mission feedback ui redesign

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

AnubisIGI #1 Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19358 battles

Hello,

After a break from World of Tanks of 3-4 months, I decided to return and the most notable user interface difference (at least for me) is the redesign of the missions menu.

I apologize if this is not the correct section to post this thread or if others were already posted on the EU forum, but I couldn't find a 'Feedback/Suggestions' section on this forum as compared to the NA one (check this thread). Off Topic: I find it frustrating to have different forums for the EU and NA servers because it prevents users from participating in discussions on a different forum than the one where they have their account (without of course going through the trouble of creating another account).

When I saw it I wanted to come straight away to the forum and [edited]about it, but I decided to wait a bit and maybe I'll get used to it. I gave it about two weeks, but I had enough of that.

1. I have no idea what went through the game designer's brain when he created these horrible boxes for each mission which give you less details than the old menu (for example the tanks which are applicable to that particular mission). In the previous ui, the user could clearly see if the currently selected tank can be used to complete a specific mission as the mission name was greyed out and it had a Ø symbol as far as I remeber.
  2. The new UI takes much more space than the old one and gives you less information.
  3. The discounts to tanks/equipment/consumables is gone as far as I can see or maybe there is a different section for this info. But I still preferred to have missions and discounts in the same menu as they were the first thing I checked when starting the client. Now I have to go through this horrible new menu, check the tech trees manually and store for any discounts.

In conclusion, the new UI takes too much space, it's less informative and spreads the information around on more menus/screens than necessary. If someone from Wargaming reads this, please take these things into consideration.

Edited by AnubisIGI, 30 August 2017 - 05:06 PM.

Spurtung #2 Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:29 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61592 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

Agreed on everything. We're all having to put up with this badly designed concept.

About point 3, the discounts you mention were due yesterday, part of a weekend special, that's why it's "gone".

Edited by Spurtung, 28 August 2017 - 02:29 PM.

laulaur #3 Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46460 battles

For those too lazy too read much, the OP tells that the new UI for missions/specials is crap.

I agree, it is tedious and uninformative.

Sir_Bad #4 Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44701 battles
Agreed. The new design is just crap.

SuedKAT #5 Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I rarely care about missions but at the rare occasions that I do I found the old UI to present me with the information I needed fast and without much fuss, sure it wasn't pretty or perfect in any way, but it did the job. The new UI makes me think of one word, unintuitive, I opened it once or twice, clicked around and decided to care even less about missions then I did before. 

Kooallu #6 Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 41314 battles
yeah that new mission tab is horrible, :facepalm: old one was wayyy better.

eldrak #7 Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46578 battles
  • [NE-VO] NE-VO

New one is less clear and it takes a lot of scrolling to see everything. It's less intuitive than the old one.

Not sure what the difference between missions and events is sometimes, not really sure there is any and the extra tab could be eliminated.

Not having popup tips on the ingame discount announcement is bad so you're never really sure exactly what it's for.

When getting camo etc you can't tell if you're buying with discount or not (except for the price).

Smokermann #8 Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 43926 battles
  • [EST-D] EST-D
Agree with everything who started this topic 

PointZero #9 Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42190 battles

View PostAnubisIGI, on 28 August 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

The discounts to tanks/equipment/consumables is gone as far as I can see or maybe there is a different section for this info.

They just hid it in another place which seems to be the reoccuring theme of the new UI. If you click at the renamed depot that is the "Store", the first tab is called "Specials" and it lists the tanks/equipment/consumables that are on sale.

Since the Gamescom weekend already ended it currently only lists Swedish tank destroyers since those still have the Top of the tree discount applied to them.

TIGERMARK3 #10 Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16476 battles
  • [RO-SR] RO-SR
Yep. The new UI is just stupid. Not going to get full iChase on this matter, but this interface is bugging me out. I tried to get used to it for months, but it simply does not work. Weekly or special events mission present in the 'Tournament' box and so on. No, just no. Bring back the old UI

BP_OMowe #11 Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:15 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 24764 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-
With a certain risk of repeating myself,mission UI needs to contain certain easy accessible elements:

* Reward - what you get for completing the mission.

* Task - what you have to do to get the reward.

* Limitations - what tanks / classes / game modes you may use to complete the task.

The above should be obvious when meeting the GUI for the very first time, or it is a failure.

Also tagged with mission, feedback, ui, redesign

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users