maps rework or just remove

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Tsimpas #1 Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 44192 battles
  • [EREKT] EREKT
i cant help but notice that most of the maps like them or not ( that is a personal preference) they are very balanced and all tanks can do their part , there are some other maps however that they are so bad that even arty and TD can have hard times having fun, im making this topic to share my opinion with you guys and ask for yours on what maps do you think they need to be reworks or even removed from the game because they are very unbalanced or even bad designed i have 4 maps in mind that needs to be complete removed or reworked so much that would be unrecognized im talking about the tunnel map paris which you can only use 1 road if you wanna play with heavies and have some actual results , and the wait and see who gets spotted first valley where everybody just for some poor guy to get spotted and then takes 5 shots on the way to garage, also pilsen is a very bad map with all these historical huge buildings taking alot space from an already small map and that force you to drive your heavy on a 1 line only driveway because noone is stupid enough to go from the outside and get 1 arty shot + 2 camping td shots = to garage .com  and then there is the ridiculous line on 9-0 for the mediums and scouts which is to small for doing anything alse than just  trade your HP and thats not good for scouts. plus you always have the risk to get shots from the middle of the map for no reason what/ever and last but not least overlord , the map that whatever you go you get damage from TD's the good for nothing map that most people go to the beach because its the safest way but the slowest and losing the game before it starts because it takes you 3 minutes to get back up if your team needs your help the map which whatever you go there is no cover from destroyers and arties and if you have cover then you are not able to shoot some enemies meaning you are useless to your team and they play with 1 guy less the only way to win this map and have some actual results is by waiting from the enemy team to do something really stupid so you can shoot someone once without taking 5 shots back  , so why do you force us to play on a maps so bad like overlord, paris and pilsen is beyond me , why because they are real historical places? well, i only care about a game and having fun if i wanted history i would rather join a game where the tanks are retail like and not WG fantasy made. kharkov also is a historic tunnel map for heavies and heavy armored tds and mediums can play by trade there HP from the start of the game which no medium player wants scouts and arties are complete useless and also stalingrad another historical map that also needs more space for mediums/scouts but hey at least arties have some shots compared to kharkov which maps do you guys think they need to major rework/ remove leave your thoughts below :)

Edited by Tsimpas, 25 August 2017 - 06:38 PM.

Sfinski #2 Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:46 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31462 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Maybe edit that so it is readable?

RamRaid90 #3 Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:53 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21153 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostTsimpas, on 25 August 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

i cant help but notice that most of the maps like them or not ( that is a personal preference) they are very balanced and all tanks can do their part , there are some other maps however that they are so bad that even arty and TD can have hard times having fun, im making this topic to share my opinion with you guys and ask for yours on what maps do you think they need to be reworks or even removed from the game because they are very unbalanced or even bad designed i have 4 maps in mind that needs to be complete removed or reworked so much that would be unrecognized im talking about the tunnel map paris which you can only use 1 road if you wanna play with heavies and have some actual results , and the wait and see who gets spotted first valley where everybody just for some poor guy to get spotted and then takes 5 shots on the way to garage, also pilsen is a very bad map with all these historical huge buildings taking alot space from an already small map and that force you to drive your heavy on a 1 line only driveway because noone is stupid enough to go from the outside and get 1 arty shot + 2 camping td shots = to garage .com  and then there is the ridiculous line on 9-0 for the mediums and scouts which is to small for doing anything alse than just  trade your HP and thats not good for scouts. plus you always have the risk to get shots from the middle of the map for no reason what/ever and last but not least overlord , the map that whatever you go you get damage from TD's the good for nothing map that most people go to the beach because its the safest way but the slowest and losing the game before it starts because it takes you 3 minutes to get back up if your team needs your help the map which whatever you go there is no cover from destroyers and arties and if you have cover then you are not able to shoot some enemies meaning you are useless to your team and they play with 1 guy less the only way to win this map and have some actual results is by waiting from the enemy team to do something really stupid so you can shoot someone once without taking 5 shots back  , so why do you force us to play on a maps so bad like overlord, paris and pilsen is beyond me , why because they are real historical places? well, i only care about a game and having fun if i wanted history i would rather join a game where the tanks are retail like and not WG fantasy made. kharkov also is a historic tunnel map for heavies and heavy armored tds and mediums can play by trade there HP from the start of the game which no medium player wants scouts and arties are complete useless and also stalingrad another historical map that also needs more space for mediums/scouts but hey at least arties have some shots compared to kharkov which maps do you guys think they need to major rework/ remove leave your thoughts below :)

tldr: I cant play certain tanks on certain maps because I am unable to adapt, change or remove maps to accomodate myself.

Edited by RamRaid90, 25 August 2017 - 06:53 PM.

