WoT Suggestions Thread

Suggestions what should WG implement new (and old) ideas

• Please log in to reply
2672 replies to this topic

Stiffo #2321 Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:02 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9441 battles

There is a really amazing bug in the mission list that has always been there I believe:

The x5 xp missions for individual tanks is not shown under the "For X Tank" tab.

Since those missions are the only ones that really needs be shown there, it's amazing how you can have overlooked that bug for this long. As it is now, it's quite tricky to find out if a specific tank has a mission that is only available to that specific tank!!!

And on a more general note I will repeat my previous suggestion that I made here last year:

Please keep most new fantasy OBJ-tanks exclusively on the Russian servers and away from the EU servers! EDIT: Also NERF the OBJ 430U (as you promised) and 20 other Soviet tanks on the EU servers - but keep them overpowered for the Russians to enjoy on their servers - simple!

You have already different content for different regions. There are probably more people in EU who are interested in the Anime-tanks that you keep exclusively on the Asia servers than there are EU people dreaming of Soviet past and Stalin happy days. The Russian bias is probably one of the biggest reasons as to why you don't need 3 EU servers and are missing out on millions shiny € each year. I have personally now sold ALL my Soviet tanks that had any credit-value (including never played ones that I recieved such as OBJ 252U etc) and only enjoy killing them - or die trying :playing:

Edited by Stiffo, 19 September 2019 - 02:34 AM.

Cheezix #2322 Posted 19 September 2019 - 07:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39872 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostStiffo, on 19 September 2019 - 02:02 AM, said:

I have personally now sold ALL my Soviet tanks that had any credit-value (including never played ones that I recieved such as OBJ 252U etc)

Selling premium tanks worth real money for dirt-cheap credits is in my opinion one of the dumbest things you can do in this game.

Stiffo #2323 Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9441 battles

View PostCheezix, on 19 September 2019 - 07:43 AM, said:

Selling premium tanks worth real money for dirt-cheap credits is in my opinion one of the dumbest things you can do in this game.

Not if you feel sick seeing the tanks in your hangar :(

I got a few premiums from christmas loot boxes last year, but also sold the KV5 etc that I bought 7 years ago - at a time when this game was not overwhelmed by russian propaganda bias. I assue its all due to Wargamings Belarus roots and that most WOT players are Russians, but that does not make separating EU content from Russian content a bad idea - would most likely work out really well for Wargaming.

TargetX75 #2324 Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21971 battles

View PostStevies_Team, on 16 September 2019 - 08:07 AM, said:

Smoke shells are used extensively when attacking over open ground

WoT should introduce at least a consumable into the game

would be nice, the code/mechanics is there, already used in frontline.

TargetX75 #2325 Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21971 battles

a couple more things I thought of;

1. Introduce structures which you can use/destroy, for instance bridges or bunkers. destroying the bridge may mean you need to go another way to get to the target. these buildings can give the occupying side an advantage, but the can also be destroyed

2. in frontline, why not let the 5 target turrets randomly fire a shot every 5 minutes at attacking side?

3. I think it would be nice to have something like a rocket launcher. it should be a true area targeting weapon, so not too accurate, long reload, perhaps x-seconds per rocket with 6 or 8 rocket rails, light armor etc. could really make things interesting

4. the console version has weather in some maps, would love to see random weather effects as that should in theory impact view range, handling and gameplay

5. please bring back the old maps. if they are being reworked First, fine, but there were a few I miss.

6. been mentioned, but why not increase the size in some maps? think Siegfried lines has reduced in size at some point. would also be intersting to combine some maps?

7. and for those who don't like inclusion of less realistic tanks, perhaps a checkbox in options to exclude non realistic tanks(multi barrel etc). so if checked the matchmaker wont team them up

Edited by TargetX75, 19 September 2019 - 02:43 PM.

FallingRain #2326 Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 69625 battles

Gold spamming makes this game crap, how many times do you need to be told that before you stop it ??

Cheezix #2327 Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39872 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostStiffo, on 19 September 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

Not if you feel sick seeing the tanks in your hangar :(

I got a few premiums from christmas loot boxes last year, but also sold the KV5 etc that I bought 7 years ago - at a time when this game was not overwhelmed by russian propaganda bias. I assue its all due to Wargamings Belarus roots and that most WOT players are Russians, but that does not make separating EU content from Russian content a bad idea - would most likely work out really well for Wargaming.

So then why did you spend money on loot boxes if you didn't want the tanks? Doesn't make any sense.

Besides, of course they are going to listen to the servers with their biggest player base. If EU had the biggest amount of players they would surely listen more to our demands. It's just business you know.

