KV-3 Engines

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

General_Crisis #1 Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:05 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15587 battles

So I just got my KV-3 and started upgrading modules to find that the second engine V-21S is exactly the same as the the stock V-5 but costs 11k xp to unlock in order to progress to the top engine.

I must just be having a dumb episode and missing something really obvious, because otherwise someone at WG must be really dumb or is just plain extracting the urine?

Both engines are the same weight, hp and even same chance of catching fire......wtf am I missing here?

Edited by General_Crisis, 30 August 2017 - 12:06 AM.

Aikl #2 Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:11 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25996 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

The second engine has more module HP than the stock one, i.e. it's harder to damage (turns yellow, tank goes slow).

It is, like many other things, a hidden stat. Tanks.gg is usable for finding such things. It's not the only tank that's like this, though engine HP is arguably more useful than, say, spending 25k experience for a 1,3% increase in engine power on a T54E1.

As to exactly why it's like this, it's partly because of the grinding challenge and partly because WG was a bit 'obsessed' over historical modules until a point; likely reason was the now long defunct historical battles - where people used their normal tanks with typically a forced near-stock config.

General_Crisis #3 Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:19 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15587 battles

View PostAikl, on 29 August 2017 - 11:11 PM, said:

The second engine has more module HP than the stock one, i.e. it's harder to damage (turns yellow, tank goes slow).

It is, like many other things, a hidden stat. Tanks.gg is usable for finding such things. It's not the only tank that's like this, though engine HP is arguably more useful than, say, spending 25k experience for a 1,3% increase in engine power on a T54E1.

As to exactly why it's like this, it's partly because of the grinding challenge and partly because WG was a bit 'obsessed' over historical modules until a point; likely reason was the now long defunct historical battles - where people used their normal tanks with typically a forced near-stock config.

Thanks for letting me know.  I will take your word for it because I am not gonna buy it and will just grind through to the top engine......doesn't seem worth bothering with tbh.

lafeel #4 Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:35 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4964 battles
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE

That V2IS engine also happens to be used on more than just the KV-3 so it is a useful module to unlock.

EDIT: KV-1S, KV-85, SU-152, IS (stock), KV-13, and ISU-152 (stock) to be precise. 

Edited by lafeel, 30 August 2017 - 01:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users