Aikl #4 Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:17 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25284 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Spoiler

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , 

- - - - - - - - 

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUWXYZ

Jokes aside:

i cant help but notice that most of the maps like them or not ( that is a personal preference) they are very balanced and all tanks can do their part , there are some other maps however that they are so bad that even arty and TD can have hard times having fun,

The latter usually implies the TDs that think the whole game is sitting and base and waiting. There's no real fun to ruin, honestly.

', im making this topic to share my opinion with you guys and ask for yours on what maps do you think they need to be reworks or even removed from the game because they are very unbalanced or even bad designed i have 4 maps in mind that needs to be complete removed or reworked so much that would be unrecognized im talking about the tunnel map paris which you can only use 1 road if you wanna play with heavies and have some actual results , and the wait and see who gets spotted first valley where everybody just for some poor guy to get spotted and then takes 5 shots on the way to garage, 

The field is a trap, and the open streets are also, mostly, traps. Removing some of the initial crossfire possibilities would be a good idea. Yes, it's a heavy map, but the main problem is people camping in that field. It's a useless "noob area", first and foremost. It is known as a shitty map, in my mind for that open field alone. 

also pilsen is a very bad map with all these historical huge buildings taking alot space from an already small map and that force you to drive your heavy on a 1 line only driveway because noone is stupid enough to go from the outside and get 1 arty shot + 2 camping td shots = to garage .com  and then there is the ridiculous line on 9-0 for the mediums and scouts which is to small for doing anything alse than just  trade your HP and thats not good for scouts. plus you always have the risk to get shots from the middle of the map for no reason what/ever

I agree on the open area. It's the same as Paris, basically. Light tanks don't have to scout, though Pilsen is arguably worse for general ambushing in the streets and whatnot. You can still have some fun in a paper tank if you don't go in before the heavy tanks. Still not a good map, but some basic strategy makes it at least "personally playable", i.e. you're relying on your team to realize what's important and what not.

Complaining about getting shot in the side is beyond dumb. I kind of like the 1-2-3-lines (or whatever), even if they are, from experience, too much for many players to handle. Tanks not being right in front is apparently hard to deal with.

Oh, and light tanks are more than 'scouts'. Playing them like 'scouts' can be detrimental to overall performance, just like playing light tanks as 'snipers' can be. You don't have to scout, that's a relic of the past where your T4 light tank saw T10 matches - and the only use those had were spotting enemy tanks.

and last but not least overlord , the map that whatever you go you get damage from TD's the good for nothing map that most people go to the beach because its the safest way but the slowest and losing the game before it starts because it takes you 3 minutes to get back up if your team needs your help the map which whatever you go there is no cover from destroyers and arties and if you have cover then you are not able to shoot some enemies meaning you are useless to your team and they play with 1 guy less the only way to win this map and have some actual results is by waiting from the enemy team to do something really stupid so you can shoot someone once without taking 5 shots back  , so why do you force us to play on a maps so bad like overlord, paris and pilsen is beyond me , why because they are real historical places? well, i only care about a game and having fun if i wanted history i would rather join a game where the tanks are retail like and not WG fantasy made. kharkov also is a historic tunnel map for heavies and heavy armored tds and mediums can play by trade there HP from the start of the game which no medium player wants scouts and arties are complete useless and also stalingrad another historical map that also needs more space for mediums/scouts but hey at least arties have some shots compared to kharkov which maps do you guys think they need to major rework/ remove leave your thoughts below :)

Now I regret actually replying to this pile of grammatical diarrhea, though for once you have a valid point - maps where almost any form of 'active gameplay' gets punished hard by camping TDs are indeed one of the greatest problems of WoT nowadays. It wouldn't take a lot to fix up the bases to be less campy, that's for sure, but alas that's what a large portion of the playerbase wants to do - and those who don't are more or less led to TDs because they are arguably the most useful as bottom-tiers. I don't even like playing TDs, but fact of the matter is that premium TDs are kings of the credit gain - high reward, low risk gameplay whenever it's called for.

Improving maps for artillery is not something that will happen. There's a reason for reworking artillery into the way it is now - removing the portion who played arty because "lol oneshot E100 in my T8 arty" - and restricting them to three per match (where they are still a disease, but not an instant one). You can't please every class on every map anyway. That's how Paris and Pilsen are arguably worse maps than Himmelsdorf - which arguably doesn't offer much to light tanks and TDs, but ends up being so much more fun to play regardless.

Edited by Aikl, 25 August 2017 - 07:18 PM.

Jigabachi #5 Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Not going to read that. Back to elementary school, please.

sgtYester #6 Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54035 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF
biggest problem are skymonkeys. alwyas have and always will be

cmgamesro #7 Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11697 battles
  • [DS-RO] DS-RO

I usually have problems with 2 maps. Paris, wich is only for HT, MT and LT can only wait the enemy to rush, flanking is not possible.

