Sabaton

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

zerosumgame #1 Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46015 battles
  • [T-N-T] T-N-T

Just wondering why we are listening to Sabaton and rising our fists, but still the best we can achieve is to get our credit cards and buy pixel tanks? What is wrong with this generation?

Derethim #2 Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17135 battles

I think this has nothing to do with gameplay, but agreed.

It's called marketing.

Also, Sabaton is a terrible, terrible band any way you look at it.

Musical side? Everything is really simple, especially the vocals.

Lyrics? They sing about things you can't be neutral about, then claim to be neutral, also very simple ones...

Great shows? If you like to see a guy with a stupid haircut flexing, then yes.

Bad band, bad tank, great marketing.

Edited by Derethim, 27 August 2017 - 11:26 PM.

HaZardeur #3 Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33257 battles

Marketing strategy WG 2018 was already leaked:

TheJumpMaster #4 Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 46338 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

And in 2019 city maps  will be the focus. Here is the marketing strategy for these new city maps

Please forgive me I just arrived home from work and am extremely tired

DracheimFlug #5 Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostDerethim, on 27 August 2017 - 11:23 PM, said:

It's called marketing.

Lyrics? They sing about things you can't be neutral about, then claim to be neutral, also very simple ones...

If simple lyrics are a problem then "De do do do. De da da da" is all I have to say to you. Some people (also) say they have had enough of silly love songs. I take a look around and see it isn't so. Oh no.

What are they not neutral about? They do seem to oversimplify the subject matter, but not sure that counts as taking sides. 

And what is wrong with the Saba-tank? (serious question... I have read people here having tried it and finding it rather good)

Derethim #6 Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:07 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17135 battles

View PostDracheimFlug, on 27 August 2017 - 11:48 PM, said:

If simple lyrics are a problem then "De do do do. De da da da" is all I have to say to you. Some people (also) say they have had enough of silly love songs. I take a look around and see it isn't so. Oh no.

What are they not neutral about? They do seem to oversimplify the subject matter, but not sure that counts as taking sides. 

And what is wrong with the Saba-tank? (serious question... I have read people here having tried it and finding it rather good)

They oversimplify - that's it exactly ... just take a history book, read it, make up heroic lyrics about what you read and add simple catchy riffs.

The tank is just a re-skinned Centurion. Nothing special about it, just a bit better stats like with Bromwell and such.

Also, don't know where you're from, what you listen to etc. but whatever music festival you go to in Central Europe has Sabaton.

They are EVERYWHERE.

2014 I was on my first festival and guess who I had to fall asleep to? Sabaton.

Last year there was an Iron Maiden concert here in Slovakia, guess who opened for them? Sabaton.

I went to my favorite festival this year, guess who was the headliner? Sabaton.

And most of their fans are above 40 and are extremely annoying at shows of anything else, that isn't Sabaton.

jabster #7 Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:12 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostDerethim, on 27 August 2017 - 11:07 PM, said:

They oversimplify - that's it exactly ... just take a history book, read it, make up heroic lyrics about what you read and add simple catchy riffs.

The tank is just a re-skinned Centurion. Nothing special about it, just a bit better stats like with Bromwell and such.

Also, don't know where you're from, what you listen to etc. but whatever music festival you go to in Central Europe has Sabaton.

They are EVERYWHERE.

2014 I was on my first festival and guess who I had to fall asleep to? Sabaton.

Last year there was an Iron Maiden concert here in Slovakia, guess who opened for them? Sabaton.

I went to my favorite festival this year, guess who was the headliner? Sabaton.

And most of their fans are above 40 and are extremely annoying at shows of anything else, that isn't Sabaton.

If you want to learn about history then read a history book, don't listen to music. As for people over forty liking music, well this may come as a surprise to you but not only do people of that age like music they also .... wait for it, have sex. Dreadful isn't it what old people get up to in their spare time.

Edited by jabster, 28 August 2017 - 07:48 AM.

Joggaman #8 Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:57 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23048 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDracheimFlug, on 28 August 2017 - 12:48 AM, said:

The Police spotted

ZlatanArKung #9 Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:39 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostDracheimFlug, on 27 August 2017 - 11:48 PM, said:

Currently it is a p2w tank, or just a much stronger Centurion mk.1.

But WG said they will buff the Centurion mk.1 to same levels as the Strv 81. And if/when that happens, it is just another T8 premium medium tank which offers nothing special at all.

gunslingerXXX #10 Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:40 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10720 battles
I'm usually not one to try and put lables/categories to music, especially metal.... but with this Sabaton song the term "easy listening" comes to mind. Man what a cliche song this is!

