1562 replies to this topic

jack_timber #21 Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:55 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34585 battles

View PostKandly, on 30 August 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

Hi guys,

Let's try to keep this one nice and clean as well. :girl:

Thanks and yes otherwise it will go the way of other posts.

So thanks to Jethro we, collectively, have the opportunity to suggest changes, improvements to the game.

Kozzy #22 Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:09 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

View Postogremage, on 30 August 2017 - 08:46 AM, said:

a) Remove the small, corridor maps, those only are suitable for heavy tanks
b) Add bigger, more open, fun maps which are suitable for all tank classes

c) Expose assisted damage in stats API so that proper player rating can be implemented for scout players

d) Expose premium ammo usage in stats API so that stat padders who only shoot premium ammo can be identified
e) Hide player names during battle to avoid stats shaming and stats focus

f) Buff non-premiums until every non-premium is equal or better than premiums of the same tier.

g) Make rewards worse for botting / AFK / very weak players to ensure they don't progress ranks.

i) Don't have MM punish players for platooning by always placing them bottom tier. Instead ensure equal number of platooned players is in the battle.

j) Rebalance arty to make sure it punishes campers and not those who play actively (and thus get spotted)

k) Lower limit of arty per battle to 1 or 2
l) Remove or rework improved equipment. It only makes the super-strong players even stronger.

Some great suggestions, I agree with all of these although I don't care about d too much.  Premium ammo sucks but I don't care about stat-padders or if someone wants to pay more credits to pen me.  For suggestion e, I think this should only concern the enemy team as I do actually bump into friends/forumites etc in game and would like to say 'hi' when I do.

wsatnutter #23 Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:53 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25434 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

you could pin this thread in the devs offices and they would not take a blind piece of notice .

wg has never listened to reason. they do as they see fit and that will never change.

Spurtung #24 Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:38 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 66163 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postogremage, on 30 August 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

d) Expose premium ammo usage in stats API so that stat padders who only shoot premium ammo can be identified

e) Hide player names during battle to avoid stats shaming and stats focus

You seem to have a bipolar opinion about shaming.

G01ngToxicCommand0 #25 Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37465 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 29 August 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

We have over SIX YEARS of forum content filled with all kinds of suggestions already. What we don't have is a mod or community guy caring about even a single one of those.

Well Wargaming only listens to the RU players so EU forum can only be used for ranting.:bajan:

Synopsis0 #26 Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 38740 battles

Well ... introducing a Pve mode in a fast PVP game its a terrible idea , world of tanks since the begining it was about pvp this is not Word of warcraft or any of that kind of games , this is Wot.

Focus on what we have and start fixing the issues and bring back the old game what we loved , we dont need too re-invent the wheel again , we want our loved game back .

Diversity of nations , roles of heavy,meds,lights,TDs back again .Diversity of maps not 100 town maps and 10 other.

Focus on what we have beacouse that was world of tanks in the old time . You played german tanks accuracy , you played russian tanks armour , you played fance tanks mobility and fire power and so on. 

Now you play heavys , TDS  , lights and meds same style . They killed TDS , they make meds and lights almoust the same with buffing nerfing view range , they done so many negative changes according the old game what we loved that all become boring a bit , no more tank roles , you login and now with what you play you do the same beacouse gameplay need you to do like that.

Bring back our old game what was in 5 years back....

Edited by Synopsis0, 30 August 2017 - 12:54 PM.

ogremage #27 Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34200 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostSpurtung, on 30 August 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

You seem to have a bipolar opinion about shaming.

Yes & no.

Exposing who shoots premium ammo just allows building more efficient ratings so that you can distinguish which super-unicums are more super- than others.

Having XVM available in battle just leads to shaming inexperienced players who then leave the game and make it die.

Spurtung #28 Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:07 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 66163 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postogremage, on 30 August 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

Exposing who shoots premium ammo just allows building more efficient ratings so that you can distinguish which super-unicums are more super- than others.

Really, who cares?

