Jump to content


Opinions about Strv S1


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

imperiumgraecum #1 Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:48 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 59529 battles
  • 2,777
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
  • Member since:
    01-03-2011

Title's self-explanatory; any opinions regarding Strv S1 combat/credit earning abilities? 

I 've been considering buying it for some time.

Spoiler

 



qpranger #2 Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 30682 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

Got bouncier armour than UDES, the rest is of secondary importance. 

WG at its finest again, premium tank better than its regular counterpart.

#pay2win4ever


Edited by qpranger, 27 August 2017 - 08:52 PM.


ZlatanArKung #3 Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:54 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
I liked it with the old MM when I 3 marked it.

It has good dpm and accuracy and pen which was nice. Together with camo knowledge and proper bush work you can also shoot at enemies at like 200-250mm without getting spotted.

It required a certain skillset, but if you can do the other higher tiered swedish TD you can do this aswell.

It also have 330mm of armour, which means you can bully Patriot and other 90 mm and lower call guns.

JuicyProduction #4 Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:01 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27045 battles
  • 274
  • [OMNI] OMNI
  • Member since:
    11-10-2013

View Postimperiumgraecum, on 27 August 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

Title's self-explanatory; any opinions regarding Strv S1 combat/credit earning abilities? 

I 've been considering buying it for some time.

Spoiler

 

 

Don't expect any where near as much armour as tier 9 and 10. In fact your probs better not relying on armour at. Then again you're a much better player than me.

imperiumgraecum #5 Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:02 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 59529 battles
  • 2,777
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
  • Member since:
    01-03-2011

View Postqpranger, on 27 August 2017 - 10:51 PM, said:

Got bouncier armour than UDES, the rest is of secondary importance. 

WG at its finest again, premium tank better than its regular counterpart.

#pay2win4ever

 

I don't think any sane guy would try to brawl in a swedish td(unless it's the t10), plus, from what I checked in tanks.gg, udes and strv S1 are quite different tanks

 

View PostZlatanArKung, on 27 August 2017 - 10:54 PM, said:

I liked it with the old MM when I 3 marked it.
  • It has good dpm and accuracy and pen which was nice. Together with camo knowledge and proper bush work you can also shoot at enemies at like 200-250mm without getting spotted.
  • It required a certain skillset, but if you can do the other higher tiered swedish TD you can do this aswell.
  • It also have 330mm of armour, which means you can bully Patriot and other 90 mm and lower call guns.

 

The S1 actually has more camo than the 103b(according to ingame stats, ofc), and it's a whole 2 tiers lower(!!!), so I expect it to be quite a stealthy td



xtram3x #6 Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:41 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 30710 battles
  • 1,281
  • Member since:
    01-03-2013

It's good. More armour than UDES but slower.

I preferred the UDES because you'll die when you're spotted in either TD and the UDES gets places quicker. The STRV is better against lower tiers thanks to the auto bounce of all those 90mm guns :)



CmdRatScabies #7 Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:53 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 35165 battles
  • 3,538
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostZlatanArKung, on 27 August 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

It also have 330mm of armour, which means you can bully Patriot and other 90 mm and lower call guns.

 

330mm of armour?  I wish.   :)

Long_Range_Sniper #8 Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:59 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 29433 battles
  • 7,503
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View Postimperiumgraecum, on 27 August 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

 

I don't think any sane guy would try to brawl in a swedish td(unless it's the t10), plus, from what I checked in tanks.gg, udes and strv S1 are quite different tanks

 

 

The S1 actually has more camo than the 103b(according to ingame stats, ofc), and it's a whole 2 tiers lower(!!!), so I expect it to be quite a stealthy td

 

I don't play at your level, but I found I did a lot better in the UDES than the S1.

 

The UDES has the extra speed, and whilst the S1 can bounce where the UDES can't, it's in limited circumstances. If you work on the principle that you're spotted you're dead then that applies to both.

 

I bought the S1 as a crew trainer with the UDES, but now I'm 2/3 of the way through the 103-0 and I actually kept the UDES in the garage as it was such a good tank. With the current MM I haven't played the S1 for a while, now that I seem to be getting the hang of the 103. 

 

With hindsight, I should have probably just stayed at the UDES and worked that crew up with the S1.

 

TLDR. S1 - Pretty good tank, if you're going up the whole tech tree.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users