Jump to content


when to nerf or boost?


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

RockyRoller #1 Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:40 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32320 battles
  • 1,240
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
  • Member since:
    06-15-2016

I can't help noticing how some tanks are always in vogue. Obvious why. They are better at winning the battle than any combination of tank put up against them.

 

So my question is what is the argument for not nerfing the IS3?



qpranger #2 Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:42 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 32457 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostRockyRoller, on 28 August 2017 - 10:40 PM, said:

So my question is what is the argument for not nerfing the IS3?

 

Defender.

SuedKAT #3 Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:50 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 6,493
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostRockyRoller, on 28 August 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

I can't help noticing how some tanks are always in vogue. Obvious why. They are better at winning the battle than any combination of tank put up against them.

 

So my question is what is the argument for not nerfing the IS3?

 

WG buffs a tank, then it takes close to a year to nerf it again, like the E5 and now the Maus and Type-5, however even though I find this quite incompetent from their side I'm also fairly certain why they do it. They overbuff a tank, players hear that it's OP and immediately starts grinding towards it and in the process they use gold to convert Free XP, then after a while they nerf it and repeat the process with another tank, meaning that it's time to waste that Free XP on another line.  

RockyRoller #4 Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:04 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32320 battles
  • 1,240
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
  • Member since:
    06-15-2016

SuedKAT

I have known other MMOs doing the same so you are probably right. It just makes me wonder why have these uber tanks dominate when they could do all sorts of other things. Like only 3 per side like SPGs? This way would not even need to change the tanks stats when they mess up?



jabster #5 Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:20 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • 23,390
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostSuedKAT, on 28 August 2017 - 08:50 PM, said:

 

WG buffs a tank, then it takes close to a year to nerf it again, like the E5 and now the Maus and Type-5, however even though I find this quite incompetent from their side I'm also fairly certain why they do it. They overbuff a tank, players hear that it's OP and immediately starts grinding towards it and in the process they use gold to convert Free XP, then after a while they nerf it and repeat the process with another tank, meaning that it's time to waste that Free XP on another line.  

 

You cynic you. Next you'll be saying that they put rubbish tanks in tech trees for the same reason :unsure:

Edited by jabster, 28 August 2017 - 10:21 PM.


SuedKAT #6 Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:31 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 6,493
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostRockyRoller, on 28 August 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

SuedKAT

I have known other MMOs doing the same so you are probably right. It just makes me wonder why have these uber tanks dominate when they could do all sorts of other things. Like only 3 per side like SPGs? This way would not even need to change the tanks stats when they mess up?

 

Cash, the data we have from sites like VBaddict and WoTNews quite clearly shows overperforming and underperforming tanks, sure that's not the entire picture but fixing the worst offenders would be rather easy, but that would discourage us from grinding new tanks and foremost spending cash, two things that from their perspective is of great importance since even if you don't spend cash you contribute to others doing it just by pressing the battle button one more time.

View Postjabster, on 28 August 2017 - 10:20 PM, said:

 

You cynic you. Next you'll be saying that they put rubbish tanks in tech trees for the same reason :unsure:

 

Hehe yeah I might actually do that ;)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users