Team damage mechanic

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

MiseryLovesCompany #1 Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:55 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4559 battles
Can you please, for the love of God explain to me why does the team damage mechanic exist ? 
Is there any reason for it to exist in the game ?

The only thing that team damage promotes is violence and aggression between the team mates, and it is a way for trolls to have fun on both the live and the test server. I cannot count how many times I have shot a team mate by mistake and got killed by him or kept being trolled by him (for example, blocking my shots, pushing me into enemy fire or teaming up with his platoon mates to shoot my together and get rid of me) and they simply don't care about turning blue, and if I reported him simply nothing is going to happen, and If I sent you the replay all you are going to do is give me a pre-made text about why being sorry for such behavior from the player and that I should use the in-game report system, which as I said before does absolutely nothing because nobody cares about reporting the player expect for me because I am the one being trolled/ damaged by him. and in case that wasn't enough I have been shot by team mates at the beginning of a battle for fun, or because they are angry that I am getting damage and they are not, or shooting me for being a "bot" or an "afk idiot" while I am trying to spot. I have been one shot by an FV215B-183 because he thinks I am afk, and guess what happened ? absolutely nothing, he continued his game and got over 5 thousand damage while I was dead in the first minute with absolutely no damage done...
It really doesn't take more than 10 minutes to remove the team damage mechanic. it only promotes hate, violence and aggression and is a good way for trolls to have fun.
I have seen a lot of people that make a triple platoon and start wrecking havoc on every person on the battle, I once saw a triple platoon of JagdPanzer-E100 players who got 5 team kills between them, one of the team kills was me of course because I am a tier 8 medium who happens to be in front of them.
Can you please just give me a statement or account that makes it clear to me why the team damage mechanic exists ? 
I am sick of being team killed by other tanks, I am sick of being focused by a platoon on my team that want to team kill me, I am sick of losing games because of a triple platoon who is more dangerous to our team than the enemy team themselves...
I hope you have actually read the report and actually thought about what I have said instead of giving me a quick copy paste of a pre-made answer and completely ignore the havoc that is caused by one of your game mechanics.

I apologize for if you found that I was rude in any way, as I certainly don't mean to...
Have a nice day...

mrmoff10 #2 Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:01 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3767 battles

I don't mind it to be honest, I've never been team killed. I've been shot a couple of times by accident or the occasional idiot. When I accidentally hit a team mate I just apologise and everything is ok.

the reason it's in the game doesn't really matter because I don't think they will ever remove it.

laulaur #3 Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46450 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

View PostLostExcalibur, on 27 August 2017 - 12:55 AM, said:

I have been shot by team mates at the beginning of a battle for fun, or because they are angry that I am getting damage and they are not, or shooting me for being a "bot" or an "afk idiot" while I am trying to spot. I have been one shot by an FV215B-183 because he thinks I am afk, and guess what happened ? absolutely nothing, he continued his game and got over 5 thousand damage while I was dead in the first minute with absolutely no damage done...

Can you please just give me a statement or account that makes it clear to me why the team damage mechanic exists ? 

In 99% of cases when i am being shot by my team-mates, it is because i shot them first. I wonder why you are being shot a lot by your team for ''no reason'' ??

Maybe stop hard camping like a ''bot'' and/or ''afk *Edited'' and they gonna stop shoot you. Also being a [edited] reroll who just red-line camp and farms damage does not make your team to love you very much....

Why the team damage exists? Why after 6 years of WoT suddenly all [edited] are upset that team damage exists???

*Edited

There is a automated system that really works, so stop whyning like a little [edited] and get over it.

P.S.: You are still bad, i think you better reroll again. :deer:

Edited by Nohe21, 27 August 2017 - 06:59 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks and non constructive content.

MiseryLovesCompany #4 Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4559 battles

View Postlaulaur, on 27 August 2017 - 02:20 AM, said:

In 99% of cases when i am being shot by my team-mates, it is because i shot them first. I wonder why you are being shot a lot by your team for ''no reason'' ??

Maybe stop hard camping like a ''bot'' and/or ''afk idiot'' and they gonna stop shoot you. Also being a [edited] reroll who just red-line camp and farms damage does not make your team to love you very much....

Why the team damage exists? Why after 6 years of WoT suddenly all [edited] are upset that team damage exists???

It exists because this is not a anime tanks game designed for 5 yo autistic kids who does not know the difference between their team and the enemy.....

There is a automated system that really works, so stop whyning like a little [edited] and get over it.

