Jump to content


Update 9.20 Feedback - SPG Improvements


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

Kandly #1 Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:35 PM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 698 battles
  • 802
  • Member since:
    08-23-2016

Commanders,

 

Please leave your feedback regarding the SPG improvements in Update 9.20 below.

 

Cheers,

Kandly



_KARKHOV_ #2 Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:07 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 28762 battles
  • 33
  • Member since:
    06-18-2013
arty still on game not worth the time 

Kayi4ek #3 Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:56 PM

    WoT Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 18323 battles
  • 2,692
  • Member since:
    09-02-2013

View Post_KARKHOV_, on 30 August 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

arty still on game not worth the time 

 

#playartybehappy

ainarskazbukis2 #4 Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:57 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 36088 battles
  • 2
  • [LVTD] LVTD
  • Member since:
    05-05-2012

I DONT LIKE

 



D2R52 #5 Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:17 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 15626 battles
  • 90
  • Member since:
    05-07-2015

 

Several battles in Bishop after 9.20:

- looks like is is useless now, because: it has no stun, it has almost no splash, and low pen, so you need to aim and put shell directly on the enemy vehicle

- event if you got direct hit, its HE shell now do 30-50 damage instead of usual 150-200, why?

 

Sorry, but you have over-nerfed Bishop.

 


Edited by D2R52, 30 August 2017 - 06:18 PM.


D2R52 #6 Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:19 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 15626 battles
  • 90
  • Member since:
    05-07-2015

View PostKayi4ek, on 30 August 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

 

#playartybehappy

 

#bufftheBishop

clickYeap #7 Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:23 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14859 battles
  • 213
  • Member since:
    01-03-2016

The splash damage from some guns is so low.. that even paper thin tanks getting on an open field within 2-3 m radius only 50-150 damage.

 

In other words... arty is useless now.. so i guess some people got what they wanted.



Koima57 #8 Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:21 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1528 battles
  • 21
  • Member since:
    05-09-2017

I read there would be a limit of 2 artillery pieces per game; disappointed it is limited to ranked battles... Please extend this to standard battles.

 

Edit : Also think of a way for arties to self defend themselves... With such low damage, think to reduce the reload, reduce the stun duration to balance this... Don't want to wait 35-40 sec for 300-400ish damage a medium hit in a shell every 6 or 7!


Edited by Koima57, 30 August 2017 - 11:24 PM.


ktistai #9 Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:54 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 47703 battles
  • 256
  • [REST] REST
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011
Arties are still OP considering the skill needed to be played. I know a lot of people that quit the game because of arty. And those trash things are still here and still overpowered. Unbelievable :))

Steve8066 #10 Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:46 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12967 battles
  • 884
  • Member since:
    10-06-2015
Splash damage is non-existant now.

Biostud #11 Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:54 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 13589 battles
  • 57
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013
Better than before but no game has been improved by artillery present. It is fun to play arty, but it makes the game less fun for the rest of the players.

torloisk #12 Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:01 PM

    Corporal

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 30822 battles
  • 159
  • [SHOR] SHOR
  • Member since:
    04-06-2013

today 2 arties in one platoon, since when is this possible again. breaking the game even more

 

limit arty to 1 per team or remove it completely, otherwise game is even more broken for lightly armored tanks


Edited by torloisk, 31 August 2017 - 10:02 PM.


Kayi4ek #13 Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:21 AM

    WoT Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 18323 battles
  • 2,692
  • Member since:
    09-02-2013

View Posttorloisk, on 31 August 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

today 2 arties in one platoon, since when is this possible again. breaking the game even more

 

limit arty to 1 per team or remove it completely, otherwise game is even more broken for lightly armored tanks

 

You can invite other players into the dynamic platoon while playing SPG, but you can't get into the battle with two SPG in the platoon.

Elhazzared #14 Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:26 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21544 battles
  • 821
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    03-23-2011
Arty Improvments? You mean more nerfs right?

fighting_falcon93 #15 Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:10 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 32092 battles
  • 4,186
  • Member since:
    02-05-2013

 

How many years will it take until WG realises that artillery can't be fixed?


