Jump to content


IS4 removed from tech tree like FV215b and AMX 50 Foch (155)


  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

ValkyrionX #1 Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:05 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 41843 battles
  • 959
  • [SERPE] SERPE
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

from a recent Q&A

https://thedailyboun...h-anton-pankov/

 

"There are plans and thoughts for the Soviet branch, if the IS-4 is moved or replaced, players will keep it in their garages. Currently the main issue is to find a decent replacement. It could be the ST-II with two barrels, but there are several technical nuances and issues"

 

 

 

the ST-2

 

 

the Super Conqueror

https://thearmoredpa...uper-conqueror/

 



brumbarr #2 Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:15 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,325
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

I would find it kinda odd if they did the same thing with the IS4.

The IS4 is a real tank, replacing it with a drawig board project for no reason seems odd to me.

Its also not like the IS4 is  hard to balance, there is nothign borken about it, so  replacing it makes no sense tbh.

 

They will prob either make it a tier9 and swtich the STI to tier10, or make it an alternative, or jsut buff it.



ValkyrionX #3 Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:27 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 41843 battles
  • 959
  • [SERPE] SERPE
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

View Postbrumbarr, on 23 August 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

I would find it kinda odd if they did the same thing with the IS4.

The IS4 is a real tank, replacing it with a drawig board project for no reason seems odd to me.

Its also not like the IS4 is  hard to balance, there is nothign borken about it, so  replacing it makes no sense tbh.

 

They will prob either make it a tier9 and swtich the STI to tier10, or make it an alternative, or jsut buff it.

 

i think the will not buff the is4 (or maybe after its removal) , they surely will remove it from the vk4-st-I line when they will finish the development phase on the st-2 with 2 barrels..2 barrels..can be interesting to play

cro001 #4 Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:42 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28373 battles
  • 1,888
  • Member since:
    10-21-2012

View Postbrumbarr, on 23 August 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

I would find it kinda odd if they did the same thing with the IS4.

The IS4 is a real tank, replacing it with a drawig board project for no reason seems odd to me.

 

All hail Murazor?



STRAPATONI #5 Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:55 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 21071 battles
  • 183
  • [-GODS] -GODS
  • Member since:
    09-05-2013

they aim those lines bcz no one have interests to  invest the time there.

FOCH, IS4, FV215B, and even CENT AX.



ValkyrionX #6 Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:02 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 41843 battles
  • 959
  • [SERPE] SERPE
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

View PostSTRAPATONI, on 23 August 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

they aim those lines bcz no one have interests to  invest the time there.

FOCH, IS4, FV215B, and even CENT AX.

 

cent ax is a great medium tank for dpm accuracy and gun handling, fv215b is hard to use but it have a great dpm and incredible gun handling and a strong turret, is4 if you like the ussr tank can be a very good tank in battlefield if you know how protect your weakspots , i have play foch one time on the closed test server in epic battles 30vs30 months ago and its a particular tank and if you're a good player you can farm a lot of dmgs

Sfinski #7 Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:03 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 30440 battles
  • 2,163
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013

View PostSTRAPATONI, on 23 August 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

they aim those lines bcz no one have interests to  invest the time there.

FOCH, IS4, FV215B, and even CENT AX.

 

Got all those except Foch...



TankkiPoju #8 Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:12 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20014 battles
  • 6,192
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011
Why can't WG just give IS-4 better gun handling and a bit more DPM...

uglycousin #9 Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:19 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 43165 battles
  • 3,541
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

Oh man, so now I have to start grinding the IS-4 line? 

 

At least it should feel a lot more enjoyable, unlike the french turd TD line.

 

P.S. I always thought the ST-II was a joke. Was surprised to see technical sketches of it. 



Cobra6 #10 Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:27 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16305 battles
  • 15,256
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View PostTankkiPoju, on 23 August 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

Why can't WG just give IS-4 better gun handling and a bit more DPM...

 

This, that is the only thing it needs.

 

That potato launcher needs to perform better.