Kandly #29 Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:08 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 698 battles

View Postatomskytten, on 30 August 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

Well Wargaming only listens to the RU players so EU forum can only be used for ranting.:bajan:

I'm sorry you feel that way, because we do forward your feedback, ideas, and suggestions on a constant basis (even if we don't communicate it as much as we'd like). That doesn't mean we can promise their implementation, though. I know we haven't been active on the forum lately and I would like to change this as soon as possible.

Spurtung #30 Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:40 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 66163 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostKandly, on 30 August 2017 - 03:08 PM, said:

I know we haven't been active on the forum lately and I would like to change this as soon as possible.

Is this the "we care/listen to the community" effect?

Because in that vid about Chinese TDs it's mentioned players asked for it. If anything, in the forums, the opinion was contrary to that.

I'm sorry you feel like you're forwarding feedback, when nobody asked for some of the things you keep claiming we ask for.

FluffyRedFox #31 Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:44 PM

General

• Player
  • 24013 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSpurtung, on 30 August 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

. If anything, in the forums, the opinion was contrary to that.

not really, the general opinion was people either wanted them or couldn't care  less about them

qpranger #32 Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:45 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 33863 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I'm sorry you feel that way, because we do forward your feedback, ideas, and suggestions on a constant basis ...

So how many of my ideas/suggestions have you forwarded?

Because I have come up with quite a few clever ones.

Spurtung #33 Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:52 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 66163 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postfishbob101, on 30 August 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

not really, the general opinion was people either wanted them or couldn't care  less about them

In your own thread all 3 options are pretty split. And I'd consider the "don't care" as not really wanting it.

So...one third of about 150 people said they wanted it. Doesn't sound like they could have listened to us wanting it...

Jigabachi #34 Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostKandly, on 30 August 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

I'm sorry you feel that way, because we do forward your feedback, ideas, and suggestions on a constant basis (even if we don't communicate it as much as we'd like).

You mean you don't communicate that at all. This year, this is the first or maybe second post of a com-member in a thread like this, right?

And that said, I don't believe that you guys forward anything more than "people are complaining about this and that".

Block Quote

I know we haven't been active on the forum lately and I would like to change this as soon as possible.

That's what we've been told two years ago already.

As I told you multiple times:

If you don't care as much as we players (or even just me) would like you to, I'm ok with that.

Heck... if you have no time due to other important tasks you have as a comguy of a computergame, I'm ok with that. 

Just stop with the blatant lies and the promises you evidently can't hold. That's just... eh... bad.

Sfinski #35 Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:56 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32340 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

I'm sorry you feel that way, because we do forward your feedback, ideas, and suggestions on a constant basis (even if we don't communicate it as much as we'd like). That doesn't mean we can promise their implementation, though. I know we haven't been active on the forum lately and I would like to change this as soon as possible.

And WG ignores them on constant basis. It's not your fault, but when people have been giving suggestions in the forums, sandbox and otherwise, and WG decides to ignore them all and bring broken/OP/UP vehicles in the game, it really makes you wonder if we are just wasting our time. 

Things WG f'd up even though everyone from the community told them not to do it.

OP premiums

Light tanks

Maus and Type4/5 insanely stupid buffs

etc.

And when finally they see that they messed up themselves, they try to fix it without really addressing the main problem. Lets nerf the traverse of Type 5, 'cause that for sure were the problem the tank had. The bloody traverse. Not bloody p2w premium shells! FFS. 

Spurtung #36 Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:59 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 66163 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostJigabachi, on 30 August 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Block Quote

That's what we've been told two years ago already.

As I told you multiple times:

If you don't care as much as we players (or even just me) would like you to, I'm ok with that.

Heck... if you have no time due to other important tasks you have as a comguy of a computergame, I'm ok with that. 

Just stop with the blatant lies and the promises you evidently can't hold. That's just... eh... bad.

Note the highlighted choice of words.

Not "I will change" nor "I will make sure to change" but "I would like to change".

You know the proverb "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"? Sounds fitting.

