Suggestions what should WG implement new (and old) ideas

• Please log in to reply
1523 replies to this topic

DrEsqueleto #1061 Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22297 battles
  • [DSNL] DSNL

If someone from WG reads this and who is not lying or has put his head in the ground like a ...

But I doubt it will ever happen, I mean any response on our questions ...

Please let us know:

- about the status of changing / balancing Premium cheater ammo and perhaps a ETA of when the first changes will be implemented.

- about changes to the matchmaking templates, like the removal of the very hated 3/5/7 template or at the very least putting it as dead last option to choose from.

- about the removal of +/-2 tier matches in general. The implementation of the much better and more liked +/-1 tier and same tier only matchmaking. << It's also easier and cheaper to balance tanks around +1 and -1 tier spread.!

About the maps...

- We need many more Big(ger) maps and enlarge the current maps.!

- Change or remove most or all Corridor maps. Make maps that are also usable for long range vehicles, like artillery, Tankdestroyers and long range sniping tanks.

atm. there are also almost NO useful spots (i mean bushes) where you can hide behind, drive back a bit so you can shoot without being instantly spotted by vehicles far away.

Most ridgelines are also useless to fight from, just because -10 degrees is simply not enough for the steepness of most ridges. >> Resulting in having to expose most of your vehicle (like a light armored TD, like the tier 7 Scorpion and most other TD's that have no usable armor).

Edited by DrEsqueleto, 09 July 2018 - 03:54 AM.

Zinomov #1062 Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:26 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20958 battles
  • [DIGIN] DIGIN
for any WG staff and/or developer who's reading this, i'd like to clarify to you that you have lost over half of the population of the game, and all that are left are scrubs who spam heat and apcr at the enemy just to satisfy their ego through stats; buffing tanks to the point where you are forcing people to use premium ammo is a child play and believe me you won't go anywhere with this, i can easely say that within the next 2 years or 3 you will end up with nothing, so better balance the game before you ruin your company.

among the aspects you MUST fix are :
-tank balance : too many tanks have lost their historically accurate armour layout making them completely broke, other tanks got gun depression that they simply never had, and much much more
-MM the new template is absolutely a trash and gave me loss streak like it's no tomorrow ! for god sake what the hell is wrong with you
-abuse of premium ammo
-heavy lack of maps

Edited by Zinomov, 09 July 2018 - 09:09 AM.

DrEsqueleto #1063 Posted 09 July 2018 - 02:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22297 battles
  • [DSNL] DSNL

First.

I totally agree with you Zinomov.

Second.

Another thing that I've forgot.

I believe the minimum age allowed for this game is 13 years.

So why are there so many little kids younger than 13 years playing this game.!!!!???

Also, dads complaining about us because we curse and swear and talk adult stuff ... They want us to stop that just because their little kids are also playing, in that battle, at that same time... while they aren't even allowed to play it in the first place.!

My response always is is that there is  A) their kids shouldn't even playing this game if younger than 13 and B) there are settings in the menu. And C) I keep cursing as much as I want, just stop reading the chat. lol.

Not my problem that these so called adults can't be parents and keep their kids away from ('adult;) games.

My point is that the age limitation should be more visible and checked/controlled.!  (Prominent on the website, on the Eula and agreement before installing.)

Edited by DrEsqueleto, 09 July 2018 - 02:49 AM.

Murphys_Lawbringer #1064 Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:47 AM

Private

• Player
  • 23432 battles
  • [LARVA] LARVA

Changes that I would like to see.

For the MM;

1. Combine the current tiers in Twos so the game will have 5 tiers instead of 10, but keep the techtree.

Tier 1-2= tier 1

Tier 3-4=tier 2

Tier 5-6= tier 3

Tier 7-8= tier 4

Tier 9-10= tier 5.

The matchmaker will work with just one tier. ex). if you play tier 5 (former tier 9 or 10) you will meet only tier 9 or 10. or if you play your newly bought Premium 8 (Tier 4), you will be matched against tier 7 and 8s only, in other words , one tier difference.

2. Remove the expensive APCR from the game, that ammo kills the skill in the game. any fool can penetrate with them.

3. remove bonds, why make the best players even better as a reward? have rewards that is cosmetics to those who are good, work for a balanced game and against Pay To Win (PTW), instead of the opposite as you do now.

4. Remove Artys from City maps or at least give the Arty player the option to choose if he wants to play city maps or not with a simple tickbox.

5. Increase the penalty for damaging friendlies and add a stun effect if a Vehicle rams/pushes a friendly.

6. Stop make/selling Premium tanks that is better than the ones in the Techtree.

Will this work.. well I dunno, Im just tired of clearly uneven matches, tanks and 3-15. 15-3 games and overpriced overpowered Premiums.

