WoT Suggestions Thread

Suggestions what should WG implement new (and old) ideas

• Please log in to reply
2883 replies to this topic

MSc_vonEe #2761 Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10119 battles

I have a suggestion about people swearing with diseases or making death wishes or any other over the top insults.

It happens quite a lot that people swear with cancer, make death wishes to other players or any other outrageous insults. In my opinion the standard way of reporting those players is not sufficient enough (i.e.: a player makes these insults in one battle where stuff goes wrong, a few other players report them and the next 20 battles are okay so this player does not lose his temper). In other words, they probably never exceed the threshold for getting kicked. I would suggest to have the server check for words like cancer (c@ncer, canc3r, etc.) or any other words that could be highly offensive or traumatizing. Yes, I said that, traumatizing: I do not want to hear that my family should die of cancer, my sister already almost did. If such a word is detected AND the player gets reported by another player (as a checksum, in case the server is too sensitive) the player will receive a ban for one hour. Maybe with a notification message that the player should take a walk to cool down a bit ;-)

Thank you in advance,

Thomas

soulcatimous #2762 Posted 24 February 2020 - 12:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13372 battles
  • [BOOF] BOOF

So, Blueprint Fragments.

I've completed the Italian Line, but still have 57 Italian Fragments.

Why can't I exchange them for generic fragments? Wouldn't that make sense? Like when you get tank fragments that you already have, and they automatically convert to generics?

Of course making sense is not mandatory, obviously.

mcxmcx #2763 Posted 24 February 2020 - 05:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34307 battles

Level the playing field  - -   Currently new players have to play vs tankers with 6 or 7 crew skills who can afford premium and bonded equipment making their tanks just 25 - 40% better (Steel Hunter does address this well but only available for short time).  This is a barrier to entry for new players.

Tired game mode  - -  Standard battles get very meta when compared to the limited but excellent Front Line mode 

Missions  - - The 2 top rewards are heavy tanks but what if u dont like HT play, there needs to be a choice.  Also made easier to complete even if u dont use up to 2 out of the 5 tank types (personally i spgs and HT).

**Obviously only half the current and potential players would agree with these changes so open up new modes to run in conjunction while keeping the old ones. 

The 're balancing' efforts going on now are imo only tickling attempts to improve the game and dont attack the current dis satisfactions within the game.

There seems to be an echo chamber mentality going on at WG at the movement.  I see a great game that is not living up to anywhere near its potential, there will be well over 1,000,000,000 potential players out there and i hear we have a base of 2,000,000.  So WG has 0.2% share of the market, why not have a crack at the other 99.8%.

Currently WG possibly gets about $10 per active user on average.  In order to really make some money charge a lot less/ no pay2win to massively increase user base and expect $1 per active user.

This tired old model of pay2 win is going the way of the Dinosaurs 

Griffinclaw #2764 Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:19 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18336 battles
  • [VAGA] VAGA

1. Most important - stop the premium ammu spam to make armour work again.

2. MM should do +/- 1 to make it fun again (T8 vs T10 is useless)

Edited by Griffinclaw, 25 February 2020 - 10:21 AM.

OldKresoje #2765 Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 28607 battles
  • [KSJD] KSJD

It needs to be said. Several aspects of the Game are defying logic. If you guys do these things on purpose - then it is all simply beyond logic. If you are not doing it on purpose - here are simple solutions and fixes.