Edited by Cheezix, 20 September 2019 - 08:02 AM.

ziratulbihac #2328 Posted 20 September 2019 - 11:17 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4263 battles
Limit the amount of Gold Rounds to 5 - 7 for every TANK!

Stiffo #2329 Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9441 battles

View PostCheezix, on 20 September 2019 - 08:02 AM, said:

So then why did you spend money on loot boxes if you didn't want the tanks? Doesn't make any sense.

Besides, of course they are going to listen to the servers with their biggest player base. If EU had the biggest amount of players they would surely listen more to our demands. It's just business you know.

Christmas loot boxes gives you alot of things, like Über Santa crew and loads of gold to spend on things, and if you like me did not play at all during last Christmas, you still got the 10 tier rewards etc. Luckily I did not get the IS3A though - would have hated to ever had had such crapin my hangar.

Regarding biggest playing base and business:

Russians are the most numerical players yes. Probably a vast majority of Russians plays for free as well.

EU players are less in numbers but our spending power/willingness are multiple times higher than the Russians, for sure.

So, is it better for a company to run a game with a loss for a million players or for profit for 200k players????

Should a well managed company separate the content between these populations as to please them both???

MuppetPuppet #2330 Posted 20 September 2019 - 06:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17522 battles
  • [EVLZ] EVLZ

View Postziratulbihac, on 20 September 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

Limit the amount of Gold Rounds to 5 - 7 for every TANK!

cant limit he amount of gold ammo before the nerf all super heavy tanks in the game. Think all super heavy tanks should have weak spots that kan be pend by all tanks in the same tier with out gold rounds. so its the skill and knowledge of the player that dicides what team wins. well then they have to fix the mm aswell becuase every fifth match the game have already diceded what team should win when you have 6-9 skilled players in one team and 1-2 in the other.

17:24 Added after 6 minute
i think your acard game is broken. The last game i played of shooting range the game ended but i still hade 6 shoots to fire.

TargetX75 #2331 Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21971 battles

View PostMuppetPuppet, on 20 September 2019 - 06:18 PM, said:

cant limit he amount of gold ammo before the nerf all super heavy tanks in the game. Think all super heavy tanks should have weak spots that kan be pend by all tanks in the same tier with out gold rounds. so its the skill and knowledge of the player that dicides what team wins. well then they have to fix the mm aswell becuase every fifth match the game have already diceded what team should win when you have 6-9 skilled players in one team and 1-2 in the other.

17:24 Added after 6 minute
i think your acard game is broken. The last game i played of shooting range the game ended but i still hade 6 shoots to fire.

think it stops the moment you've won all tickets for the day

SirPepperoni #2332 Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25010 battles
  • [FYORD] FYORD
Hi, I'd love to put just one decal on my KV-5 but I can't, so if there is any chance to change places where to put decals with different sizes, many KV-5 owners would apreciate it for sure.

Ancybot #2333 Posted 24 September 2019 - 11:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21973 battles
  • [GHS] GHS
There is a feature that is missing in game for a long time and would add some fresh mechanic to whole game. It could also solve many problems with aim bugs over hills

There is a mod called Balcalcmod (you can find it in Aslains modpack) that allows to lock aim distance by looking at map element or tank and locking it by pressing Q button. It helps to shoot tanks moving on top of hills and blindshooting - it's also easier to hit wheelers because shells do not fly obove tank because of uncorrect shell arc aimed on end of map like it happens on provhorovka for example.

All that needs to be done is implementing this in game.

Edited by Ancybot, 24 September 2019 - 11:11 AM.

Csokiwrc2 #2334 Posted 24 September 2019 - 12:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32574 battles
  • [B__] B__
1 idea do not poke the tanks back together and set up the game because it is very bad. 15-0 game? It's a game ??? I think not. Unpleasant and frustrating. The Japanese branch is totally bad type-4 type 5 9-10 heavy and it makes no sense playing with them in 20 seconds with about 300hp. the alla shoots other tank pieces. It's pathetic and completely playable. and when the game returns to the approximate range of 2016, i'm going back then i neglect because it makes no sense. about 20 gig in the game as well and you can always say something is updated back. They went in a pitiful direction. I hope you fail. This is what I want the developers to do. Hi, Csokiwrc2

mpf1959 #2335 Posted 24 September 2019 - 12:12 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 31613 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT
I had a brilliant suggestion in my head last night, but it's gone now, cant remember it at all! :mellow:

FallingRain #2336 Posted 24 September 2019 - 06:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 69625 battles
Every single game is filled with gold spamming and it has and will continue to make this game crap

GodTank2 #2337 Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9130 battles
  • [RF_] RF_

Add a Prestige system for 100% Mark Of Exellence on Tier 10 Tanks

Once you get to 100% Marks you can prestige your tank and place it back to 0% MOE and also get a cosmetic for the tank to show

Either a barrel skin or a whole tank special camo

Edited by GodTank2, 25 September 2019 - 04:42 PM.