Edited by Asklepi0s, 14 September 2017 - 11:54 AM.


Koima57 #16 Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:18 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1528 battles
  • 21
  • Member since:
    05-09-2017

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 01 September 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

 

How many years will it take until WG realises that artillery can't be fixed?

 

Eh; bad place at bad timing...

 

Yet,

 

This player would have been fried in 2 gold rounds by old arty. 

 

That player could have hug the rock sooner for cover using his repair kit...

 

Those arties wait half a minute for crap damage. The French one ROF caused this.permatrack.

 

 

 

 


Edited by Asklepi0s, 14 September 2017 - 12:20 PM.


Kalsarimies #17 Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:48 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 34376 battles
  • 73
  • Member since:
    02-28-2013

I had a long break from the game so the following is for 9.18 actually.

 

PROBLEM #1: counter battery is useless. Even a direct hit is not enough to kill an enemy SPG.

SOLUTION: reduce SPG hit points or armor thickness by 25%.

 

PROBLEM #2: close combat does not work anymore so there are too many maps where SPGs do have very little use.

SOLUTION: remove SPGs from certain maps (Paris, Ensk, Kharkov, Himmelsdorf, Ruinberg, Stalingrad).

 

PROBLEM #3: SPGs are still too common. 3 arties in a city map is frustrating to arty players and 3 arties in an open map is frustrating to everyone.

SOLUTION: make the shells more expensive.

 

PROBLEM #4: SPGs are too stealthy and hard to avoid. They can shoot dozens of shots from one position to different targets but it often happens that the remaining players don't know in the end where the enemy SPGs are.

SOLUTION: the minimap should automatically show a rough approximation of the location from where the shot was fired. This would help players to avoid artillery but also to kill artillery more easily by blindshooting them.



Gnomus #18 Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:31 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34486 battles
  • 2,029
  • [ASEET] ASEET
  • Member since:
    02-12-2011

View PostKalsarimies, on 02 September 2017 - 06:48 AM, said:

I had a long break from the game so the following is for 9.18 actually.

 

PROBLEM #1: counter battery is useless. Even a direct hit is not enough to kill an enemy SPG.

SOLUTION: reduce SPG hit points or armor thickness by 25%.

 

PROBLEM #2: close combat does not work anymore so there are too many maps where SPGs do have very little use.

SOLUTION: remove SPGs from certain maps (Paris, Ensk, Kharkov, Himmelsdorf, Ruinberg, Stalingrad).

 

PROBLEM #3: SPGs are still too common. 3 arties in a city map is frustrating to arty players and 3 arties in an open map is frustrating to everyone.

SOLUTION: make the shells more expensive.

 

PROBLEM #4: SPGs are too stealthy and hard to avoid. They can shoot dozens of shots from one position to different targets but it often happens that the remaining players don't know in the end where the enemy SPGs are.

SOLUTION: the minimap should automatically show a rough approximation of the location from where the shot was fired. This would help players to avoid artillery but also to kill artillery more easily by blindshooting them.

 

#1 This is wrong way. It would only make counter arty even more RNG if anyone tires it and if they hit or not. Instead of making one shell more effective it should be made easier and more profitable. Your solution #4 would already help a lot by giving general position of enemy arty. Then make tracers easier to see and reward counter battery little more. 

 

#2 Again wrong way. No tank/class should get selected maps. If self defense needs to be better then make gun handling for arties better. Alternatively make arties little more mobile. Or just accept that arty can do harm indirectly and safely, but is free kill on close quarters.

 

#3 WoT-News gives SPG weekly share as 7.59%. I would say that is not too common. Three arties in one battle can be a nuisance, but those do not happen so often. There has to be some tolerance for rare occurances. Having an open map and having 5+ TD's is also bad or 3+ Maus/Type5 on city map. Occasional 3 arty battle is not a problem. If arty share starts to grow over 10% then it could need some way to reduce population. Also I'm not sure how much effect increase of shell cost would be for arty. Do people play them to make money or would they reduce arty battles if battles would be little more expensive?