1. Global chat is toxic incubator. KILL IT. You dont need it. We dont need it. Or you do like the PL/CZ/LIT/LAT/UKR anti WG, anti Russian and anti Belorussian rant 24/7 ? If you do - that defies all logic.
  2. Batte ingame chat, other than the functions affirmative, negative, help, defend the base - is also, another toxic incubator. KILL IT or modify it. Or you do like insults and curses? If  you do - that defies all logic.
  3. Now the more complex issue. If you make Missions, Campaigns, Marathons etc based on "acquire more experience" base - then all players just play selfish, solo, than all the mods come in play, cheat shoot and cheat modes, or they simply ram, push or block everybody else and all other bad playing habits... Again it is not logical, unless you guys WANT players to play selfish, in random mode - but that doesnt make any sence at all... is this game about personal exp results, or about winrate? Becaue it cant be both and that's why you have the Primary MM error - 15:2 win  and then 2:15 loss with the same tank and crew... That is just not acceptable to most. And all them Campaings, Missions, Marathons, Giveaways, Tournaments etc ain't helping. You guys in WG, with your attitude are becoming like those elite-rock-bands.... Dream Theater kind... bands that only other musicians listen. Only the "educated" can follow... if you catch my metaphore ; with all your fine tuning, new balances, ammo buffing, tank nerfing, new line installing, new equipment building and all the stats and piechart ANAL-itics... you are becoming a game that only nolifers, pro-gamers, twichers and youtubers like and can fully consumate... Others just LOSE too much. And nobody likes to lose. 
    Fortunately, the solution is simple - make all the missions and marathons based on WINS, instead on "gain more exp"... so people HAVE TO COOPERATE in order to WIN the game and the tone of the game will change ...
    Or maybe you wouldn't  like that?
    You like it this way?
  4. [removed]

That's all i have to say. 

Edited by Homer_J, 26 February 2020 - 10:13 AM.
Xenophopbia is not welcome here

____Green____ #2766 Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27368 battles
  • [B4LV] B4LV

View PostOldKresoje, on 25 February 2020 - 11:25 AM, said:

Now the more complex issue. If you make Missions, Campaigns, Marathons etc based on "acquire more experience" base - then all players just play selfish, solo, than all the mods come in play, cheat shoot and cheat modes, or they simply ram, push or block everybody else and all other bad playing habits... Again it is not logical, unless you guys WANT players to play selfish, in random mode - but that doesnt make any sence at all... is this game about personal exp results, or about winrate? Becaue it cant be both and that's why you have the Primary MM error - 15:2 win  and then 2:15 loss with the same tank and crew... 

More you believe in it, the more you will suffer from it. 

I agree there is some MM fails, but mostly like 5vs5 LT's or 6+ TD's on both sides.

There is huge number of players out there who plays this game for ages and still use same path, same route, same strat and gets 15:5 in three minutes and of course he blame other players, MM, WG, SPG, not himself. :) Winrate mirrors your influence to game. Everything below 46% mean - no influence on victory at all. That means your game play or playstyle is wrong, you pick wrong positions on map, you don't use strong sides of your tank. 

You are great example: Last 24hrs, 109battles played at tier VIII; IX; X @ average dmg = 750

What u expect? 

OldKresoje #2767 Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:13 AM

Private

• Player
  • 28607 battles
  • [KSJD] KSJD
Wow. You came at me personally and labeled me as a bad player and pull the piechart data - but by doing that you actually just proved my point. That's EXACTLY how boys from Dream Theater frown upont the "lesser musicians" who failed to arpeggio and fret slide like they did... Thats the philosophy WG crew adopted (influenced by the best players no doub) "all you OTHER PEOPLE are just bad players and who cares about you"...

Edited by OldKresoje, 25 February 2020 - 11:40 AM.

____Green____ #2768 Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27368 battles
  • [B4LV] B4LV

View PostOldKresoje, on 25 February 2020 - 12:13 PM, said:

Wow. You insulted me personally and labeled me as a bad player - but by doing that you actually just proved my point. That's EXACTLY how boys from Dream Theater frown upont the "lesser musicians"... Thats the philosophy WG crew adopted (influenced by the best players no doub) "all you OTHER PEOPLE are just bad players and who cares about you"...

Srsly? Bad player is bad because he does not want to progress. He does not learn from his mistakes.

Even John Petrucci (DT) started as absolute zero, but hard work, learning, practice over years made him a legendary guitar player.

Just prove I am wrong! As guitar player I can prove you that 2300hrs of practice is more than enough to learn basic of guitar playing. At this moment you have spent in game same amount of time and still no understanding about game basics, mechanics, maps, tanks etc. 

