Pandabird #1 Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

Spoiler

I'm greeted with a weird view of a british looking tank next to me

I click it and

A boy band starts singing some weird boy band song and a flashy "buy me" icon appears on the bottom of the screen

Is this what wot has become?

Logged out.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66275 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostPandabird, on 23 August 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

Spoiler

I'm greeted with a weird view of a british looking tank next to me

I click it and

A boy band starts singing some weird boy band song and a flashy "buy me" icon appears on the bottom of the screen

Logged out.

A: It's a limited event garage. So not something that will stick around for long.

B: It's far from the first time they have done that for a "special" premium made as a result of a special collaboration with others outside of WG. Like Fury to name one. That had a full garage themed after it, with popups, system notification and a garage banner asking you to buy it. At least this was "discreet" vs it. And since you don't have a Fury. I suspect that did not work on you either. This tank it made alongside a music group. Thus they did go out of their way to "promote" it.

So why was this time so special and "disgusting" vs the other times they have done it? Considering that tank collaborations are rare and far in-between. It's not something we see often anyway to make it an "issue". It's not like they will do this with every single new premium coming.

Edited by Balc0ra, 23 August 2017 - 05:25 PM.

Jigabachi #3 Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I neither like that band, nor the tank, but I actually have no big problem with that kind of idea. The game isn't a simulation, the game isn't in any way realistic.

Those new tanks "stick out" a bit, agreed, but, in my opinion, not in a very negative way. Wouldn't make that much of a difference if we had a chance to customize our tanks...

Edited by Jigabachi, 23 August 2017 - 05:35 PM.

Pandabird #4 Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 August 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

A: It's a limited event garage. So not something that will stick around for long.

B: It's far from the first time they have done that for a "special" premium made as a result of a special collaboration with others outside of WG. Like Fury to name one. That had a full garage themed after it, with popups, system notification and a garage banner asking you to buy it. At least this was "discreet" vs it. And since you don't have a Fury. I suspect that did not work on you either. This tank it made alongside a music group. Thus they did go out of their way to "promote" it.

So why was this time so special and "disgusting" vs the other times they have done it? Considering that tank collaborations are rare and far in-between. It's not something we see often anyway to make it an "issue". It's not like they will do this with every single new premium coming.

I wasn't saying the boy band is disgusting or anything

It just doesn't appeal to me. On the contrary, i'm confused and distanced all of a sudden, not something i should feel when logging in and seeing my shiny Panther waiting for me or whatever.

Try getting on my level here, returning customer yada yada,,,

Edit: at least i want to be. But this whole thing really sincerely made me press the X rather than play button.

Wanted to discuss that and et cetera

2'nd edit: I guess what i really want to know is; and i press heavily, old friends, tell me?

Spoiler

Edited by Pandabird, 23 August 2017 - 06:15 PM.

Sfinski #5 Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:10 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31717 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
My game just crashes if I push it.

Pandabird #6 Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:21 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

View PostSfinski, on 23 August 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

My game just crashes if I push it.

my computer always crashes when i punch it :(

brisha #7 Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15387 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostPandabird, on 23 August 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

Spoiler

Logged out.

No it's worse now, far, far worse.

Pantzer #8 Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:49 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19862 battles

Sometimes I feel that players like Pandabird comes back just to whine on the forum...

Now I know pretty munch nothing about rock but I do know sabaton... "boy band" makes it sound like som one direction crap.

And like people already told you this is nothing new. They have done this kind of thing before. Can't really see a problem with it.

ApocalypseSquad #9 Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26483 battles
Stick around Pandabird, you have great music taste anyway!

ZlatanArKung #10 Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:29 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
Like sabaton produce music of higher quality then one direction? Definitely not.

I logged in today, looked for long range sniper,nowhere to be found, logged out after 30 seconds.
It was close to a comeback.

Pandabird #11 Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:11 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

View PostPantzer, on 23 August 2017 - 07:49 PM, said:

Sometimes I feel that players like Pandabird comes back just to whine on the forum...

Now I know pretty munch nothing about rock but I do know sabaton... "boy band" makes it sound like som one direction crap.

And like people already told you this is nothing new. They have done this kind of thing before. Can't really see a problem with it.

Another era,

another time.

One direction.

Doom.

Mustafa_TB #12 Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 47248 battles

Obviously, the only problem the game had was that it was missing a mediocre metal band crew in a buffed-up-premium-version-of-an-unbuffed-tank. Now everything is peachy. We can go back to playing,singing sub-button,dressed only in chocolate and merry thoughts. 

Dont forget that the balance was so sweet that Defender=Tvp Vtu.It was geting too depressing.

Ideas for the future:

Cherry Gatherer Udes->crew:red riding hood,her grandma and the wolf/ Extra credits if u spent the entire game in the same bush

Kranvalkyrie: Kranvagn playing ride of the valkyries instead of engine sounds. 

Batarty: 15-shots/clip Premium arty,crewed by batman.

Light tanks just spawn on top of hills where possible to save time.

Gas becomes a consumable.the more you move the more creds you lose.

Type 5 Lego edition. Pixelated free camo with +80% camo and regenration if you dont move.

Speceshiiiiip!!!

shane73tank #13 Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:43 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 28158 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

If you want escapism to set your heart racing with adrenaline and equal amounts of frustration pandabird, then Stick around coz this game is "hateful" (the clash, seems quite appropriate) 

theres always  here for some therapeutic  venting 

p.s. If yer gonna go then at least go in a blaze of glory like shnuks and leave us with some memorable images 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users