Suggestions what should WG implement new (and old) ideas

• Please log in to reply
1345 replies to this topic

Jethro_Grey #1 Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4294 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

In WoWS we have a suggestion thread, that was pinned ages ago where players could post their suggestion and the WG team would forward them to the DEVs. Since we don't have one for WoT, i'd like to start one and ask @Kandly and other WG staff and or moderators to do pin this one and remove all non-suggestion posts from this topic.

To avoid getting it closed, i'll post the same rules TheCinC set for the WoWS thread and which have worked well so far, i've modified it to fit to WoT:

Please help make World of Tanks great again and add your own suggestions here.

When you add a suggestion, please keep it positive, constructive and if possible, to the point.

Be clear, be specific if possible, use terminology we all understand.

Use your likes to vote for ideas you might like but please:

Please do not comment on the suggestions, just like them or not, so we can keep this clean and people can just trawl through the suggestions of us forumites.

If you run out of likes, come back another day.

I've seen quite a few inspiring suggestions, but most of those threads die a lonely death sooner or later, this is my way of trying to keep them alive.

If you want a separate topic, or already have one and want me to add them here, PM me and I'll try to add a link in the OP ASAP.

If you want to comment/discuss any or all of the suggestions, please start a separate topic for that suggestion.

If you agree with a suggestion, just click 'Like this'. The more likes, the more popular a suggestion is, the more likely it will at least attract attention.

Thank you for your attention and your cooperation. :honoring:  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll start by making a suggestion that is actually lifted from our resindent Hamster in this thread, and slightly adjusted.

Basically, i'd like to see a PvE mode implemented with several game modes which wouldn't work too well in PvP.

WoWS showed us, that a well made PvE mode is not only fun ( despite lower credit and XP gain), but also breaks up the monotony of the endless PvP grind. It allows players to immerse themself in Operations and battles based on historical events.

Nation vs Nation, Operations on large maps ( which are restricted to TX in PvP), historical battles and many other modes would work in PvE quite well and as additional Bonus, all the olden maps ( like Dragons Ridge) that have been removed due to being imbalanced in PvP could be used in PvE and get a revival. 

As additional bonus, this mode could be used to get used to new aquired tanks and as practice 'grounds', without disturbing the actual gameplay in PvP.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second suggestion:

Pls let us preview emblems and inscriptions on all tanks. 

Right now,  certain inscriptions are bound to a tank permanently if i commit, so it's either that or not having them on the tank.

Hope to see many suggestions and please remember to not discuss them in this thread!

Jigabachi #2 Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

POPULAR

We have over SIX YEARS of forum content filled with all kinds of suggestions already. What we don't have is a mod or community guy caring about even a single one of those.

Edited by Jigabachi, 29 August 2017 - 07:05 PM.

brisha #3 Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15368 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG
Yea right a suggestions thread dream on. You do realise that about 90% of the threads in the forum are suggestions don't you? All completely ignored by WG but GL anyway.

SuedKAT #4 Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

We used to have an entire forum section for this, however when they reworked the forum sections and polices a while back they removed it and there is actually a section intended as it's replacement, at least if the post regarding it made by Ectar after the rework is anything to go by, this is the section: http://forum.worldof...current-update/

However it's a bit more restrictive what's allowed and not now than it used to be.

Jethro_Grey #5 Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4294 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

Well, maybe because each suggestion was discussed, some even quited heated, contained more trolling than substance and/ or has been trashtalked?

Why would anyone care about the contents of a whine, troll or trashtalk thread? I am trying seriously to start something here guys, a place to collect all the new ideas and ideas that admittedly have been posted ages ago, but without all the useless balast that usually fills up these threads. It works in WoWS, it can work here too.

Edited by Jethro_Grey, 29 August 2017 - 05:43 PM.

qpranger #6 Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:47 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 32078 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

OP, please don't be discouraged by some people on here.