Himmelsdorf has the same problem, the place where lights and mediums should fight is too little, no space for flanking.

Tsimpas #8 Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 44192 battles
  • [EREKT] EREKT
leaving comments that judges my english aint gonna help , im trying to see what we can do to make this game even better , my english are crappy because im self learner from games and movies and even tho they are not the greatest i can communicate pretty well so , lets focus on the topic i started please.and btw , people from WG you can actually hire some lawyers  and sue the owners of the websites who upload all these cheats if you are too lazy to make a software to block them, works well , i mean wot once had 250 k people ++ and now less than 100k im talking about EU servers always for how long will you sit back and watch your game dies because 1/3 of the ppl who play the game have aimbots or illegal mods? im pretty sure you would act like crazy if there was a gold generator cheat , just because that way you would lose money

Edited by Tsimpas, 26 August 2017 - 09:46 AM.

Sfinski #9 Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:45 AM

Major

• Player
  • 31462 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostTsimpas, on 26 August 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

leaving comments that judges my english aint gonna help , im trying to see what we can do to make this game even better , my english are crappy because im self learner from games and movies and even tho they are not the greatest i can communicate pretty well so , lets focus on the topic i started please.

Using paragraphs, periods, capital letters etc. is universal for every language. 

Jigabachi #10 Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:03 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTsimpas, on 26 August 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

leaving comments that judges my english aint gonna help , 

This isn't about your English, this is about you being too lazy to use very simple grammar rules that apply to pretty much all European languages.

Unless your first language is something like Japanese or some bushman clicking language that doesn't even have a written form, you should know how to use paragraphs, capitalisation and punctuation.

_Anarchistic_ #11 Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37901 battles

most maps are designed to get close range brawls in one or 2 squares and who wins those generally wins the game

only a few maps allow secondary tactics or the ability to fall back, malinovka is a good example, win the hill and you can still defend the base and win the game.  sadly these more thoughtful maps seem to be the most complained about but they are in my personal opinion the most fun because they are not 5 minute roflstomps generally but require thinking and movement

However, too many maps do seem imbalanced

Live Oaks is a 9 line game but it is very hard to win 9 line from north spawn as you cant get to the dip in time

Mountain pass the 8 line covers the central bowl but again much easier to get to from the southern spawn 

highway is just an abomination if one team rushes field virtually always get a cap win

Mines encounter is a common complaint for its imbalance

erlenberg is clearly a DONR CROSS THE RIVER map and its much easier to defend the castle side

Overlord, airfield, don't go beach as those tanks lost to game for ever

but over all a few tweaks sort them out I think

Spurtung #12 Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:27 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 62822 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostTsimpas, on 26 August 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

leaving comments that judges my english aint gonna help

Language is not the issue here.

You got a block of text with 19 compact lines in which you manage to use 9 commas in total.

See the problem? Don't write as you talk.

Yakito #13 Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18866 battles
  • [-FCC-] -FCC-

there are some other maps however that they are so bad that even arty and TD can have hard arty  having fun

How sad.

But yes. Some maps are garbage. Having said that, there are maps where arty and tds have extremely powerful position and heavies and meds are farmed by sky pigs. 

Aikl #14 Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:58 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25284 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostTsimpas, on 26 August 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

leaving comments that judges my english aint gonna help , im trying to see what we can do to make this game even better , my english are crappy because im self learner from games and movies and even tho they are not the greatest i can communicate pretty well so , lets focus on the topic i started please.and btw , people from WG you can actually hire some lawyers  and sue the owners of the websites who upload all these cheats if you are too lazy to make a software to block them, works well , i mean wot once had 250 k people ++ and now less than 100k im talking about EU servers always for how long will you sit back and watch your game dies because 1/3 of the ppl who play the game have aimbots or illegal mods? im pretty sure you would act like crazy if there was a gold generator cheat , just because that way you would lose money

Corrected version:

Ignoring my (arguably) serious response to your dysentric writing effort won't help either. Your English isn't bad, it's just lazy. Bad spelling is fine, most of us don't have English as a first language anyway, but simply refusing to use capital letters and full stops (not to mention paragraphs) is lazy

Let's get to the content. You make claims without any reasoning or proof. That's 'two' on the 'lazy count'.

Suing cheat sites makes little sense. There's little legal basis in suing because someone exploits your game code. It would be like suing people who run coupon schemes. Pretty sure neither is illegal.

Pretty sure that WoT EU has never had 250k players online at the same time. That's roughly the server capacity, and I can't remember ever that I've been queuing when both servers are online. Heck, it's midday on a Sunday, and there's 87k online. There are way more players on at actual peak times - not to mention that it's the summer still.