You have to admit your mistakes in order to learn. When you will understand how things work - start to point out all imperfections. :)

Check out this guy, almost the whole body is paralyzed - hard work and he is better than 99% of all wot players.

Chill ;)

Edited by ____Green____, 25 February 2020 - 12:00 PM.

OldKresoje #2769 Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 28607 battles
  • [KSJD] KSJD

Mate, THIS IS A GAME and not a University. Its not WORK, its supposed to be FUN. - it shouldn't take HOURS OF PRACTICE :)  The mere notion of it is silly.

Unfortunately the hard-core core of the WG community and therefore the WG crew is increasingly pushing that logic. WOT Master or tomato buster.
"This game should be your 100% time occupation thing, or you should just leave to Tetris or Fortnite".

Exactly the attitude that i spoke against. 

Edited by OldKresoje, 25 February 2020 - 11:59 AM.

Aleo #2770 Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:13 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 33966 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

Can we get the spotting mechanics from Steel Hunter back in the base game? Your current spotting mechanics are borked. So I got spotted by the barrel and extreme upper part of the light tanks mantlet as it cruised the ridge line in 105 km/h?? And remove all shoot throughs in walls smaller than at least 100 x 50 cm. Its laughable that the heavy tank can be poking though a glory-hole in some wall just big enough for the gun! How are the optics able to see through the stone? I guess you have no idea where the sighs of a tank are placed... I'll give you a hint; its not in the gun.

Someone should edit this thread to show all the suggestions, and note if WG ever listened to them. 

Edited by Aleo, 25 February 2020 - 12:14 PM.

____Green____ #2771 Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27368 battles
  • [B4LV] B4LV

I get your point.

Imagine fishing for every day without fish caught.

Imagine work without tasks and goals.

Imagine a family without children.

Imagine studying without professors and lectures.

Imagine sports games where athletes participate but do not compete.

What a wonderful world.

Cheezix #2772 Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40519 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostOldKresoje, on 25 February 2020 - 11:58 AM, said:

Mate, THIS IS A GAME and not a University. Its not WORK, its supposed to be FUN. - it shouldn't take HOURS OF PRACTICE :)  The mere notion of it is silly.

It all comes down to how you enjoy this game. If you're happy driving around and shooting one or two tanks every other game then that's just fine right? Don't expect to win the majority of your games though playing like that, because this game is designed as a competitive team based MMO despite the teams being random in random battles. 

But if you (like myself) have most fun when winning games, then you try and improve your play style and learn from your mistakes. Self-reflection combined with critical thinking are a must if you want to improve and win more.

On the other hand: try seeing it from the positive side: no matter how bad you play: you never lose more than 30% - 40% of your games even if you try to. In wot every player has a nice chance of winning some games each day! :playing:

OldKresoje #2773 Posted 25 February 2020 - 12:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28607 battles
  • [KSJD] KSJD

@ _Green
Actually you are not geting my point - with all due respect - you are too deep into "look at my stats" (see your signature), to be able to care about what i speak.

"work, task, goals, professors, competition"... what are you talkinga about mate - remember, ITS A GAME !!!! :)

And the game has a logical error ; OK one buffs his personal stats and all that - but the winning rate is determined by a group/team effort in random games. The game doesnt count personal data or if it does, it doesnt do it right - WOT doesnt say for example, if you make fire for effect and higher you WIN if you are below that you LOSE - hence the counting of winrate by idividual stats only... No - it randonly select the players and then we have 2:15 loses. Or you never had a game where you were top of the exp, top dmg, 3-4 medals ... but still, regardless of that the loss was 2:15?

And if you didnt we dont play same game then. I have 10/30 of those every day. 
But speaking of stats - that also shows how strange the game is - for example: look at my february hall of fame -

559 - average experience per battle i scored higher than 57% of players ... so only 43% played that part better than me. And almost 60 per cent of players cant make even that exp? It's sad really.

358 - average damage assited per battle - i scored higer than 53% players. so only 47% played that part better than me.  More than half doesn't spot or track the enemy?