Zinomov #1065 Posted 09 July 2018 - 01:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20958 battles
  • [DIGIN] DIGIN
-tier 8 MM is miserable
-light tanks are useless
-too many autoloaders
-too many losses, and 15-3 / 3-15 battles
-too little maps
-NO BALANCE WHAT SO EVER
-heavy use and spam of premium ammo
-broken premium tanks
-stop buffing stuff you idiots ! nerf them for god sake ! too many OP turrets and guns such as the 105 mm high tier guns and their OP 390 alpha

ZDN #1066 Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19572 battles
  • [LOL-T] LOL-T

If you play good in tier 8 MM is not a problem.

light tanks  no problem they suport and spot for you.

Autoloaders=cardboard tanks + long reload. No problems.

Losses and win is 50/50 again no problem,but if you play like 20 battles per day and you have 5 or 10 losses is not the mm.It is just you.

Play more and the win rate il be 50 ^plus,in one day a played 80 battles with a win rate of 81%.

Gold cant say it is used too much,like 20% of battles i see gold.

105mm gun from tier 10 or 8-9 is not OP You have a real problem! I now you get hit and KO by them but is not the gun.

Limit spg one per team,that il be a good change.

Open maps with heavy tanks and 3 spgs it is a massacre.Making ppl to camp and take cover.No active play just sniping.

Edited by ZDN, 10 July 2018 - 08:57 PM.

Maverick__1971 #1067 Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22697 battles
  • [BC-X] BC-X

Here's a very strong suggestion(S).....GET RID OF THESE DAMN MADE UP PLAYERS IN RANDOM BATTLES (BOTS) THAT Wot HAS RUNNING IN ITS PROGRAMING.  I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT CHEATS, MODS OR OTHERWISE.  I AM REFERING TO THOSE COMPUTER PROGRAMED PLAYERS THAT ARE NOT HUMANLY CONTROLLED THAT JUST LOVE TO RUIN YOUR DAY IN RANDOM BATTLES.  

SECOND:  MAKE THE +2/-2 MM SYSTEM VOLUNTARILY INSTEAD OF FORCED UPON.  REPLACE IT INSTEAD WITH A +1/-1 MM SYSTEM WITH BONUSES FOR THE THOSE THAT WANT THE +2/-2 T SYSTEM AND A MINOR BONUS FOR THOSE THAT DO THE +1/-1 T MM SYSTEM.

3RD....HISTORICAL BATTLES WOULD BE FUN IF THEY WERE "HISTORICAL"....RIGHT NOW ITS NOT HISTORICAL..ITS A REPEAT OF THE NORM USING RANDOMS AND THE SAME OLD SAME OLD STUFF.  IF THERE WERE A "REAL" BATTLE SET UP OF KURSK USING THE ACTUAL GERMANS VS RUSSIANS WITH THE ARMORS INVOLVED IN 1943 THEN IT WOULD BE FUN AND HISTORICAL!

LAST....POST TO ALL PLAYERS WHAT THE "DEFINITION" OF FAIR PLAY Wot USES TO DETERMINE WHAT IS DEFINED AS "FAIR" PLAY.  I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT FAIR GAME POLICY CONCERNING CHEATS OR MODS.  I AM REFERING TO THE ACTUAL MECHANICS OF THE GAME AS WHAT WoT USES TO DETERMINE FAIR BATTLE MATCHUPS AND THE LANGUAGE USED TO DEFINE WHAT THEY BELIEVE A FAIR MATCH IS.  IS THE +2/-2T MM SYSTEM CONSIDERED "FAIR"????  WHAT FACTORS GO INTO DETERMINING WHAT IS FAIR IN MM????  IS IT CONSIDERED "FAIR" TO FACE OF AGAINST A TIGER1 WITH A PnZ IV H AS AN EXAMPLE??  EXPAIN TO US THE PLAYERS HOW SUCH AN EXAMPLE IS "FAIR". PLEASE AND TY. 

Edited by Maverick__1971, 10 July 2018 - 03:48 PM.

FrantisekBascovansky #1068 Posted 10 July 2018 - 05:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11911 battles

- fix matchmaking (always equaltier or -1/+1 max)

- limit 1-2 max SPGs per battle per team AND buff back SPGs a little

- get rid of bots and toxic players, bother with in-game complaints and punish TKers properly (no, automatic system doesnt work well)

- every *edit shooting right from the spawn at the start of the battle AND did damage to an ally should be automatically banned for a day

- get rid of player accounts using illegal mods OR ban all mods

- get rid of chronic fcking useless annoying map pingers, set limit to 20 map pings per player per battle

- dont do stupid map modifications (like Erlenberg for example)

- reduce RNG, ffs!

