WoT Suggestions Thread

Suggestions what should WG implement new (and old) ideas

• Please log in to reply
2513 replies to this topic

mpf1959 #2341 Posted 28 September 2019 - 12:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30018 battles

Dear WG, can you please make a reality this pay-to-win thing that goes around. I am willing to pay (a reasonable amount), and fed up of losing! 

TIA. :girl:

mpf1959 #2342 Posted 01 October 2019 - 03:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30018 battles
Dear WG, can you add the T26E5 to the tech tree premiums? After all, only the T34 is available as a T8 heavy.

MuppetPuppet #2343 Posted 01 October 2019 - 04:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16742 battles
  • [EVLZ] EVLZ

I think skill4ltu sums it up pretty good what wrong with the game in its current state. Atlest when it comes to the eu server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_hOWBoazF4&list=WL&index=2

Edited by MuppetPuppet, 01 October 2019 - 04:26 PM.

strv_varjager #2344 Posted 01 October 2019 - 04:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5582 battles

View PostMuppetPuppet, on 01 October 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

I think skill4ltu sums it up pretty good what wrong with the game in its current state. Atlest when it comes to the eu server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_hOWBoazF4&list=WL&index=2

They wont do anything.

I've had bosses that turn pennys just to earn a little bit more, basically quanitity before quality i've also had bosses that as long as they make enough money they ignore issues that actually cost them money, but since they make enough they dont think its woth the hassle.

Just because you are successful doesnt mean you do everything right.

Gkirmathal #2345 Posted 02 October 2019 - 12:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8602 battles
  • [2VTD] 2VTD

This is sort of a double post, created a dedicated typic in the American vehicle section on the forums. But for better visibility for the subject I decided to copy the content here for good measure. If this is against forum rules, remove this post.

TL;DR: change standard shell type of all t6 M1A2 76mm guns, on tier 6 and up tanks (listed below) from: M62 to M79.

The focus of this post will be on the M1A2 and it's ammo for tier 6 to tier 8, for the following vehicles:

• tier 6 - E8, E2, M6, M36 , Hellcat
  • tier 7 - T20, T29
  • tier 8 - M26

Ever since I unlocked the US med line I have been puzzled why WG has not yet re-balanced the US medium tank line and in particular the ammunition on this gun. A gun that has to be used to grind, if one is unlucky.

Re-balancing of the medium line starting from the E6/E2 was mentioned a few years ago. But regretfully this was binned. Only the top tier vehicles on this line, tier 9 and 10, got a little attention.

Since then World of Tanks and it's meta have evolved a great deal, while the tier 6 128mm penetration M62 ammunition used has remained the same since WoT's beta and first released. The same M62 ammunition is even used on tier 5 Sherman's M1A1 (tier 5 gun) top gun.

This I found quite intriguing. So I decided to look into this and see what the historical ammunition type this 76mm actually were. The Wiki source linked has footnotes to the paper publication from where the info came.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/76_mm_gun_M1#Performance_2

The spoiler shows the table of content showing the ammunition type the M1A2 used in it's operational time. Calculated penetration at range (90 degrees) using American and British 50% success criteria[69]
Spoiler

So it seems the 76mm M1A2 had 6 types of ammunition available throughout it's operational service, ranging from AP types to (H)APCR types. Seeing the M62 shell stats I think WoT's M62 stats are balanced well, for up to tier 5.

This made me think though: why has Wargaming not made a M79 shell and make that the standard shell type for the M1A2 guns from tier 6 and up.

Knowing the US tier 7 clan wars reward tank T23E3 has 149 pen ammunition (it was buff some time ago) so I looked it up.

To my amazement Wargaming already implemented the M79 shell type in the T23E3 and actually made the penetration very balanced when viewed besides the historical information on that shell type. Also on Tanks.gg I found out that the UK tier 5 Sherman also has M79 ammunition, but as premium ammo, which is non interchangeable vs the standard M79 on the T23E3.

This leads me to my main point of suggestion, for the mid tier's that I listed above that can use the 76mm M1A2 gun as top gun or intermediate gun: change it's standard AP shell type from M62 to M79.

Subsequently changing the special ammo shell type could be considered and I would like to suggest copying the T23E3 and uses HVAP T4 as it's premium shell.

