long time.

One day decided to play one game (to get daily double) to boost my Leo crew a bit as it was some crew special.

First game:

Posted Image

And that was first and only battle in that tank after loooong time...


Edited by Maauru, 22 August 2017 - 07:05 AM.


Cannes76 #11 Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:24 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 62424 battles
  • 1,474
  • [3V] 3V
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011
The reason for the sudden increase in your mark of excellence progress is to be found elsewhere, not in your own performance. Everyone else has been performing poorly lately, so your own performance of the past 100 battles measured against the entire playerbases performance in the last 14 days has improved.

TankkiPoju #12 Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:56 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 19620 battles
  • 6,084
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 22 August 2017 - 03:54 AM, said:

MOE's takes your 100 lasts games in said tank into consideration when calculating it. So if a 0 damage, 0 assist game left the last 100, as your 51 assist game came in. Your average still goes up on the last 100.

 

The game doesnt remember your last 100 games, or anything like that. MoEs are calculated by using a moving average, this has been concluded and proved by the community years ago.

 

And you can actually read it here: https://console.worl...of-excellence/. That's an official WoT webpage from WG.

 

The moving average also explains why you can get MoE with very little games, like less than 30 when starting from zero.

 

 



LikePike #13 Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:56 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 39929 battles
  • 195
  • [GEN] GEN
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View PostAkashiKunWOT, on 22 August 2017 - 04:38 AM, said:

I have been inactive for a year i come back and play my ELC, gun mark is on 59%. I then play one game and do horribly, 0 dmg and 51 assist and my mark goes way up to 70% and i got my first moe.... someone explain

 

Edit: This isn't a shitpost or troll. this genuinely happened and i'm concerned at how bad people play the ELC

 

You haven't played the tank for months. After the patch the overall average damage for the gun mark dropped massively. Your % was calculated based on the new overall, that's why you went up that fast.

 

Even I received a massive boost after playing the ELC for only one average game (92% to 100+% MoE).



ZlatanArKung #14 Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:10 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
The reference value your emai is comparing with has decreased severely for light tanks due to their rebalanced.

Cobra6 #15 Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:06 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • 14,996
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Yep, this happened to me about two times as well.

 

Don't play a tank for 3-4 weeks. Then play one match and on an average match your gunmarks jump up by something like 15%. It's bugged.

 

Cobra 6



PointZero #16 Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:24 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 41639 battles
  • 1,008
  • Member since:
    02-03-2011
With the recent LT changes ELC got so majorly shat on by the "balance department" that it has gone from a definite keeper / fan favorite to just one of those tanks everyone speed grinds through to get something that is worth playing as the rest of tree recieved some love. It's pretty obvious what will happen to the level of mark of excellence once a low tier turns into one of those tanks, 75% crews & passing through the tank as fast as you can really drop the efford you need to put into getting the marks.

Geno1isme #17 Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:46 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 40053 battles
  • 6,559
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

View PostCobra6, on 22 August 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

Yep, this happened to me about two times as well.

 

Don't play a tank for 3-4 weeks. Then play one match and on an average match your gunmarks jump up by something like 15%. It's bugged.

 

Not a bug, it's just that the value is only updated after a battle in the specific tank. Else you'd see the value going up and down constantly without touching the tank when the reference data changes. Just the same as WN8 jumping up and down when there is an update to expected values.


Edited by Geno1isme, 22 August 2017 - 10:47 AM.


Borgarat #18 Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:26 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 24660 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    02-16-2015

Pretty simple, ELC is not played by many skilled players anymore or people who enjoyed this tank. Back then before the nerf it was relatively hard to master the tank and get the 3 MoE. I just took it out couple of days ago, basic game with 945xp and ACE. Tank is now on 97%. That tells you a lot how well WG destroyed this tank.

So if you want to go for the 3. MoE, now is the time. 



theSwedishTankDriver #19 Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:36 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23356 battles
  • 950
  • [KITTY] KITTY
  • Member since:
    03-04-2013

Some possibilities (or a combination of):

 

1. You haven't played it in a while. Since you last played it, the expected values have gone down.

2. The formula for MoE only counts your last 100 battles in that tank. If your 101 last game was worse then the latest one, the MoE %s will increase.



CmdRatScabies #20 Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:41 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 35165 battles
  • 3,538
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostBorgarat, on 22 August 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

So if you want to go for the 3. MoE, now is the time.

 

Bit late for the ELC I think.  For a nerf you want to play pre-nerf then leave it a couple of weeks or so for the requirements to drop before taking it out again & claiming the MOE.  For a buff you want to play it immediately post buff before the requirements have caught up with the improved performance.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users