Suggestions what should WG implement new (and old) ideas

• Please log in to reply
2533 replies to this topic

TomatoShooter #2421 Posted 06 November 2019 - 03:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1116 battles

View Poststrv_varjager, on 04 November 2019 - 05:34 PM, said:

Since WG would never buff the bad tanks just add skill level indicator on each tank so new players dont have to play the bad tanks WG have designed on purpose.

Either a grade from 1 to 5 with 1 as easy and 5 as very hard, or just "Easy, Normal and Hard", or "Low skill, Medium skill, High skill", or Trash tank, OK tank, Good tank, OP tank, this is the one i would prefer.

A tank is as good as the person playing it....

Ace42X #2422 Posted 06 November 2019 - 07:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8535 battles

HE rework suggestion

Goals:
Preserve Derps so that they don't become useless (and thus make tanks whose derp is unique-selling-point useless);
to preserve HE as bonus damage on lightly armoured tanks;
to make trickle-damage on heavily armoured tanks more consistent at lower calibres;
to streamline behaviour so it is more intuitive and consistent.

Idea:
Make it so that all HE damage is applied as fall-off damage proportional to distance from point-of-impact, with armour acting as a multiplier to the distance that thickness of armour represents (effectively treating the epicentre of the HE explosion as further away from HP and internal modules than it literally is).  This multiplier could be either fixed (armour is always treated as twice the distance of its thickness, for example); or cumulative depending on how the other variables shape up.

The "armour penetration" value of HE shells would be subtracted from the thickness of the armour between epicentre and the modules it is damaging (down to a value of 0), effectively treating armour like just plain simple air for that much penetration.

Spaced armour moves the epicentre further from what it's damaging, so works fine as implemented into the game at present.

Weak-points that are within the blast-radius of an HE shell would add the distance between them and the impact point (along surface of tank) to the fall-off, and if that value represents more damage (closer to impact point) than going a direct route through thicker armour, that damage would be implied instead.

Spall-liners would simply add a fixed (flat) amount of "effective distance" between impact point and what it's damaging, as well as the current reduction to stun effects (and maybe +crew HP too, although this might be unnecessary given how this rework interacts with modules.)

Non-penetrations would only occur if effective distance from impact point to interior of tank is so great (typically if armour increases distance beyond the blast-radius of the shell) that the effective damage to the hull (interior) is 0.

This would require a reconsideration (and probably at least partial rebalancing) of the following:
Blast-radii for different HE shells - big ones have a bigger radius and so more favourable fall-off characteristics and ability to find weakpoints, small ones require more accurate aiming on weakpoints to limit falloff and deal optimal damage.  This would be the main balancing mechanism and make sure that big calibre derps feel different and powerful enough from lights.

Penetration values for different HE guns - has a lot of potential for keeping things fun and fair as a fine-tuning mechanism, but could probably stay at the current base values as a starting point for balance.

Alpha for different HE guns - really this can be normalised if blast-radii is determining end-damage, keeping small-calibre low-alpha guns relevant against weak armour.

Fall-off rate I'd assume is already respectable given its implementation in artillery, but could be treated separately as needed

Cross__ #2423 Posted 06 November 2019 - 10:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 35808 battles
  • [DA-FI] DA-FI
Hi!  I don't see why I can't get past the Chimera Alliance's 15 missions!  Even after many battles you can't finish!  Just two shots missing!  It's like the game doesn't want to let you down anymore!  I got my tank for the mission!  I've been trying to finish it for eight days!  Apparently the 4 commands will not allow because 3 have been redeemed!  It's like the game is manipulated!  I'm clueless !
Sorry my english not very good ! :D

Cross__ #2424 Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 35808 battles
  • [DA-FI] DA-FI

I read the board and many people are dissatisfied with the game!
The point!
The game is not moving in the right direction! 
Although revenue can be good for Wargaming! And the rest doesn't matter! Positive Gaming Experience = 0 That's the biggest problem! Whatever it would be to repair it
Many new games will be released early next year!

Which will be a great success and as a result the World of tanks player stock will decrease which will also be reflected in the financial income!

mpf1959 #2425 Posted 07 November 2019 - 04:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30191 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT
Dear WG, I suggest that the credits redemption for anyone wishing to sell a premium be raised, to at least equal to the cost of credits as bought from you. 

ZDN #2426 Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26710 battles
  • [ONIX] ONIX
To get assisted dmg from engine knockout.you get from spot/stun or tracks but engine?