This will benefit:

• the E8 and E2, giving them back a viable top gun configuration and not making it rely on using the derp 105 to be somewhat viable in 2019 WoT.
  • all other tanks that use the M1A2 as intermediate gun, needed to be grind through to higher tier modules.
  • the T20, for instance, giving it the build options to either go for a 76mm DPM build or it's 90mm top gun for a Alpha dmg build.

TL;DR: change standard shell type of all t6 M1A2 76mm guns, on tier 6 and up tanks (listed below) from: M62 to M79.

ChestyMorgan #2346 Posted 02 October 2019 - 04:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9919 battles

Critical hit & no damage when you have just hit a light tank or an EBR with a 90mm & above shot. Light vehicle & light armour so how should it not take some hit points>? What was the critical hit? Just knock the head off of the nodding dog?

I can understand a critical hit with no damage points against a heavily armoured target but no something with very light armour? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Edited by ChestyMorgan, 02 October 2019 - 04:15 PM.

strv_varjager #2347 Posted 03 October 2019 - 03:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5582 battles

View Poststrv_varjager, on 03 October 2019 - 03:40 PM, said:

And this is why no game should have a automated report system. You could easily abuse reports like arty players abuse artillery, just platoon up with some friends queue games and report all arty players. Kinda funny though arty players abuse players and getting abused themself through the report system. BTW maybe thats the counter to artillery. Yeah WG, check out Valve's report system for Dota 2. Its totally broken like artillery, you might like it.

I'm just gonna quote myself from another thread for this thread. Dont mind the bits i crossed out thats not important...

DETOBOY #2348 Posted 05 October 2019 - 09:09 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4993 battles

I liked idea from few weeks , when we have 30 days prolong time to buy Premium tanks in last great advent from WG.

We have up to 3 Premium tanks for 30 days to see will we buy or not in game.

So my point is i dont have always money to buy Premum tank so that idea was awsome.

My salary is about 10 in month,+- few days so what i wanna ask is :

can we get prolong time( a week maybe) to buy Premum tank from Premium shop in web?

One tank to prolong time from one week by my(our) choice?

Example:  VK 75.01 is selling for one more day in Premuim shop, can we get option to extend that offer for one more week if we wanna buy that tank?

Only 1 tank per player can get extend time in month...

Inappropriate_noob #2349 Posted 05 October 2019 - 12:36 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17506 battles

What is the point of this thread, WG will not listen, they sell the Tog, and then put 3 arty into the game, if that is not murder inducing hatred to wards the devs then I do not know what is?

I mean do people even thing that WG will care or listen, you must be fools

11:38 Added after 2 minute

View PostDETOBOY, on 05 October 2019 - 09:09 AM, said:

I liked idea from few weeks , when we have 30 days prolong time to buy Premium tanks in last great advent from WG.

We have up to 3 Premium tanks for 30 days to see will we buy or not in game.

So my point is i dont have always money to buy Premum tank so that idea was awsome.

My salary is about 10 in month,+- few days so what i wanna ask is :

can we get prolong time( a week maybe) to buy Premum tank from Premium shop in web?

One tank to prolong time from one week by my(our) choice?

Example:  VK 75.01 is selling for one more day in Premuim shop, can we get option to extend that offer for one more week if we wanna buy that tank?

Only 1 tank per player can get extend time in month...

Save your money, it is cheap for a reason, penetrable from anywhere, go out for a meal instead, beside no matter what tier you're at, people just spam the gold,meaning you have to meaning you have to spend 25 quid a week 

5 game and by god do I want to kil someone right now.

tajj7 #2350 Posted 05 October 2019 - 01:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28447 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Can we have a 're-supply only from depot' option for directives and consumables please? Quite annoying to say have 20+ directives to use but at the same time when they are used up if you have re-supply ticked you start using bonds. 

__Equilibrium__ #2351 Posted 05 October 2019 - 05:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 50011 battles
*edited

Edited by flashmove_iron, 06 October 2019 - 10:48 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate content.

Bigtime_Alarm #2352 Posted 06 October 2019 - 07:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21818 battles
How about Combat Intelligence and/or other announcements, info etc. being shown alongside the table of numbers during the waiting for battle screen? As the waits are getting longer and a bunch of random numbers changing isn't very interesting at least something else to look at might be informative.