466 - average damage blocked per battle - I scored higher than 78% players. So, only 22% played that part better than me. All others dont know how to sidescrape? Horror.

But hey :) Its all cool - You are not the first good player whom i had difficulty explaining why its not good to only few people "play the game good" and all others to "play bad":.

@Cheez
I will always look at it as fun. And I did understand that competitive kind go to every lenght to win. I do it in important spheres of life. And i noticed that here also WOT makers to whom the WOT is WORK made it so, supported by a loud Twitch, YT etc community who also see WOT as WORK... and it grow for years that way and now its 2 worlds apart. Players like me on one side and good players on another :) and my oppinion is not relevant anymore :):)  i know, but i wanted to articulate some thoughts i have about the game... nothing more. 

You both have a great WOT day!

Edited by OldKresoje, 25 February 2020 - 01:17 PM.

Private_Miros #2774 Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27461 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostOldKresoje, on 25 February 2020 - 11:55 AM, said:

the winning rate is determined by a group/team effort in random games.

The difference from the mean over large numbers of battles is due to your contribution (or lack thereof) to the team.

If you "buff" your personal stats, you automatically remove more enemy HP from each battle than the enemy removes from yours when you are in the team. Hence your teams win more than the teams of a players that deals less damage (directly or indirectly). The effect is the same when you make good or bad decisions consistently. You increase your own chances of "having a good team".

So, yes, the win rate is determined by the team effort. But you can play a rather siginifcant role on what that team effort is on average.

mpf1959 #2775 Posted 25 February 2020 - 02:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34495 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

Dear WG, please remove the discrimination between the tiers regarding banned maps, I never want to go to abbey, whatever tier I am in!

Also, please consider giving paying players another map to ban also, we deserve it for financing the game! :girl:

Tankagoon1 #2776 Posted 25 February 2020 - 06:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7268 battles

Could I also suggest changing current Spotting conventions used by WG, perhaps, stop displaying on the in game chat, that a target is highlighted, simply show it as it is currently, with a temporary marker on the in game map. 

There really is no benefit in knowing what is being highlighted in a spot, however, more should be done to emphasise the spot in game, perhaps using a glowing yellow flag over the existing marker label?

Rosetta_and_Philae #2777 Posted 26 February 2020 - 10:01 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 53271 battles
  • [FXIS] FXIS
Double barrel tanks for all nations.

Homer_J #2778 Posted 26 February 2020 - 10:20 AM

Field Marshal

• 33719 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostOldKresoje, on 25 February 2020 - 09:25 AM, said:

It needs to be said. Several aspects of the Game are defying logic. If you guys do these things on purpose - then it is all simply beyond logic. If you are not doing it on purpose - here are simple solutions and fixes.

1. Global chat is toxic incubator. KILL IT. You dont need it. We dont need it. Or you do like the PL/CZ/LIT/LAT/UKR anti WG, anti Russian and anti Belorussian rant 24/7 ? If you do - that defies all logic.
  2. Batte ingame chat, other than the functions affirmative, negative, help, defend the base - is also, another toxic incubator. KILL IT or modify it. Or you do like insults and curses? If  you do - that defies all logic.

1. Don't open general chat.

2. Turn off battle chat in your game settings.

So there you go, fixed two of your problems already.

And BTW, this is the suggestions thread, not the arguments thread.

TomatoShooter #2779 Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1136 battles

View PostTankagoon1, on 25 February 2020 - 06:08 PM, said:

Could I also suggest changing current Spotting conventions used by WG, perhaps, stop displaying on the in game chat, that a target is highlighted, simply show it as it is currently, with a temporary marker on the in game map. 

There really is no benefit in knowing what is being highlighted in a spot, however, more should be done to emphasise the spot in game, perhaps using a glowing yellow flag over the existing marker label?

Can you please try to rephrase this? I really don't understand what you are suggesting...

Tolppakaljaa #2780 Posted 27 February 2020 - 06:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26905 battles
  • [-WZ-] -WZ-
There are so many things that needs to change in this game, but wargaming doesn't do anything, cause they they don't care about their players.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users