Experience, silver, gold and now bonds? Is all this necessary?

economy money gameplay

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Coltmagnum #1 Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 41721 battles

In game currency. I consider experience as a kind of currency, we earn it, we spend it for benefits, we can kind of buy experience or accelerate earning of experience, so it is convertible to silver and gold. So we had 3 kinds of in-game currency, IMAO it's like 2 too many already,  now WG introduces stupid bonds, that can be only earned in... and spent only on... (insert some WG [edited]). 

Why in hell do we need so many types of game money? Is the game not complicated enough? Are the noobs not confused enough to quit after a few battles?  Why not simplify the system, leaving one or two kinds at most, without pushing players into unwanted game modes and deterring new players with over-complicated system?

fighting_falcon93 #2 Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:52 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 30990 battles

View PostColtmagnum, on 29 August 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

Why in hell do we need so many types of game money?

We don't. They could have just given out gold instead of bonds. But then again, only top players are allowed to get free gold, so that's why bonds got introduced :)

Matcorr #3 Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22746 battles
I agree, we need turnips, potatoes and carrots instead

wremise #4 Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48198 battles

the new player does never come in contact with bonds, its only for the Tier X masterrace

And you doesnt have to be pushed into some "unwanted game modes", you can simply disable them in the option. And Dont come with some BS like: "I dont need it! why cant they fix MM instand"

About your question why their isnt only one type of currency:

- Gold -> Profit for WG

- Bonds -> To satisfy the "high-end"-players with some contant, (witout adding something new like tanks, maps. etc.. ) everytime

Blubba #5 Posted 29 August 2017 - 10:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53506 battles
  • [_GNR_] _GNR_

View PostMatcorr, on 29 August 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

Watch yourself, there's an underground movement espousing the sprout. S.O.E or 'Sprout Operations Executive' take a dim view of people plugging other vegetables. You could get a late night visit if you're not careful.....

Obsessive_Compulsive #6 Posted 29 August 2017 - 10:47 PM

General

• Player
  • 25823 battles
  • [ADUK] ADUK

View PostBlubba, on 29 August 2017 - 10:05 PM, said:

Watch yourself, there's an underground movement espousing the sprout. S.O.E or 'Sprout Operations Executive' take a dim view of people plugging other vegetables. You could get a late night visit if you're not careful.....

Of special note is the brassica family feud. Sprouts you see and cabbage,kale,broccoli,cauliflower and of course the more elusive kohlrabi are all the bastards of the wild mustard plant.

Quite the quandary this causes I am sure you will admit.

Enderman21 #7 Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26607 battles
  • [-BSF-] -BSF-
It's necessary for WG to milk the **** out of players in any way possible while saying bs like ''we try to introduce new stuff to the game dood''.

laulaur #8 Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46580 battles
  • [BLAUR] BLAUR

View PostBlubba, on 29 August 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

View PostConor_Notorious_McGregor, on 29 August 2017 - 09:47 PM, said:

Of special note is the brassica family feud. Sprouts you see and cabbage,kale,broccoli,cauliflower and of course the more elusive kohlrabi are all the bastards of the wild mustard plant.

Quite the quandary this causes I am sure you will admit.

jabster #9 Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

You name has been added to our list. Come the revolution ...

JaffaStar #10 Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47853 battles
This game is complex with his Exp , Gold , Silver and Bonds ?? :):) Then try out a real complex game .. It is caclled EvE Online ... 

Sfinski #11 Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:15 AM

Major

• Player
  • 31689 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Remember reading somewhere that bonds might replace gold. As we are going to get bonds for playing all t10 games, everyone would be able to receive bobds(late gold) without paying money. I'd think that could be an improvement actually.

Downside might be that removing equipments might get more expensive. Converting xp then would be available to everyone, at higher price...

Hedgehog1963 #12 Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:56 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51270 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
Problem is getting them.  I enter battle and I might not get into games where I can earn them.

eldrak #13 Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47320 battles
  • [NE-VO] NE-VO

View PostJaffaStar, on 30 August 2017 - 06:01 AM, said:

This game is complex with his Exp , Gold , Silver and Bonds ?? :):) Then try out a real complex game .. It is caclled EvE Online ...

EVE still only has ISK and Aur  and faction warfare points that you can buy things for?

WoT has credits (silver), gold, free experience, bonds, resources (boxes)

Geno1isme #14 Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:03 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42583 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostSfinski, on 30 August 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

Remember reading somewhere that bonds might replace gold. As we are going to get bonds for playing all t10 games, everyone would be able to receive bobds(late gold) without paying money. I'd think that could be an improvement actually.

Well, according to WoT Publishing Director at WGGCCP that information was Fake news. And if you compare the quoted Q+A on the different blogs (e.g. TAP and TDB) you'll see quite significant differences in the translated transcriptions, so I guess this is at most an early thought of some devs and nothing that's actually planned.

View PostColtmagnum, on 29 August 2017 - 10:33 PM, said:

Why in hell do we need so many types of game money? Is the game not complicated enough? Are the noobs not confused enough to quit after a few battles?  Why not simplify the system, leaving one or two kinds at most, without pushing players into unwanted game modes and deterring new players with over-complicated system?

Lol, four currencies is about as simple as you can be. Basically any MMO has at least three currencies:

- one to measure progress (XP)

- one to measure wealth in-game (credits)

- one for (micro-)transactions (gold)

And as soon as you want something a bit more spezialized you add new currencies.

If you want a complicated currency-scheme, try Lord of the Rings online. There almost every instance, region and event has its own currency or token system, often even more than one. On top of I think about a dozen global currencies. Some of them being interchangable, some not.

Also mind that we already have a few more currencies in WoT: Industrial Resources (SH) and if I'm not mistaken Influence (CW).

Also tagged with economy, money, gameplay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users