Edited by Bigtime_Alarm, 06 October 2019 - 07:20 AM.

speedyblur #2353 Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:16 AM

Private

• Player
  • 39501 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

Cant help myself to congratulate WG team for their efforts in selling matches with their trash MM ! 15 games in a row with at least half of the team of red bots , meanwhile , enemy team had FAME and other blue green players at least half of the team . Am i an idiot ? Its all about skill .... put noobs to fight with very experienced . Now i wonder why this game is losing hundrets of players daily ... . Play with 2 afks in team , watch how WG is sealing the fate of the game becouse they cannot implement lobby shuffle by personal score . Lets see how it will end up in the next 2 years ... how many players will still play this trash of a game .

Edited by speedyblur, 06 October 2019 - 10:16 AM.

reklakazala #2354 Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:17 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22992 battles
  • [V-S-B] V-S-B

View PostJethro_Grey, on 29 August 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

In WoWS we have a suggestion thread, that was pinned ages ago where players could post their suggestion and the WG team would forward them to the DEVs. Since we don't have one for WoT, i'd like to start one and ask @Kandly and other WG staff and or moderators to do pin this one and remove all non-suggestion posts from this topic.

To avoid getting it closed, i'll post the same rules TheCinC set for the WoWS thread and which have worked well so far, i've modified it to fit to WoT:

Please help make World of Tanks great again and add your own suggestions here.

When you add a suggestion, please keep it positive, constructive and if possible, to the point.

Be clear, be specific if possible, use terminology we all understand.

Use your likes to vote for ideas you might like but please:

Please do not comment on the suggestions, just like them or not, so we can keep this clean and people can just trawl through the suggestions of us forumites.

If you run out of likes, come back another day.

I've seen quite a few inspiring suggestions, but most of those threads die a lonely death sooner or later, this is my way of trying to keep them alive.

If you want a separate topic, or already have one and want me to add them here, PM me and I'll try to add a link in the OP ASAP.

If you want to comment/discuss any or all of the suggestions, please start a separate topic for that suggestion.

If you agree with a suggestion, just click 'Like this'. The more likes, the more popular a suggestion is, the more likely it will at least attract attention.

Thank you for your attention and your cooperation. :honoring:  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll start by making a suggestion that is actually lifted from our resindent Hamster in this thread, and slightly adjusted.

Basically, i'd like to see a PvE mode implemented with several game modes which wouldn't work too well in PvP.

WoWS showed us, that a well made PvE mode is not only fun ( despite lower credit and XP gain), but also breaks up the monotony of the endless PvP grind. It allows players to immerse themself in Operations and battles based on historical events.

Nation vs Nation, Operations on large maps ( which are restricted to TX in PvP), historical battles and many other modes would work in PvE quite well and as additional Bonus, all the olden maps ( like Dragons Ridge) that have been removed due to being imbalanced in PvP could be used in PvE and get a revival. 

As additional bonus, this mode could be used to get used to new aquired tanks and as practice 'grounds', without disturbing the actual gameplay in PvP.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second suggestion:

Pls let us preview emblems and inscriptions on all tanks. 

Right now,  certain inscriptions are bound to a tank permanently if i commit, so it's either that or not having them on the tank.

Hope to see many suggestions and please remember to not discuss them in this thread!

i remember you had 30k of battles

gbaj #2355 Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:41 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10900 battles
I think thet if WG buffs tenks that are to weak they shud do something to the forgaten foch155 the tenk took a  overy nerf thet made him not playable so as a part of a com thets playing this game for 7y now and have seen everything and because i think and know thet tenk has a strong gun but the time has forgoten him and it cant do nothing and the BF so i think thet you should buff it and look how it dose the buffs thet he neads are preety big and they are(what i think and i suggest to try it becoase the COM well always sey is op untile some time gose but this are the bufs).            1. The unloading speed neads to

from 5s to 4s(ore 3.5s)

2. Reloading(47.95s to 44.80s)

3. Cupolas on top of the tenk nead to be smaller and have a smaller hit spots(the left one:smaller hit box and thet comander dosent

reklakazala #2356 Posted 06 October 2019 - 11:06 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22992 battles
  • [V-S-B] V-S-B

View Postspeedyblur, on 06 October 2019 - 10:16 AM, said:

