Serious question to WG for a change

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Nickthedevil #1 Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:55 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21987 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
You keep ranting on about how much you listen to your customers and you know exactly what the player base are after. I've been playing for nearly 3 years now and not ONCE have I been asked to fill in an online, or email survey, I've never been asked, in any form, what I feel about any aspect of the game. That's disgusting.

I happen to voice my opinion occasionally on this forum along with maybe 1% of the EU server - so how do you have a clue what the vast majority people really think?

It's got to a point I don't believe a word in any of your press releases or announcements. That is an awful state to be in from someone that actually likes your game (apart from the awfull parts you've never asked me about).

eldrak #2 Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45857 battles
  • [NE-VO] NE-VO

View PostNickthedevil, on 31 August 2017 - 07:55 AM, said:

You keep ranting on about how much you listen to your customers and you know exactly what the player base are after. I've been playing for nearly 3 years now and not ONCE have I been asked to fill in an online, or email survey, I've never been asked, in any form, what I feel about any aspect of the game. That's disgusting.

I happen to voice my opinion occasionally on this forum along with maybe 1% of the EU server - so how do you have a clue what the vast majority people really think?

It's got to a point I don't believe a word in any of your press releases or announcements. That is an awful state to be in from someone that actually likes your game (apart from the awfull parts you've never asked me about).

Then you missed a couple of surveys here on the forum.

I also got surveys through email and ingame.

Bordhaw #3 Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9581 battles

View PostNickthedevil, on 31 August 2017 - 07:55 AM, said:

But people will continue to play and pay so why waste time and resource on a survey? 

Aikl #4 Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:42 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
You haven't missed much, the two I remember getting were asking about trivial stuff like how stable the game was and how I liked the graphics/HD models. Might have been a question about the matchmaker, but it was rather superficial anyway.

Dragonlordcv #5 Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23966 battles

There are three options

1. They listened to the community thus far and made the worst possible outcome out of this

2. They did not listened the community and made the worst possible outcome out of their incompetence

3. They listened the community, thought they could add their ideas and in the end a monkey made the changes, cause they couldn't get to work due to too much alcohol or drugs.

ps. Devs do not play the game. So, whatever suggestions we may write, in the end they perceive we are talking about other games.

Edited by Dragonlordcv, 31 August 2017 - 09:49 AM.

qpranger #6 Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:54 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 30772 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNickthedevil, on 31 August 2017 - 09:55 AM, said:

You keep ranting on about how much you listen to your customers and you know exactly what the player base are after. I've been playing for nearly 3 years now and not ONCE have I been asked to fill in an online, or email survey, I've never been asked, in any form, what I feel about any aspect of the game.

Why would they ask you anything, you are a Dinger, all you know is how to spam gold :)

KLguns #7 Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:55 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 45929 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

They will start to make questions and listen to them right at the excact moment and people STOP PAYING for this game and play less.

Like this: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/08/30/wot-qa-kislyi-special-30-08-2017/

"If the online player count drops, we know something went wrong. I’m at ease though, we’re in control. The only reaction to this, is figuring out why the players leave, and undertake appropriate measures to change it"

This is the only thing that will bring changes, as long as you keep paying for every new prem tank that they spit out every month, nothing will change.

master4us #8 Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:56 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20805 battles
  • [TA-R3] TA-R3

I had period, maybe 6-8 months ago, when they were sending me weekly surveys in the game client. 4 or 5 in total

The last one I think it was about the Defender - if it's balanced or not, if I encountered one in battle and my opinion about it.

The surveys were pretty long with multiple questions and chapters. Took about 10-15 minutes to read and complete.

I did appreciate their effort and answered very seriously to each survey.

So, yes, they do ask players about their opinion

DuncaN_101 #9 Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51862 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View Posteldrak, on 31 August 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

Then you missed a couple of surveys here on the forum.

I also got surveys through email and ingame.

Same here but those weren't really that helpful / worth the effort tbh 

Nickthedevil #10 Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21987 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Never seen any, in the junk section of my email or in game - must not want to hear what I've got to say :)

Balc0ra #11 Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62894 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
I suspect that a small % have ever gotten a survey in the garage. I've gotten one a year ago. But not about changes. Just on how "happy" I was with current things. And I only know of one other that has gotten it that I play with. And only seen one or two ask about it on the forum, about what it was. I don't see why they don't give them to everyone, vs just 1 out of 10 000.

malachi6 #12 Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:38 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48655 battles

I have had 4 email surveys in my 6 years.  I would suggest they pick a random sample and you have been left out.  Also, many people make throw away emails for such games and never use that email after account creation.

RinTin_NL #13 Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14485 battles
Victor Kislyi: "All the ‘brains’ of WoT meet practically each day in one room and solve problems".

What did you fix? hahaha :trollface:

Edited by RinTin_NL, 31 August 2017 - 12:59 PM.

RockyRoller #14 Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28288 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
The management always listens, trouble is how to stop them just acting on what the failed ego managers want and and do something about the issues you care about. 

SirTogII #15 Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46423 battles
  • [REQT] REQT
It's fairly simple though. Any project in WG or any other company needs funding. You get funding by putting forward the idea/solution to the business. They in turn have a collection of projects/ideas that they have a limited amount of money for so they prioritise. They also have performance objectives so unless they want to look for a new job at the end of the year they have to choose wisely. What generates more revenue this year: a new line of tanks or re-balance all existing tanks? The former, ok let's go with that.
The amount of ppl who say: "this game is crapbecause the devs are useless and don't play the game" is astonishing. As if a developer, or a teams of developers are the ones deciding on what should be implemented. They might have input into "how" something is implemented but the decisions come from the business and they look at numbers, unfortunately short term ones since their performance is based on a year, not 5.
So yes, it's correct, only a drop in revenue will force them to ask the questions why

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users