Keep up the good work with suggestions because WG really care!

SuedKAT #7 Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJethro_Grey, on 29 August 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

Well, maybe because each suggestion was discussed, some even quited heated, contained more trolling than substance and/ or has been trashtalked?

Why would anyone care about the contents of a whine, troll or trashtalk thread? I am trying seriously to start something here guys, a place to collect all the new ideas and ideas that admittedly have been posted ages ago, but without all the useless balast that usually fills up these threads. It works in WoWS, it can work here too.

I agree with you and think it would be a great thing to have an actual suggestion thread and/or forum section, however that require work from WG's side and apart from an occasional visit from the community managers we don't see much action here, generally it's advised to make a post on the RU WoT forums if you actually want some feedback apart from other players views. WoWs however look at it completely differently, might be due to the age of the game, might not, I have no idea really.

jack_timber #8 Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33034 battles

Yes great idea. So let's focus on the positive suggestions, let's face it often posts can descend into the depths of depravities....

U know the ones ' get rid of arty' 'MM is dogs droppings' etc etc.

I always remain positive that someone somewhere within WG will, perhaps, read the posts that offer worthy constructive ideas.

Let's see then... 

Just had a thought...

This thread would be better pinned...

Edited by jack_timber, 29 August 2017 - 06:13 PM.

jabster #9 Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12535 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostSuedKAT, on 29 August 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

I agree with you and think it would be a great thing to have an actual suggestion thread and/or forum section, however that require work from WG's side and apart from an occasional visit from the community managers we don't see much action here, generally it's advised to make a post on the RU WoT forums if you actually want some feedback apart from other players views. WoWs however look at it completely differently, might be due to the age of the game, might not, I have no idea really.

I think the 'community management' is pretty poor but I'm not sure how they can tackle the overall issue. To put it simply WoT is just to big a game to make it that manageable. The fact that they devs, as far s I know, aren't the best at English really doesn't help the EU forum.

Saying all of that just a little more interaction, even if it is just recognising valid complaints, would seem to go a long way to changing the overall view of WG. 

SuedKAT #10 Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjabster, on 29 August 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

I think the 'community management' is pretty poor but I'm not sure how they can tackle the overall issue. To put it simply WoT is just to big a game to make it that manageable. The fact that they devs, as far s I know, aren't the best at English really doesn't help the EU forum.

Saying all of that just a little more interaction, even if it is just recognising valid complaints, would seem to go a long way to changing the overall view of WG. 

True I agree fully, it's quite the undertaking to manage suggestions properly, however WG ain't exactly doing a great job at showing their EU consumers that they even exist in the first place either. I just hope that the community management team and the server cluster as a whole put forward the ideas and suggestions EU have and not just go with what's said on the RU servers, but so far nothing really have convinced me that this is the case, sadly.

Edited by SuedKAT, 29 August 2017 - 06:27 PM.

Laatikkomafia #11 Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:37 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 21315 battles
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P

Remove arty.

Bring back frontal weakspots for HTs.

Nerf the penetration of some premium ammo - or balance normal ammo to be competitive.

Bring back the old MM, instead of the 3-5-7.

Make maps great again. Remove corridors, make more open maps.

Make tier 8 premiums only available for those, who already have tier 8s.

Jigabachi #12 Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJethro_Grey, on 29 August 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

Why would anyone care about the contents of a whine, troll or trashtalk thread?

Why would anyone care about this thread when noone cared about the previous threads - including the very good and constructive ones?

jabster #13 Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12535 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostSuedKAT, on 29 August 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

True I agree fully, it's quite the undertaking to manage suggestions properly, however WG ain't exactly doing a great job at showing their EU consumers that they even exist in the first place either. I just hope that the community management team and the server cluster as a whole put forward the ideas and suggestions EU have and not just go with what's said on the RU servers, but so far nothing really have convinced me that this is the case, sadly.