DracheimFlug #11 Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:47 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostZlatanArKung, on 28 August 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

Currently it is a p2w tank, or just a much stronger Centurion mk.1.

But WG said they will buff the Centurion mk.1 to same levels as the Strv 81. And if/when that happens, it is just another T8 premium medium tank which offers nothing special at all.

So... it is OP then? Or just better currently than a tank that many consider currently questionable? 

After the regular Cent is buffed, would that make the regular Cent OP too then? Shouldn't we be worried about that, if true?

Sfinski #12 Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:49 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 30958 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostDerethim, on 28 August 2017 - 12:23 AM, said:

It's called marketing.

Lemmy collected german ww2 clothes etc. Yet he were not a nazi. Slayer sings about nazies quite a bit, not nazies either. You can make songs about things you dont agree with. 

And no. I dont like Sabaton at all...

UrQuan #13 Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:53 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19411 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDracheimFlug, on 28 August 2017 - 07:47 AM, said:

So... it is OP then? Or just better currently than a tank that many consider currently questionable? 

After the regular Cent is buffed, would that make the regular Cent OP too then? Shouldn't we be worried about that, if true?

It's a T8 med. Outside a select few, most are in a rather bad spot imo, This Sabaton tank, while looking decent for a T8 med, is still gonna have trouble in the current T8 matchmaking, enjoying alot of T9 & TX encounters.

ZlatanArKung #14 Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:59 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostDracheimFlug, on 28 August 2017 - 07:47 AM, said:

If premium tank A is better then regular tank B. Premium tank A is a p2w tank, since it competes with tank B and outperforms it.

Then regular tank A can be pretty underwhelming anyway. Just like tank B is meh compared to other T8 tanks, it is still a p2w tank since it competes with tank A.

DracheimFlug #15 Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:04 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostZlatanArKung, on 28 August 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

If premium tank A is better then regular tank B. Premium tank A is a p2w tank, since it competes with tank B and outperforms it.

Then regular tank A can be pretty underwhelming anyway. Just like tank B is meh compared to other T8 tanks, it is still a p2w tank since it competes with tank A.

So if a premium tank is better than ANY equal tier regular tank, no matter how bad, it is pay to win, despite the existence of other tanks equal or better than said premium in that tier? So by your definition, premium tanks, tanks that you actually pay for, should all be steaming piles of dung that no one would want?

AngelofAwe #16 Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:05 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 39030 battles
I kinda like Sabaton songs. :ohmy:

But I guess my taste is pretty odd and varied...

The only kind of music I'd throw in a well is crap like most rap, really dark metal where you can't even make out the lyrics and worthless pop songs like despacito. 

Edited by AngelofAwe, 28 August 2017 - 08:08 AM.

DracheimFlug #17 Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:20 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostAngelofAwe, on 28 August 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

The only kind of music I'd throw in a well is crap like most rap, really dark metal where you can't even make out the lyrics and worthless pop songs like despacito. 

Their songs seem alright, but not good enough to make me rush out an buy an album. The tank sounds good but with only the one Swedish medium line and mediums ending with the Leo, there isn't much point in the thing as a trainer.

jabster #18 Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostAngelofAwe, on 28 August 2017 - 07:05 AM, said:

Not my cup of tea to be honest but each to their own and all that. I can't say I dislike any music genre but there are bands/groups I do dislike. Even the worst kind of throw away pop music (think of the Cheeky Girls) has some merit as it doesn't pretend to be anything it's not. What I dislike is when some music executive realises there's money to be made from manafacturing a more mainstream version of a band that can be associated with something that is considered 'edgy' by the 'youth of today'. Hip-hop/rap has suffered really badly from that.

DracheimFlug #19 Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:05 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View Postjabster, on 28 August 2017 - 08:52 AM, said:

Not my cup of tea to be honest but each to their own and all that. I can't say I dislike any music genre but there are bands/groups I do dislike. Even the worst kind of throw away pop music (think of the Cheeky Girls) has some merit as it doesn't pretend to be anything it's not. What I dislike is when some music executive realises there's money to be made from manafacturing a more mainstream version of a band that can be associated with something that is considered 'edgy' by the 'youth of today'. Hip-hop/rap has suffered really badly from that.

And Boy Bands... I have never been a fan of boy bands (unless you count The Monkeys, who started artificial but fought their way to legitimacy)

jack_timber #20 Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:22 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32474 battles

View PostDracheimFlug, on 28 August 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

And Boy Bands... I have never been a fan of boy bands (unless you count The Monkeys, who started artificial but fought their way to legitimacy)

By Eck u must be from my generation I can remember watching them on a B&W telly.

Now what did u call the one with the woolly hat?

Also tagged with Sabaton

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users