2xen #2338 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21342 battles

1. Crews that have BIA as zero skill should be a little different than the rest. Name in another color or something. 

I believe people waste a lot of time checking this, at least I do when I want to retrain.

2. On web page eu.wargaming.net/ shop/ wot/ specials/, you should be able so sort offers by time, price, and rest of criteria.

Edited by 2xen, 29 September 2019 - 07:37 AM.

WoT_RU_Doing #2339 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:20 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 59999 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View Post2xen, on 25 September 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

1. Crews that have BIA as zero skill should be a little different than the rest. Name in another color or something.

I believe people waste a lot of time checking this, at least I do when I want to retrain.

Very much in favour of that. Another item that could be addressed is the player service record.....can premium vehicles be given a different colour text? Lots of mods do this but it seems odd that the vanilla client does not.

AlwaysLate #2340 Posted 28 September 2019 - 07:07 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 53854 battles
  • [-NO1-] -NO1-

PART I solutions for underperforming tanks :

Amx 65 t : give it better ground resistance and give it a dpm buff

Tiger 2 : make the uper glacis very hard to penetrate ~280 effective armor and make its alpha 360 

Panther 2 : make the uperplate little but harder give it ~200 effective armor 

T-34-2 : change the 122 mm gun to 360 alpha buff its dpm and give it an ok accuracy better then the t34-3's accruacy 

T34  : give it 440 alpha and remove the overmatchable plate on the turret roof but leave the small cupola 

T69  : increased engine power little bit better all around armor and dpm or even give it lower inner clip reload 

TVP VTU : give it the lancen treatment aka more gun depression and maybe better dpm 

110  : maybe add 20 mm armor plates on its uper glacis 

Ferdinand : add 50 mm of armor as a plate to the uper glacis (not super structue since the 50 mm plate is historical in a lot of cases) and give it a crazy dpm although i would like to see as a very tough target to pentrate but that should be enough 

at15: give the 32 pounder 10.8 rate of fire 

Mauerbrecher: incrase the side armor behind the first track weel its now only 60 make it 120 atleast , increase roof armor , and since it has 2 very weak spots maybe buffing its hull and turrer side armor wont make it broken or something  and give it the ts-5 - t28 treatment worse accuracy than vk 100 p but better rof or give it an under statted 150 mm gun something that does 650 maybe with low pen and make the gold low pen too but ap but give it the 950 damage he shells for tier 10 tough targets becuase 260 damage is better than nothing

PART II : add more skills and perks this section of the game has not been updated for ages 

some perks and skills ideas:

make the six sense a skill that works at 1% but very slow and it scales of its percentage until it becomes the same as the current six sense when its 100% 

new perk : (cumulative experience) : start battle with -6% from all the crew but gain 2% per every min passes max gain is 18% at min 9 

new perk : (sharp ears) : the ability to give you the direction of enemy when they destroy obstacles 

radio operator perk : (radio expert) : standing still 5m away or closer from a destroyed enemy  tank for 10 seconds gives you the last position of his  team mates at the time he died for 4 seconds on the map

commander perk : (sharp eye) increase the max enemy render distance by 50m 

loader perk : (this might be hard to implement but i will still give it a try) [Martyrdom] : at the time of your tank destruction all left He shells explode around you, damage and the radius depends on the number of  He shells left and their explosion radius 

gunner perk : (last stand) : after you get destroyed you have 1.5 seconds to turn the turret and aim and 3 seconds to shot ( works only when your gun is not destroyed, you turret is not jammed and your gun was loaded before you died)

driver perk: (water caution) : increase the maximum duration your tank last under water by 5 seconds.

new perk : (scavenger) : standing still 5m away from a destroyed tank (friendly or enemy) insta reloads your consumables (repair kit,first aid kit and fire extinguisher)

radio operator perk : (frequencies thief) : standing still 5 m away from destroyed enemy tank for 12 seconds gives you the ability to know when enemy has been targeting you or aiming up to 3 m away from you for atleast 4.5 seconds ( this will work the same way six sense works you got notifiction after the enemy arty has been aiming on top of you or up to 3 m away from you for 4.5 seconds atleast)

as you saw above some of the new perks awards the front line and close quarters tankers which makes sense since you are the one who is most likley to be focused first.

Edited by AlwaysLate, 28 September 2019 - 07:08 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users