Claiming that a third of the playerbase uses illegal mods or outright cheats is a new one. I don't believe that for a second, and there are only a select few mods which can give advantages not available through legal mods or the vanilla game.

It's pretty much limited to arty tracers and 'destroyed objects on minimap' from what I can remember. Neither are huge deals; the first because arty should always relocate (and doesn't get countered very often anyway),the second because it's mostly useful in organized play where you wonder exactly where the enemy tanks are.

Aimbots? Give me a break, my eye-hand coordination is a result of the evolution of the modern human - spanning 250,000 years at a minimum. Even at my skill level, I'd bet on that over some programming done by a Russian basement dweller over the span of a week.

Edited by Aikl, 27 August 2017 - 10:59 AM.

DracheimFlug #15 Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:59 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles
OP, rework or just remove?

BP_OMowe #16 Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24764 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

This took me less than two minutes, in between battles, to make somewhat readable.

If you want people to be bothered to read what you write, Tsimpas, you bloody well take the bother to write it in a readable format.

View PostTsimpas, on 25 August 2017 - 06:36 PM, said:

i cant help but notice that most of the maps like them or not ( that is a personal preference) they are very balanced and all tanks can do their part.
there are some other maps however that they are so bad that even arty and TD can have hard times having fun,
im making this topic to share my opinion with you guys and ask for yours on what maps do you think they need to be reworks or even removed from the game because they are very unbalanced or even bad designed

i have 4 maps in mind that needs to be complete removed or reworked so much that would be unrecognized:

im talking about the tunnel map paris which you can only use 1 road if you wanna play with heavies and have some actual results , and the wait and see who gets spotted first valley where everybody just for some poor guy to get spotted and then takes 5 shots on the way to garage,

also pilsen is a very bad map with all these historical huge buildings taking alot space from an already small map and that force you to drive your heavy on a 1 line only driveway because noone is stupid enough to go from the outside and get 1 arty shot + 2 camping td shots = to garage .com  and then there is the ridiculous line on 9-0 for the mediums and scouts which is to small for doing anything alse than just  trade your HP and thats not good for scouts. plus you always have the risk to get shots from the middle of the map for no reason what/ever

and last but not least overlord , the map that whatever you go you get damage from TD's
the good for nothing map that most people go to the beach because its the safest way but the slowest and losing the game before it starts because it takes you 3 minutes to get back up if your team needs your help
the map which whatever you go there is no cover from destroyers and arties
and if you have cover then you are not able to shoot some enemies meaning you are useless to your team and they play with 1 guy less
the only way to win this map and have some actual results is by waiting from the enemy team to do something really stupid so you can shoot someone once without taking 5 shots back  ,

so why do you force us to play on a maps so bad like overlord, paris and pilsen is beyond me , why because they are real historical places?
well, i only care about a game and having fun if i wanted history i would rather join a game where the tanks are retail like and not WG fantasy made.
kharkov also is a historic tunnel map for heavies and heavy armored tds
and mediums can play by trade there HP from the start of the game which no medium player wants
scouts and arties are complete useless

and also stalingrad another historical map that also needs more space for mediums/scouts but hey at least arties have some shots compared to kharkov

which maps do you guys think they need to major rework/ remove leave your thoughts below :)

View PostTsimpas, on 26 August 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

leaving comments that judges my english aint gonna help , im trying to see what we can do to make this game even better ,
my english are crappy because im self learner from games and movies
and even tho they are not the greatest i can communicate pretty well so , lets focus on the topic i started please.

and btw , people from WG you can actually hire some lawyers  and sue the owners of the websites who upload all these cheats

if you are too lazy to make a software to block them, works well , i mean wot once had 250 k people ++ and now less than 100k im talking about EU servers always for how long will you sit back and watch your game dies because 1/3 of the ppl who play the game have aimbots or illegal mods?

im pretty sure you would act like crazy if there was a gold generator cheat , just because that way you would lose money

uglycousin #17 Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:06 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 44379 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostSfinski, on 26 August 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

Using paragraphs, periods, capital letters etc. is universal for every language. 

View PostJigabachi, on 26 August 2017 - 12:03 PM, said:

This isn't about your English, this is about you being too lazy to use very simple grammar rules that apply to pretty much all European languages.

Unless your first language is something like Japanese or some bushman clicking language that doesn't even have a written form, you should know how to use paragraphs, capitalisation and punctuation.

OP, I wanted to say pretty much the same thing.

Paragraphs, capital letters and punctuation are basics in any european language.

It does not matter what is your primary language, if you want us to be able to follow your long texts then you have to at least try to make it readable by others. This is not judging you, or insulting you. Just giving feedback. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users