P.S.: You are still bad, i think you better reroll again. :deer:

First of all there is no need to be an [edited], if you don't want to talk like a decent human being (which I doubt you even are one) then simply don't say anything

Second thing I am not a reroll, I was taught how to play by friends not that you care, and even if I was it is none of your business. why are you Edited about rerolls anyway ? you probably have 3 or 4 alt accounts that you train on and then brag about your "good stats" on your main, if of course it is your main >.>

Third thing I was never camping at the red line, I was spotting at the middle of the map on LakeVille, so don't talk about when you know nothing kiddo,Edited  ?

also before you start talking about stats and mocking rerolls, get real winrate with real tanks at higher tiers instead of seal clubbing with the matilda and the stug :facepalm:

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Edited by VMX, 27 August 2017 - 12:28 PM.

laulaur #5 Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46450 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

View PostLostExcalibur, on 27 August 2017 - 01:56 AM, said:

First of all there is no need to be an [edited], if you don't want to talk like a decent human being (which I doubt you even are one) then simply don't say anything

Second thing I am not a reroll, I was taught how to play by friends not that you care, and even if I was it is none of your business. why are you butthurt about rerolls anyway ? you probably have 3 or 4 alt accounts that you train on and then brag about your "good stats" on your main, if of course it is your main >.>

Third thing I was never camping at the red line, I was spotting at the middle of the map on LakeVille, so don't talk about when you know nothing kiddo, or are you a man on the internet big boy ?

also before you start talking about stats and mocking rerolls, get real winrate with real tanks at higher tiers instead of seal clubbing with the matilda and the stug :facepalm:

First of all, you come here and whyne like a little [edited] because someone shoot you - you get treated like a little [edited]

Second - sure you are not a reroll and your friends teached you how to play... We all believe you...

And you say i have 3 or 4 alternate accounts for training? Really? I have almost 42k battles bro, when do you think i would have time to train on other accounts?

Third thing - ok, maybe you git shot when you were actually doing something useful on Lakeville, that is one game. What about the other cases when your team shot you ''for no reason'' ?

And me seal clubbing with matilda and stug to get winrate? Those tanks are actually played by my girlfriend, and her skill level can hardly be called sealclubbing.

I also 'sealclubbed' with BC155-58 arty, trying to  do those personal missions.. But i guess that did not turn so well on my stats. 

You can check my high tier tanks and see i do not suck in them, and i play/played all classes and never skipped a tank with free xp.

Unforgiving_Destiny #6 Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48344 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postlaulaur, on 27 August 2017 - 01:20 AM, said:

It exists because this is not a anime tanks game designed for 5 yo autistic kids who does not know the difference between their team and the enemy.....

Strongly disagree with that as in the past 2 weeks majority of my team was exactly these type of THINGS that some call human .

View PostLostExcalibur, on 27 August 2017 - 01:56 AM, said:

Second thing I am not a reroll, I was taught how to play by friends not that you care, 

Majority of fail rerolls say that or they say they reroll for fun :hiding:

Bandahor #7 Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31111 battles

I think that own team damage exists because it happens in the real world.

I have done team damage by accident as follows:-

1)  I am aiming at an enemy tank and a friendly drives in front on me just as I fire.

2) Whilst using arty I fire, the shell can take 2 secs to hit target and a fast friendly gets within range of splash damage whilst the shell is in the air.

I have received team damage mostly by accident, a sorry from the player normally follows.

But there are some players that are total £$%&@ they just fire at any team member near them or they push you out into firing range of the enemy, or over a cliff because they

want that spot. 

Edited by Bandahor, 27 August 2017 - 11:53 AM.

AliceUnchained #8 Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:57 AM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostLostExcalibur, on 27 August 2017 - 01:55 AM, said:

it only promotes hate, violence and aggression 

Biggest load of bull feces I've read so far today.

Matcorr #9 Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22550 battles
I don't think team damage is ever going to be perfect, there are too many factors, it could be accidental or trolling like you've said. I do think they need to take into consideration who fires first though.

BKatt #10 Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30259 battles
  • [LGACY] LGACY

View PostAliceUnchained, on 27 August 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

Biggest load of bull feces I've read so far today.

Videogames also promote killers... True story, didnt u know. :girl:

AliceUnchained #11 Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:14 PM

General

• Player
  • 37820 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostBKatt, on 27 August 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

Videogames also promote killers... True story, didnt u know. :girl:

Don't make me come over there and silence you...

Jigabachi #12 Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17746 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLostExcalibur, on 27 August 2017 - 01:55 AM, said:

Can you please, for the love of God explain to me why does the team damage mechanic exist ? 