Personally I think it would be better if the community team either left the forum to the mods or did a more consistent job. What we have at the moment seems to be dropping in when they've got time. At least if they did nothing you'd know what to expect.

qpranger #14 Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:56 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 32078 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjabster, on 29 August 2017 - 08:48 PM, said:

Personally I think it would be better if the community team either left the forum to the mods or did a more consistent job. What we have at the moment seems to be dropping in when they've got time. 

They sure dropped in pretty fast when someone posted a rumour from RU forums about Skorpion G getting a buff.

SuedKAT #15 Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjabster, on 29 August 2017 - 07:48 PM, said:

Personally I think it would be better if the community team either left the forum to the mods or did a more consistent job. What we have at the moment seems to be dropping in when they've got time. At least if they did nothing you'd know what to expect.

True that, then again at times they do surprise, I was pleasantly surprised how they handled the WoWs and iChase thing, but then again that's over on WoWs side so it's not that representative of what we see here I guess.

cmgamesro #16 Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11658 battles
  • [DS-RO] DS-RO

View Postqpranger, on 29 August 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

OP, please don't be discouraged by some people on here.

Keep up the good work with suggestions because WG really care!

Kandly #17 Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:01 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 697 battles

Hi guys,

I'm more than willing to pin this topic, but I'd like to wait a bit and see the response first. If the thread becomes hot, I got no problem pinning it and forwarding your suggestions weekly like I do on the WoWs forum. Let's try to keep this one nice and clean as well. :girl:

Cobra6 #18 Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

- Add viable frontal weakspots to all heavy tanks which can be penetrated by same tier standard AP(CR) ammo when the heavy tank is not played properly (Angling / Sidescraping / Hull-Down), after implementing this completely remove premium ammo from the game.

- Open up maps again so we are not stuck with ~3 corridors per map and the rest is an open kill-ground.

- When implementing new T8 premiums, look at the average vehicle of the tier and match them to that. Do not match them to the best tanks on the tier and then make them slightly better, this is bad for the game in the long run.

- Stop punishing people for platooning (playing with friends) by putting them consistently in the bottom tiers. Give platoons exactly the same MM weight as if you were to play solo.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 30 August 2017 - 09:25 AM.

Jethro_Grey #19 Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4294 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

View PostKandly, on 30 August 2017 - 09:01 AM, said:

Hi guys,

I'm more than willing to pin this topic, but I'd like to wait a bit and see the response first. If the thread becomes hot, I got no problem pinning it and forwarding your suggestions weekly like I do on the WoWs forum. Let's try to keep this one nice and clean as well. :girl:

Thank you!

As for suggestions:

WoT had over the last years many great looking Garages.

It would be awesome if WG would put all of them back in and allow us to select them like WoWS does.

Alternatively, WG could put up a poll and let the players vote and put the 6 - 8 most popular ones in the game.

Edited by Jethro_Grey, 30 August 2017 - 09:42 AM.

ogremage #20 Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33208 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

a) Remove the small, corridor maps, those only are suitable for heavy tanks
b) Add bigger, more open, fun maps which are suitable for all tank classes

c) Expose assisted damage in stats API so that proper player rating can be implemented for scout players

d) Expose premium ammo usage in stats API so that stat padders who only shoot premium ammo can be identified
e) Hide player names during battle to avoid stats shaming and stats focus

f) Buff non-premiums until every non-premium is equal or better than premiums of the same tier.

g) Make rewards worse for botting / AFK / very weak players to ensure they don't progress ranks.

i) Don't have MM punish players for platooning by always placing them bottom tier. Instead ensure equal number of platooned players is in the battle.

j) Rebalance arty to make sure it punishes campers and not those who play actively (and thus get spotted)

k) Lower limit of arty per battle to 1 or 2
l) Remove or rework improved equipment. It only makes the super-strong players even stronger.

Edited by ogremage, 30 August 2017 - 09:50 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users