 

#4 This sounds good, and have been suggested earlier. If arties general position would be known it would make it easier to get to safety. Same time I would like to see arty mobility increased. Arty player who sits in common place all battle would be easier to avoid and kill while player making good moves would be harder to kill and get shots in from unexpected direction. Combine this to making counter battery easier and more profitable and it would bring lot more skill to using arty and avoiding arty.



Kalsarimies #19 Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:57 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 34376 battles
  • 73
  • Member since:
    02-28-2013

View PostGnomus, on 02 September 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

 

#1 This is wrong way. It would only make counter arty even more RNG if anyone tires it and if they hit or not. Instead of making one shell more effective it should be made easier and more profitable. Your solution #4 would already help a lot by giving general position of enemy arty. Then make tracers easier to see and reward counter battery little more. 

 

#2 Again wrong way. No tank/class should get selected maps. If self defense needs to be better then make gun handling for arties better. Alternatively make arties little more mobile. Or just accept that arty can do harm indirectly and safely, but is free kill on close quarters.

 

#1: What does "more RNG" mean and how it would affect to the battle outcome? Even if direct hit killed arty every time, you still need to detect a shell tracer and you often need 2 shots to hit once. Counter battery would not be game changing because it wasn't game changing before 9.18 either. But it would add a bit fun to the game and a good player would get a little advantage in contrast to the current situation.

 

#2: Gun handling does not matter because, for example, tier 9 arty does something like 350 dmg to the front of T49. Earlier, you were able to keep the enemy behind the corner. Now you can only do that 350dmg and die. And, no general would bring arties to the city fight in real life so why not remove them from city maps? You can already turn on and off encounter and assault battle modes which gives you a little advantage for certain types of tanks.



CaptainThunderWalker #20 Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:36 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18937 battles
  • 1,297
  • Member since:
    09-25-2015

View PostKalsarimies, on 02 September 2017 - 06:48 AM, said:

I had a long break from the game so the following is for 9.18 actually.

 

PROBLEM #1: counter battery is useless. Even a direct hit is not enough to kill an enemy SPG.

SOLUTION: reduce SPG hit points or armor thickness by 25%.

 

PROBLEM #2: close combat does not work anymore so there are too many maps where SPGs do have very little use.

SOLUTION: remove SPGs from certain maps (Paris, Ensk, Kharkov, Himmelsdorf, Ruinberg, Stalingrad).

 

PROBLEM #3: SPGs are still too common. 3 arties in a city map is frustrating to arty players and 3 arties in an open map is frustrating to everyone.

SOLUTION: make the shells more expensive.

 

PROBLEM #4: SPGs are too stealthy and hard to avoid. They can shoot dozens of shots from one position to different targets but it often happens that the remaining players don't know in the end where the enemy SPGs are.

SOLUTION: the minimap should automatically show a rough approximation of the location from where the shot was fired. This would help players to avoid artillery but also to kill artillery more easily by blindshooting them.

 

Suggestion 1. No. Suggestion 4 should achieve the same and is a much better way to punish the clickers that are wanking at the same time.

 

Suggestion 2: The wrong way of fixing it. Instead, artillery should become better in close combat (I would suggest an AP shell with a serious amount of penetration that can only be used in direct fire mode).

 

Suggestion three misses the point - campers gonna camp and there are players that play arty for the girlies as well, and others play it for a change of pace. Variety is key and arty is part of that variety.

I don't really think anyone plays artillery to make credits to begin with - it's the most expensive class to play. If you want to make credits, you play Tier VIII Premiums, or at least Tier VI premiums if you are F2P and just have the marathon tanks.

Also, the only arty played to make more credits is the LeFh, and that's a premium and as such won't be touched by other balance changes affecting artillery either (though it's the one that needs changes the most).

 

Yeah, suggestion #4 is great.


Edited by CaptainThunderWalker, 02 September 2017 - 01:36 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users