Edited by Spurtung, 30 August 2017 - 02:59 PM.

jabster #37 Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12598 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

Well congrats to many for taking the advice from this post.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/641894-wot-suggestions-thread/page__pid__14712061#entry14712061

Bora_BOOM #38 Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:49 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 23814 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

Prioritize heavies in MM teams build-up, at least until you make the maps more open. 

Remove the MM weight from the platoons, they get bottom tier too much. 

Remove rediculous premium ammo from type5. That derp is stupid itself tbh. 

Fix the missions menu, it's awful. 

Fix goating with new HD maps. Do it properly. 

Enough for starters. 

HanZi #39 Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 44825 battles
  • [-NFD-] -NFD-

View PostJethro_Grey, on 29 August 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

In WoWS we have a suggestion thread, that was pinned ages ago where players could post their suggestion and the WG team would forward them to the DEVs. Since we don't have one for WoT, i'd like to start one and ask @Kandly and other WG staff and or moderators to do pin this one and remove all non-suggestion posts from this topic.

To avoid getting it closed, i'll post the same rules TheCinC set for the WoWS thread and which have worked well so far, i've modified it to fit to WoT:

Please help make World of Tanks great again and add your own suggestions here.

When you add a suggestion, please keep it positive, constructive and if possible, to the point.

Be clear, be specific if possible, use terminology we all understand.

Use your likes to vote for ideas you might like but please:

Please do not comment on the suggestions, just like them or not, so we can keep this clean and people can just trawl through the suggestions of us forumites.

If you run out of likes, come back another day.

I've seen quite a few inspiring suggestions, but most of those threads die a lonely death sooner or later, this is my way of trying to keep them alive.

If you want a separate topic, or already have one and want me to add them here, PM me and I'll try to add a link in the OP ASAP.

If you want to comment/discuss any or all of the suggestions, please start a separate topic for that suggestion.

If you agree with a suggestion, just click 'Like this'. The more likes, the more popular a suggestion is, the more likely it will at least attract attention.

Thank you for your attention and your cooperation. :honoring:  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll start by making a suggestion that is actually lifted from our resindent Hamster in this thread, and slightly adjusted.

Basically, i'd like to see a PvE mode implemented with several game modes which wouldn't work too well in PvP.

WoWS showed us, that a well made PvE mode is not only fun ( despite lower credit and XP gain), but also breaks up the monotony of the endless PvP grind. It allows players to immerse themself in Operations and battles based on historical events.

Nation vs Nation, Operations on large maps ( which are restricted to TX in PvP), historical battles and many other modes would work in PvE quite well and as additional Bonus, all the olden maps ( like Dragons Ridge) that have been removed due to being imbalanced in PvP could be used in PvE and get a revival. 

As additional bonus, this mode could be used to get used to new aquired tanks and as practice 'grounds', without disturbing the actual gameplay in PvP.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second suggestion:

Pls let us preview emblems and inscriptions on all tanks. 

Right now,  certain inscriptions are bound to a tank permanently if i commit, so it's either that or not having them on the tank.

Hope to see many suggestions and please remember to not discuss them in this thread!

While we are suggestion more fair play too, keep cheating. WG polecy.

Dennyb #40 Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21178 battles
  • Bring back viable weakspots on tanks.
  • Finally balance the premium ammo or remove it completely. A simple reduction in damage of premium rounds or limiting premium round capacity to around 10% of a tanks load out.
  • Stop releasing pay-to-win premium tanks.
  • Stop buffing tanks that clearly don't need the buffs and focus on the underperforming ones. AKA the Object 140 getting buffs and tanks like the Foch 155 being terrible for years.
  • Stop watering tanks down to be the same as each other. AKA the proposed changed coming for the Conqueror where you're taking what made it so unique and fun which was the amazing gun and taking that away for more armour so it's just like every other heavy tank.
  • As always, remove arty.

That's all I remember from when I used to play. I'm sure there's more now that needs fixed that other people can mention.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users