Cant help myself to congratulate WG team for their efforts in selling matches with their trash MM ! 15 games in a row with at least half of the team of red bots , meanwhile , enemy team had FAME and other blue green players at least half of the team . Am i an idiot ? Its all about skill .... put noobs to fight with very experienced . Now i wonder why this game is losing hundrets of players daily ... . Play with 2 afks in team , watch how WG is sealing the fate of the game becouse they cannot implement lobby shuffle by personal score . Lets see how it will end up in the next 2 years ... how many players will still play this trash of a game .

if you dont learn in 1000 battles, well ,you never will.thing is that they constantly changes ( or balance( tanks and you cant possibly know what tank can pen you and what tank cant.also they give names of their products of hystorical AFV so if you have any knowledge of ,zhat is great disadvantage in game.take for example T-10 and obj 257. T-10 cant bounce shells even if you angle your tank.etc etc

10:06 Added after 0 minute

View Post__Equilibrium__, on 05 October 2019 - 05:35 PM, said:

*edited

sendvichari na djelu

10:13 Added after 7 minute

View PostJigabachi, on 29 August 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

We have over SIX YEARS of forum content filled with all kinds of suggestions already. What we don't have is a mod or community guy caring about even a single one of those.

they do.you suggest something , and they will do exactly opposit

LordMuffin #2357 Posted 06 October 2019 - 05:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 53499 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
A revolutionising idea.

R E M O V E   A R T Y ! ! !

Love_Thy_Arty #2358 Posted 07 October 2019 - 12:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 90652 battles

This will sound bad to many of you, but that doesn't necessarily make it false.

Since we won't see SBMM until Hell freezes over, there's one thing WG could do to make higher tier battles better. If it was up to me, I wouldn't let players with PR under 4000 (or even 5000) buy Tier X tanks. My reasoning is this. Many a game is ruined right from the start with cluless people who don't know what to do or where to go. I've seen ppl with PR < 2000 at Tier X playing some OP Russian tanks and devastating autoloaders... and thus severely handicapping their teams. FYI, Obj 268 4 is NOT a bush-camping sniping TD.

And now back to the game with Obj 261 after at least 6 losses in a row. Some Muppets just don't know what they are supposed to do!

Cheezix #2359 Posted 07 October 2019 - 01:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39671 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostLove_Thy_Arty, on 07 October 2019 - 12:53 PM, said:

This will sound bad to many of you, but that doesn't necessarily make it false.

Since we won't see SBMM until Hell freezes over, there's one thing WG could do to make higher tier battles better. If it was up to me, I wouldn't let players with PR under 4000 (or even 5000) buy Tier X tanks. My reasoning is this. Many a game is ruined right from the start with cluless people who don't know what to do or where to go. I've seen ppl with PR < 2000 at Tier X playing some OP Russian tanks and devastating autoloaders... and thus severely handicapping their teams. FYI, Obj 268 4 is NOT a bush-camping sniping TD.

They will never do that, because it would block 75% of their player base from reaching the tiers where they need a constant credits flow to keep on playing. This whole game was designed in a way that people who really enjoy the game (if they are good or bad, but preferably bad), eventually need to spend money to keep on playing. The worse the player, the more money they need to invest to keep on playing and getting tier X tanks. So undermining their own business model is the last thing they will do. 

Edit:

View PostLove_Thy_Arty, on 07 October 2019 - 12:53 PM, said:

And now back to the game with Obj 261 after at least 6 losses in a row. Some Muppets just don't know what they are supposed to do!

Not even funny how arty always love to complain about their teams. "Why does my team not do all the hard and risky work for me so I can get some easy damage sitting safely in the back? Why?? Just Why??!!!" 

Edited by Cheezix, 07 October 2019 - 01:12 PM.

Love_Thy_Arty #2360 Posted 07 October 2019 - 01:49 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 90652 battles

View PostCheezix, on 07 October 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

Edit:

Not even funny how arty always love to complain about their teams. "Why does my team not do all the hard and risky work for me so I can get some easy damage sitting safely in the back? Why?? Just Why??!!!" 

It is just as frustrating to play a LT as it is to play an SPG when your team's best tanks do the silliest things. And yes, I do complain when I see people on tiers they don't belong to. I just don't see what kind of an enjoyment they get from being owned time after time. *shrug* Must be some sort of a masochism, right?

I know WG will never do this, but a boy can always dream. Well, hopefully better games come soo so I can bury this crap and forget about it altogether.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users