Pedro_Agnus #2427 Posted 08 November 2019 - 07:08 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29922 battles
  • [S-D-G] S-D-G

Well... First time i'm posting here so... I'll try to keep it short.

My suggestion is for WG keep in mind when a player feels he's playing with the same guns as everyone else.... You have a fair game! This is completely the opposite of whats going on now. So.... Please keep this in mind or otherwise, wont be next year, but in a couple years you need to introduce bots till tier VI at least because the player based will be... Miserably low and the game... Almost dead. Just saying! Dont go down the same road you've been going to!

I know this envolves losing some income.... But better some than nothing right? And maybe by recovering the game you may also recover many old players and stay even! Good policy right? Yeah but this is not whats happening... :D

tzavelasf #2428 Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30066 battles
  • [EL-AR] EL-AR
One and only suggestion. Make game available again to all.

John_Black_Jack_Pershing #2429 Posted 09 November 2019 - 03:46 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 20834 battles
  • [SW-PB] SW-PB
Give all Russian tanks 1/1/1 in armour stats and all other nations 999/999/999 in every other nations stats to actually represent historical values. everyones knows that Russian tanks are USELESS in the real life. So, No russian tank should be able to actually hit or damage any other tank in any circumstance, while ALL other nations shuold be able to kill any Russian tanks with  one shot. All Russian tanks should be ONE big weakspot, if you actually aim to be anything historical, while all other tanks should never be hurt by inferior russian firepower. 1000,000,000 russain shots can't hurt any other nation. Now we are talking historical accuracy.  It should take 50.000 russian tanks to even dent ONE German tank. but no.. we are going for historical parody instead. Sad to see this joke going down.

Annoy1ng #2430 Posted 09 November 2019 - 05:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21059 battles

Edited by Annoy1ng, 13 November 2019 - 05:51 PM.

smudger341 #2431 Posted 09 November 2019 - 05:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 35415 battles
  • [COBRA] COBRA

View Postbomid, on 02 November 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

I will definitely stop playing World of Tanks after 7 years. You ruined the game so much that it doesn't make sense to play anymore. The battles end in 3-5 minutes. You put 2-3 points in a team and three artillery. He can't move from the base, let alone play. EBRs run 100 km per hour and the artillery rivets, so you play mate. You killed the sense of tank and armor. A bucket of 85 millimeter tubes and a tenth-generation tank comes, not only with ammunition but also ordinary. Come on, please. E-100, Maus were the term armor protection. Now they're just plain crap. I played the game on 3 accounts and my rating was over 50%. In the last 1-2 months I have fallen below and I have been playing pretty well. I can't put together 30% wins in a day. Is that normal. God knows what you do with the game. Here's an example. Recently I started playing with the Polish 53TP and after 30 battles with completely unexplored modules my rating was between 75% and 83%. When I researched the tracks and the dome I suddenly fell to 54%. Where is the logic. Now, I better drill some buckets than tanks. That's not normal. Or say another example. I drive an E-50M which is a tenth generation tank, I encounter a relentless battle with the TL-1 LPC tank. They bother me with regular front-end ammunition and I can't. Again without any logic and sense. On one of my accounts in a month I dropped from 6,140 to 6,080. Twenty days ago I also wrote you a ticket with a similar subject. Miraculously, the day after that I broke. I had 70-75% wins. What it means. It means that you are in complete control of every segment of the game and of course you can influence the game as you like. I really can't lose my temper by playing this game. Since I was 48 and I was a soldier, so I know something about military technology, and I give myself the right to give you some advice. I know you won't take them, but I just want to say:
 1. Throw the wheels completely out of the game, because they really don't belong there because they spoil the meaning of the game and the existence of light tanks.
 2. I think that artillery should also be thrown out or at least reduced in its capabilities and number. To never have more than 2 artillery in a team of course if the bass has to stay in the game.
3.Remove the gold ammo, or return it as it was before. That gold ammunition is bought exclusively for gold and that gold is bought for real money or earned through completing some missions and tasks.
4. Design the game so that there can only be two generations of tanks in a team. For example the first and second, second and third, .... ninth and tenth generations
5. Restore the meaning of armor on tanks. Tiger, Tiger II, E-75, E-100, Maus simply must not be pierced from the front by tanks of the same generation.
6. Remove the tank top howitzers.
If you do what I have suggested, or at least part of it, you will make sense of the game. For now, the game is a circus and fun for children up to 12 years old.
So much for me.