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx, 19 July 2018 - 05:47 PM.
Inappropriate remarks

ZDN #1069 Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19572 battles
  • [LOL-T] LOL-T

Friendly fire is inherited just becouse of the games mechanic.You cant ban just from one hit,you go in front of your team mate and he is in snipe mode and in that second he fires to the enemy but you ar just in front of him.Or slow projectiles fired from a distance and your in a fast light or medium tank and intercept the projectile.

Friendly fire disabled like in Frontline mode,so like this accidents il be avoided.No more rage on own team etc.

And lets try and help WG to make a better game!

I worked for ubisoft/EA for over 10 years developing games,and i can say it is hard to make a mmo that il please the masses.Note one or the other.People have different tastes in this game.But asking to nerf what you dont have/play and dont thinking  about the whole game.And the efects on the players.

I play from the first days when we just had 5 nations and the game has changed a lot.WG staff say new maps are coming.So lets hope that problem il be solved.

Ilegal mods user are banned all the time.

Pings help ppl that need help/are in snipe mode and cant see the minimap.Or the map is so small that they dont see the enemy next to them.Ping rage ni problem just block him.

Texts you can block him/she.Or just disable chat for more relaxation.

+1-1 MM il result in long queues to start the battle.

AW used this sistem and the bigest problem there was the queues.And very dificult to balance the teams.Just 10 tanks tier 7 and 5 tanks tier 8.Is ok,but the type of tanks il need to be the same.

cowtapult1 #1070 Posted 11 July 2018 - 12:26 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3625 battles

WG should stop ruining things further more.

If u restore game to patch 6.0 its gonna be better then last 3+ yrs it is.

But how to expect WG to fix anything when they even drop false information on tanks in tankopedia.

No wonder things in game work completely wrong.

f4de2black #1071 Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22751 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

Front Line:

Synopsis

Attackers get no artillery until they take the 2nd zone in the line, then the attackers in this line get notified "Your artillery has been delivered to the beach, do you want to swap?".  Artillery in a line can only deploy once the 2nd zone of a line has been taken, and if physically cross into a zone which line has not been advanced, then as the defenders are still fairly active, they don't last long.

Defenders get no artillery once the attackers threaten the final objective in a line (attackers hold 2nd zone in a line), the defenders get notified "All your artillery have been eliminated, switch to your alternative tank".  Defenders will discover it is critical if they want to retain artillery in a line, and will be unable to cross into a line where the attackers hold the 2nd zone.  

Mechanic

Selecting the tank at the start, if you select arti you also have a selection of one of the others to be used once the above condition occurs.  

Benefit

Does encourage any artillery player to make sure the first objective is passed (attackers) and the second objective is held (defence).  

Zinomov #1072 Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20958 battles
  • [DIGIN] DIGIN

too many tanks have over buffed armour and especially turrets, i'll give some examples :

-T-54 :
has 240 mm in game, in reality its 200

-centurion 1 and centurion 5/1 and centurion 7/1 :
has 254 mm in the turret and the mantlet is 235 mm , in reality it is 152.4 mm in both turret and mantlet (to the developers who made this buff, may you perish in hell for ever and ever)

-M46 patton :
has a turret with 152.4 mm on the cheeks and 177.8 mm around the mantlet and a small line with 215.9 mm below the mantlet + a mantlet of 222.3 mm
in reality it is 101.6 mm around the front of the turret with the mantlet having the same thickness

these are some of the examples, others are the french AMX 30 and 30B or even the other british heavies with their over buffed side armour ! or even the soviet TD's leading to the 268 v4

back in the day we had the original armour profile of the tanks, that were historically accurate now you trashed everything just so that we pay more gold ? just go to hell aswell as anyone who supported this thought

REBALANCE THE TANKS TO WHAT THEY WERE, WE CANNOT AND I SAY IT AGAIN WE CANNOT PLAY IN THIS SITUATION

for the tanks that has historically weak armour give them better pen and accuracy BUT DO NOT GIVE MORE ARMOUR THAT SHOULD HAVE NEVER EXISTED

so give us historical armour and nerf the pen of the tanks cuz here we have too much powercreep

Edited by Zinomov, 13 July 2018 - 12:06 PM.

duijm #1073 Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:17 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 44723 battles
  • [RANGX] RANGX

View PostZDN, on 10 July 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

Friendly fire is inherited just becouse of the games mechanic.You cant ban just from one hit,you go in front of your team mate and he is in snipe mode and in that second he fires to the enemy but you ar just in front of him.Or slow projectiles fired from a distance and your in a fast light or medium tank and intercept the projectile.

Friendly fire disabled like in Frontline mode,so like this accidents il be avoided.No more rage on own team etc.

Itlegal mods user are banned all the time.

Pings help ppl that need help/are in snipe mode and cant see the minimap.Or the map is so small that they dont see the enemy next to them.Ping rage ni problem just block him.

Texts you can block him/she.Or just disable chat for more relaxation.