 

Cobra6



ArtyomSTALKER #11 Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:57 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 15694 battles
  • 850
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011
Sorry for the offtopic ,but can someone tell me when will FOCH 155 and FV215b be replaced? Some people say this week ,others say in about a month from now?

NervosCuNervii #12 Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:58 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21833 battles
  • 534
  • [D57T] D57T
  • Member since:
    08-31-2013
Haha, it's funny that now everyone and their relatives (which didn't already did it) will grind those lines just to get 2xT10s. But like our uglycousin said, after the torment of the French TD lines, everything else should be like a walk in the park.

FluffyRedFox #13 Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:05 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 22133 battles
  • 8,001
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

View PostArtyomSTALKER, on 23 August 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

Sorry for the offtopic ,but can someone tell me when will FOCH 155 and FV215b be replaced? Some people say this week ,others say in about a month from now?

Foch 155 will be replaced in 9.20 which is hitting live on the 29th August  on RU and likely the day after everywhere  else.

Fv215b will be replaced in 9.21 which is ages away. 



ArtyomSTALKER #14 Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:22 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 15694 battles
  • 850
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View Postfishbob101, on 23 August 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

Foch 155 will be replaced in 9.20 which is hitting live on the 29th August  on RU and likely the day after everywhere  else.

Fv215b will be replaced in 9.21 which is ages away. 

 

I tought they were both supposed to get changed in 9.20.

Unforgiving_Destiny #15 Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:28 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 48344 battles
  • 489
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011

View Postbrumbarr, on 23 August 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

I would find it kinda odd if they did the same thing with the IS4.

The IS4 is a real tank, replacing it with a drawig board project for no reason seems odd to me.

Its also not like the IS4 is  hard to balance, there is nothign borken about it, so  replacing it makes no sense tbh.

 

They will prob either make it a tier9 and swtich the STI to tier10, or make it an alternative, or jsut buff it.

 

Well i rather to keep my is-4 as a tier 10 tank even if it is not getting the buff and not to have it as tier 9 even though if it gets buffs it needs it is the best option but if they want to move it to tier 9 i rather they replace it like FV and foch so i can keep it as tier 10 .

It needs more ammo

more turret hatch armor

better hull armor

better gun handling

and it seems WG is not making those buffs so i prefer to keep it as premium tier 10 than tier 9 and have that ugly piece of crapst-i move to tier 10 in my garage.



brumbarr #16 Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:30 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,325
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostPrincess_Ema, on 23 August 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

 

Well i rather to keep my is-4 as a tier 10 tank even if it is not getting the buff and not to have it as tier 9 even though if it gets buffs it needs it is the best option but if they want to move it to tier 9 i rather they replace it like FV and foch so i can keep it as tier 10 .

It needs more ammo

more turret hatch armor

better hull armor

better gun handling

and it seems WG is not making those buffs so i prefer to keep it as premium tier 10 than tier 9 and have that ugly piece of crapst-i move to tier 10 in my garage.

 

Best solution imo:

-Switch is4 to tier9, rebalance accordingly.

-Switch STI to tier 10, or  the STII.

- Rename current IS4 to IS4M and keep it at tier10 as a reward vehiclt for people who owned the IS4 before.



FluffyRedFox #17 Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:41 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 22133 battles
  • 8,001
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

View PostArtyomSTALKER, on 23 August 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

 

I tought they were both supposed to get changed in 9.20.

If you have  the test server installed, you can see that the FV 215b is still the tier X  brit heavy



Spurtung #18 Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:42 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 61032 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Postbrumbarr, on 23 August 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

Its also not like the IS4 is  hard to balance, there is nothign borken about it, so  replacing it makes no sense tbh.

That overmatchable plate over the gun though...



brumbarr #19 Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:46 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38626 battles
  • 6,325
  • Member since:
    07-30-2012

View PostSpurtung, on 23 August 2017 - 01:42 PM, said:

That overmatchable plate over the gun though...

 

what about it?

Spurtung #20 Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:50 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 61032 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Postbrumbarr, on 23 August 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

 

what about it?

 

That's the broken about it.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users