Ask >this player<,he is an absolute expert with that kind of stuff, he can answer all those questions you have.

BKatt #13 Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30259 battles
  • [LGACY] LGACY

View PostAliceUnchained, on 27 August 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

Don't make me come over there and silence you...

Sorry, not possible, im playing from jail.

Too many games and team damage took their toll. :hiding:

cmgamesro #14 Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11204 battles
  • [DS-RO] DS-RO
but Pankov said it's more realistic, he also said that +1/+2 MM is less fun than a +3 MM. this guy is a genius.

PowJay #15 Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:56 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33774 battles
Try reading one of the few dozen threads on the subject. The most recent won't be too far away. 

Stat_Padder #16 Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37045 battles

The only thing that team damage promotes is violence and aggression between the team mates, and it is a way for trolls to have fun on both the live and the test server. I cannot count how many times I have shot a team mate by mistake and got killed by him or kept being trolled by him (for example, blocking my shots, pushing me into enemy fire or teaming up with his platoon mates to shoot my together and get rid of me) and they simply don't care about turning blue, and if I reported him simply nothing is going to happen, and If I sent you the replay all you are going to do is give me a pre-made text about why being sorry for such behavior from the player and that I should use the in-game report system, which as I said before does absolutely nothing because nobody cares about reporting the player expect for me because I am the one being trolled/ damaged by him. and in case that wasn't enough I have been shot by team mates at the beginning of a battle for fun, or because they are angry that I am getting damage and they are not, or shooting me for being a "bot" or an "afk idiot" while I am trying to spot. I have been one shot by an FV215B-183 because he thinks I am afk, and guess what happened ? absolutely nothing, he continued his game and got over 5 thousand damage while I was dead in the first minute with absolutely no damage done...
It really doesn't take more than 10 minutes to remove the team damage mechanic. it only promotes hate, violence and aggression and is a good way for trolls to have fun.
I have seen a lot of people that make a triple platoon and start wrecking havoc on every person on the battle, I once saw a triple platoon of JagdPanzer-E100 players who got 5 team kills between them, one of the team kills was me of course because I am a tier 8 medium who happens to be in front of them.
I am sick of being team killed by other tanks, I am sick of being focused by a platoon on my team that want to team kill me, I am sick of losing games because of a triple platoon who is more dangerous to our team than the enemy team themselves...
I hope you have actually read the report and actually thought about what I have said instead of giving me a quick copy paste of a pre-made answer and completely ignore the havoc that is caused by one of your game mechanics.

I apologize for if you found that I was rude in any way, as I certainly don't mean to...
Have a nice day...

WG could easily code the game so no one on a team could shoot each other.. why they don't do it to save reports and bans I'd like to know?

Long_Range_Sniper #17 Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:29 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29440 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Two possible reasons,

1) The game is about shooting the enemy, so if you end up shooting your own team it's a lesson learned and reduces your winrate!

2) It's been common practice on the battlefield for centuries to "frag" the idiot who's going to get every one killed.

I reckon option one is the reason within WoT.

malachi6 #18 Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:12 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48594 battles

After 46,000 battles i can safely say I have been randomly shot at the start of the battle 3 times.  Twice was new players "testing" their guns.  One was a troll.  

Given you state this is a regular occurrence.  I would look for causal factors.  Are you perhaps a little "acerbic" when you notice your team composition.  I expect you do use XVM on this reroll?  Other causal factors could be you blocking or shooting allies yourself,  deliberately trolling shot from allies and finally grossly overestimating the number of times you have been team shot. 

I favour the "acerbic" comments cause.  Of course we will never know because for some reason you  do not save any replays of these incidents.  

Most things that occur regularly have a cause.  You getting shot regularly obviously has at its core.  You.

Blubba #19 Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51579 battles

After more than 47,000 battles, I can safely say I have been randomly shot more times than I can count at the start of the battle. This is, to be fair, usually at low tiers in my freemiums whilst newer players 'test' their guns but it is by no means unique to lower tiers. The start is what it is. Idiots will be idiots and that kind of thing is just something I have learnt not to care much about. Mid game however and players shooting you is a pain in the arse neck. It does happen when you/they drive out in front of you/across you but it's rare enough and an apology with short explanation is normally enough for a 'np' in return.

Every now and then though you get the total arsehole. Whilst frustrating, it's rare enough not to concern me. Sadly, they don't get banned fast enough but I probably share the same opinion of the in game report system as many others here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users