+1-1 MM il result in long queues to start the battle.

AW used this sistem and the bigest problem there was the queues.And very dificult to balance the teams.Just 10 tanks tier 7 and 5 tanks tier 8.Is ok,but the type of tanks il need to be the same.

Illegal mods are not banned enough.

+1 mm wont make longer waiting times. Tier 3 has it and on that tier play far less players.

Oh and +2 mm is a big problem for slow heavies. You dont stand a chance agains +2 tier. And cant flank anything.

Edited by duijm, 13 July 2018 - 01:21 PM.

Zinomov #1074 Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:28 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20958 battles
  • [DIGIN] DIGIN

100 mm gun = 320 alpha (great accuracy, great dpm)
105 mm gun = 390 alpha (better reload, better accuracy)
122 mm gun = 390 alpha (bad accuracy, long reload)

if you think this is okay than please go see a doctor
there's a diffrence of 17 mm between the 105 and 122 mm calibers yet they deal the same damage ? + that 105 is better in every regard
and there's a diffrence of 5 mm only between the 105 and the 100 yet the alpha difference is HUGE, c'mon guys and especially you WG, use some logic please

i will never change my point, and that is 105 mm guns needs their alpha nerfed to 360, just like on the italian tier 9 and 10 tank
the standard B and progetto 65 feel okay with 360, but 390 is beyond outragous

Edited by Zinomov, 14 July 2018 - 09:28 AM.

_b_ #1075 Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:41 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55424 battles
Have an easy to access/find page on web where today's active missions are.

Von_Stroopwafel #1076 Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:48 AM

Private

• Player
  • 20102 battles
Bring FL back!

Blubba #1077 Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:50 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 55034 battles
  • [_GNR_] _GNR_

Taking part in their WoT suggestions thread.

Giving some feedback on their own forums about their game. That kind of thing.

schijtaanwott #1078 Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8572 battles
  • [I-C-U] I-C-U

View PostZinomov, on 13 July 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

too many tanks have over buffed armour and especially turrets, i'll give some examples :

-T-54 :
has 240 mm in game, in reality its 200

-centurion 1 and centurion 5/1 and centurion 7/1 :
has 254 mm in the turret and the mantlet is 235 mm , in reality it is 152.4 mm in both turret and mantlet (to the developers who made this buff, may you perish in hell for ever and ever)

-M46 patton :
has a turret with 152.4 mm on the cheeks and 177.8 mm around the mantlet and a small line with 215.9 mm below the mantlet + a mantlet of 222.3 mm
in reality it is 101.6 mm around the front of the turret with the mantlet having the same thickness

these are some of the examples, others are the french AMX 30 and 30B or even the other british heavies with their over buffed side armour ! or even the soviet TD's leading to the 268 v4

back in the day we had the original armour profile of the tanks, that were historically accurate now you trashed everything just so that we pay more gold ? just go to hell aswell as anyone who supported this thought

REBALANCE THE TANKS TO WHAT THEY WERE, WE CANNOT AND I SAY IT AGAIN WE CANNOT PLAY IN THIS SITUATION

for the tanks that has historically weak armour give them better pen and accuracy BUT DO NOT GIVE MORE ARMOUR THAT SHOULD HAVE NEVER EXISTED

so give us historical armour and nerf the pen of the tanks cuz here we have too much powercreep

When some new tank come out in this game, WG want you to grind for it. When its a premium, to buy it. The new tank will be better then the ones that are already there. Like the new Centurion contra the hardrock Centurion. It has always been this way. This is one of the ways for WG to make money.

Its a money earning concept. When you have to grind you will at least pay for a premium account. Pay gold/ money for free xp conversion, pay for getting gold ammo to pen something with your less then best gun etc etc.

At some point WG have to buff other tanks. If they dont nobody will play them. They are some what leazy  with that. But when they do buff a tank they will overcompansate it. So that anyone want to grind for this tank.

A good example of this is the t8 english heavy Caernarvon. For a very long time it was the worst t8 havy in the game. Today it has great turret armour, superior DPM and 50m more viewrange as a IS3. Clans want you to grind for the Caernarvon these days unless you have bought a Defender.

With all the buffing nothing is historically accurate anymore. Now you know the reason why.

Zinomov #1079 Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:29 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20958 battles
  • [DIGIN] DIGIN
WG, you said that you will wait until all prem ammo bought with gold is empty before you modify them

i'll give you a way to speed up the process, bring as many events and competitions where ppl will spam gold so that they will end their reserves of prem ammo before winter arrives, these events are : global map , front-line, ranked battles and even possibly a marathon

lusobyzantine #1080 Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10891 battles
  • [FDV] FDV
.Add the Chieftain MK.6 in PC version like we have in console version, to have at least a real tier 10 real HT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

pofey