I have to agree about taking out the wheeled vehicles, they have ruined the game and alos lets limit the arty to one or two.

markynocarpy #2432 Posted 09 November 2019 - 09:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 34210 battles
Selling  tanks to players is the normal way to run the game . But he moment a new tank pops up there’s a mad rush to get it  . That’s the way it works . Just remember if that tank over classed every thing in the game  every player would buy it and run it . Forget the rest everyone in the same tank . Now that’s what you call a game   The only way to do it is to balance up . That’s what wg has being doing for years  Why is it players on here can it work that out is beyond  me

mpf1959 #2433 Posted 12 November 2019 - 02:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30191 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT
Dear WG, can we swap our Frontline boosters for normal? for players that dont like to play FL, it would be great to be able to swap (or sell for credits) these boosters.

Xerxes_King #2434 Posted 12 November 2019 - 03:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3077 battles
  • [D-K-C] D-K-C

Hi, at first thanks for your very good tank game (WoT) !

i think all nations must have atleast one TD and Arty gun.

I want to create this TD and Arty Tanks for italy:
1- Semovente M. 41M da 90/53
2- Semovente da 149/40
Please create these tanks.

Thanks.:)

Annoy1ng #2435 Posted 12 November 2019 - 05:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21059 battles
  1. Remove SPG!!! Or give max 300dmg and that stupid stun needs to be removed.
  2. Also 1 skyshit per map
  3. STOP forcing players do SPG's missions. Every single player hates SPG and you still forcing them to play with that thing...
  4. Exclude map option- Only works for standard battles. So this option is useless if you like playing encounter or assault battles.
  5. Blacklist have only 1000 slots THAT's not enough
  6. Remove CARS from TANK game

Edited by Annoy1ng, 13 November 2019 - 05:15 PM.

ironslaveS #2436 Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 75538 battles
Remove wheeled vehicles from game.

DidiBrazi #2437 Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:31 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12936 battles
  • [_BGW_] _BGW_
You guys want a suggestion, here is one - limit the damn Artillery to just one in game. Currently 3 are too many. When they focus you you have no chance to do anything. I have the feeling devs or whoever is responsible for game balance doesnt play any actual battle to see whats going on. Its frustrating to be killed by artillery every time. I can bear every bulshit you guys do but this is too much.

Cheezix #2438 Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39714 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Agreed with the above. Arty is the single one thing I hate with a passion in this game. Even in ranked battles they make the mode 1000x more frustrating than it already is. 

Only good place for arty in this game is clan wars. Nobody every complains about arty in clan wars. because it has its tactical function there when all players play as a real team. But individual players clicking on other individual players making the game a complete annoyance instead of the fun its supposed to be is just unacceptable!

Salmandra #2439 Posted 14 November 2019 - 12:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 66907 battles
  • [-6-] -6-

Another couple of suggestions. (or more)

1. Remove your marketing and support team from testing this game. Do not let them decide what is good or not. Their level is at best tomato-ish. 

Fire them or send them to world of warplanes. 

2. Add different flavors to your camo depending on the number of battles played with that tank. Like bushes, wooden logs, sideskirts, more used paint, etc (50, 100, 500, 1000 battles e.g.)

3. Remove corridor maps and maps that are too small to fit any kind of battles; mines, paris, airfield ?   Give these maps to your marketing team to play with and develop something useless with flying objects that will take another decade to develop. 

4. Did i mention (remove arty or) max 1 arty per team? 

5. Give some feedback WG, on where you stand on all these player suggestions. 

Annoy1ng #2440 Posted 14 November 2019 - 02:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21059 battles

View PostSalmandra, on 14 November 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

Another couple of suggestions. (or more)

1. Remove your marketing and support team from testing this game. Do not let them decide what is good or not. Their level is at best tomato-ish. 

Fire them or send them to world of warplanes. 

2. Add different flavors to your camo depending on the number of battles played with that tank. Like bushes, wooden logs, sideskirts, more used paint, etc (50, 100, 500, 1000 battles e.g.)

3. Remove corridor maps and maps that are too small to fit any kind of battles; mines, paris, airfield ?   Give these maps to your marketing team to play with and develop something useless with flying objects that will take another decade to develop. 

4. Did i mention (remove arty or) max 1 arty per team? 

5. Give some feedback WG, on where you stand on all these player suggestions. 

They don't even know that this thread exists... They don't give  a poop about our opinion. 

The only thing they know is how to make more premium tanks and more OP russian tanks that's it. Sad but true 

Edited by Annoy1ng, 14 November 2019 - 04:22 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users